Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Post  Glorfindel on 11/25/2016, 11:31 pm

@chriscolfer "If only diplomacy worked as efficiently as a fandom, there would never be war again.“ #StrangerThanFanfiction (3/7/17)

The On-Sale Calendar: March 2017 Children's Books

March 7, 2017

Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer (Little, Brown, $18.99; ISBN 978-0-316-38344-8). 150,000 copies.

hrhchriscolfer Done! #strangerthanfanfiction

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/6/2016, 1:38 am

Source:
http://chriscolfernews.co

Success measured by the injuries at a fancom event?  panik ptdr

Looks like this quick clip of the audio taping of Chris for the book confirms this YA novel is going to be much much darker and less "heartwarming" than the original synopsis seemed to convey.

bounce bounce
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 12/6/2016, 7:36 pm

Oh good! Gimme the dark lord any time! Can't wait!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 1/23/2017, 2:05 am

I am getting this book next month in hard cover. Smile 

My bff pre-ordered it fpr me. wub
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/24/2017, 5:35 pm

@BooksAreFriend5 @chriscolfer I have an #ARC of #StrangerThanFanfiction! 3/17 i’m so excited to read this. Your #writing inspires me! #books #reading

Cash Carter is the young, world-famous lead actor of the hit television show Wiz Kids. He’s a favorite of the tabloids and paparazzi, who take notice of his every move. Everyone wishes they could be him…or at the very least, get close enough for a selfie. 
When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, they are shocked when he actually accepts their invitation. But along the way they discover that the star they love isn’t the picture-perfect person they’ve seen on TV. Cash Carter has secrets—big ones—and they just might tear his image apart. 
In this funny, insightful novel, #1 New York Times bestselling author CHRIS COLFER will take readers on a life-changing adventure across the States.
Back Cover Blurb for Chris Colfer's "Stranger Than Fanfiction"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/27/2017, 12:09 am

march can't come soon enough! Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 2/2/2017, 12:11 am

http://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/best-new-ya-books-february-2017

Best New YA Books: February 2017

Let us play Cupid for your bookshelf.

byRyan Houlihan
Let’s be honest here: for many people, 2017 hasn’t gotten off to a stellar start. But thankfully, February’s got some incredible literature to escape into if you’re looking for a temporary reprieve in the name of self-care. Keeping up the streak of hits from January (like Jenny Valentine’s Fire Color One), the month of love will see the publication of must-read titles from Chris Colfer’s hilarious and touching new road-trip tale Stranger than Fanfiction to Angie Thomas’ highly-anticipated novel The Hate That U Give, which was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement.

3/13
Gemini: Stranger Than Fanfiction by Chris Colfer

Sociable and energetic Geminis are going to dig the heck out of Chris Colfer’s new road trip novel. It’s about Cash Carter, who is a huge celebrity and the star of TV’s latest hit Wiz Kids. When four of his fans invite him on a cross-country road trip (mostly as a joke) he unexpectedly takes them up on their offer. Cashed by paparazzi and hounded by fans, the devoted followers learn more about their idol then they could have imagined – and he is transformed by their friendship.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 2/2/2017, 12:26 am

http://chriscolfernews.co/

Win the February NOVLbox curated by Chris Colfer
Rabbit rabbit, NOVLers! It’s February!
And it’s going to be a very happy February for ten lucky readers…because this month’s NOVLbox is curated by Chris Colfer, award-winning actor, bestselling writer, and author of the new YA book, Stranger Than Fanfiction (out February 28th and if you pre-order now, you can get a free magnet. More details here). Chris has written some amazing middle grade fantasy with his Land of Stories series, but now he’s back with another little something for an older audience, AKA you guys! Stranger Than Fanfiction is the tale of one TV star and four super fans on an epic, bumpy road trip across the country. It’s a hilarious and honest look at life in the spotlight and discovering your true self. We can’t wait for everyone to read it—And we just might be able to help a bit. You’ll have to enter to find out!
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/7/2017, 5:23 am

chriscolfernews.co
Chris Colfer’s “Stranger Than Fanfiction” vs. Naya Rivera’s “Sorry Not Sorry”
By Anthagio

“Luckily for him, these days Cash had a little help to take the edge off. He reached into his pocket and pulled out three large pills and two marijuana gummy bears.” —Chris Colfer in Stranger Than Fanfiction
“The Love Nest was also where we got one of our castmates high for the first time, or at least tried to. We fed him a whole bag of weed gummy bears on New Year’s Eve, and he still didn’t feel a thing.” —Naya Rivera in Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up

I had a feeling this was Chris. Smile Razz
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/7/2017, 5:24 am

To Ashley [Fink], for being the best friend a guy could ask for. Since your memory is much better than mine, you’ll have to remind me which parts of this book actually happened.
— Chris Colfer’s dedication in Stranger Than Fanfiction
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/12/2017, 3:31 pm

