Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

+39
azure
tamara04
MissSoniaPP
opals
Ranwing
bayth
ChrisColferFan1
kac
valkeakuulas
BlueJazz
Divalicious
M&M
sheny
fountain
msjoanlucette
Buenos
Dame Loli
red texta
paulopf
E-ko
Sani
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
CCfan93
Shinra17
Emile
arina
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
brisallie
Coolbeans3131
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
Jellyrolls
43 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  fantastica 3/30/2012, 11:33 pm

^ I don't mind characters "switching" from one personality to another (like from mean to good - after all we all have some goodness and badness in us), as long as it's consistent, and predictable, and not consistently unpredictable, or predictably inconsistent.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1

Post  Delight 3/31/2012, 12:32 am

tanita_mors wrote:They lost their way with Shue back in season 2. This guy was the male lead in season 1 and now his plot-lines are footnotes of an episode, or if he gets an A plot, we all either find it boring or offensive. He become completely marginalized, but the saddest thing is that most people couldn't care less. All his plot-lines revolve around Wemma. And if you don't ship Wemma or simply don't care, like me, it does him no favors.

I feel sorry for Matt actually. When the pilot first aired, Chris used to regard Mr Schue as an inspirational teacher, judging from one of his very early tweets 'Will reminds me of my Speech and Debate coach. Everyone should have a teacher like that. : )' I doubt he can say the same thing now about the current Will Schuester. I still can't believe the script had Will saying 'It's not your fault that you have this disease' to Emma in the Yes/No episode. 'Disorder' or 'illness' would have been more acceptable terms to use.

I find that the characters on Glee are stereotyped and written badly to some degree, and it takes an exceptional actor to make the character come alive and become something beyond what is dictated by the script. And it's obvious when the actors fail to do that-- the characters they portray become boring and the audience fail to sympathize with them. Will suffers from this. Others I could think of -- Tina, Blaine, Rory, Brittany, Mercedes.

I often wish that the writing on Glee is good enough that it doesn't rely so heavily on the actors to 'save' the characters and the show.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/3/2012, 2:49 pm

I was rewatching Bad reputation and few other season 1 episodes of Glee and I once again realized how much I loved the old Glee and also how much I miss Kurt's interaction with more people in Glee club. Noawadays when he is not with Blaine he is with Rachel. Always! I am not a Klainer and I know most of the people here are fans of Hummelberry friendship, but I am not.. They are so bouncy and sugary together, I loved superior and judgmental Kurtcedes much better. And frinemies Hummelberry were also priceless. The season 1 of Glee was not flawless but had a great atmosphere and still is very enjoyable to watch...a tleast for me. I can't say it about most of the newer episodes. :(

And I really hope they'll start giving Kurt more scenes with other people than just these two...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/3/2012, 2:54 pm

arina wrote:I was rewatching Bad reputation and few other season 1 episodes of Glee and I once again realized how much I loved the old Glee and also how much I miss Kurt's interaction with more people in Glee club. Noawadays when he is not with Blaine he is with Rachel. Always! I am not a Klainer and I know most of the people here are fans of Hummelberry friendship, but I am not.. They are so bouncy and sugary together, I loved superior and judgmental Kurtcedes much better. And frinemies Hummelberry were also priceless. The season 1 of Glee was not flawless but had a great atmosphere and still is very enjoyable to watch...a tleast for me. I can't say it about most of the newer episodes. :(

And I really hope they'll start giving Kurt more scenes with other people than just these two...

Preach. As must as I love Lea, I'm dying for Kurt to interact with all the othe guys and girls in Glee. I mean how awesome would it be to see him interact with people like Puck, Santana, Artie, Mike, Quinn, there's so much to explore there. Now Hummelberry is just on an overkill.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/3/2012, 3:01 pm

I must admit that I am almost in the phase that I feel disappointed whenewer Lea tweets about filming with Chris. Well, I am happy that Kurt has a scene but I am scared they are wasting all of his screentime for scenes with Rachel and Blaine.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/3/2012, 4:41 pm

arina wrote:I was rewatching Bad reputation and few other season 1 episodes of Glee and I once again realized how much I loved the old Glee and also how much I miss Kurt's interaction with more people in Glee club. Noawadays when he is not with Blaine he is with Rachel. Always! I am not a Klainer and I know most of the people here are fans of Hummelberry friendship, but I am not.. They are so bouncy and sugary together, I loved superior and judgmental Kurtcedes much better. And frinemies Hummelberry were also priceless. The season 1 of Glee was not flawless but had a great atmosphere and still is very enjoyable to watch...a tleast for me. I can't say it about most of the newer episodes. :(

