Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+17
aubinharleygrace17
Eaton2011
Delight
Ranwing
angelnessa
Buenos
bayth
ColferInspired
fantastica
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Kurt addict
mindschemez
brisallie
valkeakuulas
Ireth
21 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Buenos 6/29/2015, 7:48 pm

It's interesting  how when someone has been together for, say, 5-10 years what rights they would be accorded under DP provisions such as California.  I know some states have "common law" spouse stipulations.

It becomes a personal choice.  I mean Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel have lived together for over 30  years and opted not to marry.  

Others don't like the idea of a formal written union such as marriage.

Are their any rights that come under marriage that DP's can't acquire through other means?

I was actually shocked that  the late writer of the "The Girl with the dragon tattoo" who had lived with his partner in Sweden for 30 YEARS how little recourse she had to his estate after the fact.    30 years!!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Ranwing 6/29/2015, 9:20 pm

Chris is 25 years old in what is (as far as we know) his first long-term relationship. At least one that's secure enough that he and Will can be out in the public eye. I'm not at all surprised that he's not ready to go running to the courthouse to get married at this stage in his life. Having the opportunity and the freedom to do something is enough for him at this stage. When and if he's ready to make that kind of commitment to someone, it's wonderful that he's got the freedom to do so. But I give him credit that he recognizes that he's not at all ready at this stage.

As for Chris's critics who apparently think that he should be rushing to get married immediately and isn't expressing enough enthusiasm... they will look for anything to rag on him. If he and Will decided to get married this weekend, all we'd hear is that he's too young and he's stupid for rushing to get married now just because the law changed. He can't do or say anything right as far as they're concerned, so who cares what they think?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/29/2015, 9:53 pm

Wow, that Kerrie person is still around? So many years her obsession was still as strong as day one huh?

i totally agree with Chris - just because all of us (hetero, homo, everyone) has the right to marry doesn't mean we should all marry. although sexual orientation is NOT a life style thing, marriage IS. it's about who you want to spend the rest of your life with, have a family with, have children with, buy a house (or more) with, share a bank account with (don't have to but people usually do) and having in-laws for holidays etc. it's not a lifestyle that's suitable for everybody. someone who has trouble staying monogamous for more than a few months or a few years should never get married in the first place.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/30/2015, 5:11 pm

“I never thought getting married would become such a stereotypical ‘gay thing’ to do,” says 25-year-old actor Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel on “Glee”). “In just a few years, what was discussed as only a prospect has now become an expectation in my circle of friends. I can’t tell you how many hysterical arguments I’ve gotten into by defending my right not to get married.”

To me this fits  with his seeming aversion to marrying off Klaine on Glee at such a young age and the message it gives to kids.

Of course Chris  may change his mind in the future per marriage, understandably at age 25 he probably thinks "hell no" for now.  LOL.

The thing about Chris is you can see how his interviews do reflect his opinions fairly consistently, he doesn't just cater to whoever is interviewing him and contradict himself.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2015, 7:10 pm

men are not like women. they don't have this "biological clock" issue. gay men especially - they can adopt children at any age. if you notice most married gay couples who have been featured in the news/photos tend to be at least middle aged. I don't see a lot of really young gay couples, at least not many of them.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/30/2015, 7:41 pm

I don't think young gays want so much to get married as have the option of marriage available like straights.

NGL I laugh at straight couples who IMO used the pretense of not getting married as political protest until marriage equality was available in all 50 states, LOL, what is going to be their excuse not to get married now?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/30/2015, 10:05 pm

^ there can always be other excuses, such as world peace. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/1/2015, 2:40 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/2/2015, 3:34 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Tumblr_nqvhvlqLKb1u88r6co1_500
@chriscolfer #TLOS4 @Target exclusive edition available for pre-order until 7/6! Use the code BOOKHUGGERS http://bit.ly/1FUYQHc

This exclusieve edition has another bonus chapter (The Bookhuggers) than the Barnes&Noble one (The Night Shift).

Chris will be on the Today Show on July the 8th. neutre
(10-11 a.m.) Chris Colfer on his book, The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms. John Colaneri and Anthony Carrino on Today. AARP’s Simple Ways to Save. Lilliana’s Luxe for Less.
http://headlineplanet.com/home/nbcs-today-show
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/2/2015, 6:01 pm

PHOTOSHOOT COMING SOON! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! panik

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Tumblr_nqvni8QhW81u88r6co1_500
teamid Artsy #BTS shot of @hrhchriscolfer for @Notofumag.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/2/2015, 9:58 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Tumblr_nqvhvlqLKb1u88r6co1_500
@chriscolfer #TLOS4 @Target exclusive edition available for pre-order until 7/6! Use the code BOOKHUGGERS http://bit.ly/1FUYQHc

This exclusieve edition has another bonus chapter (The Bookhuggers) than the Barnes&Noble one (The Night Shift).

