[ 2 ]
25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Re: 6x10 "The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/6/2015, 11:52 pm

So, Rachel reaches out to Sam about costumes for the Glee club. Not her co-director. You know, her friend who has worked in fashion.

And how anti-climatic was Rachel getting back into NYADA. She barely reacted to it. And Sam as the voice of reason? Isn't that usually Kurt's responsibility.

Sue and Will out Europing each other. OK, so this performance is winning me over with the heavy metal hair. LOL. Even Brad has a wig. Will looks crazy. And we get a classic Kurt WTF face.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/6/2015, 11:55 pm

Everyone ready for the worst song on Glee ever?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/6/2015, 11:56 pm

I can't with this episode. Everything is rushed up, and makes no sense. And I'm trying to bear Rachel, but of course she's getting everything easily.

I'll watch a soap opera that is written better than this. Can't believe I said that

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/6/2015, 11:57 pm

That's boy!! Someone kick him in the face

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/6/2015, 11:59 pm

I can't stand Myron.

This song is such a mess, just like the big Glee club here. They don't gel well ( no pun intended).

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 3/7/2015, 12:09 am

Did they sing the original song by Darren & co.? My livestream froze up during the last 10mins...

I'm all for talented kids, I really am, but seeing Myron with the rest of the older people creeps me out so much.
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/7/2015, 12:14 am

I'm trying to find some kind of redeemable value in what I just sat through and the only thing I can say is that Jane can be handed a script that's the equivalent of a trash bag filled with rotten fish head and she'll still give it her best. Good for her. As much as I hated her storyline and how it took up nearly the entire episode, she's a great actor to watch.

Rachel is so past the point of me giving the slightest shit about what becomes of her because no matter how stupid she is, she'll always land on her feet. Quit a show and break her contract? No problem, she'll get cast after her very first audition less than a year later without even having to do a call back. Quit your highly competitive school and insult the dean on your way out the door? Gets readmitted just by asking. There's nothing compelling or interesting about her storyline and with her behavior, she's proving that despite being "humbled" that she hasn't learned a goddam thing. This is supposed to be the main protagonist of the show and they've made it impossible for me to root for her.

Kurt had nothing to do this episode since his role as chief Rachel cheerleader has been usurped by Mercedes (who was there for no reason that I can see), Blaine and Sam. I'm actually glad to see Kurt (and by extension Chris) not at the center of this mess - at least he'll emerge unscathed.

The Warblers are obnoxious brats and I would have loved five minutes devoted to the obvious displeasure Jane felt at having to accept he choir that rejected her into her group. But instead we got the Sue show (which wasn't much of a improvement from the Rachel show).

Darren's song was a mess and I hit the mute button less than halfway through. The only song that I enjoyed was the Trolley Song (which was pointless but fun) and Final Countdown (which was cracktastic fun) The rest... I was focused on folding laundry.

This is what happens when a show just stops giving a shit and doesn't even put in a halfhearted effort to hide the fact that they don't give a shit.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/7/2015, 4:23 am

Have seen the episode and have no words to describe it. As I read on twitter, when you think Glee is a mess, then got messier. This episode has several things I'm tired of; Sue and Will eternal dispute (though I'm with Ranwing and Final Countdown was cracktastic), then Rachel getting everything, but at the same time feeling sorry for her and wanted to go back to NY with a success. I can't root for her anymore, is so predictable what will happen.

Warblers, won't say so much as I'm not impressed by them, and still don't get the reason why Dalton was burnt, but I guess they need members, and this was the...the...sorry still couldn't think a reason why they were brought. If Glee need members, those spaces can be fill by band members or cheerleaders. Oh, and speaking of Warblers, 'Blarren's song was ok for me. Just that.

Kurt summarizes my final thoughts of what I saw

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 3/7/2015, 5:44 am

Did someone actually write that garbage I've just watched? Can someone please explain what it was supposed to be about? Cause I think I got lost somewhere? It was just pointless and there are only two episodes left! If I was a show runner I don't think I would be considering any of these writers for my shows, there are better writers on fan fic, there was just a total waste of an episode, what I am I talking about, it's been a waste of a season.....

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/7/2015, 7:01 am

Have two minds about downloading this.

But I think my housemate is already downloading it for me.

Having to see Rachel getting everything that she does not deserve to have from here on in is going to make these final episodes painful to watch. mince 

And them trying to retcon the Pilot (though I still think it is an au) to make Kurt seem weak and completely writing off everything Chris has ever done, is the most insulting thing to ever to do to an actor who has put so much in making Kurt iconic and a saviour for kids who were bullied and struggled with life.

