Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
Divalicious
Buenos
brisallie
dimpledchris
AnneNeville
mindschemez
Kurt addict
valkeakuulas
Ireth
TimF
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Ranwing
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos 2/22/2015, 2:23 pm

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nk3qovisjs1rnkjr2o1_400

I wonder how Chris breathes...it's like all circulation has been cut off, but in good way...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 2/22/2015, 6:12 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/23/2015, 4:40 am

All I can say is that with the way Missing Piece ends, I guess the writers intend that this relationship is doomed.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/23/2015, 5:03 am

AnneNeville wrote:All I can say is that with the way Missing Piece ends, I guess the writers intend that this relationship is doomed.

Maybe that's why they edited that part out from the final cut. It would've been hilarious had they not realized that they were basically implying that the relationship wasn't meant to last Laughing

I think I get why I'm not as annoyed by the episode as I thought I would be. When the spoilers and related details for this episode first came out, I dreaded that Kurt would be proposing to Blaine (since Blaine was the one who proposed in S5), and that he would be the one to push for them getting married or eloping. I was so relieved that Kurt did none of these things, and that he actually had to be pushed into the marriage.
The ceremony itself (and the whole episode, to be honest) felt so rushed and fake on the Klaine side (seriously a marriage license is a very important thing lol), that there's still a part of my brain that thinks they're not really married.

(insert RIB saying, "but it's Glee!" here.)
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 2/23/2015, 5:16 am

dimpledchris wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:All I can say is that with the way Missing Piece ends, I guess the writers intend that this relationship is doomed.

Maybe that's why they edited that part out from the final cut. It would've been hilarious had they not realized that they were basically implying that the relationship wasn't meant to last Laughing

I think I get why I'm not as annoyed by the episode as I thought I would be. When the spoilers and related details for this episode first came out, I dreaded that Kurt would be proposing to Blaine (since Blaine was the one who proposed in S5), and that he would be the one to push for them getting married or eloping. I was so relieved that Kurt did none of these things, and that he actually had to be pushed into the marriage.
The ceremony itself (and the whole episode, to be honest) felt so rushed and fake on the Klaine side (seriously a marriage license is a very important thing lol), that there's still a part of my brain that thinks they're not really married.

(insert RIB saying, "but it's Glee!" here.)

Oh, it was cut? How disappointing. They still don't know what story they are trying to tell.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/23/2015, 1:45 pm

The writers almost it seemed were forced kicking and screaming to marry off the Klaine Kragen.

I mean, they had Kurt arguing it against on screen and the next thing we know they are walking down the aisle.

NGL, it's almost comical how they were shading their last ship to the bitter end.   It's appropriate that at the end Glee writers satisfied nobody, Not Klaine fans, (at least the rational ones), not Kurt fans, not Blaine fans and certainly the GA was probably shaking their head.  (When did Klaine  actually talk through any of their problems or even talk to each other?)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2015, 2:21 pm

Oh, the whole season Klaine has been all about making fun of the K(b)lainers. It's ridiculous, but funny. i mean, you have Kurt talking about how he thinks you should get married before 30, and calling the idea crazy right up until they walked down the aisle. You have Blaine kind of downplaying the relationship with Dave when they were discussing getting married in the barn, when the interaction with them clearly showed they were close enough to live together (including sharing the same bed), Blaine almost giddily sharing information about the relationship (i.e. the part when they were locked in the elevator, and he was like, "A dessert. Oh Dave eats this all the time), being comfortable with PDA with Dave, including in front of Kurt.

I posted on tumblr that I would love to see them continue the K(b)lainer mocking in the flash forward. Have Kurt and Blaine be successful and famous, with adoring teenage girls and moms in their 30's and 40's who flail at ever little interaction they have, and write detailed fan fiction about their love life.

But in a twist, Kurt and Blaine hate each other, and continue to argue about silly things like toothpaste in the sink, hair in the shower drain, and hair gel stains on the pillow cases. After just a couple of years a marriage, they hate each other, and can barely stand the site of each other. But their PR people force them to stay together and play nice in public so the fans won't turn on them. They life in separate living quarters in their loft, where Kurt has a loving relationship with a sweet and understanding guy, and Blaine spends his evenings with discrete randoms his team brings by.

It would be the ultimate slap in the face to the K(b)lainers/CC idiots (which I think at this point there isn't much difference between the two groups) to throw a PR excuse in their faces. I only wish I thought of the idea sooner so the writers could have read it and stolen it Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/23/2015, 3:36 pm

I think that the Klainers have made themselves so obnoxious with their constant demands that the show found a way to give them basically what they wanted, but in a way that is in no way satisfying. It was like the Klaine wedding got tossed in just to shut them up.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/23/2015, 8:42 pm

Finally had some time to write down a few thoughts about the episode:

I can only conclude that the writers messed up Klaine this season and their reunion on purpose, as even they aren’t that stupid, and there was enough meta in the past episodes to show they know darn well how they’re screwing with Klaine and their fans.

