Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired on 8/8/2015, 10:54 pm

“I’ve been a fan of hers for years! I met her once, briefly, in a Marc Jacobs store. She told me I had pretty eyes, and I nearly died!”
— Chris Colfer on meeting Carrie Fisher [x] (via chriscolfernews)
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/9/2015, 12:09 am

In My Library: Chris Colfer
If you thought Chris Colfer misses being part of TV’s late hit, “Glee,” guess again. “It was an amazing experience but it was like putting on a new Broadway show every week,” says the actor who played Kurt. “A lot of shows have hiatuses but we never, ever got a break because we’d go on tour during the summer.” Besides, the 25-year-old says, he had other fish to fry: He’s just come out with “Beyond the Kingdoms,” the fourth book in his bestselling YA series, “The Land of Stories.” He’s also working with a dialect coach to prep for his role in an upcoming Noel Coward biopic co-starring Ian McKellen and Stephen Fry. Any “Glee” regrets? “I’d go back and get [guest star] Shirley MacLaine’s phone number if I could!” he says.
Here’s what’s in his library:

The Demonologist by Gerald Brittle
This chronicles the careers of Ed and Lorraine Warren, who were made famous recently by the film “The Conjuring.” I’ve always loved good ghost stories. This stuck with me because it’s told almost like a textbook — it doesn’t try to creep you out but the basic facts are creepy enough. Scary movies freak me out too much, but I love reading about this.
Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
I’ve been a fan of hers for years! I met her once, briefly, in a Marc Jacobs store. She told me I had pretty eyes, and I nearly died! I love this book. There are so many books by privileged people telling others how they live their lives. It takes a special person to say, “These are my flaws, and this is how I’m dealing with them.”
Intimacy Idiot by Isaac Oliver
I’m biased, because Isaac is a friend of mine, but he’s very funny and very honest about his life as a young gay man in New York City and his lack of intimacy. With all the social media, it’s become increasingly hard to have a human connection. I think anyone, gay or straight, who’s trying to hack his way through the dating world would enjoy this.
Naked by David Sedaris
I absolutely worship him — I’ve read most of his books. I have the audiobook of this with David reading it at Carnegie Hall. I love his view of his family and how he’s able to find the humor in everyone. I come from a huge extended family and every one of us is crazy, but our own unique kind of crazy.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 8/12/2015, 11:46 am

celebrationthtr join JANE LYNCH, CHRIS COLFER, SEAN HAYES and many more and support #CelebrationTheatre! check out the #INDIEGOGO link in our bio for an exclusive video from them to find out how you can support LGBT theater and Los Angeles HISTORY today! @janelynchofficial @hrhchriscolfer @theseanhayes are all huge fans – are you?
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 8/23/2015, 5:59 pm

Chris Colfer, and his Glee character Kurt Hummel, mentioned on BBC’s Holby City:
  Arrow link to ccn.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 8/23/2015, 6:43 pm

Wow don't you just love that! banzai hola

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/2/2015, 6:03 am

http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/news/clovis-to-honor-famous-residents

Chris is getting a banner that will be displayed at the Clovis Town Hall. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/2/2015, 6:55 pm

aside from chris i don't know any of these people on the banner. It's good for the student though to have real life successful people as their role models. young people need positive role models and inspirations. chris is a perfect one, not just for gays, but for all.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/3/2015, 4:18 pm

More about the banner:

Clovis to unveil banners featuring famous residents.

The banners will be displayed on the Old Town Trail, to the east of Clovis Avenue and north of Shaw Avenue, and feature successful residents who came from the community. The first five banners will feature:

• Franklin Antonio, co-founder and executive vice president of Qualcomm.
  • Chris Colfer, Golden Globe-winning and Emmy Award-nominated actor, author, screenwriter and producer.
  • Ken Curtis, actor and lead singer for the Tommy Dorsey Band and the Sons of the Pioneers.
  • Maria Echaveste, White House deputy chief of staff to president Bill Clinton.
  • Daryle Lamonica, NFL quarterback who led the Oakland Raiders to four straight Western Division titles and an American Football League championship.

