TLoS4: Beyond the Kingdoms - Promo Thread

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TLoS4: Beyond the Kingdoms - Promo Thread

Post  mindschemez on 7/15/2015, 12:06 pm

Really love all this press. And those buzz feed photos are amazing! He looks great.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/15/2015, 5:00 pm

Chris Colfer's new book lands in top 10

Jocelyn McClurg, USA TODAY 12:35 p.m. EDT July 15, 2015

(Photo: John Lamparski, WireImage)

Here's a look at what's new on USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list…

King of 'Kingdoms':
Chris Colfer has plenty to be gleeful about when it comes to his writing career. His The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms (Little, Brown) lands at No. 10, his highest debut. (The full list will publish on Thursday.)

Beyond the Kingdoms is the fourth book in a series for young readers about twins who have magical encounters with the fairy-tale characters they've read about. In the new book, Alex and Conner Bailey pursue a "Masked Man" with help from Goldilocks, Red Riding Hood and Mother Goose.

The series' previous peak was No. 29 with book three, A Grimm Warning, last summer.
Colfer, 25, who played Kurt Hummel on Glee, is on a multi-city book tour that ends July 18 in Los Angeles. In a recent interview with the Phoenix New Times, he said, "I did nothing but watch TV and movies when I was a kid, and I think it's really what made me a good storyteller."

"The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms," by Chris Colfer.
(Photo: Little, Brown)

He has a busy fall ahead as a storyteller, too. The Curvy Tree, a debut picture book, arrives on Oct. 27 from Little, Brown. It's based on an original fairy tale of the same name from The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell.

And on Nov. 24, Adventures from the Land of Stories Boxed Set: The Mother Goose Diaries and Queen Red Riding Hood's Guide to Royalty will be published, containing two new books.
usatoday

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 7/15/2015, 5:19 pm

Whoaaaaaa that's insane!!!

And USA Today is all genres right? Congrats to Chris! A new career high, welllll above his previous peak.

hola

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/15/2015, 5:27 pm

he's doing better year after year!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/15/2015, 6:15 pm

^We fangirl for a good one! Smile
Every time I think I can't get any prouder of his achievements, Chris does even better.

@chriscolfer Which Fairy Tale Land Do You Belong In? Check out my @BuzzFeed quiz! I got Atlantis! QUIZ
Chris made a TLoS quiz for Buzzfeed:  Arrow LINK.

Take the Quiz: Which Fairy Tale Land Do You Belong In?
x

x

(I got the Enchanted Forest.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/15/2015, 11:02 pm

I got Wonderland.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 7/16/2015, 2:28 pm

Haha Chris must have had so much fun coming up with the quiz with the Buzzfeed folks, but I don't really get how these quizzes work...anyway, I got Neverland.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/16/2015, 7:20 pm

I don't know if this has been posted, but Chris is also going to be on the Talk on Monday Smile

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/16/2015, 11:36 pm

Have done the buzzfeed quiz and got this

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/17/2015, 2:25 pm

brisallie wrote:Have done the buzzfeed quiz and got this

Brisallie, when I see that Gif I can't help think that Chris comes from the "Land of Gym".  That boy has a body for sin.  phr34r
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/17/2015, 4:03 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:Have done the buzzfeed quiz and got this

Brisallie, when I see that Gif I can't help think that Chris comes from the "Land of Gym".  That boy has a body for sin.  phr34r

Hahaha You know while I was scrolling through the quiz I thought "wow Chris looks very good". Well, didn't he said he was asked to not do so much exercise because of Noel? Yeah the boy is working out.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/18/2015, 4:17 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/19/2015, 2:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:

WHAT? Chris and Adam will be in the same tv show? Can't wait for that Smile

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/19/2015, 6:36 am

Chris Colfer ‘Glee’-fully writes new book

Chris Colfer struggled to find the time to write his first book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell.” Most of his days and nights were spent working on the FOX series, “Glee.”
He had a lot more time to work on his latest book, “The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms” as the final season of “Glee” wrapped up in March.

Generally, actors working on major projects have some free time as they wait for the crew to prepare for the next scene. “Glee” was different. The actors had to juggle the regular demands of acting with work on choreography and recording music. Toss in constant attention from the media and a tour and free time was a premium.

“ ‘Glee’ was a tough show to do. It will be regarded as having the hardest working cast in television. It was a miracle what we accomplished compared to industry standards,” Colfer says in an interview four months after the series finale. He was hesitant to talk to the press right after the show went off the air.

The Clovis East graduate was on the network series about a spunky high school glee club for seven years and became one of the the biggest break-out members of the cast. He won a Golden Globe in 2011 and was nominated for two Primetime Emmy Awards. Colfer won three People’s Choice Awards as Favorite Comedic TV Actor.

Colfer loved the series, and he knows he wouldn’t be doing interviews to talk about his latest book if it hadn’t been for “Glee.” But, after seven years, he was ready for the show to end. Now, he can concentrate on other projects, such as his continued work as an author.

It helps that the writing has gotten easier for Colfer with each book. In his fourth offering in the series, twins Connor and Alex face new adventures that reveal secrets from their past. Their journey takes them into some of the best known lands from literature — Sherwood Forest, Neverland, etc. — as they meet the likes of Robin Hood and Peter Pan. There’s even a touch of “Oz” magic.

