General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 3/21/2015, 11:09 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Wonder if there is a Chris solo version of Popular somewhere? *makes grabby hands*
No, unfortunately I don't think so, because Chris sang 2nd voice harmonies for the most part on 'Popular', and not the lead voice, so they wouldn't have a recording of that. :(

I'm still hoping they'll release the full version of 'Mr. Cellophane', if it even was recorded back then, as they sang the auditions live when filming the Pilot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/21/2015, 11:43 pm

x

x

If these are the final layouts for the dvd's, then just notice how there aren't any season 4 noobs on the complete series dvd cover (even though they were the biggest parts of season 4 and half of season 5), and that there are no new ND kids on the season 6 dvd cover either.
Lol Glee. moque

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/22/2015, 12:23 am

they dropped Chord too? he should be there. maybe he appears on the side of the box.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 3/22/2015, 12:28 am

Glorfindel wrote:

x

They made Kurt shorter than Blarren Rolling Eyes Sheesh. I know they needed to put Kurt in the front, because of his importance, but give it a rest already. Darren is fricken' short!
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/22/2015, 1:25 am

Its photoshopped. Lea should be a lot shorter than Chris but she is darren-height in the composition.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/22/2015, 2:34 am

Glorfindel wrote:^I am so happy we got this now. wub wub wub

He sounds amazing. Chris has grown so much over the years, not just his body but his voice as well. 

rooots

-ETA-
And here's a download link! neutre
-ETA2-
Just 'right click' on the audio bar and save the link: it will magically be saved as an mp3.

Thanks. And sorry I'm not original with my words but this is Beautiful Smile oh forgot how lovely is his higher voice. 

As for the DVD covers,I think is an smart choice to not include noobs 1.0 and 2.0 (though I like the latter) as most of people dont know who they are.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 3/22/2015, 4:10 am

fantastica wrote:Its photoshopped. Lea should be a lot shorter than Chris but she is darren-height in the composition.

That was so funny in Popular number as well. Even though Chris was bigger in For Good and Witch Is Dead numbers, there was no way of hiding his current size standing next to, and behind tiny Lea.

Lea would look very tiny if they hadn't photoshopped her taller in the covers here,  and lots of previous one's they've done all over the year.  Darren however is not that significantly shorter that it would harm the balance of the photo, but Fox's crappy Photoshoppers, (and based on their previous work I could have gone with abysmal) just have to make him a little bit taller, not even the same height.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/22/2015, 4:13 am

The Gleek Reunion I am getting that Darren took it over. dryy
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 3/22/2015, 6:46 am

Divalicious wrote:It has always been my feeling that the only thing really remembered about Glee in 10 years, other than it's absolute self-destruction by showrunners who ceased to give a crap, is the ever wonderful Kurt Hummel.  No matter how much they tried to ignore him the past few seasons, and give all the stories or at least scenes to others, Kurt and Chris are what stands out.

Seconded. I couldn't have said this better myself.

Glorfindel wrote:^I am so happy we got this now. wub wub wub

He sounds amazing. Chris has grown so much over the years, not just his body but his voice as well. 

I am so glad that they've recorded a Kurt solo version of "defying gravity" from that 100 episode wub . His voice is beautiful, and he pulls off the high notes without any hint of strain (that I can detect) now.

I shall miss his singing voice once Glee is over.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/22/2015, 7:30 am

fantastica wrote:they dropped Chord too? he should be there. maybe he appears on the side of the box.
Lol, yes, they dropped Chord in the season 6 cover (he's not on the side either: Chris, Jane, Lea and Matt are).
So much for the epic Samcedes romance. moque

bayth wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

x

They made Kurt shorter than Blarren
Rolling Eyes Sheesh. I know they needed to put Kurt in the front, because of his importance, but give it a rest already. Darren is fricken' short!
Noticed that too. They just can't get over that growth spurt Chris/Kurt had which made him visibly taller than his alpha gay 'man'.
Ryan must have been personally offended by that: it's much harder to make unworthy milkmaid Kurt fawn all over his acapella dreamboat when physically Chris quickly surpassed Darren on all counts after Mother Nature finally started paying attention to him. Laughing

On the up side (lol, no pun intended), this will be the last time Glee had the chance to make Kurt smaller than Blaine: from now on there will be no more new Klaine!

