General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 6/23/2016, 9:00 pm

I might buy Naya's book, but I will have to order it.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 8/30/2016, 4:42 am

From the 'Stranger than Fanfiction' thread:
fantastica wrote:OT: I didn't read Naya's book. Did she mention any inside scoops of Glee? I am not talking about how hard they work etc., but real inside scoop.
Her book is not out yet, but she revealed some stuff last week.



"Glee changed my life. It overhauled it. It got me out of debt. It helped to cement my career. And before the show, I’d never had a group of people I was that close with. I think a lot of the other cast members would say the same thing (except, maybe not about the debt…). […] While Glee changed our lives, it didn’t necessarily change who we were. We started the show as a ragtag group of misfits, and six seasons later, when we filmed the last episode, we were still the same bunch of misfits. Just now wearing more expensive jeans."
- Naya Rivera in Sorry Not Sorry (via naya-rivera)

"One [Glee] cast member [Naya] Rivera was particularly close with was the late Cory Monteith. Rivera reveals to People that the stories she’s written about Monteith in her memoir [Sorry Not Sorry] were the hardest things to write and she worked extra hard on them. She said it took her so long and so many changes because, ‘He was my friend and I wanted to do right by him.’"
- People Magazine (via naya-rivera)



Naya Rivera Reveals She Battled Anorexia as a Teen and Had an Abortion While on Glee

Naya Rivera became a star playing a singing teen on Glee, but in real life she feels wise beyond her years.
“I’ve done a lot of living,” the actress says in the current issue of PEOPLE. “I’m a 79-year-old trapped in a 29-year-old’s body.”
Rivera has now chronicled that loaded life – including the revelations that she battled anorexia as a teen and had an abortion she got while on Glee – in her upcoming memoir Sorry Not Sorry, and PEOPLE has an exclusive excerpt before it hits stores.
“By the time I was a sophomore, I started feeling that what had begun as a game had maybe gone too far. I just avoided food at all costs,” she writes in Sorry Not Sorry of coping with her parents splitting and reuniting at the same time her acting career was stalling. “If my mom had packed a lunch for me, I’d either trash it or find some excuse to give it away.”
Rivera says she didn’t really realize the severity of her eating disorder until she decided to write about it in her memoir.
“I was so young and it just seemed to be the norm. Everyone was going through similar stuff,” she tells PEOPLE. “I had no way of knowing if I was going through it worse. I was juggling my feelings and it makes me sad that there are girls still going through that 15 years after I went through it.”

Harder for Rivera to open up about was the fact she had an abortion.
Rivera found out she was pregnant with actor Ryan Dorsey’s child in late 2010 – just weeks after breaking up with him to focus on her career.
Rivera says she did not reveal the pregnancy to Dorsey, whom she wed in 2014 and is now the father of her 11-month-old son. Instead, she made the call to put her career first and terminated the pregnancy during her one day off from filming an episode of Glee.
“It was very scary to open up about everything,” says Rivera. “It’s not something a lot of people talk about, but I think they should. I know some people might read it and say, ‘What the Hell?’ But I hope someone out there gets something out of it.”
One person she hopes gets something out of her memoir is her son, Josey.
“I hope Josey will read it one day,” she says of the book. “I hope it gives him a better perspective on the issues women face.”

Sorry Not Sorry is on sale Sept. 13.
x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 9/1/2016, 4:18 am

Apparently Naya did throw some indirect and not so indirect shade in her book:

From someone who read parts of it...

http://naya-rivera.com/post/149777454020/sorry-not-sorry-details-on-big-sean-lea-michele

There’s a lot of mentions in the Glee portion about what things were like when they’d hang out in the earlier seasons after work and the parties they’d go to and whatnot. Kevin being a goof, Heather dancing around in her underwear, etc.