So, I hope 2009 is just an au and not a retcon. :angry:
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 3/7/2015, 7:29 am

I laughed when the obnoxious Warblers claimed that ladies love the blazers and Kitty scoffed and said "Do they?".

Other than that the episode was really boring and pointless. Kurt looked good though, loved his WTF faces during The Final Countdown.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/7/2015, 1:20 pm

Every SL this year has been absolutely pointless. Why have Rachel fall so dramatically in 6.01 if there isn't even a comeback journey at all?

I'm trying to think what character SL was better served by giving Glee a 6th season and not ending with the finale of Season 5.

Still trying to find one.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/7/2015, 1:37 pm

I just don't get what they're trying to do with Rachel. Except for putting her temporarily back in Lima, what was the point of setting her up for a series of bad decisions that could be clearly chalked up to her overblown sense of entitlement, fail in the most spectacular fashion when they're just going to give her all the prizes again without eve the most minimal consequences for her actions. That she'll break her contract for Funny Girl and less than a year later be cast in a new show after a single audition (with not even a call back). Or that she can quit the most competitive conservatory in the country (after showing her lack of investment once she got a professional part) and gets readmitted just by asking.

Rachel may be exceptionally talented, but she's not God's gift to musical theater. Broadway would exist very well with or without her. Why someone who has already proven that she is unreliable would immediately be cast in another part is hard enough to swallow. But for it to happen so totally effortlessly on Rachel's part really puts it well outside the point of being in any way defendable. And then to have her also get back into NYADA is just the icing on a shit story cake.

And by focusing on "returning to NY a winner" and showing that she's apparently not learned anything at all just makes me want to tune out. It's one thing for Rachel's success to be preordained, but it's another to make it so totally undeserved. She's done nothing to have actually earned these two golden chances (on top of the other golden chances that she gained and then just threw away) so it just takes what could have been a really compelling story and made it totally unsatisfying. There is no way to justify Rachel getting even one of these two chances, let alone both to choose from.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/7/2015, 2:21 pm

Most Rachel fans I know loathe how Glee has treated Her SL.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 3/7/2015, 4:33 pm

I just watched the edit, and what a pathetic amount of Kurt. Under four minutes, and even the one whole message he was allowed to say was complete BS. When has any of the others (Will, Rachel and Blaine) ever had to fight for anything?

Oh what a waste of a actor. And can I just say how annoying it is that Dalton has been so much glorified over the course of entire Glee. I know it might be true that private schools in US are infact better at education than public schools but some sort of limit to the worship is in order.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/7/2015, 4:39 pm

Buenos wrote:Most Rachel fans I know loathe how Glee has treated Her SL.

At this point only the hardcore and blind fans support her illogical SL. The other half,or more,are more rational,and though still love her,are aware how insane is everything.

Glee has managed to piss everyone.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/7/2015, 8:20 pm

Bah, this was terrible. A waste of an episode. And Kurt said maybe 3 lines in the few scenes he was in.

Here's my post from Previously.TV:

Wow, this show has become almost unbearable to watch. I promised to sit this through till the end, but it’s getting harder with each episode.
Way too much Sue, but tbh the Sue-less parts weren’t any better either. The only time I sniggered this episode was when that Warbler wanted to throw a show at Sue. Granted: that was funny. The rest not so much. Not the worst episode of Glee ever (lol, there are so many other episodes that qualify for that title), but close, very close.

The Geraldo Rivera stuff was the worst to watch as I never liked the guy nor his way of 'reporting' news, but besides him I didn’t find anything funny in the entire “fall of Sue Sylvester” storyline, it was just cringeworthy and embarrassing. But what really bothered me was that after all Sue has done her biggest crime, according to her boss (who was ready to overlook everything else in her hurt locker, including her Klaine fetish), was her posing for the Penthouse. So a woman showing her naked body is more despicable than her physically attacking students for years. Right.

I love Carol Burnett, but the Sue/mom scene was so weird: mom basically admitted she hated Sue the moment she was born and lied for years to get away from her daughter(s) as much as possible (no wonder Sue is the way she is), but Sue still wants her mom’s love and even apologizes to her! And no mention of Sue’s sister Jean at all, not even why her mother was not even at her funeral. But Sue still was eager to please her mother and sing a musical song with her, even though she hates musicals.

Becky was awful again, I really hate her screeching all the time. And though Sue is definitely evil and needed to be stopped I find it very ungrateful and backstabbing of Becky to be the one to expose her, as Sue always treated her well and even covered for her when she brought a gun to school and fired it twice!