“These banners are designed to continue telling the story of Clovis’ heritage as well as to inform the public on the huge number of people from Clovis who are incredibly talented and who have gone on to impact the world,” said Clovis Mayor Nathan Magsig.
The project was created by the Tourism Advisory Committee, which spent two years researching and creating a list of famous residents or Clovis Unified School District graduates. The Clovis City Council has approved a budget to continue adding five new banners each year and the committee is already working on the next group of banners to be displayed in 2016.
The city will host an unveiling ceremony at the northeast corner of Clovis and Shaw Avenues at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 3.
ccn

Short video of the banner introduction:  Arrow link.

Clovis CA - Events, Activities and Special Events

For those of you who missed the event, here are a few photos of the new banners that are located on the Heritage Walk portion of the Old Town Trail. We had a great turn-out and were honored the Daryle Lamonica and his wife came out. Daryle shared some funny stories about the Heidi Bowl (google it). We also were also joined by friends and family of Ken Curtis, Chris Colfer, Franklin Antonio, and Maria Echaveste. We are proud to have so many talented and gifted people who call Clovis “home”. [source]
via ccn

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/3/2015, 5:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:More about the banner:

Clovis to unveil banners featuring famous residents.

The banners will be displayed on the Old Town Trail, to the east of Clovis Avenue and north of Shaw Avenue, and feature successful residents who came from the community. The first five banners will feature:

• Franklin Antonio, co-founder and executive vice president of Qualcomm.
  • Chris Colfer, Golden Globe-winning and Emmy Award-nominated actor, author, screenwriter and producer.
  • Ken Curtis, actor and lead singer for the Tommy Dorsey Band and the Sons of the Pioneers.
  • Maria Echaveste, White House deputy chief of staff to president Bill Clinton.
  • Daryle Lamonica, NFL quarterback who led the Oakland Raiders to four straight Western Division titles and an American Football League championship.

“These banners are designed to continue telling the story of Clovis’ heritage as well as to inform the public on the huge number of people from Clovis who are incredibly talented and who have gone on to impact the world,” said Clovis Mayor Nathan Magsig.
The project was created by the Tourism Advisory Committee, which spent two years researching and creating a list of famous residents or Clovis Unified School District graduates. The Clovis City Council has approved a budget to continue adding five new banners each year and the committee is already working on the next group of banners to be displayed in 2016.
The city will host an unveiling ceremony at the northeast corner of Clovis and Shaw Avenues at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 3.
ccn

Short video of the banner introduction:  Arrow link.

Clovis CA - Events, Activities and Special Events

For those of you who missed the event, here are a few photos of the new banners that are located on the Heritage Walk portion of the Old Town Trail. We had a great turn-out and were honored the Daryle Lamonica and his wife came out. Daryle shared some funny stories about the Heidi Bowl (google it). We also were also joined by friends and family of Ken Curtis, Chris Colfer, Franklin Antonio, and Maria Echaveste. We are proud to have so many talented and gifted people who call Clovis “home”. [source]
via ccn
I bet his family were bursting with pride and yet at the same time I would of felt a bit disturbed! When you consider how he was treated there

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/3/2015, 5:52 pm

For a town of it's relative small size, I'm suprised by the list of successful folks to have hailed from there. Politics, sports, business, entertainment...

In their fields, including, Chris, it's very impressive.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/3/2015, 5:59 pm

And I wonder how many of them still live there?

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/3/2015, 8:54 pm

^ probably none? but likely still have family there? Some big city schools may have a lot more successful alumni (they also have a much larger student body to begin with) but it's a lot harder to stand out when so many end up being "successful". For Clovis High though you get to treated like royalty. Not complaining of course. I am proud of Chris too. Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/4/2015, 2:51 pm

@chriscolfer: I was so honored/touched by my hometown’s tribute today. Big thanks Clovis, especially for making my parents so happy!
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 9/4/2015, 3:21 pm

Buenos wrote:

@chriscolfer: I was so honored/touched by my hometown’s tribute today. Big thanks Clovis, especially for making my parents so happy!

And doesn't this show you just how little Chris is interested in having his ass kissed. More pleased that his parents are happy over him being recognized than for himself. That really says something.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/4/2015, 4:47 pm

I dunno, I take Chris at face value that he was "honored and touched" to be given that recognition by his home town.