- With Big Sean It started off good but it slowly deteriorated as time went on. He sorta asked her if she wanted to get married while they were laying around, and he told his fam that they were engaged, and then eventually gave a real proposal. But nothing was working. They were fighting like crazy and when Cory died, he was basically like “damn that sucks” and went back to sleep. She was wedding planning and he wouldn’t help, he wouldn’t even give her a guest list of people he wanted there. He was useless. At one point they were fighting and he was home in LA after travelling for a bit and he didn’t wanna see her, so she was like “well I have a key, so.” And she went and found Ariana Grande hanging out sitting on the couch. They went to couples therapy, and basically she said it wasn’t working. He stole the Rolex he’d given her and when she called him out he claimed he was getting it rewound. It was just so messy and then she found out that the wedding was 100% off via the internet. And then there was the stuff with IDFWY.

- Her part about Cory is really sweet. The two of them were really close, and she talked about what a good guy he was. They had a very brother/sister like relationship. She talked about how devastating it was to get a call in the middle of the night about him no longer being alive. But she believed that God must have had a plan, even though she didn’t understand it.

- The Quarterback was really hard for everybody. Everyone was just bawling. And people were still mourning off screen, it made it really hard to do in character. Santana having a big part was sort of the writers’ way of acknowledging Naya’s friendship with Cory, and because Lea wasn’t in any place to take the lead in that episode, she was the next choice. Mike O’Malley wrote her a note telling her that he thought people on set looked up to her and that she had to try and be extra strong to help pull everyone through it.

- There’s a whole section about Mark and her awful relationship with him.

- In a segment of the book, she didn’t name Lea by name. However, there are several things pointing to her, because of things said in other parts of the book about how they were not friends and she didn’t really like her. Given her closeness to the rest of the cast, and given who was actually prominent in that episode, talking about a friend by going “… one particular Glee star to amp up her bitch factor.” doesn’t really seem likely when there’s one person that she’s named earlier on that she had a bad relationship with. She mentions how they absolutely couldn’t do the scene without this person, and the producer said it wasn’t them who spread the rumors, and she claims “it sounded like there was a giant, blinking arrow point right at a certain person. so I guess you can throw a bitch fit, lock yourself in your trailer, and stall production, yet still allegedly find the time to leak stories to the press.”

- During the episode Chris wrote with the old people and the dogs, Lea was pulling a diva fit about everything and eventually was locking herself in her trailer. And Naya was ready for them to do a diner scene and she was on her mark with her lines ready and nobody else was, and one of the producers was just chilling on a diner stool and she went up to him and was like “Where’s the rest of the scene? Aren’t going to do anything about this?” and he freaked out and started yelling at her in front of everybody and was was like “I’ve been doing this job for 6 years!” And she was like “Yeah, badly.”

- She wasn’t in the next episode but they mended things during the summer hiatus that year when all the rumors were out about how she was fired. The producers told her that the rumors didn’t stem from them though, and Naya said the rumors were the first she had heard about her getting “fired.”

The Brad Falchuk episode alone is worth the price of buying the book.

Smile Smile Smile

Worth noting that Chis gave the book a positive shoutout.
sifflou sifflou
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Ranwing on 9/1/2016, 5:44 am

So Naya is confirming (as carefully as she can) that the drama on the set in the later seasons was due to a large degree to Lea? And that she was basically throwing a tantrum while filming the episode Chris wrote? That would explain a great deal. And it would shed light on how Chris and Lea went from being so close that they socialized a lot off set to Lea going along with the DaLeaStreet bullshit that excluded not just Chris, but Naya and the rest of the long time cast as well.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to get this book when it comes about. Naya really comes across honestly here and while I get that this is her perspective about how things went down, it does show that how things on the Glee set were handled fully justifies why so many of the cast want nothing to do with RIB at this point (and Lea to a large degree).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 9/1/2016, 6:55 am

Naya spilling the delicious tea as carefully as she can.
Poor Chris being caught in the middle of this in his episode.

