[ 0 ]
40% 40% 
[ 4 ]
40% 40% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: 6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Buenos on 1/10/2015, 4:20 pm

TimeNetShow18-49 Rating/ShViewers (Millions)
8:00ABCLast Man Standing1.6/68.59
CBSUndercover Boss1.5/58.52
FOXGlee (8-10PM) - Season Premiere0.7/32.35
NBCGrimm - R0.5/22.42
CWHart Of Dixie - R0.2/10.66
8:30ABCCristela1.3/46.68
9:00ABCShark Tank1.9/67.70
CBSHawaii Five-01.5/511.29
NBCDateline1.1/45.57
CWWhose Line Is It Anyway - R0.2/10.66
9:30CWMasters of Illusion0.2/10.66
10:00CBSBlue Bloods1.4/512.63
ABC20/201.4/56.09
NBCCountdown to the Globes0.5/22.41

So next week Glee moves to only 9 PM Fridays...those other 3 shows have been on Friday the last couple of years and have their audience.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/10/2015, 4:31 pm

I can't find it now, but earlier I saw the numbers for each hour, and they lost about 20% of the viewers from the first to second hour.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/10/2015, 6:48 pm

Warning, this is going to be long. blushh

I'll admit: some of it felt like the old Glee again, it was great to see the chemistry of the old characters again. Seeing Will dance with his son was adorable, and even Vocal Adrenaline felt like a nostalgic throwback to season 1.
But even though I enjoyed this whiff of the old magic again, during the entire episode(s) there was this little voice screaming in my head “Nooo, what are you all doing at McKinley again? This isn’t right.” Evil or Very Mad

It was fun, but it was a farce.

It was a lazy repeat of things, with the same characters even, people who shouldn’t be anywhere near their old highschool anymore.
And tbh it was a bit cringeworthy and pathetic to see the original cast go through all this again, painfully fake-smiling away every characterisation and development their characters had after season 2 while still trying to look 19-20 and for the most part failing miserably (not even Chris looks that young anymore).

This actually could have been a good set-up in season 4, it would have worked well with Rachel being rejected from NYADA so she decides to coach the glee club till she can re-apply at NYADA again. But now it just looks forced, with the stale, rekindled (aka rehashed) rivalry between ND, Vocal Adrenaline, and oh dear God…the way too much “we’re all straight”(up your asses) Warblers.
Can Dalton just disappear please, including Blaine?   sw022

Having said that: I like the new kids, they are fresh and very talented. Roderick and Jane are convincing underdogs, and the twins are crack fun without being annoying (yet).  Not so sure about Spencer yet: he’s basically a straight passing bully. Mad
The tea party club scene with the old gang and the song ‘Home’ was when to me it felt like I was really watching the old Glee again. I even enjoyed evil Sue’s shenanigans, though her character is the Glee definition of rinse and repeat. And I’m always here for Chris, Lea, Jane and Matt acting opposite and with each other (now that felt like the old Glee again: if Chris’ physical growth wasn’t that obvious they could have put their scenes in season 1 without anyone noticing).

But mostly it all just left me cold. sleepp
Been there, done that, and although I’m sure the writers want nothing more than to forget about it (with them ‘transferring’ aka kicking out the 2.0 noobs) seasons 4 and 5 still cast their ugly shadows over this ‘new’ old Glee. That all still happened.

It also didn’t help that the introductions to the back-to-underdog-status of Rachel failed to make me sympathize with her. Rachel caused her own downfall, and though at the beginning of LLM she was rightfully humbled at first, the support squad always at her beck and call kicked in really fast with telling her how awesome she is, glossing over everything  she fucked up as a “loss” and “bad luck”, and doing most of the work for her to get her back on track.
And how ironic is it that Rachel then sings a complete inappropiate ‘Let it Go’ in an actual special snowflake dress. Rolling Eyes

As for Klaine: everything about the break-up seems rushed and shallow. They show one fight that lasts about a minute and “BOOM!”: ugly break-up, so the next hurdle (and no doubt dramatic reunion) for Klaine can begin. And “BOOM” to 6(?) months later, when Blaine drops the Blainofsky bomb on Kurt. So Kurt cries and looks a bit sad everytime he sees Blaine again, but that’s it.
Neither one talks to anyone else about it, not to Rachel, nor any of their other mutual friends or family (except for Brittany telling Kurt to throw away his clothes: has she seen how Blaine dresses?), not even a mention on how Blaine’s new love being Kurt’s old bully makes everything so, so much worse. They didn’t even mention that Dave was Kurt’s bully. 