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/23/2015, 7:48 am

kind of OT, but given that it somewhat features grant gustin, this was a birthday present from one of my friends. kind of appropriate. Smile

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2015, 7:57 am

tanita_mors wrote:kind of OT, but given that it somewhat features grant gustin, this was a birthday present from one of my friends. kind of appropriate. Smile

One my favourite shows. Smile

That is a lovely shirt.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/23/2015, 9:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:
bayth wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

x

They made Kurt shorter than Blarren
Rolling Eyes Sheesh. I know they needed to put Kurt in the front, because of his importance, but give it a rest already. Darren is fricken' short!
Noticed that too. They just can't get over that growth spurt Chris/Kurt had which made him visibly taller than his alpha gay 'man'.
Ryan must have been personally offended by that: it's much harder to make unworthy milkmaid Kurt fawn all over his acapella dreamboat when physically Chris quickly surpassed Darren on all counts after Mother Nature finally started paying attention to him. Laughing

On the up side (lol, no pun intended), this will be the last time Glee had the chance to make Kurt smaller than Blaine: from now on there will be no more new Klaine!

The proportions of the whole thing is a mess. In what universe is Lea anywhere nearly as tall as Chris? Or Amber? Chris towers over both of them.

It's just a poorly put together photoshop collage. I'm not reading anything more into it than the fact that the guy who did it was a bargain basement graphics design artist.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/28/2015, 9:48 am

Romy Rosemont was on Grimm this week as a rabbit type creature.

Ollie is rumoured to be appearing on the show in a later episode. neutre 

Both Chris's friends and family. wub
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/30/2015, 2:49 pm

In hindsight Brittanna probably benefited from their being designed to be a minor SL to begin with.  Whether 13, 20 or 22 episodes, I'm convinced RIB had planned to have Brittanna have all along what we saw onscreen.  No more, no less.  So it was easy to give them the 2/3 episode focus.

Whereas all the other major storylines, Rachel's redemption, the New New Directions, Blaine at Dalton/Karfosky, Klaine breakup and marriage, Samchel, etc, all those things were set up and chewed out before the writers gave up and just rushed everything including making the season practically nothing but filler episodes.For example, why drag out Blainofsky for 7 episodes just to marry Klaine off in Episode 8, it's almost  like they had the blueprint for 22 episodes and hadn't scaled down when they started the season.   Ryan moved on and had the others try to squeeze in his vision.  It certainly seems as if Blaine, for example, was set up for a lot more than what he actually got for  the season.

Beside the godawful writing that would have torpedoed whatever they did, IMO two more  things screwed them up ; obviously thinking they were going to get 22 episodes and in typical Ryan fashion, when he realized he wasn't going to get them, but only 13, refusing to whittle down what he was setting up ambitiously.
Second,  Chris with his planned movie in the fall.  I can't help but think they had already factored him gone for the first part of a 22 episode season before FOX balked and cut their order.  (We'll never know if FOX/Glee rescinded their permission to  Chris  planned fall filming of the Noel movie or not, or if the British indie company realized they needed more time for planning/finance on their own) .  It just seems that Kurt back in McKinley screwed certain things up for them, and Rachel/Blaine had loomed as more co lead characters from 6.01.  Or else like the hacks they are they didn't realize exiling  Blaine to Dalton was too much of  a SL blunder to correct.

What is apparent is they had zero interest in Quinn, Puck, Artie, Mercedes, Tina for this last season and had nothing planned for them.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/4/2015, 7:38 pm

Glee, Season 6: "For Your Consideration" Episodes for the Emmy awards:

• "Loser Like Me"
  • "Homecoming"
  • "The Hurt Locker, Part One"
  • "The Hurt Locker, Part Two"

x
So that's the first 2 episodes, which most fans thought were rather good (before the rest of the season went to shit), and 2 very Sue heavy episodes (Emmy bait for Jane Lynch?).

