Proposition 8 Play

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Empty Re: Proposition 8 Play

Post  fantastica on 3/4/2012, 6:49 pm

"..and unidentified man..". that guy didn't do his research. they mentioned his name in the proceedings. in fact, all the names of hte witness were mentioned. But, he too feels moved by Chris' character's testimony. that says something in this otherwise fairy critical review.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/4/2012, 8:17 pm

“Glee” star Chris Colfer gave a touching reading from the p.o.v. of a young survivor of a “pray away the gay” retreat center – even if this “reparative therapy” detour seemed to have more to do with making extra points before a captive audience than the legal matters at the crux of the play.
The Wrap

Brad Pitt and George Clooney may be known for their on set pranks but marriage equality is no laughing matter for these talented actors!

On Saturday, the famous best friends banded together to fight for gay rights and marriage equality by performing a benefit reading of 8 at The Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles. Written by Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, the play featured A-listers (and prominent gay rights spokespeople) Chris Colfer, Martin Sheen and, of course, Pitt and Clooney.

Although the play only ran for one night, the star-studded performance was made available live on YouTube by the American Foundation for Equal Rights. Watch the video above and forward to the 30 minute mark to see the full play!
Celebuzz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 3/4/2012, 9:43 pm

Carousel wrote:Shinra - for you! Black and Colfer
TY. and since I can't stand distorted images, I end up resizing them lol.

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 M0d2mgoecs1qiwixqo1_r1_250-323ddf1
Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 M0d2mgoecs1qiwixqo2_r2_250-323de00

Carousel wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:I wonder how they decided to list the actors/actresses with titles. They didn't bill Jane for her Emmy, or Jamie Lee Curtis for her two Golden Globes, or Martin Sheen for his awards. Or Christine Lathi for her Oscar and Emmys. Jamie, Martin, and Christine got theirs many years ago, but Jane's is recent.

I am ashamed to say I neither noticed or cared - just look at Chris listed 4th!!!! Yup! I am shallow! Proud mama!!
Same thing except I don't feel ashamed at all Smile

fantastica wrote:
Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0dgtj7ql31qld9u3o1_250
So, he was trending, and at the first place... when we don't plan anything Laughing At least, it's good to know that he obviously has a large fanbase out of the usual online communities.

Now after this non-kurt performance, it's becoming really hard to wait patiently for seeing him in another one but it's good to read some reactions from people who apparently couldn't imagine Chris different from Kurt. I can't wait for SBL to expand the gap between them in people's mind.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/4/2012, 9:50 pm

you know there are people who are going to say that he's playing himself no matter what, because (1) he will always look like him (instead of looking like a black man, for example), and (2) he will always have a higher voice, instead of sounding like Barry White; and (3) He's so natural and effortless you don't feel that he's acting, and (4) they don't like him, so they will find all kinds of excuses to bash him.

A great video interview of chris from last night, also posted on the spoiler thread because it contains some cryptic spoilers: ]link to video (contains spoilers). Part of it he talks about the play and what he thinks about gay marriage:
I, myself never really thought [marriage] was an option until the last five years when all this began. As I get older, I just want a ring on my finger. I can’t explain. I don’t know if it’s a wedding ring - well maybe it’s a promise ring of some kind - but I definitely want a ring of some kind.
(from Heather's Tumblr)
Honey, you will have a ring on your finger one day! I am sure of that! neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/4/2012, 10:08 pm

The thing is, Chris voice didn't sound all that high in the play. Certainly not Kurt high. Maybe I have heard him speak so many times that I found it normal.
As for his performance, he was playing a gay man who went through hell because he wasn't considered man enough. How exactly was he suppose to play him differently. It's not like the other were give so much to stretch. If anyone could relate, especially about realizing being gay at a young age and being bullied in school, it's Chris. It made the performance more genuine, and those who don't acknowledge his talent will never see it. One poster wrote it perfectly - even if Chris couldn't play any other part but Kurt or Kurt like character, he is still a good enough actor to translate that emotion into his performance for everyone to see and feel. Not a lot "actors" can do that, make you feel, make you connect with the character.