So chris is finally writing a "biography"! Razz
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/19/2017, 7:52 pm

^Seems like it,....look below.  Shocked

Read an excerpt from Chris Colfer's "Stranger Than Fanfiction"
This excerpt is from Chapter One of Stranger Than Fanfiction, Convention Interventio:
“My first question is for Cash and Amy,” Kylie said. “What is the fate of Peachfuzzle? And do you love Peachfuzzle as much as the Peachfuzzlers?”
Cash stared at Kylie like she was speaking another language, but he consciously kept his emoting to a minimum so his face wouldn’t be turned into an obnoxious meme later.
Huh?” Cash asked. “What’s a Peachfuzzler?”
Kylie playfully rolled her eyes as if he had asked her if blue was her natural color. “The shippers who ship Dr. Peachtree and Dr. Bumfuzzle,” she said. “I’m sure you’ve seen the hashtags.”
“I thought they called themselves Bumtrees,” Cash said.
Kylie shook her head. “We changed it.”
Terrence Wallem looked from side to side in a daze. He had no clue what the hell anyone was talking about. Whatever Peachfuzzlers or Bumtrees were, the couldn’t be appropriate for the children in the audience.
“Cash and I couldn’t be more thrilled so many people care so deeply about the relationship between our characters,” Amy said, desperate to say something before the panel was over.
“So will they be on or off next season?” Kylie asked. “Cash?
This was a very tricky question, especially since Cash didn’t have an answer. The “shippers” were the most passionate group of the Wiz Kids fandom. If Cash said something they liked, his social media would be flooded with pictures, videos, and GIFs of Dr. Bumfuzzle and Dr. Peachtree kissing or looking lovingly at each other. If he responded with something they didn’t like, his social media would be bombarded with pictures, videos, and GIFs of decapitated animals, human feces, and militants destroying priceless artifacts. He had to be careful.
“Well, they’ve been on and off since season five,” Cash said with a nervous quiver in his voice. “So, since they were mostly off last season, I would assume they’d be back on next season.”
Omg, does this remind you of anything Glee related? ptdr

Last edited by Glorfindel on 2/20/2017, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 2/20/2017, 3:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Seem like it,....look below.  Shocked

Read an excerpt from Chris Colfer's "Stranger Than Fanfiction"
This excerpt is from Chapter One of Stranger Than Fanfiction, Convention Interventio:
“My first question is for Cash and Amy,” Kylie said. “What is the fate of Peachfuzzle? And do you love Peachfuzzle as much as the Peachfuzzlers?”
Cash stared at Kylie like she was speaking another language, but he consciously kept his emoting to a minimum so his face wouldn’t be turned into an obnoxious meme later.
Huh?” Cash asked. “What’s a Peachfuzzler?”
Kylie playfully rolled her eyes as if he had asked her if blue was her natural color. “The shippers who ship Dr. Peachtree and Dr. Bumfuzzle,” she said. “I’m sure you’ve seen the hashtags.”
“I thought they called themselves Bumtrees,” Cash said.
Kylie shook her head. “We changed it.”
Terrence Wallem looked from side to side in a daze. He had no clue what the hell anyone was talking about. Whatever Peachfuzzlers or Bumtrees were, the couldn’t be appropriate for the children in the audience.
“Cash and I couldn’t be more thrilled so many people care so deeply about the relationship between our characters,” Amy said, desperate to say something before the panel was over.
“So will they be on or off next season?” Kylie asked. “Cash?
This was a very tricky question, especially since Cash didn’t have an answer. The “shippers” were the most passionate group of the Wiz Kids fandom. If Cash said something they liked, his social media would be flooded with pictures, videos, and GIFs of Dr. Bumfuzzle and Dr. Peachtree kissing or looking lovingly at each other. If he responded with something they didn’t like, his social media would be bombarded with pictures, videos, and GIFs of decapitated animals, human feces, and militants destroying priceless artifacts. He had to be careful.
“Well, they’ve been on and off since season five,” Cash said with a nervous quiver in his voice. “So, since they were mostly off last season, I would assume they’d be back on next season.”
Omg, does this remind you of anything Glee related? ptdr

This is priceless. Razz

Hoping to get my copy soon.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 2/23/2017, 1:41 am

This is super cool. I wonder what those cc shippers think, if they still exist.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 2/23/2017, 5:16 am

