Re: Land of Stories 4

Post  ColferInspired on 4/9/2015, 11:00 pm

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 4/9/2015, 11:01 pm

^ So jealous of people who get to come to his signings. I would love to take myself and my niece to one, but unless Chris does a TLOS world tour or something then I live vicariously through other people's accounts.
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/9/2015, 11:56 pm

dimpledchris wrote:^ So jealous of people who get to come to his signings. I would love to take myself and my niece to one, but unless Chris does a TLOS world tour or something then I live vicariously through other people's [url=#]accounts[/url].

I am the same, so I know how you feel. :(
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2015, 4:00 am

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/10/2015, 12:57 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/10/2015, 1:35 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Great cover.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/10/2015, 1:52 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Love it. And I'm excited that stories such as Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland will be introduced in this book Smile

On twitter is been commented that Connor has Chris's hairstyle lol

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2015, 4:35 pm

Bigger picture:

@chriscolfer Introducing The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms! Alex and Conner’s first adventure into worlds of literature!

ccn

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris on 4/10/2015, 7:47 pm

So many characters I like: Peter Pan AND Robin Hood AND Merlin?

I'm so happy and I need this NOW

dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/10/2015, 10:55 pm

I cannot wait to get this book. hola
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2015, 11:27 pm

I love that Chris is expanding the Land of Stories outside of the fairytale world.  wub
It will prevent the books from becoming repetitive, as the TLoS fairytale land is relatively small with only a limited amount of characters in it (plus everyone's also basically linked together via family and/or history), and there's only so many adventures you can have take place there.

It will be nice to explore new territory and meet new characters.
So a 'real' Land of Oz lies somewhere beyond the borders of the known kingdoms, and maybe Alex and Connor will also go down a rabbit's hole into Alice's Wonderland. And there's a Neverland and a Camelot somewhere too. A whole new world for Alex and Connor to go on another quest in.

Chris is also very clever as he has already introduced some characters of these books/stories that will be part of TLoS4, when Alex had her dream in TLoS2 (The Enchantress Returns) and talked to Alice, Wendy, Dorothy, and Lucy (of those 4 girls only Lucy from Narnia doesn't seem to have her world/story displayed on the TLoS4 cover now).
I wonder if that was mere coincidence, or if Chris already knew back then that he would expand the Land of Stories world further if he got the chance.

I can't wait! panik

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 4/11/2015, 11:24 am

so excited for this new book! the cover looks good as usual. nice blue color theme.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 4/11/2015, 12:28 pm

Wow, love this cover! And love that he's expanding to other fictional worlds (Oz, Wonderland and Neverland I believe)...now we're going to read even more exciting adventures Smile

And haha Conner has Chris' hairstyle.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/11/2015, 4:16 pm

A few spoilers:

Spoiler:
Fairy tales are just the beginning.

The Masked Man is on the loose in the Land of Stories, and it’s up to Alex and Conner Bailey to stop him…except Alex has been thrown off the Fairy Council, and no one will believe they’re in danger.

With only the help of the ragtag group of Goldilocks, Jack, Red Riding Hood, and Mother Goose and her gander, Lester, the Bailey twins discover the Masked Man’s secret scheme: He possesses a powerful magic potion that turns every book it touches into a portal, and he is recruiting an army of literature’s greatest villains!

So begins a race through the magical Land of Oz, the fantastical world of Neverland, the madness of Wonderland, and beyond. Can Alex and Conner catch up to the Masked Man, or will they be one step behind until it’s too late?

Fairy tales and classic stories collide in the fourth adventure in the bestselling Land of Stories series as the twins travel beyond the kingdoms!
The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms - Hachette Book Group

I'm very excited about this, as it will mix even more fairytale and now also literature characters together, and that's one of the things I love most about TLoS: how all the different stories and loose ends come together in the end and forms one big story.
hiphopa

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/11/2015, 10:58 pm

hrhchriscolfer Audiobook time. #TLOS4

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/12/2015, 10:39 pm

The Land Of Stories, Beyond The Kingdoms Is already the Number two Bestseller in Children’s Books and Number one Bestseller in Science Fiction and Fantasy On Amazon.
X   X
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/14/2015, 9:06 am

I just ordered 2 copies of TLoS4 at Barnes & Noble, because they offer an B&N Exclusive Edition  panik , which has an extra chapter in the book:

"The Night Shift", which tells the tale of Belvedere Castle in Central Park, and the unexplained strange things that happen there.