But both Kurt and Blaine do mention in a throw-away line that they had therapy (off-screen of course), so I guess somehow that fixes it all, eh? Wow, such a dramatic and heartfelt lovestory. I don’t even know what to say anymore about the utter shit writing of this show. There’s no depth at all, no proper build-up, just contrived roadblocks. Evil or Very Mad

There’s no reason given why Kurt still stays in Lima after finding out that Blaine has moved on, or are we to believe Kurt made no new friends in New York at all, even though he was the only character in NY who was shown to actually have made several new friends there and clearly felt comfortable at NYADA. And basically the only explanation they give for Kurt wanting Blaine back is Kurt saying that “Blaine’s the love of my life”, and I just..……..why? When there’s nothing that happened in the last 2 seasons that showed me Blaine is derving of that love, let alone loves Kurt back (or more than he loves himself).

Chris does his best with trying to give at least some depth and meaning to the Klaine scenes, but Darren only makes things worse with his cringeworthy  ~acting. blinkk
All his upset/sad facial expressions come across as agressive and whining, and it’s taking me out of the scenes while not making me feel any sympathy with his character at all (not that I had much sympathy with him to begin with). 

Something I noticed:
Why would the first thing Blaine says after Kurt breaks up with him be “I’ll never forgive you for this”? Did the writers have Blaine specifically say that just to conveniently set up Kurt coming back to Lima to chase Blaine and beg him for forgiveness? :angry:
Forgiveness he shouldn't have to ask for in the first place, I might add. Plus Blaine saying he’ll never forgive Kurt is especially rich when he himself expected Kurt to forgive him immediately after he cheated on him. dryy

So, to sum up: ‘Loser Like Me’ had too much Blainchel (besides them singing basically everything they also were the only 2 regular characters shown in the first 10 minutes!), and a lot of explanatory, clunky dialogue that set up the back-to-Lima season in an extremely forced and manipulating way.
‘Homecoming’ was better, with the original cast being back, although without giving them any focus or development, but maybe that’s a blessing in disguise on this show. At least they came back for Homecoming this time, and not only to prop up the glee club (even when that was still all they ended up doing).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/10/2015, 7:22 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Rachel had the lowest rated television show of all time?  Could that be foreshadowing for what the Glee episodes this season? 
Probably. moque

RIB making meta fun of their own failing stopped being funny in season 3 when Kurt made the alpha-male comment.

Jellyrolls wrote:And damn Rachel for not going to Kurt right after hearing about the breakup.  He was the one who was always supporting and encouraging  you, and you sing with the whiny cheating attention whore.
This irritated me a lot too, although Rachel showed her being supportive of Kurt as well a few times.
Still, Rachel goes into hiding/seclusion for months and then doesn't call Kurt first after she comes back?

Jellyrolls wrote:Is it just me or has Darren's actor actually gotten worse?  Or maybe it's just because h didn't look as bad opposite the weaker actors he has been doing most of his acting against the past few years.
True, it was awful. Mad

His 'crying' in the break-up was horrible.
Darren just can't do drama. He's not even a decent actos on his best days, but imo he was exceptionally bad in these 2 episodes, and it was very jarring.

Tbh: when they showed Blaine 'crying' in bed I thought to myself: well, that was easy, all they had to do was lay Darren down on a bed, drip some water in the corner of his eye and tell him to blink.
Even Darren can handle that. moque

dimpledchris wrote:Even the Warblers scene happening right now... except for the girl Warbler part, their lines and looks are almost exactly the same as the Warblers of before. Oh, Glee. This sucks.
Seriously.
They had a 2.0 Asian Warbler, a 2.0 black guy, a 2.0 chubby guy, and a 2.0 guy with a curl in his hair (sorry, I don't know the Warblers' names), even a 2.0 Blaine(!), and at some point they were even sitting in the same places in the room!

