Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stranger Than Fan Fiction

Post  Glorfindel on 6/28/2016, 7:49 pm

Colfer will close out the year with the release of his second YA novel, Stranger Than Fan Fiction, a semi-autobiographical bildungsroman about the lead actor of a hit television show who shocks a quartet of fans when he accepts their invitation to go on a cross-country road trip with them. Little, Brown has scheduled it for a December release.

“It’s not the biography people initially wanted but I do realize that growing up on a TV show is a unique adolescence,” Colfer said. “So this is sort of my fictionalized coming of age story.”
publishersweekly.com

I can't wait to read this book: there must be some juicy Glee and Klainers/crisscolfers fandom shade in it.  Twisted Evil

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/28/2016, 8:14 pm

I can't wait for this book either.

He is an expert at throwing shade. Twisted Evil 

This book sounds like fun. neutre
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/29/2016, 3:19 pm

I am very excited about this upcoming book, can't believe it's coming out this very year.

Damn, this boy never sleeps!!

This novel will be different from the LOS series, set in the contemporary world and addressing (I'm guessing) among other things the age of social media/fan with celebrity culture. It's also a YA genre, so yes, things may get a bit more "mature" as far as subjects.

Chris has talked in interviews the pitfalls of being obsessed with your fame and celebrity and it's obvious for his own life he's drawn a line, being a very private person. Love to see his observations per "fictional" characters.

And yes,I can't help but think most of us will be reading between the lines to see what subtle shade Chris my throw on real life people or situations. ptdr
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/29/2016, 4:10 pm

The premiss sounds incredibly hard to pull of. I hope he'll manage it.

But on the other hand I would have never thought he'd even try it like this. Definately waiting eagerly to see the end result.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/30/2016, 11:14 am

Good for him. Book publishing allows him to write as many stories as he desires w/o having to go through the network/movie studio and beg investors and producers and make deals w/ so many people/entities just to get a single project on the burner (even the back burner). By the time the movie comes out and with so many business people's input/influence god knows what the project will look like at the end, not to mention profit potential. Since he's already an established "best seller" author Chris can pretty much churn out as many book projects as his creativity allows, and he can own them 100%. I bet he's making a VERY handsome living on his book royalties alone, while working in his pajamas cuddling w/ his honeys (including the furry ones). what a lifestyle! Beats going to the movie/tv set 5am til 2am.

I seriously envy this kid. On the other hand, he's earned every bit of it as a completely self-made man.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/12/2016, 3:16 pm

"There are four of them and they are all voices that I think the YA world needs more of. There will be a trans character. There will be a character who’s a brother of someone with special needs, I have experience with. There will be the kid that’s in the closet and there will be the girl that’s too smart for her own good, you know, and very much like well, the reason why I wrote Struck by Lightning was because I just didn’t see a kid like me in the young teen world and so I would like to kind of continue that with this book."

Chris Colfer on the fan characters in Stranger Than Fanfiction

(via chriscolfernews)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/12/2016, 10:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
"There are four of them and they are all voices that I think the YA world needs more of. There will be a trans character. There will be a character who’s a brother of someone with special needs, I have experience with. There will be the kid that’s in the closet and there will be the girl that’s too smart for her own good, you know, and very much like well, the reason why I wrote Struck by Lightning was because I just didn’t see a kid like me in the young teen world and so I would like to kind of continue that with this book."

Chris Colfer on the fan characters in Stranger Than Fanfiction

(via chriscolfernews)

I love the sound of these characters. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 8/23/2016, 5:05 am

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer comes a funny, heartbreaking, unforgettable novel about friendship and fame.

Cash Carter is the young, world famous lead actor of the hit television Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, they are shocked that he actually takes them up on it. Chased by paparazzi and hounded by reporters, this unlikely crew takes off on a journey of a lifetime--but along the way they discover that the star they love has deep secrets he's been keeping. What they come to learn about the life of the mysterious person they thought they knew will teach them about the power of empathy and the unbreakable bond of true friendship.

In this touching novel, #1 New York Times bestselling author Chris Colfer takes us on a journey full of laughter, tears, and life-changing memories.

Amazon description of Stranger Than Fiction

I do wonder how tongue in cheek this is actually written or is it more serious. Just the name of the character makes me confused a bit about how the overall tone of the book might turn out to be.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/23/2016, 12:21 pm

It screams GLEE sendup from that synopsis alone.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/23/2016, 11:48 pm

Sounds so interesting! Sigh I have to dig into my pocket again. Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/23/2016, 11:49 pm

Name of the main character is cc. Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 8/28/2016, 5:42 am

I hope we get some wailed insider Glee scoop from STFF. You know, spoof style, with some nuggets of truth in there.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/28/2016, 11:20 am

tanita_mors wrote:I hope we get some wailed insider Glee scoop from STFF. You know, spoof style, with some nuggets of truth in there.
Same. Smile

Since Chris has already hinted at certain Glee related stuff/shenanigans in some of his other work (like the story of the girl stalking celebrities in 'Struck by Lightning', the "6 long years in glee-club" line in Hot in Cleveland, and what Gretel said in TLoS3 about the worst thing people can do is see a person mainly as part of a couple instead of an individual) I have no doubt there will be strong Glee references in this book.
I mean..... the name of the character alone: Cash Carter, same initials as Chris himself. And the tv show being called 'The Whiz Kids'. mrgreen  