Neither do I. I like rachel only in comic scenes/SL and this happens mostly in her scenes with finn. Kurt is much more funny and entertaining when he plays the judgemental bitch with rachel's silliness.

arina wrote:I must admit that I am almost in the phase that I feel disappointed whenewer Lea tweets about filming with Chris. Well, I am happy that Kurt has a scene but I am scared they are wasting all of his screentime for scenes with Rachel and Blaine.
especially if she mentions crying.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ry_kurtsie 4/3/2012, 4:51 pm

arina wrote:I must admit that I am almost in the phase that I feel disappointed whenewer Lea tweets about filming with Chris. Well, I am happy that Kurt has a scene but I am scared they are wasting all of his screentime for scenes with Rachel and Blaine.
Me too :( Normally I skip most of Rachel's scenes anyway but now I have to watch them since she's always with Kurt. I miss Kurtcedes so much. I was so mad only scene Kurt and Mercedes were together this season ended up being about Finchel Rolling Eyes

ry_kurtsie
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/3/2012, 4:54 pm

Rachel is actually one of my favorite characters, but I just like Kurt and Rachel better and find them more interesting when they aren't sugary best friends. And she still have scenes with other people, Kurt not so much... :(
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/3/2012, 7:51 pm

Exactly, they could have had a frenemy dynamic or something like Kurtcedes where they could be sweet when they wanted to and bitchy when they wanted to. Now they're just sugary sweet to each other all the time. Boring. These writers really don't know how to write long term relationships. They all get super boring after a point a.k.a Klaine.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/4/2012, 10:46 am

The new faces fo the Glee Project:
Spoiler:
X

There's a I-wanna-be-Justin-Bieber in the middle. Shocked
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/4/2012, 10:47 am

Spoiler:
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/4/2012, 1:39 pm

She is a wheelchair and if I read correctly the description, there is a transgendered teen and a blind one. I'm seeing a trend there. But we all know that the hottest/cutest guys will win. That is why I will not watch that crap. Just like last time.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 2:02 pm

tanita_mors wrote:She is a wheelchair and if I read correctly the description, there is a transgendered teen and a blind one. I'm seeing a trend there. But we all know that the hottest/cutest guys will win. That is why I will not watch that crap. Just like last time.

Preach.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/4/2012, 2:18 pm

'Glee' Official William McKinley High School Yearbook

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 KezVa
Cue up “Graduation (Friends Forever)” by Vitamin C (which the Glee kids will hopefully cover later this season to send off seniors Kurt, Rachel, and Finn) and flip through the Official William McKinley High School Yearbook! It may look like a regular yearbook on the outside, but apparently McKinley gossip columnist Jacob Ben Israel had full editorial control, since the theme is — not surprisingly — all glee club all the time. The book hits stores May 1 from Little, Brown, but in the meantime, EW has an exclusive peek at the cover, spreads on Rachel and Blaine, some fun “Most Likely To…” pages, a very helpful “Hookup Chart,” and more. Read on, and H.A.G.S.!

--EW

---------------------------------------
Mah, a waste of money. Shocked
And too much Blaine for a preview.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 4/4/2012, 4:47 pm

re: TGP 2.0 One thing I’m noticing this year and last is they really aren’t choosing a particularly attractive group compared to the current cast, who are plenty diverse but good looking like any normal TV cast, including the five who play underdogs.

She is a wheelchair and if I read correctly the description, there is a transgendered teen and a blind one. I'm seeing a trend there. But we all know that the hottest/cutest guys will win. That is why I will not watch that crap. Just like last time.
Exactly, trying to create headlines with a diverse reality show cast while fully intending to choose the most mainstream (and, if last time was any indication, also boring & untalented) one(s) is sort of repulsive, I hope they get called out if/when that happens again.

Anyways, I found some speculation on the final six on ONTD_Glee, not sure if it’s right or not: possible spoiler
Mah, a waste of money.
A junior shouldn’t be there at all, WTF.

Their ‘most likely to’ part is hilarious and dead on for pretty much everyone though, I enjoyed that.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/4/2012, 5:16 pm

Emile wrote:
'Glee' Official William McKinley High School Yearbook

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 1 - Page 4 KezVa
Cue up “Graduation (Friends Forever)” by Vitamin C (which the Glee kids will hopefully cover later this season to send off seniors Kurt, Rachel, and Finn) and flip through the Official William McKinley High School Yearbook! It may look like a regular yearbook on the outside, but apparently McKinley gossip columnist Jacob Ben Israel had full editorial control, since the theme is — not surprisingly — all glee club all the time. The book hits stores May 1 from Little, Brown, but in the meantime, EW has an exclusive peek at the cover, spreads on Rachel and Blaine, some fun “Most Likely To…” pages, a very helpful “Hookup Chart,” and more. Read on, and H.A.G.S.!

