Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposition 8 Play

+15
arina
dap1217
tanita_mors
Delight
Struck by Lightning
ColferInspired
brisallie
Ireth
Shinra17
ColferGirl
mellama
sahhar
sjonnepon
Jellyrolls
fantastica
19 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Empty Re: Proposition 8 Play

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 3:45 am

fantastica wrote:
I see Chris is into asymetrical hair now. good for him!

It's in their Glee contract that they cannot change their hair. I imagine as soon as the season is over, Chris will be off to a barber, just like he was last summer. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2012, 3:46 am

brisallie wrote:I'm just watching they play so I can't give a better opinion yet , but Why's everybody reading?
I think they don't have time to memorize everything. i gather they rehearsed this morning. It's a one time thing so having them memorize the whole play is a rather a waste. Anyway it's called "a reading of the play..." in the subtitle. Besides, it's a bit different - more interesting I guess.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 3:49 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0ck77QWhZ1qhdh10o3_500

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/4/2012, 3:50 am

brisallie wrote:I'm just watching they play so I can't give a better opinion yet , but Why's everybody reading?
because they don't know their lines. moque

Actually, it was not a play, just a reading. This kind of performance is usually used for writings which are not meant to be acted, like poems Wink
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 3:51 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0ckiqLUQg1qc4ojbo1_500

There have been so many different productions of it that I can't imagine how they would pick the stars.

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/4/2012, 3:58 am

His performance just left me speechless. Seeing him act alongside George Clooney and so many other respected actors and hold his own with such a complex character was just so gratifying and emotional. I'll be following his career for as long as I live. They are rarely young actors who have the level of performing that he does when he embodies a character.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 3:59 am

AFTER ELTON

Hollywood's brightest stars gathered in Los Angeles to bring the Prop 8 trial to life with a script Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black created from the trial transcripts. George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Chris Colfer, Matt Bomer, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jane Lynch, Matthew Morrison, George Takei, Christine Lahti, Kevin Bacon, and Jamie Lee Curtis but were some of the talent that turned a bitter, dry trial into a human, humorous affair.

Chris Colfer stood out, trapped in a witness stand, talking about being sent to reeducation camps run by AFTAH. Matt Bomer never seemed happier than when he spoke about what marriage means to a family. And Martin Sheen channeled The West Wing's President Bartlett with a full head of steam in a sight to behold.

But perhaps the most humanizing elements of the trial came from Bridger Zadina and Jansen Panatierre as the sons of the plaintiffs. You got to see what that trial did to the families that Prop 8 proponents tried to make less than.

The video is raw, but beautifully directed. At least in this rough cut, the video doesn't start until 18 minutes into the embed.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2012, 4:09 am

I am so happy his performance amongst all these hollywood greats are being recognized. I am so happy!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 4:10 am

Jellyrolls wrote:
Carousel wrote:From Tumblr - I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed!!!!

... like right after he finished talking he went directly for Chris...
So Rob Reiner went right over and talked to Chris at the end….no big deal.

And do you think he said, "Chris, I've got the perfect roll for you in my next movie..." Wink

If he has any brains, he did!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/4/2012, 4:10 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Chris-11
Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Chris-7
Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Chris-6
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/4/2012, 4:13 am

This is the only thing I'd be willing to get up at 4:30 AM for! It was really great. I loved every second Chris and Jane were on screen, they were probably my favorites, though I'm could be biased. wub John C. Reilly and Martin Sheen were excellent, the other two lawyers were very good, and overall the cast was quite strong though I took some time to warm to the kids and Matthew Morrison saying
Spoiler:
might have been unintentionally funny. phr34r I hope this only being online a week might point to it being made into a DVD available for purchase later; a movie (if they cast Chris, of course) would be even better.

If you can swing it, I challenge everyone to donate $10 to the cause to support it for giving us this chance to watch the livestream! It's only a bit more than you'd spend on a movie ticket!
Done neutre
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 4:14 am

So I need to know - how did he get involved in this? Was he asked? Did he audition? Anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/4/2012, 4:25 am

Carousel wrote:So I need to know - how did he get involved in this? Was he asked? Did he audition? Anyone know?
Since it was a reading-show aimed to gather money and performed only once, I doubt there has been any audition and I think it would be pretentious from Chris to propose himself. It's something a heavy-weight and established celebrity can do, not someone as new as Chris. He has most likely been asked to part of it. It's just my opinion.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 4:39 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cn0lN2p61qk8er6o1_500

Well - damn, I was hoping Darren would stay out of this. Bet he had to go so he could meet everyone!!