Give me more!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  valkeakuulas on 9/1/2016, 6:27 pm

I cannot believe I'm also considering buying it. Smile
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  mindschemez on 9/2/2016, 12:18 am

I remember when he episode was filming someone from the crew instagrammed the dog walking scene with the caption like "dragging an overpaid diva" or something like that, and the photo was lea from behind.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 242
Join date : 2013-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 9/2/2016, 5:57 am

Bears repeating:

Just like Naya’s singing voice, Sorry Not Sorry is powerful, genuine, and full of soul. I’ve known her for almost a decade and still I learned something new about her in every chapter. After reading Naya’s book you’ll admire her spirit, talent, and wit more than ever before."
— Chris Colfer’s review of Naya Rivera’s Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 9/2/2016, 6:36 am

^^^Lol, especially Chris calling her and her book "genuine", basically confirming the Glee stuff she writes. Razz



______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 9/3/2016, 8:36 am

"To say that Glee means a lot to me is an understatement, and there are a lot of people who worked on that show who I love dearly. Chris Colfer is one of them. He’s not only a talented performer, but he’s also a bestselling author and just a generally amazing human being. When we were on set, he’d be off in a corner, writing novels in longhand in a notebook. I don’t know how he did it, but it’s incredibly inspiring."
— Naya Rivera in Sorry Not Sorry (via naya-rivera)


"All of the lifelong friendships I made: Heather [Morris], Chris [Colfer], Amber [Riley], Dianna [Agron], Kevin [McHale], Jenna [Ushkowitz], Harry [Shum Jr.], Telly [Kousakis], and too many more to name all of them here."
— Naya Rivera on one of the things she’s not sorry for in Sorry Not Sorry (via naya-rivera)


Lol, at Naya very obviously leaving 3 names of co-stars out of that list.
And it's probably not a coincidence that those 3 names are the only Glee actors Ryan Murphy said he still is close too.   suspectt

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica on 9/4/2016, 1:31 pm

I believe Chris is friendly with chord. He recently mentioned chords new record on twitter. Chord doesn't seem like someone who would offend anyone. I can only imagine what deals he's made with the devil in order to come back to the show. Poor guy had to cave in because no body else is giving him a big fat multi year contract like glee.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  fantastica on 9/4/2016, 1:34 pm

BTW who is Telly?
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 9/6/2016, 5:38 pm

Telly is a crew member (also actor) of the Glee show who hung out a lot socially (from twitter, instagrams, etc) with the cast.

I used to think that Chris wouldn't write a tell all memoir, but now it wouldn't surprise me because he is after all a writer, if Chris wrote (maybe within 10-15 years) giving his account of how life was like on the Glee set, among other things.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 9/14/2016, 3:47 pm

Naya's book is released, here comes the gossip:

Perhaps the juiciest section of Rivera's book details her not-so-pleasant relationship with Lea Michele, who was rumored to be the Fox hit's biggest diva.

Michele, who had already gotten a taste of the limelight starring on Broadway's Spring Awakening, threw a bit of a fit when the air conditioner broke during season one rehearsals.

Michele, Rivera remembers, "kept threatening to call SAG about the unsafe working conditions."

Rivera wrote that she and most of her fellow cast members were pretty close, and always threw parties at Kevin McHale and Jenna Uschkowitz's home, which they all nicknamed the "Love Nest."


Michele wasn't much of a party animal, and only once made an appearance at the Love Nest.

"Lea does not go out," Rivera explained.

"She wanted to let her hair down, so she drank two hot toddies while she was there."

Oh, girl.

"The rest of us were slamming champagne and vodka, and Lea's in the kitchen making tea."

One night, Rivera and co-star Heather Morris did a strip-tease kind of dance for Cory Monteith, Michele's boyfriend.

"I'm pretty sure Cory had a hard-on the entire time," Rivera joked (or half-joked).

That same evening, Monteith asked Rivera why they had never hooked (oldest trick in the book). While the did share a "quick" peck, Rivera wrote, "Cory and I had a very brotherly/sisterly relationship."

Once, however, Monteith started dating Michele, Rivera noticed a change in him.

"The more serious they got, the less Cory hung out with us, and the more he seemed like a different person."

When Chris Colfer wrote an episode, he invited some dogs onto the set.
"One particular Glee star," Rivera wrote, decided to "amp up her b**** factor
She made a huge deal about the dogs, and demanded hand sanitizer any time one came near her."
Without naming names, we can assume this particular star was Michele.

When Rivera spoke up about Michele's behavior in 2014, she allegedly insulted a producer in the process, and found out the next day that she had been fired from Glee.
"So I guess you can throw a b*** fit, lock yourself in your trailer, stall production yet still allegedly find time to leak stories to the press," Rivera wrote of the whole ordeal, though she insists she wasn't fired.


