Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 1:27 pm

Emile wrote:
Haha, tumblr scares me as well. Not all of them, but there are lot of crazy people there.
...Even if the "lol blaine" tag is something that everyone should visit after an episode of Glee airs. Rolling Eyes

For me was great to discover tumblr because open my eyes to a crazy fandom world which makes me laugh when I'm down Smile But I wish never to fell under their curse and create my own tumblr, because I still wanna live peacefully.

Last edited by brisallie on 4/15/2012, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  Divalicious 4/15/2012, 1:30 pm

I have to admit I started coming here more because although I still ship Klaine, (as long as he makes Kurt happy, but truly, if Kurt were happy with someone else I would ship them) I don't ship them as much as I used to because of them using Darren so much. It makes me resent all his songs, while I pine for a Kurt one. But that is something true with the entire show. The people who choose who sings what, are simply going to Rachel, Blaine, Santana and Mercedes. Occasionally throwing in others, but I am tired of those voices. I am not hating on the voices themselves, but the overuse is making them all less special.

Another sadness I have is that Brittney, a mediocre singer, seems farmed in songs with Santana, where we do not see the same thing with Kurt in all the Blaine songs.

I do find the constant patrols at GF concerning. I am not a teen, very far from that fanny2 so I guess I don't have this overprotectiveness that everyone must agree with my opinion. While I am protective of Kurt/Chris, I am not going to go about trolling on other fan sites, because you aren't going to change anyone's mind. Their opinion is their opinion. I just won't waste my time on that site.

CloveGlee, I am sooo sorry you had such an incredibly bad fan experience. Until your post it didn't even occur to me that the more militant fangirls out there could do such a thing. How bizarre!

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/15/2012, 1:35 pm

CloveGlee wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:^ Welcome to the board Valkeakuulas! ^^

Personally, I also blame DC for being a weak and non-committed actor but I'm above all a colferite, so whatever happen in the fictional world of Glee, I prefer to laugh about it Smile
I don't think he's any worse than most of them. It's just the overkill for insufficient reason that is the problem, and it's mostly a writing problem. Darren commits very much when singing, and he's very mainstream.
Not necessarily worse but to me, absolutely not committed to the gay nature of his character as soon as he's not in the front in a scene with Kurt. I have already expressed myself enough on this topic and given the details that base my POV, so I'll stop here. The perception of something like this is of course depending on each one's sensitivity, I'm gay, I know how a gay looks at a girl or sit next to her, even when they're close, it's nearly natural that you don't perceive these things the same way.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 1:44 pm

Divalicious wrote:...

Another sadness I have is that Brittney, a mediocre singer, seems farmed in songs with Santana, where we do not see the same thing with Kurt in all the Blaine songs.

Do you forget that RIB likes to make couples always singing together? So how Santana is singing a lot this season, some of her songs are with Brittany dryy

About experiencing with bad fan, I've never had lived something like that but I have read crazy stories about girls who are able to skip work or school only to chase their fav celebrities ohmy and sometimes threat good fans to not get into their ways.

@ Shinra, one of my best friends is gay and I've realize how you guys react when you're next to other girls but still I think I don't know enough. So that why I miss some details about Blaine's attitude toward Kurt that probably you see.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/15/2012, 1:47 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:

Personally, I also blame DC for being a weak and non-committed actor but I'm above all a colferite, so whatever happen in the fictional world of Glee, I prefer to laugh about it Smile
I don't think he's any worse than most of them. It's just the overkill for insufficient reason that is the problem, and it's mostly a writing problem. Darren commits very much when singing, and he's very mainstream.
Not necessarily worse but to me, absolutely not committed to the gay nature of his character as soon as he's not in the front in a scene with Kurt. I have already expressed myself enough on this topic and given the details that base my POV, so I'll stop here. The perception of something like this is of course depending on each one's sensitivity, I'm gay, I know how a gay looks at a girl or sit next to her, even when they're close, it's nearly natural that you don't perceive these things the same way.

Absolutely true. I am straight. I would not be as aware - but all of us know that Blaine flirts too much with women to not be at least bisexual.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 4/15/2012, 1:48 pm

My real first snark and bark comment, oh goodie!