Having his characters meet those from “Peter Pan” and “The Wizard of Oz” are obvious choices for Colfer, who has always been a big fan of the stories. He used those books as inspiration for his first books, and now he’s blended his love and his work together.

When “Glee” was still in production, Colfer would work on his book on the weekend or any of the rare spare moments he had on set. He calls it good fortune that just as he was wrapping his first book, there was an episode of “Glee” in which he wasn’t featured. That gave him a little more time.

Today, with the extra time, Colfer usually writes in the late, late hours. It’s nothing for him to work until sunrise.

“I love to write at night. I’m a huge night owl and never been a morning person. I have never not finished a book until after 6 a.m.,” Colfer says. His tradition is to watch the sunrise when he finishes a book.

Colfer loves to write because his books give him the chance to create something that is 100% his vision. On other projects, such as working on the TV series or making a movie, Colfer knows that the director has final control over the product.

Having his writing reflect so much of him makes Colfer more excited that the series as been so enthusiastically embraced. His first book debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times children’s chapter books best seller’s list ahead of “Insurgent” and “The Fault in Our Stars.” He gets letters from teachers and librarians who tell him how much his books are being used in classrooms.

He’s also very happy he had the writing to keep him busy as “Glee” was coming to an end. Making the weekly show was draining.

Colfer’s proud of what he and the “Glee” cast accomplished during the making of the 122 episodes.

“ ‘Glee’ launched me in so may directions,” Colfer says. “I am so thankful for that and aware of what it did for me. Season one and two seemed to help so many people who were dealing with things in their own lives that my character was facing. I think that was the best part of ‘Glee.’”

He continues to hear from people who are certain that the story line about Kurt’s same-sex wedding had a big influence on the recent Supreme Court decision on the matter.

This kind of talk has added to the struggle Colfer has had looking at future projects. He feels very spoiled at what he was able to do during the run of “Glee” and wants to find the same kind of soul and benefits in future projects.

It will take a special project to get Colfer to return to television because the schedule is so difficult. He’s going to take a little break before his next project, a film based on the life of Noel Coward.

Colfer had already made a move to feature films while doing “Glee,” starring in the film version of his book, “Struck By Lightning.” He also wrote the screenplay.

Dermot Mulroney, who played Colfer’s father in “Struck By Lightning,” was impressed by Colfer as soon as he read the script.

“He was about 20 when he wrote it,” Mulroney says. “It was an amazing accomplishment for someone that age and the main reason I wanted to be part of the cast.”

As for any souvenirs he kept from the show, he kept some of the clothes Kurt wore, including the sweater he had on when he sang “Defying Gravity” from “Wicked.”

Just like his new book, Colfer keeps coming back to his love for “The Wizard of Oz.”
fresno bee via ccn

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2015, 11:15 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2015, 4:09 pm

BTS of The Talk:

juliechen: I adore @chriscolfer and I adore his amazing #book series #TheLandofStories … you & your kids will love it! #TLOS4

thetalk_cbs: You’re welcome America (& THE WORLD:) @ChrisColfer + @AdamLambert

“We [he and Adam] did a scene where I think we were on a stripper pole together—that was a lot of fun—which wasn’t the first time I think we’ve been on a stripper pole together.”

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2015, 6:13 pm

Two videos of Chris with Adam  aa54 Lambert:

- The Talk DREAM MONDAY! Chris Colfer & Adam Lambert stuck around after The Talk today to answer some of your questions…  Be sure to check out Chris’ #1 The New York Times Best-Selling series #TheLandofStories & pick up Adam’s new album #TheOriginalHigh!  Arrow LINK TO CCN.

- The Talk EXCLUSIVE: And here’s what would happen if Glee characters Kurt Hummel (aka Chris Colfer) & Elliott “Starchild” Gilbert (aka Adam Lambert) reunited to perform on The Talk stage…  Arrow LINK TO CCN.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 7/21/2015, 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added youtube videos)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 7/20/2015, 6:44 pm

Stopppppp. This makes me mad at the lack of kelliot!!! Love these!

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 7/20/2015, 6:51 pm

They are so relaxed together,they are definitely friends. And I have to say chris looks very fresh and bright, so I think it was more exhaustion then drink in those photos

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2015, 7:22 pm

x ptdr 

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2015, 7:52 pm

lambertgifs:
x/x

Chris and Adam have great chemistry together, and they clearly are very fond of and comfortable around one another. wub

x

Friends. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/21/2015, 1:14 am

Seeing these two together put a smile on my face Smile and remind me how much potential had kelliot

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 7/21/2015, 12:13 pm

These two are so fun together, and so comfortable with each other. Would love to see them do something like this again!
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/21/2015, 1:56 pm

The easy banter between Chris and Adam was so nice to see, and the playful innuendo with the song choices was hilarious.  It was obvious they were killing each other with their comments.

Last edited by Buenos on 7/21/2015, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/21/2015, 2:55 pm

http://www.thebacklot.com/system-overload-adam-lambert-and-chris-colfer-on-the-talk/07/2015/

Can’t. Process. Too. Much. Fabulous. System shorting out.

Adam Lambert and Chris Colfer reunited for the first time since Glee, both appearing on yesterday’s episode of the CBS gabfest The Talk, and were as charming as you’d expect.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top