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2012, 4:45 am

^ yeah, DC is always there so he can get his well-deserved photos taken!

I hope if hte movie is made Chris will be in it. He's excellent in this role.

I am not too impressed by the 2 young sons. they are not bad, but I feel a bit akward in watching them. anyone else feel that way? maybe it's just me.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/4/2012, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 4:56 am

@queenmfine = Meredith Fine - agent for Coast to Coast that represents Chris
@rigross = Glenn Rigberg, his manager

maybe doing a little smoozing for their client??

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/4/2012, 4:59 am

Barbra Streisand? I didn't know they were friends. It's the only name I see in his tweet.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/4/2012, 5:16 am

Managed to find the download link of the prop 8 play. But it looks like it'll take me 6days to download it :( I just hope this slow internet speed of mine is a temporary weekend thing. Even the 5 min Chris part on tumblr took 2 hours to load and I missed the last bit when Chris was about to deliver his most moving line. Gah! There's no excuse for broadband to be so slow!
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2012, 5:16 am

^ I heard some big under-ocean cables that carry the internet had been severed recently, so worldwide internet travel may be a lot slower for the next couple of weeks.

I didn't know Babs is his friend. Lea would be jealous! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 5:30 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cp9kDEwQ1qhdh10o1_500
Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cp9kDEwQ1qhdh10o2_500

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 5:31 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cpo3UKhV1qhdh10o1_500Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cmdxTbRq1qg49w0o2_250

Now tell me Chris isn't cuter?

Last edited by Carousel on 3/4/2012, 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/4/2012, 5:56 am

Since it was a reading-show aimed to gather money and performed only once, I doubt there has been any audition and I think it would be pretentious from Chris to propose himself. It's something a heavy-weight and established celebrity can do, not someone as new as Chris. He has most likely been asked to part of it. It's just my opinion.
Yeah, I think maybe after the strong adult members of the Glee cast had joined, that might have seemed more logical to ask him too. I definitely think the award nominations have opened a lot of doors; it's been a while since Chris did an Emmy round table full of good actors, and of course we didn't get much of the last one, but I love to see Chris in those groups and him being able to work with this cast and the SBL cast proves to me how important that is.

I might be feeling a bit smug and/or vindicated towards some of the other kid Glee actors' fans who like to say that things like major award nominations are worthless or unfairly given out because their favorites don't have them. But this probably belongs on another thread.

I am not too impressed by the 2 young sons. they are not bad, but I feel a bit award in watching them. anyone else feel that way? maybe it's just me.
IMO they're not really strong enough to carry the first scene of the play, or as many scenes as they did have, but luckily they were decent, better than at least half of Glee's kid actors, so they didn't drag the cast down too much, and the one who had the emotional line at the end nailed that scene, which was crucial. If they keep the best scenes those characters had for a movie and use multiple takes those actors would be fine.

Last edited by Struck by Lightning on 3/4/2012, 5:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/4/2012, 5:57 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Chris-colfer-darren-criss-8-red-carpet-performance-15
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2012, 6:08 am

Struck by Lightning wrote:I might be feeling a bit smug and/or vindicated towards some of the other kid Glee actors' fans who like to say that things like major award nominations are worthless or unfairly given out because their favorites don't have them. But this probably belongs on another thread.
Speak up girl! there's nothing to be ashamed of!
awards do count, especially the major awards. the type of awards that don't count much is teen's choice award and people's choice award. they are more like popularity contest and hardly an acurate measure of actual talent.

I am especially proud when I see that Chris' credential mentioned for play 8 includes a long award and nominations list preceeding his name. Not bad for a young actor who's only been around for a few years! Hay Matt Bomer has none!

Last edited by fantastica on 3/4/2012, 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/4/2012, 6:16 am

Just cannot get enuf of that Colfer tongue!! hola

Proposition 8 Play - Page 4 Tumblr_m0cp7xxCz91qls1eto2_250

Back to top Go down