It's all so fucked up.
Kurt got peer pressured at Blaine’s very public proposal after only have gotten back together  the day before, and now he gets pressured into a wedding after only have gotten back together with Blaine again. Because that worked out so well the first time.
Glee's message: you better get married at 20-21 without being in a stable relationship (and that’s an understatement when it comes to Klaine) because death is always just around the corner. Three cheers for the happy couple!

Also Blaine: “these last few months without you have been really [bad/difficult?]” were when you were happily dating and living together with Karofsky, so kindly shut up.

And Brittany looking up to Klaine and wanting them to get married? Like wut? Brittany was already having sex with Santana for a year and ready to proudly go public with her love before Klaine even got together. Having it look like Klaine paved the way for Brittana when the girls were together long before Blaine even appeared on the show is a blatant retcon, and quite disrespectful to the pairing and their fans.
Is Klaine’s marriage even legal, as it’s impossible to get a marriage licence for someone else, right? So how did Brittany manage to do that?

I’m not a Brittana fan, but their wedding and dresses were lovely, and you could see throughout the episode that they are very much in love. Naya and Heather really sold that.
I also liked Santana’s reconciliation scene with her abuela. I appreciated how everything wasn’t completely solved and okay, but that they’re both willing to put that aside them now for the wedding. Excellent acted by Naya and Ivonne Coll.

The guest stars were nice, but very badly used. Brittany’s parents had cringeworthy dialogue and just weren’t funny. I did however find Blaine’s mom being a drunk and hitting on Puck very funny. And it was great to see Gloria Estefan again, and singing this time!
But there were so many people missing at the wedding without ane explanation: Quinn, Blaine’s dad, Cooper, Santana’s dad, Brittany’s sister, Emma (although she could have panicked about having a wedding in a barn). Quinn not being there at least deserved some explanation on the show, it was weird not having her mentioned at all.

On the other hand the memory of Finn was hanging heavily in that barn, with Kurt being told to cease the day and marry the bowtie manchild because just look at his poor dead stepbrother (and mom), and Sam and Rachel not daring to sit or dance together to spare Burt and Carole’s feelings until they got their parental nod of approval.
Imo there could have been much, much better ways to remember Finn on the show than to use him to push and prop up 2 ships, bah.

I don’t really get the purpose of Tina proposing to Mike. Was it only to make fun of Tina even more? But Mike was very kind to her, and so was Artie.
So… was it just another storyline of guys telling a girl what to do? Or was it simply to give Mike some focus? Or was it the writers shading their own obsession of high school couples marrying too young and too quickly?

Burt’s speech was too much of a PSA, while the couples’ vows were OTT sugary sweet, too embarrassing for even a 12 year old first attempt at fanfic. I read that some of the actors couldn’t keep from laughing having to say their lines, and I honestly don’t blame them.
Also a big ugh at all of the ship names being mentioned in the episode, and on top of that the OTP caps.

The reactions of Klaine when they saw their moms dancing during ‘I’m So Excited’ were funny though, and it was also nice to see them dancing with their moms on ‘Heya’.
But how can it be that Blaine’s mom, Pam, and Carole hadn't even met before the wedding, even though Kurt and Blaine have known each other for 4+ years and were engaged a long time! And yet, Brittana somehow did know Blaine's mom well enough to invite her to her wedding, which makes no sense at all.
And not only that: the moms also all got matching dresses with the Troubletones for ‘Im So Excited’ (a song which they must have rehearsed or at least talked over the phone about, right?) but yet two of them didn't even know one another before the wedding and were not expecting their sons to get married so why would they be in the song in the first place! (unless everyone was in on the Klaine ambush plan)

Seeing the characters/cast members having fun in the background and on the dance floor was nice, and totally saved the episode for me.
I could watch this cast having fun or simply sitting together for hours: it sure would be better than what the writers give us each week.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2015, 4:54 pm

Another Klaine BTS video (apparently there will be three of them):

http://www.eonline.com/news/628953/chris-colfer-and-darren-criss-tease-klaine-s-future-on-glee-and-it-s-amazing-and-involves-a-kidnapping

I have to say that Chris and Blarren seem a lot more at ease in this video than the other BTS videos with them (which seems odd to me since this was filmed at the same time as the other one).