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 4/4/2015, 8:21 pm

^It's sweet/sad that they keep trying.
They have nothing to lose by submitting these episodes but getting Glee to be noticed by the Emmys again is a long shot, especially judging by the performance of S6.
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 4/5/2015, 4:53 pm

i'm surprised that 2009 isn't on that list ???? while the final was considered weak, the penultimate episode got rather great reviews.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/7/2015, 5:49 am

Glee Season 3 Promotional Photo [UHQ]

There are new stills they have been releasing with Kurt in them from Season 5, and other Seasons.

Not that I mind. neutre 

If they could release Fergalicious I am sure a lot of people (including me) would be really happy. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/13/2015, 9:37 am

Kevin McHale on Glee end: 'Casting directors gave up on the Glee cast'

Kevin McHale has admitted that the Glee cast missed out on opportunities outside the show because of its hectic schedule.
The actor - who hosts E4’s panel show Virtually Famous - told Digital Spy that casting directors began to realize that there was no chance of hiring any of the cast.

Speaking about the end of Glee, McHale said: “I would love to do more television. But we’ll see. This will be the first time I’ve had any free time in the past six years, so it’s terrifying and exciting all at the same time. I got to do a film last year and I really enjoyed doing that.

“It was a weird thing too because our schedules were so tough that people knew they couldn’t hire us for six years. When a show becomes successful people want to hire the people on the show for other things, and we would all try to do other things but we could never end up doing them so casting directors were just like, ‘Enough of them! Don’t touch the Glee kids because you can’t use them!’ So now it’s like we’re going back out in the real world like, ‘Hi! We’re all available now!’”
McHale explained that he hadn’t missed out on any huge opportunities, saying: “I realized pretty early on that I just wouldn’t pursue things so I wouldn’t get there. There were a couple of things that weren’t make or break that if I did it, it would be the most amazing thing. But for other people I think there were a couple of things that would have been great that they couldn’t end up doing.”

However, he added that he had a tough time working on the movie Boychoir while filming Glee.
“I was flying between the East Coast and West Coast, doing Glee from the plane to the Glee set, and then from the Glee set to the plane,” he said. “It was nuts. It was a crazy thing because I came out here to do the pilot for Virtually Famous, and went back for a night to do one scene for Glee, and then I flew out the next day to New Jersey and was in New Jersey for 36 hours – I met Dustin Hoffman to work on this film I was doing. I was like, 'What the hell’s going on?’
"And then I flew back to do Glee for a week, and then I went back to Connecticut to do this movie but then on the weekends I’d go back to Glee. It was really bad. In classic Glee form it was like, 'I’m going to be gone’, so then they wrote the biggest storyline I had all season.”

He went on: “I remember just getting back to Glee and I had been up over 24 hours and at night I had done a scene with Kathy Bates, Eddie Izzard and Dustin Hoffman in Connecticut, outside in the freezing cold, then got on a plane and flew to LA and had to do this weird STD storyline on Glee, and I’m sitting there at midnight dressed in this STD costume and I was like, 'My brain is fried!’
"One of the PAs, I was like, 'What’s my line?’ And he would say my line because my brain was just gone, I was completely fried. The girl who was on the episode, who was a guest star, she would look at me and go, 'It’s so hard for me to say my line looking at you in this costume’. And then I would lose it. If I cracked, I was never going to get it. I was chugging coffee and Diet Coke. The caffeine wasn’t working any more because I was so beyond. It was crazy.”

But McHale admitted that the end of Glee feels “weird”, saying: “I think in terms of the show itself, it’s time for it to end. I think we had a really good run and we did our thing and said what we needed to say on the show, but the sad bit is just not seeing everyone every day. And not having steady employment!
"It’s the routine of it – of getting up every morning to go into the studio, to shoot, and it was the small things you don’t see on TV. I really loved the studio we were filming in, Paramount in Hollywood. It’s this beautiful lot, and you become friends with all the security guards. It’s like when someone goes to university and that whole vibe of being there, it’s all gone. And the sets are being destroyed now.”
He added: “When we did the last scene, we were sitting in the choir room. As much as we hated that room a lot of the time because we were always in there and those scenes would take forever and I had spent more of my life in that room than anywhere else in the past six years, it is sad. It’s all going to be gone. It is weird that it all just gets crushed and thrown away. It’s something that has represented something for people watching and for all of us. And it’s just gone.”
“It’s also one of those things where seeing people ten or 25 years down the line, and then looking back at how they were playing high-schoolers, it’s this weird thing. Unless you’re in Saved By The Bell, because those people don’t age! If It made sense for some reason, then I’m sure we would. But it would have to make sense. It would be stupid to do it just to do it, if there’s no need to do it. Glee: The Reunion Tour! It’s like Cher. One last tour! And then another! Just holding on…”
x

Reading between the lines here I think that Chris was one of the actors who got plenty of offers to do some other short term projects while on Glee, but the crazy Glee schedule just wouldn't let him. Not because they couldn't miss an actor for a week or so for i.e. a guest star stint in another show, but because Glee's filming schedule always was handled so randomly and unorganized, as the actors sometimes worked many days in a row and then at other times were free for days, but they never knew when that happened or when they could be called to set at the last minute.
A lot of that blame lies with the writers, who finished scripts only at the last minute, and then changed them during the filming of the episode, or even had random 'obsessions' with songs or guest stars that had to be worked in. No wonder the filming schedule was a mess.

And except for when Darren did his 3 weeks H2$ Broadway stint in season 2 and when Cory filmed his movies during the summer at the beginning of season 4 (although they probably weren't interested in much Finn or Finchel in those first season 4 episodes anyway) I don't think RIB ever accomodated any actors so they could do outside projects. That's probably a big part of the reason why Dianna wanted out of the regular's contract after the 3rd season.

We know Matt initially had to give up 'Finding Neverland' because of Glee (after Cory died), and we know that Chris filmed all night at the ice rink for the Klaine duet when he had a  tv interview early the morning after. Chris had to work his book tours and promotion around his Glee schedule (even though Glee profitted too from the free publicity and tv interviews), doing his book signings and audiobook recordings in the weekends. His first 'Hot in Cleveland' episode was filmed after Glee had wrapped for the season.
It's also possible that Chris had to postpone 'Noel' when season 6 only got 13 episodes and they couldn't miss Kurt for a few episodes (although they did very little with Kurt). And how disrespectful is it that Artie was basically reduced to being nothing more than a prop in the choir room for 2 seasons, but the moment Kevin committed to film a movie suddenly Artie was needed in New York (at the end of season 5) and Kevin had to work his ass off doing 3 projects at the same time.

It's very likely several of the actors on Glee had to constantly decline offers because RIB simply never wanted to be bothered to work around these opportunities (when most show producers do often accomodate their cast so they can do little outside projects). Except for Darren of course, who not only got his 1 1/2 episode absence in season 3 explained in the show (even made an important plotline) when other characters sometimes disappeared for whole episodes without explanation, and it was also okay for him to be absent at the season 5 photoshoot when he was still doing his 'sold out'(lol) solo tour.

But lol, I don't think Kevin is very excited about a Glee reunion/movie/concert anytime soon either. moque

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/13/2015, 10:21 am

What was also so problematic for the Glee cast was even their hiatuses were often booked up by Glee. Especially the years when they were doing the live tours. The main cast (with the exceptions of Jane and Matt) literally got no time off during those years. It's actually amazing that Chris was able to get as much done as he did (with multiple writing projects) without having any time to that wasn't monopolized by Glee.

And it's rather unfortunate that with most the cast being as young as they were and most doing their first TV jobs that they likely didn't feel that they could protest the grind that they were put under. I'm sure that they had a blast doing the tour, but to have it on top of all the time devoted to filming Glee (including the rehearsal and recording time required), it was too much to sustain over the long term and it's not a surprise that the cast as a whole was feeling burned out by the end of season three.

Likewise, it's no surprise that at least some of the cast had to pass on lucrative projects because they just couldn't get any real time off (or even when they weren't in production) to do anything. Chris had spoken before about being offered Broadway roles but not being able to really consider them because there was just no way that Glee was going to release him for several months (and he wasn't interested in doing a three week run the way Darren did).

And it does seem like the show went out of its way to fuck with the cast to keep them from being able to take advantage of opportunities that were being offered. Like they wanted the cast to be forever beholden to RIB for making them stars. Maybe that's why Chris got so badly shit on the last few seasons - he found a way to find great success outside Glee and got to a point were he became as well known for his own projects and he is for Glee. RIB never forgave him for that.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/13/2015, 10:24 am

Chris did get to film SBL which he was doing meetings for over the phone while doing his first TLOS book and the Glee Live Tour. 

He had to wait until the Glee Tour finished before he could start filming the movie.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/13/2015, 10:38 am

We've been waiting for the tell-all since much of the cast apparently does have a serious ax to grind with RIB but I think that we're starting to get a better picture of just how much discontent there really want BTS. I suppose that I shouldn't be too surprised that Kevin is one of those starting to speak out (very carefully) since he's been dropping shade for some time.

It's probably been especially frustrating to the actors like Chris, Jenna, Kevin and Matt, who were really underutilized (starting in season 4) but because they were committed to Glee couldn't take advantage of projects being offered to them. Now that Glee is over (and the last few seasons were such a waste for most of them), it's heartbreaking to think of the opportunities that they missed out on because they were needed to sit around a set and do little more that support Lea and Darren.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/13/2015, 10:58 am

Grant and Max were lucky they weren't regulars because they have gotten a lot of opportunities that they were able to take.

Chris was offered lots of roles during Season 1 that were nothing like Kurt, so I love that there must of been plenty of producers and directors that probably wanted to challenge him and see what else he could do.

The Glee cast back then were the hardest working young cast on any show. They would work 18 a days, got not much sleep, as they had to promote the show as well with countless interviews and appearances at malls and such.

Of course they were in demand, because they showed commitment, hard work and loyalty. Plus, incredible talent.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/13/2015, 11:54 am

Ranwing wrote:What was also so problematic for the Glee cast was even their hiatuses were often booked up by Glee. Especially the years when they were doing the live tours. The main cast (with the exceptions of Jane and Matt) literally got no time off during those years. It's actually amazing that Chris was able to get as much done as he did (with multiple writing projects) without having any time to that wasn't monopolized by Glee.
After I made my previous post and closed my laptop to go do household chores I also thought of the cast getting barely any vacation time during the summer hiatus either, let alone be able to do another (movie) project in those months. Especially in the early years. In 2009 they did the mall tour and went to Australia, in 2010 they did the first live tour, and in 20111 the 2nd.
When they wrapped the filming of Glee in 2011 the cast had IIRC 2 days off, then had only a few days to rehearse the tour concert and off they were for 6 weeks. No wonder most of them got sick and were dropping like flies in those last weeks in Great Britain.

Fox and RIB worked the young cast like dogs. dryy

And it does seem like the show went out of its way to fuck with the cast to keep them from being able to take advantage of opportunities that were being offered. Like they wanted the cast to be forever beholden to RIB for making them stars. Maybe that's why Chris got so badly shit on the last few seasons - he found a way to find great success outside Glee and got to a point were he became as well known for his own projects and he is for Glee. RIB never forgave him for that.
banzai This.
Chris was in Ryan's favor when he was thanking him for his Golden Globe, but as soon as he made 'Struck By Lightning' without any help from RIB (and which happened to coincide with Chris getting nominated for an Emmy when Lea wasnt, and then Graduationgate) that love quickly died. The season 3 of Kurt doom (as Rachel won it all) started right after.