"I think Rachel— erm, I mean Lea— didn't like sharing the spotlight," Rivera continued.
"In the end, I do wish that Lea and I had gotten along better, but I'm not losing sleep over it."
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com

Lea:
“One of the Glee writers once said that Lea [Michele] and I were like two sides of the same battery and that about sums us up. We are both strong willed and competitive — not just with each other but with everyone — and that’s not a good mixture.
As the show progressed, though, that friendship started to break down, especially as Santana moved from a background character to one with bigger plot lines and more screen time. I think Rachel — erm, I mean Lea — didn’t like sharing the spotlight.
On top of that, she had a hard time separating work from our outside friendship, whereas it was a lot easier for me. I’m not offended when people offer feedback or criticism, and if things get heated on set, I try to keep perspective. We’re all stressed, yes, but we’re all working toward the same goal, so laugh it off and keep it movin’. Lea was a lot more sensitive, though, and it seemed like she blamed me for anything and everything that went wrong. If I’d complained about anyone or anything, she’d assumed I was b-tching about her. Soon, she started to ignore me, and eventually it got to the point where she didn’t say a word to me for all of season six. Lea and I definitely weren’t the best of friends, and I doubt we’ll ever sit on her couch and eat kale together again, but the rumors of our ‘feud’ were blown out of proportion.”


Cory:
Monteith had been sober for years, so when the actor had a cocktail at a cast party several years ago, his co-stars were taken aback. "He noticed that we noticed," Rivera writes. "He explained that he wanted to be able to drink in moderation, that he could do it and be just like everybody else. He seemed calm and confident about it, so we all just accepted it. To be honest, I don't think many of us really understood how addiction worked, nor did we fully realize the extent of his former addiction."

Rivera learned Monteith had died of combined drug intoxication in 2013 while she was in London with her then-boyfriend, Big Sean. "I doubt I'm alone in feeling a lot of regret about his death. Since he died, a lot of us have spent time wondering and talking about what would have happened if someone had stepped in or confronted him about what was going on. Or what if he'd been trying to talk to someone about what was going on and just thought no one cared? Like, maybe that one time when it was just the two of us walking out to our cars, maybe if I would have just walked a little bit slower and hadn't been in such a hurry to get home, maybe he would have seen it as an opportunity to bring something up," the actress writes. "You can drive yourself crazy like that, because no number of ifs will ever make anything different."


Mark:
Salling was arrested in 2015 and later indicted on charges of receiving and possessing child pornography on his laptop and a flash memory drive. "I can't say I was totally shocked, but still–WTF?" she writes of her ex-boyfriend, whom she met on the set of Glee. "My son's nanny actually told me about it when the story broke. Then I had no doubt that God really did have my back along the way."

The co-stars broke up in 2010 but continued to work together for several seasons. According to Rivera, Salling's publicist thought she was bad for his image. "When Mark dumped me, I thought it was the worst thing ever, but can you imagine if that didn't happen? And I was laying there in bed when the battering ram came through the door?
I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, 'What the hell was I thinking?' You'll learn something and you won't regret it," she writes. "Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything."

Naya went on to add that Mark insisted on keeping his relationship with her a secret while they were dating, with the actress believing that this was so that he could sleep with other women rather than to maintain his ‘poster boy’ image.
She continued: “I had a feeling his pretending to be single had less to do with his publicist and more to do with his d*ck.
For a while, there was drama on set, because we hated each other and I didn’t even want him looking at me.
Any time a new person was added to the show, it was like fresh meat being dropped into a piranha tank.”
She concluded with: “I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, 'What the hell was I thinking?’ You’ll learn something and you won’t regret it. Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizeable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything.”
http://www.eonline.com

As for Lea's relationship with Cory Monteith, Naya wrote, "When Cory and Lea started dating, it was a total surprise. The more serious they got, the less Cory hung out with us and the more he seemed like a different person. One year he came back from the break between seasons super skinny. He said he'd been spending a lot of time at the gym and was trying to be responsible — not spending money all the time and buying crazy cars like he used to.
My personal feelings for Lea aside, I knew that she wasn’t a partier, so I felt like maybe their relationship could actually be good for him. I was happy for Cory to have a stable influence in his life, wherever it was he found it."
http://www.justjaredjr.com


