Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stranger Than Fan Fiction

+9
brisallie
mindschemez
Kurt addict
Buenos
valkeakuulas
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
fantastica
Glorfindel
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Stranger Than Fan Fiction - Page 4 Empty Re: Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Post  valkeakuulas 3/14/2017, 6:52 am

valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mae55 3/18/2017, 10:18 pm

Got the book for my birthday on Monday and finished it today. Most of it is so funny Laughing , but I did end up crying  crycry  at the end. Here's the non-spoiler review I posted on the book site LibraryThing:

Topher, Sam, Joey and Mo have just graduated from high school in Downers Grove Illinois and have been best friends since elementary school, when they all became fans of the Wiz Kids TV show. Before they split up to attend different colleges, they plan to take a road trip to California. After a final video chat the night before they leave, Topher dashes off one last fan letter to the Wiz Kids young star, Cash Carter, and in the postscript tells him about the road trip, jokingly adding "we would love for you to join us!" A short time later, a reply from the web site pops up in Topher's browser, just two words... "What time?"

And so a hilarious road trip begins. Four astonished fans, who were sure it was a joke, plus Cash Carter himself, not at all like the Wiz Kid character he plays. Secrets will come out as the teens discover a lot more about themselves, each other and their idol, with misadventures at old style road-side attractions and new experiences they would never have found on their own.

I'm way above the YA age group this is written for, so this was a quick, entertaining read that I greatly enjoyed. Chris Colfer has done it again, I liked this even more than his Land of Stories books. I haven't laughed this hard reading a book in ages, but there are tears too by the end.

Glee fans will recognize some of the people and incidents Cash describes, harking back to Chris's own experiences as a TV star.
mae55
mae55
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/20/2017, 7:37 pm

Hello everybody, long time without posting here, I'm sorry for being so MIA. Coincidentally I travelled to San Francisco in February, so when the book was released I bought it the following day, besides is the first time I've a book written by Chris in my hands, so it was double excitement for me; i should had bought TLOS books, but I had some budget issues :( nevermind, at least I got my hands on Stranger than Fanfiction, and I read it in a day and a half. It was funny, and for me it was undeniable that it was written by Chris, because the witty jokes were totally him, and bet some of the experiences and opinions he described where from his own stories. And also, I love how well Chris knows how a fandom works, and yep it can be insane, starting by the shippers coughklainerscough; and though I'm sure everything was mostly based on Glee, still I could recognize other fandoms, actually he mentioned one of my fav ones and I lost it haha.

As for the characters, I read Chris himself identifies with all of them, that they represent something of him, but personally is Cash, the lead one, who reminds me more of him, including the physical description.

So yeah, pretty much I enjoy this book Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/29/2017, 1:33 am

Thanks for the reviews ladies! These days it's hard for an old lady like me to read young adult novels, but Chris has his magic...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4