Considering that his parents still live in Clovis, I think it's so cool that they can literally drive by every day where his banner is hung. Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/4/2015, 4:52 pm

LOL I wouldn't call "being proud of our famous/successful alumni" ass kissing. Razz When my parents or kids are proud of me, they are no way kissing my ass. kissing my cheeks yes, but they are my family anyway. neutre
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 9/4/2015, 6:02 pm

I can imagine his parents being very proud, seeing their son on a banner in their hometown.
And Chris must be proud too, even though he also must have mixed feelings, but maybe not so much of his hometown but mostly of his middle and high school.

Btw, I remember the other actor who got a banner, Ken Curtis, from Gunsmoke (yup, my age is reaaaally showing here, lol).
And he was a very good singer too! (link to him singing: youtube)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/4/2015, 7:01 pm

success is the best revenge! Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 9/4/2015, 8:26 pm

Saw the banner on Chris's instagram, and at first I was surprised Clovis were doing this, by one side is nice his hometown is honoring him, but by other side I remember how much he suffered in that town; I know you have said was only in high school, but if I recall he mentioned the town itself was conservative. But, yeah, as Kim said success is the best revenge Smile

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 9/4/2015, 8:41 pm

There was an interview that Chris gave within the last year where he said, IIRC, that in essence things and attitudes were changing , even in his hometown of Clovis.

For kids in Clovis, seeing Chris' banner every day would be a huge inspiration to them. His family must be so, so proud.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 9/9/2015, 9:22 am

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/chris-colfer-s-land-stories-heading-big-screen

You might only know Chris Colfer from his time playing Kurt Hummel on Glee. The actor and singer is also an accomplished writer though. His script for Struck by Lightning actually already made it to feature length film status with Sarah Hyland and Rebel Wilson. Now, he’s ready to turn his children’s series into a film as well.
With four books so far, Colfer’s Land of Stories follows siblings and twins Alex and Connor as they are transported to a land made up of the fairy tale characters they know and love, but where there’s a slight twist. In the first novel, The Wishing Spell, the two discover that the stories aren’t exactly as they know them as Goldilocks is a fugitive and Red Riding Hood is running her own kingdom. The duo have to navigate the land and outsmart the Evil Queen. A fifth installment is set to land in October.

Warner Brothers was rumored to be interested in bringing the story to the big screen, but it appears the studio decided to pass on the project, so a representative for Colfer is discussing options with other studios according to Tracking Board, who broke the news. The books have been compared to the likes of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson due to their fantastical nature and their adventuring storylines so we can’t imagine a studio won’t be interested in picking the stories up.

When Colfer’s Struck By Lightning went in front of the cameras, not only had he penned the script, but he also starred in the film and acted as executive producer. While appearing on Glee, he also got to write an episode, so it’s likely that when The Land of Stories gets picked up, he’ll have some measure of creative control as well.

We’ll keep you posted when we know more about The Land of Stories and its move to the screen. Colfer also has other projects in the works - he’s set to star in the Noel Coward biopic that’s in pre-production and he’s also developing a television show for the Disney Channel.

- See more at: http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/chris-colfer-s-land-stories-heading-big-screen#sthash.5ebCfJTz.dpuf
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/9/2015, 12:47 pm

A fifth installment is set to land in October.

What? 5th book THIS october? that's NEXT FRIGGIN' MONTH! panik

since the 4th book is more like "part 1" of a complete story it makes sense to release "part 2" asap. However I haven't read the official announcement on the release of book 5. Did I miss something or mis-read something?
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/9/2015, 4:34 pm

fantastica wrote:
A fifth installment is set to land in October.

What? 5th book THIS october? that's NEXT FRIGGIN' MONTH! panik

since the 4th book is more like "part 1" of a complete story it makes sense to release "part 2" asap. However I haven't read the official announcement on the release of book 5. Did I miss something or mis-read something?

I think that's a mistake by the reporter, the curvy tree is set for release in October , so I think the writer was confused (they never take SBL into account so technically the curvy tree would be the 5th book and as it's related to the series I think that's were the mistake arose

Last edited by Kurt addict on 9/9/2015, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add name of book)

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 9/9/2015, 7:01 pm

^ nooooooooooooo! you just poured ice water over my steamy hot head! arghh
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 9/10/2015, 2:10 am

Sorry I could be wrong blushh

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top