Before Cory Monteith died accidentally after drinking and overdosing on heroin in July 2013, she recalled the moment she first saw him drink. As far as she knew, he was sober up through Season 3. Then, the group went out to dinner to celebrate filming the season finale.
“When he decided to order a cocktail, it was the first time we had ever seen him drink,” she said. “He explained that he wanted to be able to drink in moderation, that he could do it and be just like everybody else. He seemed calm and confident about it, so we all just accepted it. To be honest, I don’t think many of us really understood how addiction worked.”

The brunette beauty also documented a particular celebration in which she and some other members of the group attempted to get another member high. “The Love Nest” — as she called Kevin McHale and Jenna Ushkowitz‘s shared residence — “was also where we got one of our castmates high for the first time, or at least tried to. We fed him a whole bag of weed Gummy Bears on New Year’s Eve, and he still didn’t feel a thing.”

But, oh, it doesn’t stop there. During her tumultuous coupledom with Mark, she claimed he told her he loved her 4 weeks into the relationship… while high on Ecstasy. Nevertheless, the two dated on and off for 3 years, during which time, she also said, that he cheated on her. (Life imitating art, huh?) It was a disaster to say the least.
Guess we can now add Naya Rivera’s confessions to the growing list of Glee cast scandals.
http://www.teen.com

Lol, I bet that castmate they tried to get high was Chris. Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  valkeakuulas on 9/14/2016, 6:09 pm

I did order Naya's book as Chris's audio book became available. Cannot wait for an easy and juicy read.
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 9/15/2016, 9:21 am

"Chris Colfer was good at picking up choreography but didn’t have the best rhythm, so he eventually convinced the choreographers [on Glee] to let him use props, like brandishing a sword or swinging from the rafters in a cat suit."
— Naya Rivera in Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 9/21/2016, 10:12 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Naya's book is released, here comes the gossip:

Perhaps the juiciest section of Rivera's book details her not-so-pleasant relationship with Lea Michele, who was rumored to be the Fox hit's biggest diva.

Michele, who had already gotten a taste of the limelight starring on Broadway's Spring Awakening, threw a bit of a fit when the air conditioner broke during season one rehearsals.

Michele, Rivera remembers, "kept threatening to call SAG about the unsafe working conditions."

Rivera wrote that she and most of her fellow cast members were pretty close, and always threw parties at Kevin McHale and Jenna Uschkowitz's home, which they all nicknamed the "Love Nest."


Michele wasn't much of a party animal, and only once made an appearance at the Love Nest.

"Lea does not go out," Rivera explained.

"She wanted to let her hair down, so she drank two hot toddies while she was there."

Oh, girl.

"The rest of us were slamming champagne and vodka, and Lea's in the kitchen making tea."

One night, Rivera and co-star Heather Morris did a strip-tease kind of dance for Cory Monteith, Michele's boyfriend.

"I'm pretty sure Cory had a hard-on the entire time," Rivera joked (or half-joked).

That same evening, Monteith asked Rivera why they had never hooked (oldest trick in the book). While the did share a "quick" peck, Rivera wrote, "Cory and I had a very brotherly/sisterly relationship."

Once, however, Monteith started dating Michele, Rivera noticed a change in him.

"The more serious they got, the less Cory hung out with us, and the more he seemed like a different person."

When Chris Colfer wrote an episode, he invited some dogs onto the set.
"One particular Glee star," Rivera wrote, decided to "amp up her b**** factor
She made a huge deal about the dogs, and demanded hand sanitizer any time one came near her."
Without naming names, we can assume this particular star was Michele.

When Rivera spoke up about Michele's behavior in 2014, she allegedly insulted a producer in the process, and found out the next day that she had been fired from Glee.
"So I guess you can throw a b*** fit, lock yourself in your trailer, stall production yet still allegedly find time to leak stories to the press," Rivera wrote of the whole ordeal, though she insists she wasn't fired.