The Sue/will feud is so overdone, and I’m so over it. They did it much better back in season 1(!).
I’m also over songs turning into semi dream sequences, complete with costumes, wigs and other props, like ‘The Final Countdown’. Lol, remember when Ryan (I think it was Ryan?) swore that there would be no characters spontaneously bursting out into song nor any dream/fantasy performances in Glee?
But count me in on wanting to see Matt Morrison on Broadway in a role that requires him to wear a wig and guyliner, singing pop-rock songs.

In the mean time Rachel is still the specialest snowflake that ever existed. As others have pointed out this is the 4th time Carmen gave her another chance, but Rachel was immediately dismissing NYADA again the moment she got cast in that musical. She wants to return to New York as a winner, and when that opportunity arises (without even a call-back, lol) she drops the faux humble attitude and her true self comes out: considering going back to a prestigeous college as NYADA pathetic, desperate and with her tail between her legs, even though she was begging to be given another chance in that same NYADA only minutes ago.
I wish Carmen could have heard that little outburst. (Wouldn’t it be funny if Kurt was sent to Lima for his internship to be Carmen’s spy, and recorded everything Rachel said?)
Rachel really has learned absolutely nothing this season and is just as much an entitled, immature and ungrateful brat as she was when she quit NYADA the first time and then  ‘Funny Girl’. It’s a pity (but undoubtly deliberate, and not just because they could get Whoopi back) that we never saw Rachel’s talk with Carmen, as that could have actually been a humbling and redeeming scene, with Rachel finally facing her own mistakes and faults.
Instead we get Sam being the voice of reason here. Sam!

It’s odd that Kurt has been kept out of every career and especially NYADA conversation Rachel has had this season, when Sam, Mercedes and Blaine all have been involved and giving her advice (and not just in this episode).
Maybe the writers just want to forget Kurt actually still goes to NYADA and is bound to have a Broadway career in his future as well, and is also a coach of the glee club right now: noone can stand next to miss Rachel Berry in the spotlight after all, or even have a modest succes story for themselves in the same field as hers.

There are now only 3 girls in the glee club. In the real world it would be quite the opposite, with more girls than boys in the school’s choir. Oh but wait: burning down an only-male school justifies the total sausagefest and the piped blazers. Ryan, your fetish is showing.
The Warblers and ND seem completely incompatible, especially dancing wise, even in the uniting "I-want-World-Peace" song 'Rise' they looked ridiculous performing together. I would have loved it if Jane had been allowed to really protest the Warblers joining, and them basically usurping the McKinley glee club. As there are more Warblers than ND-members, plus they insisted on wearing blazers (making everyone look literally uniform) this new ‘super’ choir doesn’t resemble nor represent the old glee club of misfits at all anymore. So why would I want to root for them at Sectionals?
Oh yeah, because of evil rival choir VA, who now accepted Sue as their coach. (The writers forgot that Sue coached several glee clubs before VA: Aural Intensity and also ND.) Vocal Adrenaline are as annoying as the Warblers were in season 2: why all those songs for mostly nameless and faceless people?

Between Sue and Rachel, that stupid repetitive show choir competition storyline, and the occasional PSA, there's literally no storylines for any of the other characters, let alone career prospects. Glee's last minutes of its last season are ticking away and they’re absolutely wasting it.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/7/2015, 8:37 pm

Ratings: 0.6/1.81M

9:00pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 1.88 million (#4), A18-49: 0.7/ 2 (#4)

9:30pm
Fox – Glee
Viewers: 1.74 million (#4), A18-49: 0.6/ 2 (#4)

The (very short again) Kurt edit: link.

Jellyrolls wrote:Wow.  "The daughter that I just couldn't love."  That's cruel, even for Glee.
I actually felt for Sue in that scene. Sue's mom didn't love her from the day she was born, and deliberately neglected and abandoned her (and her sister).
No wonder Sue is so mistrusting and cold.

Jellyrolls wrote:So, Rachel reaches out to Sam about costumes for the Glee club.  Not her co-director.  You know, her friend who has worked in fashion. 
banzai  ^This.
Kurt was very noticeable not in this episode, nor involved with any of Rachel's stuff.

On the one hand I want to see as much Kurt as possible before the show ends, but otoh I'm so glad Kurt stays out of most of the mess that is season 6, especially Rachel's mess.

Ireth wrote:I laughed when the obnoxious Warblers claimed that ladies love the blazers and Kitty scoffed and said "Do they?".
Obnoxious and very GAY Warblers.
I bet it's not the ladies that love the blazers. fanny2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top