OT, but when we talk voices, last night I caught a singing competition we have back here and one of the contestants was like 19 and looked so young but the voice coming out of his mouth was unbelievably deep, like the deepest out of any other guy there, who were much older and more experienced (sort of like Damian in Glee, but maybe even deeper). I couldn't believe he was singing, it was so creepy really.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Sig11

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 212
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/4/2012, 10:28 pm

^ I agree his voice in the play is quite "normal" for a guy but it's on the higher scale, compared w/ say George Clooney. He can still go deeper as in Romeo, but he doesn't need to. It's perfectly fine. They are not higher than the 2 kid actors there.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/4/2012, 10:40 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I agree his voice in the play is quite "normal" for a guy but it's on the higher scale, compared w/ say George Clooney. He can still go deeper as in Romeo, but he doesn't need to. It's perfectly fine. They are not higher than the 2 kid actors there.

Precisely I was going to ask if anybody notice the fact his voice was deeper than Kurt's voice; I think this is everyday Chris's voice ,right? For me he has the right voice and tone for the play Smile

PS: Is there a normal voice for people according to your gender? huh

I, myself never really thought [marriage] was an option until the last five years when all this began. As I get older, I just want a ring on my finger. I can’t explain. I don’t know if it’s a wedding ring - well maybe it’s a promise ring of some kind - but I definitely want a ring of some kind.
(from Heather's Tumblr)

Smile Someday he will get a ring on his finger like any straight people who get a wedding ring and nobody says anything but "Congrats".
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/4/2012, 10:51 pm

tanita_mors wrote:The thing is, Chris voice didn't sound all that high in the play. Certainly not Kurt high. Maybe I have heard him speak so many times that I found it normal.
As for his performance, he was playing a gay man who went through hell because he wasn't considered man enough. How exactly was he suppose to play him differently. It's not like the other were give so much to stretch. If anyone could relate, especially about realizing being gay at a young age and being bullied in school, it's Chris. It made the performance more genuine, and those who don't acknowledge his talent will never see it. One poster wrote it perfectly - even if Chris couldn't play any other part but Kurt or Kurt like character, he is still a good enough actor to translate that emotion into his performance for everyone to see and feel. Not a lot "actors" can do that, make you feel, make you connect with the character.

Regarding the bolded, I have been thinking about this a lot today, and I have come to the conclusion that one of the reasons why Chris was so compelling in that few minutes of performance last night was because he fully understands that he could have been like Ryan Kendall if he wasn't born into a family that loves and accepts him. He was compelling to give people who aren't as lucky as he is hope

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator
Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 S2e18-69405a-31c211d
Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_mjd79iNp3m1qf87mzo1_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/4/2012, 11:23 pm

That short interview was wonderful. I would love to see Chris married one day or engaged.

I didn't think he was interested in marriage. This interview was a bit of an eye opener for me when he said that. I bet some in the fandom are wondering if he has a special someone, but it is none of their business. They will go nuts if one day in a photo or interview he has a ring on his finger. Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 3429310274

I just want Chris to be happy.

And the spoiler stuff about Kurt, I can't wait. I didn't think he would get many storylines. Nice to know that isn't the case. Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 650269930

I love it how people are still raving about Chris's performance in 8 as well as the play it self.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/4/2012, 11:45 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
I love it how people are still raving about Chris's performance in 8 as well as the play it self.

I want to hear George, or Brad, or Martin or Kevin raving about him.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 3/5/2012, 12:14 am

I think I haven't seen this review yet:

Review: “8” Comes to L.A.
My favorite performance from the night was one of the shortest. Glee star Chris Colfer as Ryan Kendall - a young gay man who was sent to reparative therapy against his will at NARTH (the National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality) because his parents did not accept his homosexuality.

“My mother would tell me she hated me,” Colfer said during his scene as Kendall. “Once she told me she wish she’d had an abortion instead of a gay son. She told me she’d wish I’d been born with Down’s Syndrome or that I had been mentally retarded.”