"I think Rachel— erm, I mean Lea— didn't like sharing the spotlight," Rivera continued.
"In the end, I do wish that Lea and I had gotten along better, but I'm not losing sleep over it."
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com

Lea:
“One of the Glee writers once said that Lea [Michele] and I were like two sides of the same battery and that about sums us up. We are both strong willed and competitive — not just with each other but with everyone — and that’s not a good mixture.
As the show progressed, though, that friendship started to break down, especially as Santana moved from a background character to one with bigger plot lines and more screen time. I think Rachel — erm, I mean Lea — didn’t like sharing the spotlight.
On top of that, she had a hard time separating work from our outside friendship, whereas it was a lot easier for me. I’m not offended when people offer feedback or criticism, and if things get heated on set, I try to keep perspective. We’re all stressed, yes, but we’re all working toward the same goal, so laugh it off and keep it movin’. Lea was a lot more sensitive, though, and it seemed like she blamed me for anything and everything that went wrong. If I’d complained about anyone or anything, she’d assumed I was b-tching about her. Soon, she started to ignore me, and eventually it got to the point where she didn’t say a word to me for all of season six. Lea and I definitely weren’t the best of friends, and I doubt we’ll ever sit on her couch and eat kale together again, but the rumors of our ‘feud’ were blown out of proportion.”


Cory:
Monteith had been sober for years, so when the actor had a cocktail at a cast party several years ago, his co-stars were taken aback. "He noticed that we noticed," Rivera writes. "He explained that he wanted to be able to drink in moderation, that he could do it and be just like everybody else. He seemed calm and confident about it, so we all just accepted it. To be honest, I don't think many of us really understood how addiction worked, nor did we fully realize the extent of his former addiction."

Rivera learned Monteith had died of combined drug intoxication in 2013 while she was in London with her then-boyfriend, Big Sean. "I doubt I'm alone in feeling a lot of regret about his death. Since he died, a lot of us have spent time wondering and talking about what would have happened if someone had stepped in or confronted him about what was going on. Or what if he'd been trying to talk to someone about what was going on and just thought no one cared? Like, maybe that one time when it was just the two of us walking out to our cars, maybe if I would have just walked a little bit slower and hadn't been in such a hurry to get home, maybe he would have seen it as an opportunity to bring something up," the actress writes. "You can drive yourself crazy like that, because no number of ifs will ever make anything different."


Mark:
Salling was arrested in 2015 and later indicted on charges of receiving and possessing child pornography on his laptop and a flash memory drive. "I can't say I was totally shocked, but still–WTF?" she writes of her ex-boyfriend, whom she met on the set of Glee. "My son's nanny actually told me about it when the story broke. Then I had no doubt that God really did have my back along the way."

The co-stars broke up in 2010 but continued to work together for several seasons. According to Rivera, Salling's publicist thought she was bad for his image. "When Mark dumped me, I thought it was the worst thing ever, but can you imagine if that didn't happen? And I was laying there in bed when the battering ram came through the door?
I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, 'What the hell was I thinking?' You'll learn something and you won't regret it," she writes. "Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything."

Naya went on to add that Mark insisted on keeping his relationship with her a secret while they were dating, with the actress believing that this was so that he could sleep with other women rather than to maintain his ‘poster boy’ image.
She continued: “I had a feeling his pretending to be single had less to do with his publicist and more to do with his d*ck.
For a while, there was drama on set, because we hated each other and I didn’t even want him looking at me.
Any time a new person was added to the show, it was like fresh meat being dropped into a piranha tank.”
She concluded with: “I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, 'What the hell was I thinking?’ You’ll learn something and you won’t regret it. Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizeable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything.”
http://www.eonline.com

As for Lea's relationship with Cory Monteith, Naya wrote, "When Cory and Lea started dating, it was a total surprise. The more serious they got, the less Cory hung out with us and the more he seemed like a different person. One year he came back from the break between seasons super skinny. He said he'd been spending a lot of time at the gym and was trying to be responsible — not spending money all the time and buying crazy cars like he used to.
My personal feelings for Lea aside, I knew that she wasn’t a partier, so I felt like maybe their relationship could actually be good for him. I was happy for Cory to have a stable influence in his life, wherever it was he found it."
http://www.justjaredjr.com