Why are some people always saying the show is sexist and mysoginist? I don't understand, could someone please explain that perspective to me?

P.S.: Fox exec. must have been realing since they cleared up BIOTA.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 2:02 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:

I agree about DC's lack of commitment to the gay nature of his character. Yet, more than his attitude towards girls, what ultimately sells him, I think, is the usual lack of subtle gestures/reactions/looks when he's around guys (Kurt, Jeremiah) he, supposedly, is attracted to. Now that I think about it, if I'm remembering it correctly, in his first scene with Sebastian, though, he delivered some of that. Hm. Anyway, I have to admit that in both instances (behavior towards girls and subtle-revealing-for-the-trained-eye gestures towards guys he like or even guys in general), he might be directed to act precisely that way, so the illusion of bisexual or possibly straight Blaine can be maintained. I don't know. It's like the only effort the show makes to convince the audience Blaine is gay are certain clichéd mannerisms and inflections (like when he asked Burt if someone was a designer) and the fact that he's dating Kurt.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 2:08 pm

CloveGlee wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
CloveGlee wrote:

Absolutely true. I am straight. I would not be as aware - but all of us know that Blaine flirts too much with women to not be at least bisexual.

Hm. Flirting with women as a game is not strange behavior coming from some very gay, not bisexual at all guys. Sometimes said game is completely innocuous, when both gay guy and woman enjoy it playfully, knowing it'll have no consequences. Sometimes, though, it's right out malicious: some gay guys would flirt with women to keep their hopes up, even if the women in question know they're gay, cause they like the attention.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/15/2012, 2:16 pm

paulopf wrote:

Hm. Flirting with women as a game is not strange behavior coming from some very gay, not bisexual at all guys. Sometimes said game is completely innocuous, when both gay guy and woman enjoy it playfully, knowing it'll have no consequences. Sometimes, though, it's right out malicious: some gay guys would flirt with women to keep their hopes up, even if the women in question know they're gay, cause they like the attention.

Yeah! I've seen all of this flirting game between gay guys with women and is exactly all what have you said Razz

Btw, Blaine asked Burt something about a designer? When? I think I missed that scene o.o
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 2:21 pm

It was when they were waiting to see Kurt's prom outfit. Burt was talking about what he had worn for his own prom and mentioned someone. Blaine asked "Is that a designer?"
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 2:29 pm

^ that's the prom episode where burt said something about dressing like tony orlando and blaine asked if that's a designer.

it's great to have some gay members on our board who can offer us perspectives of gay community. it's interesting to know. as a straight woman myself I can never flirt w/ another woman, for whatever reason. I can however treat her like a sister if I feel particularly close to her and like her a lot. it's just me though.

p.s. paulo you beat me. why am I always hte one who type slower? I have fingers made of carrots.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/15/2012, 2:34 pm

paulopf wrote:I agree about DC's lack of commitment to the gay nature of his character. Yet, more than his attitude towards girls, what ultimately sells him, I think, is the usual lack of subtle gestures/reactions/looks when he's around guys (Kurt, Jeremiah) he, supposedly, is attracted to. Now that I think about it, if I'm remembering it correctly, in his first scene with Sebastian, though, he delivered some of that. Hm. Anyway, I have to admit that in both instances (behavior towards girls and subtle-revealing-for-the-trained-eye gestures towards guys he like or even guys in general), he might be directed to act precisely that way, so the illusion of bisexual or possibly straight Blaine can be maintained. I don't know. It's like the only effort the show makes to convince the audience Blaine is gay are certain clichéd mannerisms and inflections (like when he asked Burt if someone was a designer) and the fact that he's dating Kurt.
Completely, and not only towards gay guys. As a gay guy, or like Kurt, I can also look at a picture of Taylor Lautner with a certain interest while I perfectly know that he's straight. Blaine never does that with any man.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 2:40 pm

^ that's just proof that Darren is 100% straight and some people should stop calling him a closeted gay just because he carries certain gay manerisms.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 4/15/2012, 2:41 pm

I don't see Blaines ambiguity in gay/straight scale (whatever that means) as a problem because the general canon in Glee is that only Puck, "straight" Santana, Brittney and perhaps Quinn can show even a remote signs of any kinds of sexuality. So Blaines and hence Kurts sexuality isn't showing mostly at all.

Although physicality towards the opposite sex is much more tolerated in the American television anyway so showing Blaine being flirtious? towards college girls in Loveshack is OK but sidling and "canoodling" with his teenage boyfriend is not. So perhaps thats the reason Fox preferres these happy go lucky flirt moments with boy-girl pairings? Which lead to whole other discussion... It's also to the viewers mind to think if Blaines character just simply is one of those people who are naturally laughing and friendly towards everyone regadless of their sex, because there obviously only are four young gay men in Lima and Westerville.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 2:51 pm

fantastica wrote:^ that's the prom episode where burt said something about dressing like tony orlando and blaine asked if that's a designer.

it's great to have some gay members on our board who can offer us perspectives of gay community. it's interesting to know. as a straight woman myself I can never flirt w/ another woman, for whatever reason. I can however treat her like a sister if I feel particularly close to her and like her a lot. it's just me though.

p.s. paulo you beat me. why am I always hte one who type slower? I have fingers made of carrots.

Well, to be absolutely sincere, I wouldn't dare speak for the gay community or present my own particular experiences and observations as the most generic ones among gay guys. I live a very shielded life in a lot of aspects, so I can't really say that I'm an active integrant of any community, besides my family and closest friends. Actually, counting myself and my boyfriend, I know very few gay guys.

p.s: Haha. I beat no one. It's just that I'm simply sitting here, not doing anything more productive than staring at my computer.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 2:53 pm

Blaine is in portrayed as "sex on a stick" in canon, so his sexual appeal (to both sexes) is a big part of his characterization. even though he's gay he can still give off hte IMPRESSION that he's straight (or at least bi) because a majority of glee viewers who are straight females will welcome the sexual energy coming their way in a subconsicious level. that's why I suspect that the show may end up turning him really bi next year, so he can be the leading man of hte show.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 2:59 pm

fantastica wrote:Blaine is in portrayed as "sex on a stick" in canon, so his sexual appeal (to both sexes) is a big part of his characterization. even though he's gay he can still give off hte IMPRESSION that he's straight (or at least bi) because a majority of glee viewers who are straight females will welcome the sexual energy coming their way in a subconsicious level. that's why I suspect that the show may end up turning him really bi next year, so he can be the leading man of hte show.

Since Blame it on the Alcohol I've had the feeling that eventually they might make Blaine question his sexuality at any point, to make him realize in the end that he is bisexual. At that point, they might also have him exclusively dating girls, precisely as a form of pandering to Darren Criss' fanbase. Blame It On The Alcohol's resolution was bland enough to make that possible.

I want to talk about a spoiler concerning Tina. How do you guys do that cool spoiler thing or where can I learn how to do it?
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/15/2012, 3:03 pm

^ the simplest would be to talk about it in the spoiler thread, you won't need to use spoiler tags Wink

(otherwise, the spoiler tags are in the "Others" menu)
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 3:04 pm

^Thank you! Smile
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 3:05 pm

on your tool bar, there's a button near the right called "others", you will be given a bunch of choice including "spoilers". click it and put your content w/in spoiler tags. that's it! if you do anything wrong shinra can correct it for you.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 3:07 pm

^Thank you!

ps: But you were beaten again. This time by Shinra! Razz
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/15/2012, 3:11 pm

dryy

shinra is determined to make me feel inferior because I caught him w/ some important typo regarding praying mantis' anatomy and he's jealous of my superior knowledge of hte animal kingdom. vexe
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/15/2012, 3:26 pm

Oh! Really? You corrected him on something related to praying mantis? Hahaha. I would have liked to see that. Wait a second! You're that good at catching typos and spelling mistakes? Now I'm nervous!

Spoiler:
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/15/2012, 3:37 pm

Gay or straight, Darren Criss is a bad actor.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/15/2012, 3:39 pm

Spoiler:
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next