The Vital Voice

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Banniere---75449-31b6eb9
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 3/5/2012, 12:19 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0dxfnBsi01qausrlo1_250_Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0dxfnBsi01qausrlo4_250
Chris Colfer arrives at rehearsals for Benefit Performance Play “8”

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/5/2012, 1:11 am

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0dxfnBsi01qausrlo3_250 Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0dxfnBsi01qausrlo2_250
related to the post above

this must be old, judging from his hair. i remember this lady interviewed him for hte first time about SBL. From CCN:
Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0e6mipi6s1rpprwko1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 3/5/2012, 2:48 am

^ lol, I was too lazy to post the 4 pics, I just chose the two I prefered Smile . About these pics btw, there's something that seems different to me, in the shape of his pecs/chest when he doesn't have his undershirt, idk.

^ that woman is a fan of him and I think I saw her in a black dress when she interviewed him some time after the GG of last year.

Nothing new but, for my own pleasure: Clooney, Sheen, Pitt and Chris Colfer!!! He is so ahead of the other ND cast members when it comes to recognition wub

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Eight-0019a-323e564

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/5/2012, 3:03 am

^ i know you are a lazy axx. so I posted the other 2. tonguue

here are more tweets:
Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0ecqtN9uw1qhdh10o1_500
I can see all kinds of silver rings sent to him in truckloads from fans. Now he will need to grow thousands of tenticles in order to wear them. Razz

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0ecxgkylE1qhdh10o1_500
I figured they asked him first. That means he's considered a star actor now, and I am sure his prominence in the gay community also helps a lot (judging from having 3 glee actors on it, the LGBT comm loves glee).

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0ed0dnxSe1qhdh10o1_500

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0edgnGV7Y1qhdh10o1_500

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0edcqOZ4Z1qhdh10o1_500

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0ecshJJg61qhdh10o1_500
who is he?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 3/5/2012, 6:21 am

This is one of the moments I am really angry at myself for not being able to learn properly english language. I watched the play, but I didn't understand almost anything and the words was so important and whole thing looked so interesting... I read transcription of Chris' part, so I fortunately understood him. He was amazing and I am really proud of him for being part of something like this.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/5/2012, 7:18 am

arina wrote:This is one of the moments I am really angry at myself for not being able to learn properly english language. I watched the play, but I didn't understand almost anything and the words was so important and whole thing looked so interesting... I read transcription of Chris' part, so I fortunately understood him. He was amazing and I am really proud of him for being part of something like this.

I understand you so much Smile I wish to read the transcript of this play to understand it better than I did, I even went to google to know who's is playing who because I didn't know about this case until Saturday :O About Chris's part, I rewatched over and over lol so Where do you find the transcription?

^ lol, I was too lazy to post the 4 pics, I just chose the two I prefered Smile . About these pics btw, there's something that seems different to me, in the shape of his pecs/chest when he doesn't have his undershirt, idk.

I see a difference too but I can't define well what it is umm well is definitely related to his pecs/chest lol

^ that woman is a fan of him and I think I saw her in a black dress when she interviewed him some time after the GG of last year.

ohmy How do you know she's fan?

Nothing new but, for my own pleasure: Clooney, Sheen, Pitt and Chris Colfer!!! He is so ahead of the other ND cast members when it comes to recognition wub

100% agreed wub
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 3/5/2012, 7:29 am