Their lines were also almost identical as in season 2 (like "This house is built upon a foundation of lies!" vs. "This is a cangaroo court!").

I found the Warbler scenes among the worst of the episode(s). The writers went for OTT *winkwink*  throwback fun, but it was just cringeworthy.

Same with what they showed of 'The New Rachel'.
And what a 'coincidence' that of all copied characters in 'The New Rachel' a studio lamp happens to fall on 'Cert', right? Rolling Eyes

Jellyrolls wrote:This is what Kurt said:

We can't recreate what we had.  You have to be open to finding some new, or different, or better.

That comment is so Ryan sending a message to us for not loving his newbies.
Wow, you're right. I missed that.
He's really pissed about the audience not embracing the 2.0 noobs. But instead of owing up to his own shitty writing for them he makes meta comments to the few viewers left and kicked the noobs' actors out in a shamefull way.

fantastica wrote:sorry i didn't join you guys. mom wants to watch Prison Break on netflix. we are still in season 1 and it's very engaging. if anyone has the Kurt edit in a day or two please post it here. thank you!
Spoiler:

Here it is: link.
Beware: it's only up for 7 days.

-ETA-: Kurt edit 6x02: link.

TimF wrote:Omg that breakup flashback was on my tumblr dash and I just made a huge mistake in watching it.  Kurt came off as completely rational and Blaine's awful crying and OTT antics made it more funny than emotionally impactful.  Contrast that with the gifs of Kurt breaking down in the bathroom...Blarren looked so incredibly amateurish in comparison.  Glad I didn't watch the whole thing.
Ugh, Darren's acting really was the worst I've ever seen from him, and that's saying something. Evil or Very Mad

That break-up scene was like watching one of those commercials where they show the 'old/bad' in black&white alongside showing the 'new/good' in bright colors, going back and forth.
With Darren's acting as being b&w levels of bad, and Chris' subtle and multi-layered acting as being the real deal, of course.
moque

Ireth wrote:As expected, Chris acted well and looked good, and Kurt didn't deserve any of the horrible things happening to him. Seriously, where were his friends when he needed them? He's the one who always supports everyone else and they all forgot him and that six-month promise. Kurt crying in the Scandals bathroom and in Rachel's bedroom broke my heart.
^This.
Kurt has come through for every single person that made the promise to be at the rendevouz 6 months later, and they not only did not show up but didn't even bother to call him to cancel, when they knew he was living there.
Not even Artie, who also supposedly still lives in New York.

Btw: there's a nice Kadam fix-it-fic giving a lovely twist to that scene of Kurt standing alone: We met in the rain...  fanny2

brisallie wrote:With these numbers, will Glee get to the final episode?
I hope not. I hope it gets cancelled after next week. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/10/2015, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/10/2015, 7:28 pm

This was funny:

x

(Ironically one of the funniest things in the episodes, and it was accidental, with Dianna breaking character!)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/10/2015, 7:37 pm

Forgot about this:

What the f*ck did Kurt's therapist tell him? Something about men fighting as a way to stay connected. Like.....WHAT?  Shocked

And Blaine not ever having any problems with intimacy. Mad  No, that's why he jumped on a lighthouse 3 weeks after Kurt left for NY.

Did that therapist also tell Kurt to run far away from the abusive relationship he was in?
I bet not. dryy

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 1/10/2015, 9:51 pm

@Glorfindel, there are lot of awful therapists that give crap comments to only get rid of their patients, just happens that Kurt found one of them. And forgot to mention, I felt sad that he was the only who showed up six months after the promise, not even Artie got to the place, doesn't he live in NY?

Oh now you're speaking of Darren's acting, I don't like he squeezes his eyes and pouts his mouth when cries. Seems to me he's forcing himself to cry, or think that is a technique. No, is over the top.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 1/10/2015, 10:44 pm

brisallie wrote:And forgot to mention, I felt sad that he was the only who showed up six months after the promise, not even Artie got to the place, doesn't he live in NY?

I've said it before on tumblr and I'll say it again: NONE OF THEM DESERVE KURT. I've committed to watching the show with a detached air, but this still got to me and I could not let it go. So much for hummelberry being soulmates, and thanks for destroying the Kurt friendships I used to like, Glee.
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/11/2015, 12:13 am

Marie - thanks for the link!

i am glad i didn't watch the episodes live. it would be 2 hours i can't sit around.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 12:45 am

Still Have not watched the episodes. Still undecided. If I do end up watching the episodes ,it will for Chris Colfer and only for Chris Colfer and will fast forward a lot of the scenes. Will decide in a few days.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 12:49 am

dimpledchris wrote:
brisallie wrote:And forgot to mention, I felt sad that he was the only who showed up six months after the promise, not even Artie got to the place, doesn't he live in NY?

I've said it before on tumblr and I'll say it again: NONE OF THEM DESERVE KURT. I've committed to watching the show with a detached air, but this still got to me and I could not let it go. So much for hummelberry being soulmates, and thanks for destroying the Kurt friendships I used to like, Glee.

Very true. I agree. Not sure if I will end up watching this season,still have not watched my DVR recording of the 1st two episodes of the season.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 1/11/2015, 1:27 am

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Very true. I agree. Not sure if I will end up watching this season,still have not watched my DVR recording of the 1st two episodes of the season.

Don't bother. I've gathered that Kurt is humiliated (again), hurt (again) and is a doormat (again) for his so called 'friends'. Why would I put myself through watching this (even with Chris' stellar acting)? My favorite character deserves so much better - he won't get it.

*Off to read some fan fiction where the writers actually care about Kurt.*
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 1:40 am

bayth wrote:
ChrisColferFan1 wrote:Very true. I agree. Not sure if I will end up watching this season,still have not watched my DVR recording of the 1st two episodes of the season.

Don't bother. I've gathered that Kurt is humiliated (again), hurt (again) and is a doormat (again) for his so called 'friends'. Why would I put myself through watching this (even with Chris' stellar acting)? My favorite character deserves so much better - he won't get it.

*Off to read some fan fiction where the writers actually care about Kurt.*

Good advice . Totally agree about Fan Fiction.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/11/2015, 2:31 am

One of the things that was interesting was Chris acting choices for the Breakup scene in the NY restaurant.   If the Director guided/ nudged him  that way or  not, I got the impression that Kurt was on his last nerve by the time Blaine showed up.  It seemed like the culmination of tension building between them and Kurt exploded accordingly.  The way he spit out that living with Blaine was "exhausting". 

A cold and snarky angry Kurt is a sight to behold.  

I wouldn't want to cross him. phr34r
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 1/11/2015, 3:19 am

Glorfindel wrote:Forgot about this:

What the f*ck did Kurt's therapist tell him? Something about men fighting as a way to stay connected. Like.....WHAT?  Shocked

And Blaine not ever having any problems with intimacy. Mad  No, that's why he jumped on a lighthouse 3 weeks after Kurt left for NY.

Did that therapist also tell Kurt to run far away from the abusive relationship he was in?
I bet not. dryy

I thought the therapist line was very poor point. I might understand if one of Kurt's friends had said something stupid like that. But as it has been noticed by previous comments: Kurt doesn't seem to have any friends anymore.

This "intimacy" idea they keep circling around, ie. sex because they cannot say it on Glee, is painting Kurt again as this fridgid, uptight character who should just relax more and understand Blaine more. Let the man be with his manly desires.

After thinking about specifically Kurt for awhile now, after seeing the episode, I don't understand him anymore. His character is the only one whos staying in Lima makes absolutely no sense at all.

And I think I've wondered this from ages ago: why aren't we shown why Kurt loves Blaine. Or vice a versa for that matter. I cannot for a second give these idiot writers the benefit of a doubt because they can't even try to explain Klaine "love".
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 1/11/2015, 4:36 am

Goodness, sometimes I really do wish I had a pair of Klainer goggles, then maybe I'd understand why everything is Kurt's fault, and Blaine is just a precious misunderstood woobie that Kurt's never properly appreciated. Some of the Klainer BS I've seen on tumblr tonight (accidently - I don't go looking for it) just boggles the mind. Apparently even Blaine using Dave is OK, because Kurt deserves to be properly humbled. Dave is just collateral damage, but somehow that doesn't make Blaine a complete asshole. What?

I'll just never get it blinkk .
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 4:52 am

angelnessa wrote:Goodness, sometimes I really do wish I had a pair of Klainer goggles, then maybe I'd understand why everything is Kurt's fault, and Blaine is just a precious misunderstood woobie that Kurt's never properly appreciated. Some of the Klainer BS I've seen on tumblr tonight (accidently - I don't go looking for it) just boggles the mind. Apparently even Blaine using Dave is OK, because Kurt deserves to be properly humbled. Dave is just collateral damage, but somehow that doesn't make Blaine a complete asshole. What?

I think most if not all of them are fans of Darren Criss. I do wonder if  Chris was planing Blaine and Darren was playing Kurt,with the same storylines would they  still feel that  everything is Kurt's fault?I somehow doubt it.

Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/11/2015, 4:53 am

I just decided I am not going to watch my DVR recording of 1st two episodes season.

ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/11/2015, 5:58 am

Glorfindel wrote:

Btw: there's a nice Kadam fix-it-fic giving a lovely twist to that scene of Kurt standing alone: We met in the rain...  fanny2

Thanks! If only the writers/RIB actually cared about Kurt...

valkeakuulas wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Forgot about this:

I bet not. dryy

I thought the therapist line was very poor point. I might understand if one of Kurt's friends had said something stupid like that. But as it has been noticed by previous comments: Kurt doesn't seem to have any friends anymore.

This "intimacy" idea they keep circling around, ie. sex because they cannot say it on Glee, is painting Kurt again as this fridgid, uptight character who should just relax more and understand Blaine more. Let the man be with his manly desires.

After thinking about specifically Kurt for awhile now, after seeing the episode, I don't understand him anymore. His character is the only one whos staying in Lima makes absolutely no sense at all.

And I think I've wondered this from ages ago: why aren't we shown why Kurt loves Blaine. Or vice a versa for that matter. I cannot for a second give these idiot writers the benefit of a doubt because they can't even try to explain Klaine "love".

I really don't get that therapist quote...are they seriously implying that Kurt has intimacy issues so he fought to stay connected with Blaine, but Blaine isn't afraid of intimacy so all that fighting drove him away? vomir

Kurt is the one who always has heartfelt discussions with others, he's the one who had "warm milk lady chats" with Finn, who was so happy to find someone he could connect to who understood him (when Blaine was first introduced), who told Blaine to talk to him when he was going through something. Blaine is the one who tried to cover up existing issues with showy declarations of love, being aggressive and being passive-aggressive towards Kurt ("Tested", "Dance With Somebody", "Love Love Love"). But Kurt is the one afraid of intimacy and Blaine isn't????
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 1/11/2015, 8:22 am

2 observations from someone who has not watched the episode and only saw gifs on tumblr (jeez, I am talking about myself in third person now...)

- Ignoring all content, Chris looks amazing! And even without seeing the scenes, his acting and talent simply oozes out of the gifs. The scene in the rain and the umbrella??? I really, really hope some amazing Kurtbastian gif artists really use this scene like hell. Because I really don't care for the content, but Chris just looked ethereal. Heck, maybe someone needs to write a fic with Kurt being a guardian angel or whatever.

- Based on gifs again, the Newbies actually look promising. But well, they look like new, unique and interesting character. Also the actors they are hired are once again people who most certainly face discrimination in other casting processes. Who would have thought those characters would work, while the last Newbie-batch was a mix of incredible beautiful teens who are cardboard copies of the originals??! What a surprise/sarcasm. On that note, with this new bunch and better storylines, I am even inclined to believe S4 could have worked. I mean it was always actually rather easy: a) have a very diverse and unique and NEW set of characters who are actually (!!!!) outcasts; and b) don't dismiss the NYC side. Give them equal storytime, and heck, I believe Glee could actually reinvent itself and eventually "retire" the old cast and have a looooong life beyond the originals. The potential was always there. RIB just failed in a dramatic fashion.

Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 1/11/2015, 9:04 am

I have finally succumbed to the temptation of Chris's acting. Thanks, Ireth, for the gifs that finally made me decide to watch the (kurtedits of the) season 6 premiere. Seeing Kurt break down in the restroom is painful, but part of me is cheering because that is some really fantastic acting that Chris is allowed to show there. With the same mentality as brisallie, I find that I don't mind watching the scenes if I watch it as a non-fan of the show. Disregard the plot, the lack of continuity, the dialogue, the character ruination and everything else except the sight of Chris working his magic in crafting Kurt into the only sympathetic and three-dimensional character on Glee, and I find that I can actually still find some enjoyment in it.

Due to the downside of watching just snippets of the episodes, I really can't comment much on the newbies at all; though the comments I'm reading are actually making me quite curious to watch them.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/11/2015, 12:19 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

- Ignoring all content, Chris looks amazing! And even without seeing the scenes, his acting and talent simply oozes out of the gifs. The scene in the rain and the umbrella??? I really, really hope some amazing Kurtbastian gif artists really use this scene like hell. Because I really don't care for the content, but Chris just looked ethereal. Heck, maybe someone needs to write a fic with Kurt being a guardian angel or whatever.

Waiting for the rain to stop…
x

Smile
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/11/2015, 1:25 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:I thought the therapist line was very poor point. I might understand if one of Kurt's friends had said something stupid like that. But as it has been noticed by previous comments: Kurt doesn't seem to have any friends anymore.
- He has Elliot, Dani, Isabelle and Maggie at the retirement home. Plus he's friendly with the guys from fight class and he seems to do fine at NYADA.
- Kurt still works at the diner where we've seen him chat with the other waiters and waitresses, and maybe he's still at Vogue, who knows.
- And let's not forget that Artie is studying in New York as well, while Tina is at Brown and Quinn at Yale.
- You could even speculate that after Kurt broke up with Blaine he'd contact Adam again (if Adam still was in New York), or at least some of the Apples.

Kurt has enough friends in New York and/or places to go to that bind him there (NYADA, Vogue, the diner, the retirement home), but RIB conveniently forgot about all that, so now Kurt just misses his old, crappy friends who have all abandoned him (FCS: Rachel didn't even know he and Blaine broke up 3-4 months after it happened!).
And in order to be with his shitty 'friends' he moves back to hellhole, homophobic Lima, Ohio, for an entire year.
It's stupid. rentine

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
angelnessa wrote:Goodness, sometimes I really do wish I had a pair of Klainer goggles, then maybe I'd understand why everything is Kurt's fault, and Blaine is just a precious misunderstood woobie that Kurt's never properly appreciated. Some of the Klainer BS I've seen on tumblr tonight (accidently - I don't go looking for it) just boggles the mind. Apparently even Blaine using Dave is OK, because Kurt deserves to be properly humbled. Dave is just collateral damage, but somehow that doesn't make Blaine a complete asshole. What?

I think most if not all of them are fans of Darren Criss. I do wonder if  Chris was planing Blaine and Darren was playing Kurt,with the same storylines would they  still feel that  everything is Kurt's fault?I somehow doubt it.
Of course not. Klainers gonna Klaine, and a lot of them are hypocrites, not so much with Klaine goggles on, but with Blaine/Darren goggles on.

Darren tweeted some stuff after the episode, like "Gotcha, hahaha" after someone tweeted him that they were upset about Blainofsky, and saying he had so much fun with Chris while shooting the break-up scene (and lol: tagging Chris in that tweet, when he didn't congratulate him on twitter for his PCA win).
If Chris had tweeted something similar they'd be all over him and would have villified him. But those same Klainers being mad at Darren?..... nope, he's just so 'funny' and cute.

So it's not just the fictional characters Kurt and Blaine that are treated differently when it comes to a lot of Klainers, but the actors portraying them too.
(not that I want any fan sending hate to any of the actors of course)

To bring all this fandom talk back to the episode:
I believe that double standard of the Klainers is also part of why Klaine is so imbalanced and unhealthy: because RIB have listened to those Klainers, and even though Blaine is an asshole who never apologizes they still write Kurt now as the one needing Blaine's forgiveness and begging him to come back. Because that's what the loud Klainers have been screaming and tweeting them.

Ireth wrote:Kurt is the one who always has heartfelt discussions with others, he's the one who had "warm milk lady chats" with Finn, who was so happy to find someone he could connect to who understood him (when Blaine was first introduced), who told Blaine to talk to him when he was going through something. Blaine is the one who tried to cover up existing issues with showy declarations of love, being aggressive and being passive-aggressive towards Kurt ("Tested", "Dance With Somebody", "Love Love Love"). But Kurt is the one afraid of intimacy and Blaine isn't????
Kurt had no problems whatsoever to have Carol and Finn move in when it had been him taking care of his dad for appr. 10 years alone.
He also had no problem with Sam moving in the Hudmels home for a year(!), and though he rightfully had a problem with Sam freeloading on the NY loft's couch for months he never had a fight with Sam himself.

And most importantly: Kurt managed to live with Rachel and later Santana in the loft rather peacefully (it was Rachel and Santana who were fighting) for more than a year, when both ladies are rather..... let's say 'high maintenance'. Rolling Eyes

But Kurt can't manage to live with the "love of his life" for longer than 2 months twice!

Tell me again why Klaine are soulmates?  beam

Lottie2303 wrote:- Based on gifs again, the Newbies actually look promising. But well, they look like new, unique and interesting character. Also the actors they are hired are once again people who most certainly face discrimination in other casting processes. Who would have thought those characters would work, while the last Newbie-batch was a mix of incredible beautiful teens who are cardboard copies of the originals??! What a surprise/sarcasm. On that note, with this new bunch and better storylines, I am even inclined to believe S4 could have worked. I mean it was always actually rather easy: a) have a very diverse and unique and NEW set of characters who are actually (!!!!) outcasts; and b) don't dismiss the NYC side. Give them equal storytime, and heck, I believe Glee could actually reinvent itself and eventually "retire" the old cast and have a looooong life beyond the originals. The potential was always there. RIB just failed in a dramatic fashion.
This whole concept with these new, fresh noobs, could have worked very well in season 4. They could have had Rachel accept her choked audition and stay in Lima for a while untill she could re-apply at NYADA.
Blaine could have transferred back to Dalton as he said he only transferred to McKinley for Kurt (blegh).

But that would have meant giving Kurt success over Rachel, and a NY narrative based on him, Santana and whoever else they wanted to move there.
And we can't have that, now can we? Rolling Eyes

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/11/2015, 1:30 pm

Maybe because they seem more like just comic relief but I do like the Cheerio twins among the Newbies.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips on 1/11/2015, 4:04 pm

> Gotta say I really liked the newbies alot. The twins are creepy, weird and funny. Roderick, I love alot especially his voice and his inner monologue was interesting. Jane is quite determined for sure. Spencer, I liked because he was frank about where he stood and he does not seem like if he can be easily swayed. Such a waste of potentially good characters to be introduced at this late stage. So the showrunners also get that a part of the show's appeal was not only in seeing the originals but getting interesting newbies. One cannot help but feel that they were pitching for additional time for Glee. But that door has been shut by the abysmal ratings.

>I loved Chris' performance. I felt Kurt's frustration and resentment of Blaine because Blaine was still caught up in the planning for the wedding while Kurt was looking at the true state of their relationship. Kurt crying in the bathroom killed me, especially over a douche who moved on with his ex-bully. Yikes. Even taking Karofsky as reformed does not make Blaine dating him ok.

>Blainofsky is just creepy. Plus, it is obvious that Dave is more invested and for me that makes Blaine more of a douche. And on a point of order, Blaine speaks about going to therapy. Would not same therapist have a problem with Blaine dating a guy who bullied his ex and then they got together while speaking about said ex. blinkk vomit2 Help me here.

>There were times that Darren was acting out scenes and it was almost like if he was given different directions from the other actors ...be more dramatic. It was offsetting since it seemed like if I was given being asked to sympathize with Blaine but I really could not because he seemed over the top.

I love you Chris, I continue to watch Glee, until the awful end, for your acting prowess and your perfect ass. wub Thank you, perverts in the costuming department rooots

[img][/img]
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top