Chris will be on the Today Show on July the 8th. neutre
(10-11 a.m.) Chris Colfer on his book, The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms. John Colaneri and Anthony Carrino on Today. AARP’s Simple Ways to Save. Lilliana’s Luxe for Less.
http://headlineplanet.com/home/nbcs-today-show

Wearing that hoodie and jockey looks like a teenager again, and those glassed add a nerdy look. I like it Smile and I'm glad a new photoshoot is coming soon.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2015, 11:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:PHOTOSHOOT COMING SOON! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! panik

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Tumblr_nqvni8QhW81u88r6co1_500

What's Notofumag? Also note Chris' pants... Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 7/2/2015, 11:26 pm

fantastica wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:PHOTOSHOOT COMING SOON! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! panik

What's Notofumag? Also note Chris' pants... Razz

No Tofu Magazine

NO TOFU is a beautiful, intelligent luxury magazine that celebrates the most groundbreaking talent in film, music, fashion and culture.

I hadn't heard of it either, but it doesn't look like a bad magazine to be in. Very artsy.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/2/2015, 11:37 pm

Thanks, I thought it was "Not Of U" and I can't find this mag at all. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 7/2/2015, 11:42 pm

fantastica wrote:Thanks, I thought it was "Not Of U" and I can't find this mag at all. Razz

I saw a couple of posts on Tumblr trying to decipher it as well Smile .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/3/2015, 5:04 am

^Lol, I thought it was "No Tofu Mag" at first, as in the food. Razz

(Or is that indeed the pun of the mag, and am I not getting it? unsure )

Last edited by Glorfindel on 7/3/2015, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/3/2015, 5:56 am

pulsd.com
Conversation With Chris Colfer - July 6th, 4:00-4:30PM

Glee fans unite! Best known as a star of the beloved television show, the very talented Chris Colfer is heading to the BUILD Series at AOL to talk about his book series, The Land Of Stories. He has just finished his fourth book in the series, which continues to follow the adventures of twins Alex & Conner as they travel through lands people by classic fairy tale characters. Don’t miss it!
(via ccn)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/5/2015, 9:43 am

It is going to a busy week this week for Chris. Smile

Last edited by ColferInspired on 7/5/2015, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/5/2015, 10:06 pm

Books: New and noteworthy
Look for new books by Brad Thor and Chris Colfer. USA TODAY's Jocelyn McClurg scopes out the hottest books on sale each week.
4. The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms by Chris Colfer (Little, Brown, fiction, on sale July 7) 
What it’s about: With help from the likes of Goldilocks, Red Riding Hood and Mother Goose, Alex and Conner Bailey pursue the “Masked Man.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2015/07/05/new-and-noteworthy/29466865/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-lifetopstories
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/5/2015, 11:25 pm

The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms press update.
Chris is scheduled to appear on Good Morning America, on 7th July 2015. 
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/6/2015, 11:58 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 3 Tumblr_nr2m68ANBb1u88r6co1_500
@chriscolfer Kicking off the #TLOS4 tour today with @AOLBUILD! Hope you can join us!

A question, for the mods perhaps?
Where are we going to post all Chris' interviews he's going to give this week? As he will mostly talk about TLoS4 it could be posted in the "TLoS4 Book Tour" thread, but as some of the interviews will be on television they could get their own thread in the "Chris on Television" section.And to make it more complicated we could also post everything in the "appreciation thread".

To prevent double or triple posting and commenting maybe it's best to coordinate this a bit? Shocked

Imo it would be best to:
- put the tv interviews in their seperate threads in the "Chris on Television" section, and then link those threads in the TLoS book tour thread and/or the appreciation thread.
- put the radio interviews either in the "appreciation thread" or the TLoS4 thread if it contains mostly TLoS spoilers.
- If he does a cc360 that should probably get his own thread too, in the
Chris News and General Discussions section, as that's where the other cc360 videos have their own threads too. Possible with links in the TLoS4 thread and/or the appreciation thread.

What do you gals think? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 7/6/2015, 1:31 pm

^good thinking. Or maybe even a TLOS4 Promo Thread, and everything (tv, web, articles) gets posted in there, perhaps with a growing master list in the first post of appearances. And the Book Tour thread is strictly pertaining to the signing tour.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/6/2015, 1:50 pm

I'm good with whatever you folks come up with.... I agree that we have an embarassment of riches (not complaining mind you) that Chris is popping up with activities that can blend into several threads.

Let the Chris deluge commence!!

bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/6/2015, 6:42 pm

mindschemez wrote:^good thinking. Or maybe even a TLOS4 Promo Thread, and everything (tv, web, articles) gets posted in there, perhaps with a growing master list in the first post of appearances. And the Book Tour thread is strictly pertaining to the signing tour.
Great idea. I just made a promo thread Arrow HEREbounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/6/2015, 6:53 pm

"I mean, I would absolutely love to, I’d love to and I’ve had many, many meetings and whatnot about doing it and I think I’m just kind of looking for the right thing. I really want to originate or create something new, whether in a new musical or a new play or a revival, just as long as it’s new. I can’t wait and yeah, there are things in the works but I gotta do it, it’s in my blood, I can’t not."
— Chris Colfer on making his Broadway debut (AOLBuild.com)

hola
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next