Transcription
Chris: I was a very precocious kid. So one day I ended up looking up the word "homosexual" in the dictionary, something along the lines of a romantic attraction between members of the same sex, and I saw it, dawned on me that that's what I was.
George: Given your prior testimony about homosexuals, how did you feel when you realized that you were gay?
Chris: Well, once I realized what a homosexual was, I was scared by that. I realized this was bad news for me. So I hid it as far away from everyone as I could.
George: Around this time, did anyone talk to you about being gay?
Chris: When I was in seventh grade, I remember being taunted about being gay.I was called a fagot. I was called a homo, a queer. It was scary going into that building, realizing these kids were taunting me with a word that was so close to the truth. I would go home crying
George: Did your parents find out that you were gay?
Chris: When I was 13 years old, my parents discovered my journal and for the first time I had admitted to myself that I was gay. And I had actually written those words. And they found that and read it.
George: What happened when they read that journal?
Chris: They were very upset. They were yelling.I remember my mother looking at me and telling me that I was going to burn in hell.It was shocking. I never heard anything like that from my mother. I mean, you don't get much worse than eternal damnation.
George: And what is NARTH?
Chris: NARTH stands for the National Association for Reparative therapy for homosexuality. It's a reversal therapy organization based in Encino, California.
George: How long were you at NARTH? What ages?
Chris: 14 to 16.
George: During the time that you were at NARTH, how was your homelife?
Chris: Uhm, my mother would tell me that she hated me. Once she told me that she wished she had had an abortion instead of a gay son. She told me that she wished I had been born with Downs Syndrome or I had been mentally retarded.
George: Who did you meet with at NARTH?
Chris: I met with Dr. Joseph Nicolosi.
George: Where would you meet with Mr. Nicolosi?
Chris: I did, actually, fly out to California to do in-person sessions. I recall Nicolosi saying that, you know, "Homosexuality is incompatible with what God wants for you, and your parents want you to change," and that this was a bad thing.
George: Were you given any advice on how you would be able to suppress your homosexuality, in these therapy sessions?
Chris: I remember it as a general admonishment, but not a specific technique, no.
Brad: And Mr Cooper, you may cross examine.
Kevin: Mr. Kendall. Have you ever lived in the state of California?
Chris: No, I have not.
Kevin: You have never read a scientific study addressing the concept of sexual orientation, isn't that true?
Chris: That is true.
Kevin: And isn't it also true that you have never studied whether a person's sexual orientation can change throughout the course of his or her lifetime?
Chris: No, I haven't studied it.
Kevin: And nothing involved in conversion therapy was yourdecision, it was all your parents' decision. Isn't that true?
Chris: Yes.
Kevin: At some point you communicated to your parents objections to the counseling treatment but your parents compelled you to go against your will?
Chris: That's correct.
Kevin: Your only goal for conversion therapy was to survive the experience, isn't that true?
Chris: Absolutely true.
Kevin: You didn't have the goal of changing your sexual You didn't have the goal orientation -- I'm sorry, correction. You didn't have the goal of changing your sexual attraction, is that correct?
Kevin: Indeed, you admit that you did not truly want to reduce your sexual attraction to persons of the same sex, isn't that true?
Chris: That's correct, it is my experience that people don't want to go to programs like NARTH.
Chris: You acknowledged in your deposition, did you not, that some people report to have effective results with conversion therapy, isn't that true?
Kevin: I have no further questions, Your Honor.
George: And was it successful in that you were able to suppress your homosexuality?
Chris: No. I was just as gay as when I started.
George: While you were in conversion therapy, were you introduced to any people who purported -- or were purported to you to have successfully undergone conversion therapy?
Chris: I remember during one of the group therapy sessions Nicolosi trotted out his perfect patient, the guy who had been cured of his homosexuality. And his name was Kelly.
George: Did meeting Kelly have any impact on your views of conversion therapy?
Chris: I remember once, when Nicolosi stepped out of the room, we were talking amongst ourselves. And Kelly told me that later that night he was going to a gay bar and that he was, essentially, just pretending to be cured for the sake of his family.
George: Why did you stop going to reversal therapy?
Chris: During this whole thing, my life had kind of fallen apart. I didn't have the world that I grew up in, my faith, which was very important to me, my family, which was even more important to me. Everything had just kind of stopped. And I just couldn't take any more. And I realized, at one point, that if I didn't stop going I wasn't going to survive.
George: What do you mean by that?
Chris: I would… I would have probably killed myself.
Sourcehttp://gleefanjp.tumblr.com/post/18714962665/chris-colfers-script-on-8-in-la
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/5/2012, 7:32 am

arina wrote:Transcription
Chris: I was a very precocious kid. So one day I ended up looking up the word "homosexual" in the dictionary, something along the lines of a romantic attraction between members of the same sex, and I saw it, dawned on me that that's what I was.
George: Given your prior testimony about homosexuals, how did you feel when you realized that you were gay?
Chris: Well, once I realized what a homosexual was, I was scared by that. I realized this was bad news for me. So I hid it as far away from everyone as I could.
George: Around this time, did anyone talk to you about being gay?
Chris: When I was in seventh grade, I remember being taunted about being gay.I was called a fagot. I was called a homo, a queer. It was scary going into that building, realizing these kids were taunting me with a word that was so close to the truth. I would go home crying
George: Did your parents find out that you were gay?
Chris: When I was 13 years old, my parents discovered my journal and for the first time I had admitted to myself that I was gay. And I had actually written those words. And they found that and read it.
George: What happened when they read that journal?
Chris: They were very upset. They were yelling.I remember my mother looking at me and telling me that I was going to burn in hell.It was shocking. I never heard anything like that from my mother. I mean, you don't get much worse than eternal damnation.
George: And what is NARTH?
Chris: NARTH stands for the National Association for Reparative therapy for homosexuality. It's a reversal therapy organization based in Encino, California.
George: How long were you at NARTH? What ages?
Chris: 14 to 16.
George: During the time that you were at NARTH, how was your homelife?
Chris: Uhm, my mother would tell me that she hated me. Once she told me that she wished she had had an abortion instead of a gay son. She told me that she wished I had been born with Downs Syndrome or I had been mentally retarded.
George: Who did you meet with at NARTH?
Chris: I met with Dr. Joseph Nicolosi.
George: Where would you meet with Mr. Nicolosi?
Chris: I did, actually, fly out to California to do in-person sessions. I recall Nicolosi saying that, you know, "Homosexuality is incompatible with what God wants for you, and your parents want you to change," and that this was a bad thing.
George: Were you given any advice on how you would be able to suppress your homosexuality, in these therapy sessions?
Chris: I remember it as a general admonishment, but not a specific technique, no.
Brad: And Mr Cooper, you may cross examine.
Kevin: Mr. Kendall. Have you ever lived in the state of California?
Chris: No, I have not.
Kevin: You have never read a scientific study addressing the concept of sexual orientation, isn't that true?
Chris: That is true.
Kevin: And isn't it also true that you have never studied whether a person's sexual orientation can change throughout the course of his or her lifetime?
Chris: No, I haven't studied it.
Kevin: And nothing involved in conversion therapy was yourdecision, it was all your parents' decision. Isn't that true?
Kevin: At some point you communicated to your parents objections to the counseling treatment but your parents compelled you to go against your will?
Kevin: Your only goal for conversion therapy was to survive the experience, isn't that true?
Chris: Absolutely true.
Kevin: You didn't have the goal of changing your sexual You didn't have the goal orientation -- I'm sorry, correction. You didn't have the goal of changing your sexual attraction, is that correct?
Kevin: Indeed, you admit that you did not truly want to reduce your sexual attraction to persons of the same sex, isn't that true?
Chris: That's correct, it is my experience that people don't want to go to programs like NARTH.
Chris: You acknowledged in your deposition, did you not, that some people report to have effective results with conversion therapy, isn't that true?
Kevin: I have no further questions, Your Honor.
George: And was it successful in that you were able to suppress your homosexuality?
Chris: No. I was just as gay as when I started.
George: While you were in conversion therapy, were you introduced to any people who purported -- or were purported to you to have successfully undergone conversion therapy?
Chris: I remember during one of the group therapy sessions Nicolosi trotted out his perfect patient, the guy who had been cured of his homosexuality. And his name was Kelly.
George: Did meeting Kelly have any impact on your views of conversion therapy?
Chris: I remember once, when Nicolosi stepped out of the room, we were talking amongst ourselves. And Kelly told me that later that night he was going to a gay bar and that he was, essentially, just pretending to be cured for the sake of his family.
George: Why did you stop going to reversal therapy?
Chris: During this whole thing, my life had kind of fallen apart. I didn't have the world that I grew up in, my faith, which was very important to me, my family, which was even more important to me. Everything had just kind of stopped. And I just couldn't take any more. And I realized, at one point, that if I didn't stop going I wasn't going to survive.
George: What do you mean by that?
Chris: I would… I would have probably killed myself.
Sourcehttp://gleefanjp.tumblr.com/post/18714962665/chris-colfers-script-on-8-in-la

THANKS ARINA Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 on 3/5/2012, 7:49 am

brisallie wrote:
arina wrote:This is one of the moments I am really angry at myself for not being able to learn properly english language. I watched the play, but I didn't understand almost anything and the words was so important and whole thing looked so interesting... I read transcription of Chris' part, so I fortunately understood him. He was amazing and I am really proud of him for being part of something like this.

I understand you so much Smile I wish to read the transcript of this play to understand it better than I did, I even went to google to know who's is playing who because I didn't know about this case until Saturday :O About Chris's part, I rewatched over and over lol so Where do you find the transcription?
I'm less bad on this case, I understood all the Chris part after watching the sequence for 6 times Laughing

ohmy How do you know she's fan?
because she said so lol! She told Chris she cried like a baby when his name was called at the GG.

Proposition 8 Play - Page 6 Tumblr_m0ei2sMStU1qmf0wgo1_500
He is one of the real plaintiff at the trial.

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 3/5/2012, 8:32 am

Cross-posting from GF:

I've managed to download the whole Prop8 play using the speedy internet connection at work (furtively).

The play is high-quality entertainment with the rare benefits of being factual and educational as well. Watching it is like watching an episode of The West Wing, in that if my concentration so much as lapses for a few seconds, I'll be struggling to work out what the characters were talking about and have to rewind.

I'm impressed with every actor in that play... Hm, well, aside from that actor who played Dr Segura who hardly looked up from his script book, read all his lines monotonously and even fumbled his lines in the little part that he had.

Jane was channeling Sue Sylvester when she delivered her lines passionately and gave people the evil eye. I laughed every time she came on, and apparently, so did most of the audience that night.

Matt was good in that scene where he spoke of his encounter with a hostile Prop8 proponent and how angry he felt at being labelled as harmful to children just because of his sexual orientation. I have to admit, it's hard to imagine him as someone other than Mr. Shue now.

And of course, I found Chris's (too short!) scene to be very moving and powerful. How he managed to be both funny and heartbreaking, and bring out the audience's reactions accordingly is amazing to watch. I noticed that he licked his lips quite a bit during his scene. I wonder whether it was his own nervousness showing, or whether he was trying to imitate Ryan Kendall's mannerisms during the trial.

Ah, it's really great to see all the praise and love Chris is getting for his performance in the play. I'm so proud of Chris for being part of this play, and for giving his small role the respect and seriousness it deserved.

I look forward to the day when he will act alongside actors of high calibre and hold his own against them. This play had showed us all that he can do it.

This is one of the (many) times that I feel a sense of pride for being a fan of Chris Colfer neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/5/2012, 12:09 pm

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/5/2012, 2:01 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
I'm less bad on this case, I understood all the Chris part after watching the sequence for 6 times Laughing

lol We're close in numbers.

because she said so lol! She told Chris she cried like a baby when his name was called at the GG.

What's her name? I just wanna see that video when she told him that Smile

He is one of the real plaintiff at the trial.

wub This is cute. He's the man who was played by Matthew Morrison?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/5/2012, 2:08 pm

A co-worker told me that she saw a segment about 8 on one of the morning news shows this morning (she can't remember if it was ABC or CBS though). She said that Chris was highly featured in the segment, as were Jane and Matt Morrison. She said that the "I would have killed myself" and the "I'm just as gay as when I started" lines were both part of the segment.

This woman told me a couple of weeks ago that Chris would never be anything more than Kurt, and wasn't capable of acting any different from Kurt. I said to her, "Just wait. He'll show you." She said to me this morning, "I couldn't believe how good he was. He was so different from Kurt." And I said, "I told you."

Also, my cousin who used to be a Glee fan but never cared for Chris watched the link after I posted it on my Facebook page. She also told me that she was impressed by how good Chris was in it--awesome was the word she used to describe it.

I love that this is opening more people up to see just how amazingly talented he is.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/5/2012, 2:30 pm

I found this about 8 on the CBS website.

They have a clip of Chris, and they have a one line interview with him, but they didn't put his name on it! So that kind of pisses me off. Brad, and George, and Martin and Jane had their names on the screen or mentioned but not Chris (or George Takai).

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content