All the analyzing and speculation (and probably certain people *cough*klainers and/or tinhatters*cough* being offended, lol) on twitter and tumblr will be glorious. fanny2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 8/28/2016, 11:54 am

klainers and/or tinhatters
Wait, are those people STILL around ??? I haven't been in the Glee tumblr world for a while, but there are people who still think Chris and Darren are a thing ? ohmy blinkk

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/28/2016, 3:40 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
klainers and/or tinhatters
Wait, are those people STILL around ??? I haven't been in the Glee tumblr world for a while, but there are people who still think Chris and Darren are a thing ? ohmy blinkk
Unfortunately, yes. brikwol

Their numbers are less then when Glee was still on tv, but their hardcore believers are still very much deep into their delusions and conspiracy theories on tumblr and twitter.There's even a 'Darren and Chris' news tumblr that only posts news of "their boys" that doesn't include their romantic partners, Will and Mia. Rolling Eyes
Their reasoning for Darren and crisscolfer still not coming out yet is that Fox still has Darren and Chris under contract, even after Glee has ended over a year ago. And then there's poor Darren's 'evil' PR-team and girlfriend, who basically keep him as a slave to leech off of him.
And of course it's still usually Chris who gets their abuse and tinhatting comments on his social media. notall

So I wouldn't be surprised if there's something about real life shipping him with his co-star, and how delusional fans can be so annoying, in Cash Carter's life. 
(can't wait for the snark tbh, lol)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/29/2016, 9:56 pm

For some people, the illusion is all they need to live for. Think about those who still believe Elvis is alive.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/29/2016, 9:59 pm

OT: I didn't read Naya's book. Did she mention any inside scoops of Glee? I am not talking about how hard they work etc., but real inside scoop.

My guess is no. It's pretty much a taboo in hollywood to bad mouth any people of power. You may never see any work offer again if you choose to open your mouth. Chris will not likely to say anything either, but he will make fun of silly fans and their delusions I am sure.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 8/30/2016, 2:17 am

Is Nayas book already out? It's not available until sometime in September in the uk I've been debating buying it! Has anyone read it!

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/30/2016, 4:43 am

fantastica wrote:OT: I didn't read Naya's book. Did she mention any inside scoops of Glee? I am not talking about how hard they work etc., but real inside scoop.
Her book is not out yet, but she revealed some stuff last week.
(Taking this to the General Glee Discussion thread: Arrow link.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 8/30/2016, 6:08 am

There is no chance in Hell she would badmouth Murphy or anyone in production of the show, not if she wants to work in Hollywood again. Look at what happened to Josh Trank - the director of the Fantastic 4 reboot - he distanced himself from the production said that they butchered his movie and such. He was going to direct Star Wars, but now his carrier is dead. Why do you think David Ayer, the director of Suicide Squad keeps repeating how the movie is his vision, even though everyone and their mother know that WB butchered his product as well. You want to have a job in the future.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/17/2016, 5:42 pm

See the Cover of Chris Colfer's Next YA Novel, 'Stranger Than Fanfiction'

Imagine if a celebrity agreed to go on a road trip with his fans. That’s the subject of writer and Glee actor Chris Colfer’s latest YA novel Stranger Than Fanfiction, and EW is excited to exclusively reveal the cover.
The protagonist of Stranger Than Fanfiction is Cash Carter, the young and famous star of the hit show Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, Carter surprises them by saying yes. Along the way, the curtain is pulled back on their favorite celebrity as they learn his deep secrets. By the end, they all learn the meaning of true friendship.
Stranger Than Fanfiction marks Colfer’s return to YA after his 2012 novel Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal. Colfer also starred in and wrote the film adaptation of Struck by Lightning and authored the children’s fantasy series The Land of Stories.
The book comes out March 7 from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. See the cover below.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/18/2016, 5:00 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 10/28/2016, 7:52 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
See the Cover of Chris Colfer's Next YA Novel, 'Stranger Than Fanfiction'

Imagine if a celebrity agreed to go on a road trip with his fans. That’s the subject of writer and Glee actor Chris Colfer’s latest YA novel Stranger Than Fanfiction, and EW is excited to exclusively reveal the cover.
The protagonist of Stranger Than Fanfiction is Cash Carter, the young and famous star of the hit show Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, Carter surprises them by saying yes. Along the way, the curtain is pulled back on their favorite celebrity as they learn his deep secrets. By the end, they all learn the meaning of true friendship.
Stranger Than Fanfiction marks Colfer’s return to YA after his 2012 novel Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal. Colfer also starred in and wrote the film adaptation of Struck by Lightning and authored the children’s fantasy series The Land of Stories.
The book comes out March 7 from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. See the cover below.

Some have criticised the cover but I like it. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/29/2016, 11:38 am

"Stranger than fan fiction" is suppose to be about a road trip, so I thought it was a cute visual play on that.  Smile
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 11/3/2016, 11:37 pm

From Chris interview with Amanda Peet in the EW POP festival, he readily admits the treacly "about true friendship" synopsis from Barnes and Noble and others about this book is not exactly accurate.

The celebrity is the "worst Mary Poppins" getting the young fans drunk, stoned, and teaching them bad language. Profanity is apparently used in the book, so I'm assuming it's a YA book that isnt anywhere near Land of Stories.

What I find fascinating is that Chris isn't afraid to branch off, (I can already hear the complaints since this seems such a total departure from the LOS series/franchise that it's not appropriate for his younger fans..)
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top