I like Chris' idea of having Blaine be kidnapped, and Kurt going to look for him like Homeland. And I would fully support Darren not having to go to work, and using someone with a bag over their head to represent Blaine Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 5:39 pm

Wow, a Klaine interview I actually liked.
Chris is a true storyteller: he's so full of ideas. Smile

And lol, at the thought of Blaine being kidnapped, so Darren can stay at home (as his body double would get a bag on his head) while Chris/Kurt gets to do all the action. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 6:14 pm

LMAO. ptdr  Harry Shum, ladies and gentleman, throwing shade bubgum like a boss : 

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkajr2z0Lb1tyn6cso1_1280
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/24/2015, 6:26 pm

Glorfindel wrote:LMAO. ptdr  Harry Shum, ladies and gentleman, throwing shade bubgum like a boss : 

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkajr2z0Lb1tyn6cso1_1280
x

ptdr I love Harry. Sometimes I believe he thinks like some fans, well actually I've the feeling most of the cast think "wtf is this soryline"
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 7:04 pm

Here's the youtube version of the 2nd BTS interview with Chris and Darren:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/24/2015, 8:55 pm

Here is the third video.

http://obnoxiousbookhugger.tumblr.com/post/111992900786/klaine-crisscolfer-608-bts-part-3-chris-colfer

Chris is hysterical in this like the last one. Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2015, 9:14 pm

The third one is a lot of Darren, but the parts when Chris speaks are pretty funny, especially the part when he talks about the demand for a picture. lol.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2015, 9:19 pm

Chris mouthing/joking silently "it's not true" when Darren says they are friends in real life is just too funny.

He's such a hoot in interviews.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 9:23 pm

^I think he said "we hate each other", lol.

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkatvkjgAZ1r91jaao2_500
x

I'm glad they get along on set.
But yeah, it's obvious they've limited their (public) interactions together because of the Kraken. Although I don't think they'd hang around much anymore after Glee (nor ever did outside of work).

The part with the tattoo and Mia saying "Now they're all going to get one" was funny too. Razz

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkavyhbpbF1u5btl5o2_500

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkavyhbpbF1u5btl5o1_500

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkavyhbpbF1u5btl5o3_500

6x08 "A Wedding" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 4 Tumblr_nkavyhbpbF1u5btl5o4_500
x

And lol, Darren and Chris being friendly, not only with each other but also with Mia, clearly blows the crisscolfer ship out of the waters.
Although I'm sure the tinhatters won't see it that way. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/24/2015, 9:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:And lol, Darren and Chris being friendly, not only with each other but also with Mia, clearly blows the crisscolfer ship out of the waters.
Although I'm sure the tinhatters won't see it that way.
Some people are still in denial even now. I saw some posts analyzing Chris and Darren's eye contact and tagging it "crisscolfer" and "crisscolfer is on", etc.

I love these interviews, these two are so funny with regards to Klaine and the fans. Also I love that Mia was there and was even heard speaking (I wasn't sure it was her, but people tagged it as her, so yay). This might be the last interview that Chris and Darren have focusing solely on Klaine, so here's to hoping people are happy with the vids and will stop pestering these two for a selfie (at least for a couple of days, anyway).
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2015, 9:51 pm

Chris looks so relaxed. coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2015, 9:54 pm

The irony of this is that if they hadn't written Klaine so horribly, but had allowed some air/room in the scripts for them to have some funny interaction, possibly with some more ad lib from Chris and Darren (like the elevator scene or the picture with the pitchfork), then they totally could have sold us a believable and loveable Klaine, even with Darren's bad acting.

Chris and Darren have more funny/friendly chemistry together in these 2 last interview videos (not so much in the first one though) than in 4 seasons of Klaine on Glee. Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/24/2015, 10:58 pm

Can't believe I'm saying this but I really like these interviews, reminds me interviews from season 2, though I'm not sure if they had many then. But what I mean is they were relaxed and were friendly to each other Smile. I'm sure tinhatters will have a wrong idea from this, what is sad, because I don't think are besties, but it proves when they get along as co-workers, they do. And btw love Chris indirectly comments to the fandom like the pictures/selfie and 'rivalry/dislike' issue Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 2/24/2015, 11:15 pm

I agree, Brisallie, reminds me of their Season 2 days and interviews and joking together.

Loved how they both jokingly shaded each other at times in the interview. neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/24/2015, 11:55 pm

The biggest problem is that Glee became a show about telling and not showing. It didn't let the characters evolve in a logical manner, or allow natural chemistry to evolve. It was about telling whatever funky or topical story they wanted to tell, and using the characters in whatever manner they wished to tell the stories. It is a pity that the showrunners and writers got so full of themselves, they allowed a show that once was topical and full of emotion to become the dreck that it became.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/25/2015, 6:40 am

With his reference to Homeland and Blaine being kidnapped, the person was tortured, so I don't think Darren has ever watched Homeland because he seemed oblivious.

Right there shows how Chris feels about Blaine. Razz

Probably would like to see Blaine tortured after the torture he put Kurt through for so many years. Twisted Evil
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next