This exclusive edition is a bit more expensive ($13,25 instead of $10,22) but it does have that extra chapter, so..... neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 4/14/2015, 10:03 am

Glorfindel wrote:I just ordered 2 copies of TLoS4 at Barnes & Noble, because they offer an B&N Exclusive Edition  panik , which has an extra chapter in the book:

"The Night Shift", which tells the tale of Belvedere Castle in Central Park, and the unexplained strange things that happen there.

This exclusive edition is a bit more expensive ($13,25 instead of $10,22) but it does have that extra chapter, so..... neutre

I just ordered from B&N too. TLOS4 is already #13 in their bestselling children's books Smile .
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/14/2015, 3:56 pm

Glorfindel wrote:I just ordered 2 copies of TLoS4 at Barnes & Noble, because they offer an B&N Exclusive Edition  panik , which has an extra chapter in the book:

That sounds great. Do you have the ISBN for the edition so we can keep an eye for it in other, outside US, bookstores and retailers.

Edit: I found it. It was under a menu thingy. ISBN for the edition 9780316347112
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M on 4/14/2015, 11:57 pm

angelnessa wrote:

I just ordered from B&N too. TLOS4 is already #13 in their bestselling children's books Smile .

TLOS4 continues to do well on pre-sales. On B&N, it is up to #4 on the children's lists and #29 overall. WOW! Smile
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 4/15/2015, 1:12 am

this guy can SELL!

i am going to wait a bit to see if there are OTHER exclusive editions around. gosh if they get used to this "exclusive edition" thing and start coming out w/ multiple editions for all his books i would be broke! Smile
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/15/2015, 6:20 am

Apparently when I ordered my TLoS4 books yesterday the exclusive edition had just been added by B&N, which was purely coincidental on my part (I reported about it here about half a day before the news of the exclusive edition appeared on the chris colfer tag) as I intended to buy the regular version, not being aware of the exclusive version even excisting at all.
So I was just lucky to have seen it: if I had ordered my books 1 day earlier then I would have been 'stuck' with 2 regular versions of the book, and I'd be a bit pissed off tbh. So I can imagine others who had already pre-ordered the regular version to now cancel their first order (either at B&N or other stores) and order the exclusive edition instead. That might cause a shift in the beststelling lists.

If this exclusive edition indeed stays exclusive for B&N then they can make a very nice profit and steal costumers away from other stores like Amazon. It's similar to B&N being the only store that sold signed copies of TLoS2 and TLoS3 last years.
(I even wonder if the exclusive edition replaces the signed copies deal they had with Chris, as last year they added the signed copy edition to their store around the same time as now the exclusive edition, but I've not seen the signed copie option yet.)

Could it be a little revenge/boost thing between B&N and Little Brown Books after the fight Amazon had last year with many publishers? (when they deliberately delayed the delivery dates of many books and/or priced them more expensive)
By letting B&N have the exclusive edition and also the signed books (last years) Little Brown Books clearly gives them an advantage over other stores, Amazon being the biggest of them all.
Not that I mind. Smile 

Btw: the prices of the books have been altered at Barnes & Noble. The regular version now costs as much as the exclusive edition: both $11,16. (original, exclusive edition)
Of course the prices still might change again later.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 4/15/2015, 12:42 pm

It could be they didn't offer a signed version because Chris will still be too busy making a movie to get back and do all the signing required, so they offered the extra chapter instead. It is smart marketing on B&N's part.

I looked back at the order I placed yesterday, and it was for the regular copy. I'll wait and order the special edition on July 7th, to help boost sales again. I'll keep that one safe with my signed copies, and let the kids read the other one.

TLOS4 is now #3 in the children's book section, behind two beautiful coloring books. These coloring books have been getting quite a bit of press lately, so for TLOS4 to be right behind them as a pre-order with minimal marketing says a lot about how popular they are Smile .
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/23/2015, 4:22 pm

Chris tweeted a pic of a chapter of TLoS4. I put it behind a spoiler bar just in case:

Spoiler:

hrhchriscolfer One of my favorite chapters and images from #TLOS4… #BeyondTheKingdoms #TheSistersGrimm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/23/2015, 10:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Chris tweeted a pic of a chapter of TLoS4. I put it behind a spoiler bar just in case:

Spoiler:

hrhchriscolfer One of my favorite chapters and images from #TLOS4… #BeyondTheKingdoms #TheSistersGrimm

Love the picture. Guess he intended to do a pun game and
Spoiler:
do Grimm brothers had sisters ?

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top