Before Cory Monteith died accidentally after drinking and overdosing on heroin in July 2013, she recalled the moment she first saw him drink. As far as she knew, he was sober up through Season 3. Then, the group went out to dinner to celebrate filming the season finale.
“When he decided to order a cocktail, it was the first time we had ever seen him drink,” she said. “He explained that he wanted to be able to drink in moderation, that he could do it and be just like everybody else. He seemed calm and confident about it, so we all just accepted it. To be honest, I don’t think many of us really understood how addiction worked.”

The brunette beauty also documented a particular celebration in which she and some other members of the group attempted to get another member high. “The Love Nest” — as she called Kevin McHale and Jenna Ushkowitz‘s shared residence — “was also where we got one of our castmates high for the first time, or at least tried to. We fed him a whole bag of weed Gummy Bears on New Year’s Eve, and he still didn’t feel a thing.”

But, oh, it doesn’t stop there. During her tumultuous coupledom with Mark, she claimed he told her he loved her 4 weeks into the relationship… while high on Ecstasy. Nevertheless, the two dated on and off for 3 years, during which time, she also said, that he cheated on her. (Life imitating art, huh?) It was a disaster to say the least.
Guess we can now add Naya Rivera’s confessions to the growing list of Glee cast scandals.
http://www.teen.com

Lol, I bet that castmate they tried to get high was Chris. Razz

Well, he did mention about firsts, and I am guessing Chris was a part of the "Love Nest".
So, maybe it was him. neutre

But he was living with Kevin and Jenna for a while from what I read somewhere back when Glee was in it's first year.

So, Rachel was Lea seems to be correct.

She better hope Ryan doesn't get bored with her and cuts her loose.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Eaton2011 on 10/7/2016, 2:43 pm


I underestimated how well Darren could perform Hedwig.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-HEDWIG-AND-THE-ANGRY-INCH-Tour-Launches-in-San-Francisco-20161006

His reviews are very good.

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Posts : 26
Join date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 10/28/2016, 7:25 pm

Eaton2011 wrote:
 I underestimated how well Darren could perform Hedwig.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-HEDWIG-AND-THE-ANGRY-INCH-Tour-Launches-in-San-Francisco-20161006

His reviews are very good.

Not a Darren fan still. but people can change as he seems to have done. neutre

Congrats to him.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 10/28/2016, 7:33 pm

We have Adam Lambert on X Factor here as a judge. Smile 

I get to see him every week.

And it looks like he is working on another album. Smile 

I only live over the border and would love to meet him.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos on 10/29/2016, 4:22 pm

Amber Riley's west end show " Dreamgirls" which starts previews in November , its run has been extended at least through May 2017. Smile Smile
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 2/18/2017, 6:26 pm

Some people from the Glee cast and crew interacting with Chris:






"When I was done with “Glee,” I forgot all about those people, and they forgot all about me. It’s funny because I still do see them. Becca Tobin lives across the street, Kevin McHale lives up the street, Chris Colfer lives around the block, so I see them all the time."
— Jane Lynch



A former Glee crew member left a comment on Chris Colfer’s Instagram post about his upcoming show, Indigo
(via ccn)






______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/1/2017, 8:40 pm

Heather Morris is going to be on Dancing with the Stars, dancing with Max (I'm not going to attempt to spell his last name).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  ColferInspired on 3/2/2017, 8:29 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Heather Morris is going to be on Dancing with the Stars, dancing with Max (I'm not going to attempt to spell his last name).  

She is a dancer, so she has a strong chance of winning. neutre

I heard Mr T was going to be on there as well.

By the way love the new banner. It's beautiful. wub
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Glorfindel on 3/2/2017, 9:54 am

ColferInspired wrote:She is a dancer, so she has a strong chance of winning. neutre
Isn't that a bit like.....cheating? On a show that's about non-fulltime non-professional dancing celebrities mostly clumsily learning how to dance?

(I'm still going to watch her dance on the show though. I love Heather's dancing.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum