Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Lottie2303
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
valkeakuulas
Buenos
bayth
fantastica
Glorfindel
mindschemez
opals
TimF
dimpledchris
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What did you think of the episodes ?

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap40%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap40%6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 10

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel 1/11/2015, 6:05 pm

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhzjctXJVb1s5yr3ro1_500
gleeksandtheirconfessions.tumblr

This reminded me that I wanted to mention earlier that indeed the voice-over Kurt had in the Scandals scene was unnecessary imo.
Chris said everything with his facial expressions alone.

In fact: the voice-over distracted me a bit from seeing first hand what Kurt was going through thanks to Chris' stellar acting.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  dimpledchris 1/11/2015, 6:56 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
This reminded me that I wanted to mention earlier that indeed the voice-over Kurt had in the Scandals scene was unnecessary imo.
Chris said everything with his facial expressions alone.

In fact: the voice-over distracted me a bit from seeing first hand what Kurt was going through thanks to Chris' stellar acting.

Agreed on this. His facial expressions said it all. That "please don't say Sebastian Smythe" line was cute though, just for the fact that kurtbastian shippers clung onto that line and spun it to their (our) favor.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 1/11/2015, 7:35 pm

-I like the new newbies as well. They have personality and are unique, unlike the s4 newbies. And I must admit, I'm rather (and possibly immaturely) tickled by these ones being better received than s4 and s4 newbies nowhere to be found, as I may have resentment for how that all went down.

-There were definitely glimpses of old glee, but we're just too far gone form those times for it to resonate or be meaningful. It's like, I see what you're doing...nice attempt...but it's too little too late and can't recapture the magic that was season 1 no matter how hard they try.

-I'm a little bothered that Rachel's tossing away of her Broadway role wasn't talked about as part of her downfall (unless I missed it). It was all about this tv show. I was like, who cares about this tv show? What about your dream that was thrown away?

-I noticed that they filmed a little differently and had some different cinematography moments. It was kind of cool. I liked it.

-It goes without saying, but Chris nailed his parts. His acting, facial expressions, and reactions were spot on and then some.

The sad part while watching, though, was how detached I felt watching Glee. I've been fan through and through. But all these events were happening in the show, and I was just viewing, rather than investing. Even the sad Kurt scenes and Chris' acting. It was more of a cognitive experience...I recognized how great and emotionally expressive it was, but I wasn't affected like I may have been in seasons past (I still can't watch The Break Up, for instance).  I think I've finally reached that point of indifference. Very strange.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/11/2015, 8:22 pm

The incest Cheerio twins remind so much of choir kids in my school.    They weren't  so  much outcasts and misfits as they are portrayed in Glee, but just incredibly peppy theatre/performance  type kids involved in their own little word.  

The "Up with People" reference killed me... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/11/2015, 8:38 pm

The incest Cheerio twins remind me of those siblings on High School Musical, only toned down. It was the "Flowers in the Attic" comment that cracked me up.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/11/2015, 11:41 pm

@Buenos and dimpledchris, I love the incest twins and all the references they made. And hopefully they keep this sort of creepy characteristic they have, because I love it. And I keep insisting is sad these characters, along with the other noobs 2-0, were introduced so late.

I agree this could have been potential in season 4. BUT RIB are the winners when it comes to ruin good things.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/12/2015, 12:04 am

I'm taking these two hours in a couple of doses, so as to not hurt my brain.  My impressions.

Sue would do really well in a woman's prison.  Her getting free labor from a prison is quite true for her character.   Blaine only wears plaid.  I guess the more his eyebrows go down is an indication of how bad he is feeling.  Kurt wears only really tight pants (which is a good thing).  Mr. Schue and babies are a good thing, also.  Vocal Adrenaline should win simply because they worked in unison, instead of it being about the choir being back up singers.  Why is Mr. Schue acting disappointed?  Because the singers aren't being selfish enough.  Dressing Rachel as a school girl, after what, 2 years of her dressing like a hooker-in-training doesn't really work.  (sorry, feeling mean right now, boy that girl gets propped up by EVERYONE WHEN IT'S HER OWN F$#&ING FAULT.)   Deep breath.  The cats in the wagon were cute.  A fat Kurt, excuse me.  So everyone else is a facsimile of her friends, but Surt? is a direct opposite.  The budget is really low, because they didn't even put the desk in the superintendents office in the set up.  How would Rachel make money from a show, one episode, that could support the Glee club.  As a new performer she would not be upper tier in what she makes an episode.  Reality, what was I thinking.   Friendship is only important if Rachel is the focus, screw anyone else.  Blaine wasn't afraid of intimacy, he's not afraid of grandpa pants either.  Blaine was the best thing that ever happened to Kurt, well as compared to his mother dying young, being crowned Queen of the Prom, and his ex getting together with his ex-bully.  Sue threatens people with pencil shaving, and tried to one up Kurt's legendary "You smell like Craigs list."  Finally, not that I want to go back to the beginning, but didn't Blaine say he broke up 6 weeks ago.  And he is already seriously dating someone else.  You would think if Kurt broke his heart he might need a little more time.  

I look forward to the new noobs, but I will save that for tomorrow.  I have had enough Rachel and Blaine chewing the scenery, and Sue venting her bile.  Even if she does it well.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/12/2015, 4:33 am

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_ni1cuh4tWT1tgney8o2_500

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_ni1cuh4tWT1tgney8o1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/13/2015, 11:21 am

Here, have some pretty:

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako8_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako2_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako3_250

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako5_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako6_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako1_250

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako10_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako9_250  6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nhy5tavW7v1r295ako4_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/13/2015, 11:53 pm

I am watching Loser Like Me and I am happy that Kurt is going to work for a year at the retirement home were he did Peter Pan and it will be something he wrote on The Real Housewives, so this is probably his goal to write and direct his own productions. neutre 

But what annoys me about this that is taken from Chris's life again as Chris planning on doing this as far as we know and has done with SBL.  dryy 

And his love for The Real Housewives does not worry me as this is a harmless dig at his love for those shows.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/14/2015, 12:34 am

Loser Like Me was to me quite boring.

Chris kept me watching, but I was close to closing the player when we had too much Blainchel.

Beiste was funny, but Dot Marie can do comedy as well as drama really well.

Kurt is lonely is what I am seeing, and probably him visiting the retirement home he sees many that have no-one and is probably scared that will be him someday.

I am sure this is the residue effects of the bashing when no-one came to help him. Not that they would suggest that.

And no-one turning up outside the loft when Kurt did was heartbreaking.

The episode was too rushed and forced. As they were trying to force the audience to feel sorry for Rachel, but she had people there for her.

Kurt had no-one.

And I bet Elliott and Dani were scared off by Chris's so called friends, why we no longer hear about them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/14/2015, 2:27 am

I love the newbies, they should have had them during Season 4.

Homecoming was way better than Loser Like Me.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/14/2015, 1:01 pm

Finally watched the last hour, which was much better. Too bad they didn't introduce Jane and Roderick in a previous season, because they were great. They didn't feel like a 2.0 version of anyone, Jane especially had some (kind of gawky) moves. Both had great voices. I fastforwarded when Rachel and Blaine sang (again and again) because I am so freaking tired of her, but I actually thought the second hour was pretty good. If they had done this two years ago, instead of handing Rachel and Blaine everything, and the whole crap of season 3 of Loss for Kurt, I could see this show going on. But people aren't going to come back to this show, it's just the people who have hung on because of personal loyalty watching this. Which is why they still give Blaine the cushy story. He loses Kurt and NYADA, but then very comfortably settles into Warblerdom, and his new BearBeau Karofsky because the Blainers need to have their golden boy be the center of his own universe. Yawn.

Didn't need to see Becky again, because this show has enough bitches. Other than Sam's stupid comment to Mercedes, he does do better when outside of Blaine's influence. I liked when he decided to blow the minds of the Tea Party Club (only in Sue's world) with the Lesbian Liaison. Poor Tina, always the afterthought. This show may have helped bring light to the gay side of America, but it did zero for the Asian. And where is Mike? I miss his joyful dancing. We got enough panty shots of the Cheerios, why not some goodness for the ladies.

Kurt looked fabulous in every scene, loved his lower register, but I just love his voice period.

There was a nice return to the little do-do-do-do back ground stuff. It was nice to have actual choreographed dance routines instead of all the bobbing around, and running from one side of the stage to the other. Why didn't Glee do this in season 3? Even though I love Kurt to death, I could have really liked Roderick and Jane, and probably would have stayed with Glee if he had moved on. People objected to having their favorites replaced with inferior (but well meaning) copies, what we wanted is what we loved about Glee in the first place, unique originals. Not that I want Kurt to leave, but if he had, he would never have married Blaine, so kind of a silver lining. It's not like he got a lot of singing since Season 3.

But I can state I look forward to seeing Jane and Roderick duet, both have strong rich voices. Good stuff.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/15/2015, 12:45 am

I thought I would hate Spencer, but I do think he does respect Kurt in some ways. neutre 

And I do think he does want to join the Glee Club, but is afraid to because of what Kurt went through. He is brave and tough, but maybe he thinks he isn't as tough as Kurt was.

He probably has heard how Kurt was treated.

I adore Roderick and Jane, and the twins are so strange but likeable.

Kurt has grown in such confidence and he really is a better director than Rachel.

Mustang Sally just blew me away.

Tightrope was amazing. But I could have done without the Warblers 2.0's. dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/15/2015, 2:45 pm

Other than Jane, the Warblers dragged down the episode.  And what the hell was that 50 year old man playing a Warbler, as well as all the  30 somethings in that Dalton room, it was downright creepy. phr34r

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Glee602-00025
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/15/2015, 3:30 pm

Buenos wrote:Other than Jane, the Warblers dragged down the episode.  And what the hell was that 50 year old man playing a Warbler, as well as all the  30 somethings in that Dalton room, it was downright creepy. phr34r

Mabye they were trying to make Darren look younger (since Blaine would only be about 15 months out of high school at this point).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/30/2015, 8:03 am

Some Klainers bought the script for 6x01. Look at what they left out of the episode:

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nm0qy1lAew1rq9ihbo1_500
So RIB did read tumblr and the forums, where many people said that Kurt was manipulated into saying "yes" at Blaine's proposal.
I guess they didn't include it in the episode because it not only makes Blaine look bad but Burt as well.

I'm not sure what to think of this: on the one hand it's good they finally acknowledged how Kurt was manipulated into the engagement.
But otoh they just can't simply get away with this by correcting it long after they wrote it exactly like it was and weren't bothered by it at all back then, as all they wanted in the first place was that stupid grand romantic gesture of Blaine singing 'All You Need is Love', Kurt's feelings or any continuity/build up be damned. dryy

At the end of that scene, when Blaine starts crying and says "I'll never forgive you for this!" there was also in the script that he then says: "I hate you. I hate you."
'Soulmates', ladies and gentlemen. Rolling Eyes

And also this:
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_nm075awRvk1r8whwc_500
I'm sure RIB didn't want to remind the viewers after all that their precious Blainey-days was dating Kurt's bully who threatened to kill him.  :angry:

More stuff from the script might be posted here: http://theboxscene.tumblr.com/

-ETA-
And lol, of course the Klainers are now screaming that "It isn't canon!!!11!!1!!!", when they always claimed that the cut box scene was canon to them. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/30/2015, 9:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:Some Klainers bought the script for 6x01. Look at what they left out of the episode:

6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nm0qy1lAew1rq9ihbo1_500
So RIB did read tumblr and the forums, where many people said that Kurt was manipulated into saying "yes" at Blaine's proposal.
I guess they didn't include it in the episode because it not only makes Blaine look bad but Burt as well.

I'm not sure what to think of this: on the one hand it's good they finally acknowledged how Kurt was manipulated into the engagement.
But otoh they just can't simply get away with this by correcting it long after they wrote it exactly like it was and weren't bothered by it at all back then, as all they wanted in the first place was that stupid grand romantic gesture of Blaine singing 'All You Need is Love', Kurt's feelings or any continuity/build up be damned. dryy

At the end of that scene, when Blaine starts crying and says "I'll never forgive you for this!" there was also in the script that he then says: "I hate you. I hate you."
'Soulmates', ladies and gentlemen. Rolling Eyes

And also this:
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_nm075awRvk1r8whwc_500
I'm sure RIB didn't want to remind the viewers after all that their precious Blainey-days was dating Kurt's bully who threatened to kill him.  :angry:

More stuff from the script might be posted here: http://theboxscene.tumblr.com/

-ETA-
And lol, of course the Klainers are now screaming that "It isn't canon!!!11!!1!!!", when they always claimed that the cut box scene was canon to them. moque

$15 for a part of a script to a show that is finished.

Well, these scripts are interesting and shows how correct the Kurt fandom was all this time.

I am waiting for Brad or Ian to come out and admit Klaine was toxic and that Blaine was bad all along.

RIB have nothing to lose as I see no excitement from the Klainers for his new show Scream Queens so they really have nothing to lose.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/30/2015, 10:28 am

I saw the full script last night and it does make a lot of what happened afterwards make some kind of sense. First, Blaine dating Dave. That was pure spite on his part. Not that he moved on after Kurt ended their engagement, though he was more than free to do so. But it was with who he decided to do it with and how quickly he did it. He selected someone that Kurt had a long and troubled history with. Even though Dave is certainly reformed, Blaine knew what kind of signal he'd be sending Kurt.

Then there was how Blaine revealed to Kurt that he was dating Dave. Kurt asked for a meeting and right after Kurt admits that he wanted to try to reconcile, Dave just happens to show up? That was in no way an accident. The whole thing was staged specifically to shock and hurt Kurt as much as possible. I don't blame Dave for that stunt, because he has no reason to want to cause Kurt pain at this point. But Blaine? Especially after feeling humiliated that Kurt ended their engagement (which prompted him to flunk out of NYADA)? Most definitely.

This full scene would have definitely changed the entire tone of the Klaine relationship that season. It would have cemented that Kurt's misgivings about getting engaged when they did were correct and that he was more than justified in ending things. But that would have derailed the planned storyline of Blaine being the one that the audience would sympathize with, so the lines about Kurt feeling pressured and manipulated (both valid even if Blaine had not consciously meant his proposal to come across in such a manner) and Blaine hating Kurt had to be removed. Still, Kurt still ended up being the figure that the audience seemed to sympathize with, due primarily to Chris's excellent acting (which put Kurt's feeling on full display) and Darren's usual crap "acting" (which only ended of emphasizing Blaine's childish and deliberately hurtful retaliation for what it was).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/30/2015, 12:19 pm

Just shows we should be thankful we only got 13 episodes.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/7/2015, 9:12 pm

Just found this on tumblr and think is beautiful
6x01x02 "Loser Like Me/Homecoming" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_nlsmohM4Ig1ql2f46o1_500
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5