--EW

---------------------------------------
Mah, a waste of money. Shocked

Will I be shunned if I admit I totally want this and plan to get it?

*is prepared to run and hide forever if necessary* phr34r

I can't help it, I like collecting things, and I love photos/pictures - I own things like art books - and this looks like something silly stupid but entertaining and my shameless Glee stan heart really wants it. Yeah. Embarassed
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/4/2012, 5:26 pm

ColferGirl wrote:
Will I be shunned if I admit I totally want this and plan to get it?

*is prepared to run and hide forever if necessary* phr34r

I can't help it, I like collecting things, and I love photos/pictures - I own things like art books - and this looks like something silly stupid but entertaining and my shameless Glee stan heart really wants it. Yeah. Embarassed
Well, if you don't mind, you can also scan it and upload it before running away Laughing (the blaine pages are not necessary though).
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2012, 2:39 pm

I know we can't ask so much to Glee, well to the writers but today I was talking with other people about the series and they should try to explore other topics like how people feel about their self image; there's Mercedes who has issues with food and Quinn has similar problems during season one and I remember she said this season "I'm as thin as a model" like it was something good dryy

PS: About the yearbook, TOO MUCH BLAINE.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/9/2012, 2:53 pm

I just looked at the yearbook pictures, and I agree, too much Blaine. I mean seriously, he gets a whole page in the dodge ball spread, and everyone else is squished onto one? Hopefully the rest of the book is a bit more evenly distributed (though I doubt it--the bulk of the Blaine fans seem younger, and they are more likely to buy the book). I won't be buying it.

Oh, and the best part. Most likely to be a househusband: Blaine. So does that mean he's going to stay home and take care of the kids while Kurt is bringing home the bacon? Somehow I doubt that.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/9/2012, 2:57 pm

I just saw the yearbook - isn't it supposed to be about graduates? why is blaine there? also, rachel's constantly placed w/ Finn - can't she just be w/ herself? lol at the comments where people are sick of blaine now. i remember back in S2 almost nobody said anything negative about him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/9/2012, 3:17 pm

I'm a foreigner so I don't know how it works this thing of yearbooks but I remember my friend showed me hers and it was only about seniors so What's going on here? Also I've realized there're a lot of people who're complaining about Blaine this season, there're even saying he's doing some "work" to Ryan hahahhaa

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/9/2012, 3:19 pm

year book is supposedly about graduating seniors. each graduates will have his/her taken. then there are also group pictures of clubs and such which may include non-seniors. but the highlights should always be the graduating class. the use of blaine here is atrocious. can't they wait til next year? I don't care if he takes half of next year's year book. at least it would make sense.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/9/2012, 3:42 pm

I'm not surprised that Blarren is featured so much on that yearbook spread. I'm surprised they didn't dedicate the entire yearbook to him and feature him on the cover Laughing

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/9/2012, 3:43 pm

GLEE ‏ @GLEEonFOX
We wanted to let you, the fans, know first that #glee will return for a 4th season this Fall! RT this if you’re as excited as we are.

Fox is jumping on the early renewal bandwagon, ordering a fourth season of Glee, a second season of New Girl and a third season of Raising Hope.

“Over the past season, New Girl has become the hottest new appointment series for young adults; Raising Hope has established itself as one of the smartest and most unique offbeat comedies on television; and Glee has continued its success as a genre-defying, global cultural phenomenon,” said Fox president Kevin Reilly. “All three of these comedies add a fresh and distinctive flavor to our Tuesday nights, and I’m really happy to bring them back to our air next season.”

Still no word on the fate of bubble series Fringe, Touch, Alcatraz, Breaking In and The Finder.
http://tvline.com/2012/04/09/fox-renews-glee-season-4-new-girl-season-2/

Lea Michele ‏ @msleamichele
#Glee was officially picked up for season 4 today! So happy! Can't wait to see where Rachel will be next year! Fingers crossed for NYC! Smile

Glee has averaged 8.9 million total viewers and a 3.8 rating in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic so far this season, according to Nielsen. With the show's third year marching toward the graduation of its core cast members including Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chris Colfer, the fourth will continue to feature the stars in what the network and actors have called a ground-breaking fashion, potentially a show-within-a-show format.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-renews-glee-new-girl-raising-hope-309625

Well people, our nightmares have come to pass. The horror known as Glee, has been renewed. BIG SHOCKER. humhum

Rejoice or cry yourself to sleep. To each his own.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/9/2012, 3:46 pm

The only good thing that comes out of this is I get to see Chris Colfer on my TV screen every week. Other than that, good luck with planning the next 'pathbreaking' season oh talented writers Rolling Eyes

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next