^Now why would you think of those Glee fans after reading that?   sifflou

It seems Alla Plotkin also has some suspicions about fiction copying reality in Chris' new book:

moque

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 2/24/2017, 9:58 pm

Chris Colfer will be a guest in the AOL BUILD Series on March 2, 2017
Join New York Times Best-Selling author Chris Colfer as he takes over BUILD Studio @692 Broadway for a “Stranger than Fanfiction” book event. Colfer will discuss the book, and take questions from fans.
A signed copy of the book is your ticket in. Books will be sold on site.
Doors open 30 minutes before showtime and CLOSE 5 minutes prior to each show. VALID ID REQUIRED FOR ENTRY for security purposes (No age minimum). Please note we clear the studio after every event and we DO NOT permit autographs on our premises. This event will be streamed LIVE on AOL.com/BUILD! Make sure to check out the BUILD Series Newsletter for updates and information about our events: http://build.aol.com/newsletter.
DATE AND TIME
Thu, March 2, 2017
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EST
692 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
Sales start on Feburary 24 at 5:00 PM
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 2/28/2017, 1:42 pm

Ordered both copies, both US and UK ones. The UK large paperback version by Atom publishing was significantly cheaper.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Stranger than Fanfiction

Post  Kurt addict on 3/1/2017, 6:10 am

By some unknown miracle i received my Stranger than fan fiction book yesterday, considering the book is not due for release in the UK until the 7th March, so i was very excited to get my hands on it!

I opened the book and started to read and didn't put it down until i finished it! its a quick read, very much a young adult book, i wont give the game away, but Chris Colfer you did it again! i was in tears with a big lump in my throat! true i had predicted what was going to happen but it didn't make it any easier to contend with, Chris is a very visual writer, i can imagine this story as a short film, all in all as Chris said Its not Shakespeare, but then again its not Shakespeare but I enjoyed it, and it kept my interest, i didn't put it down until it was finished

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/1/2017, 9:29 pm

^I got my copy yesterday too.

I'm a few chapters in and like it so far. It's indeed a quick read, but from what I heard about the book I suspect some heavy issues will be dealt with later on in the story.

What is also fun are the references to his Glee days. Although not explicit, you can still read between the lines how being thrown into the spotlight and becoming the idol of so many (young) fans must have turned Chris' life upside down.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/2/2017, 8:42 am

Got my book today and just read the first chapter. neutre 

Too tired to read anymore because I had a long day. Will read more tomorrow.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mae55 on 3/2/2017, 11:47 am

I asked for a copy for my birthday, so I won't get it for another week and a half.  bounce
I'll be back to this thread after that!
mae55
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/2/2017, 10:13 pm

Our computers were down for four hours at work today, so I had extra time to read the book today, and I actually finished it.  Without giving out any spoilers, I enjoyed it, but I wish that it was a bit longer so that he could have better developed the characters.  It seemed a bit rushed.  

And I hope that parents of the younger kids who are fans of TLOS realize this is not a book for a kids that age.  There is a whole lot of cussing in the book.

Some of his real life stories are in the book, but there were several times in the book where I thought to myself, "I hope that this didn't really happen to him."

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/5/2017, 1:16 am

Just finished and I was in tears at the end. crycry 

This is was to me was perfect. Loved all the characters and it was such a wonderful read. I will be putting the last bit in spoiler tags for anyone who has not yet read it.

Spoiler:
It sort of hit home with two characters having cancer and dieing because I am healthy but still nervous about the results of some scans last week. Part me of thinks Chris's mum had cancer because it felt personal as I continued reading. It would explain why Chris and Will's families went to France with them.

Sadly from what I have learnt since last year the treatment can sometimes kill not the cancer.

I am so happy he chose a transgender male as there it is has always been trans females in television.

Joey was a bi-racial black gay boy. I just loved him and my heart went out to him.

Mo Japanese American. She was just amazing and so funny. Loved her giving names and stories to inanimate objects, just like Chris and his action figures.  wub

Topher and Sam, loved the outcome with them, it had a lot of heart.

And Cash dieing and leaving trust funds for them. That made me cry.

So happy Joey ended up living with Topher and his family. Stuff his dad. Why I am not religious.

He made me care about these characters and such diversity. He wrote each character as human.

I loved Davi and Huda. He wrote them as normal teenagers not stereotypes.

This book was just amazing. I give it 10 out of 10. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/8/2017, 7:54 pm

@TheNovl #StrangerThanFanfiction is a New York Times bestseller! Congrats @chriscolfer and thank you to everyone for your support
@chriscolfer Huge thanks to everyone for reading #StrangerThanFanfiction! I’m so thrilled that Cash, Topher, Sam, Joey, and Mo are in your hands! coool coool coool

Yay! bananaz hola

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 3/11/2017, 8:57 am

Just finished the book. It had a lot in it, so much I would have wished a little less characters. Chris had me enthralled with some chapters and dialogue when it get to the very personal level and focuses on the detail.

An easy read and I can see many teenagers liking the characters.

Spoiler:
I did think Cash was more suicidal, so much that his death would have been because of that and was suprised by the cancer.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top