On top of SBL and Chris' continuing awards success the first TLoS book was released in July 2012 and Chris also became a NY Times bestselling author. Of course there were other reasons too why Kurt got sidelined so much in season 4, but RIB never really used Chris anymore the way they should a popular, awards winning actor.
I've always suspected some jealousy from RIB behind that: jealousy because Chris became succesful outside of Glee and especially without RIB's help (and in their own fields of writing and producing too), and also jealousy because Chris was Glee's big breakout star who got the acclaim, nominations and popularity, while the intended stars Lea, Cory and later Darren were not (so much).

ColferInspired wrote:Chris did get to film SBL which he was doing meetings for over the phone while doing his first TLOS book and the Glee Live Tour. 

He had to wait until the Glee Tour finished before he could start filming the movie.
And he filmed SBL in 3-4 weeks, which is crazy, even for an indie movie.
Chris flew from London (where the live tour ended) to L.A. right after the last concert and went literally straight from the airport to the SBL set to work, jetlag and all. He had no vacation days at all that year, because he wrapped SBL the day before he needed to be back on the Glee set.

If you think about all the things he had going on at the same time then: the Glee live tour, writing TLoS1, writing, producing and acting in SBL.......... when did he sleep? ohmy

Ranwing wrote:We've been waiting for the tell-all since much of the cast apparently does have a serious ax to grind with RIB but I think that we're starting to get a better picture of just how much discontent there really want BTS. I suppose that I shouldn't be too surprised that Kevin is one of those starting to speak out (very carefully) since he's been dropping shade for some time.
At this rate we don't even need a tell-all book anymore, as more and more Glee cast members are throwing shade now the show is over. Matt, Jane, Chris, Kevin, Naya, even Darren has complained that he just did what was asked of him even when he had his doubts about what they made Blaine do (like singing live in 'Suddenly Seymour') while other actors spoke up and protested more.

What I would like is a tell-all book from one of the crew, with all the ins and outs of the BTS shenanigans. I think a crew member would be more objective, or at least have a more general objective view of what was going on, as the cast members were probably more focused on their own storylines and how whatever happened BTS effected their characters.

It's probably been especially frustrating to the actors like Chris, Jenna, Kevin and Matt, who were really underutilized (starting in season 4) but because they were committed to Glee couldn't take advantage of projects being offered to them. Now that Glee is over (and the last few seasons were such a waste for most of them), it's heartbreaking to think of the opportunities that they missed out on because they were needed to sit around a set and do little more that support Lea and Darren.
This infuriated me the most, I think. Look how Matt shines on Broadway now, carrying a whole musical production on his shoulders as the lead, singing, dancing, acting. While on Glee he was reduced to writing the whiteboard, if he even got to do that anymore. There were episodes when he was only sitting in the background 1 or 2 scenes, how frustrating that must have been for him.

Same I guess for Jenna and Kevin, although I don't think they had as many opportunities and (tbh) potential outside of Glee while the show was still in production. At least they still got screentime in the choir room, be it in the background mostly, and Kevin occasionally even got to sing (poor Jenna though: she has such a lovely voice and they hardly used it). I'm not sure if Tina being linked to Blaine and Sam after Heather left was a good thing for Jenna (screentime) or not (embarrassing storylines and cringeworthy acting all around).

And I can only imagine the frustration Chris must have felt at times, getting all these great offers and ideas for other projects, but being shackled ball-and-chain to Glee as not only the K of dysfunctional Klaine (plus having to often work with a bad actor like Darren in that pairing) but also the best gay prop of Rachel.
On top of that some of the storylines he was in with these 2 in the last seasons must also have offended him as a proud gay man (the bashing, the way Blaine treated Kurt so Kurt looked like a doormat, the stupid hurried engagement and wedding) and also as an ambitious performer himself (with Kurt mostly playing 2nd fiddle to Rachel careerwise, singing less and less on the show, and getting nothing for Kurt as an individual).

I hope the people behind some of the offers Chris got when he was still property of Glee still remember him and have new offers for him now he's free.
But with how positive some of the show runners have spoken about Chris on social media and such I don't think we have to worry much about that.  Wink

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top