Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 2

Post  Glorfindel on 10/4/2014, 7:41 am

^Maybe because Kurt doesn't want to pursue Blaine while he is (still) in another relationship, if only out of respect for Dave. saispa 
But yeah, the silver lining is that Kurt still has morals and standards that most of the other Glee characters don't have anymore.

After letting the new spoilers sink in for a while, and taking of the Kurt goggles, here's some of my thoughts. Most of it has already been said before here, but I just wanna add my own words to those similar opinions and put it together in 1 post.
(This is gonna be loooong, sorry.)

First of all: these spoilers are absulotely stupid, even for Glee standards. I've seen some people (e.g. on tumblr) say that it's back to the old days of season 1's cracktastic dark comedy fun, but imo it's too late for that as too much has happened to these characters that 'really' mattered in the canon (as in: told as a PSA message so in an !important! way), and even in season 1 Sue would have not hypnotized someone (pushed them down the stairs: yes, but hypnotized,? no). It's just so.....cheap and lazy.
These spoilers are not only ridiculous, they're downright dumb, and a 10 year old could have done better. It's an insult to the (very few) people still watching and it's a shame these 'writers' get paid for the crap they put out.

Rachel asking Will and Blaine to make their choirs flub the invitational performance so 'her' ND can have a confidence boost is stupid, selfish and not very educational. Rachel is not doing her ND members a favour here, on the contrary: if they would get an easy 'win' at this performace they could become careless and overconfident, while some stiff competition would make them more determined to improve themselves (as ND did after they saw VA perform in season 1). If I was one of her ND kids and I found out I'd be mad at her for not taking me serious and not having much confidence in my abilities, both as a performer and as a human being (who can cope with stuff).

But Will then promising Rachel to actually do it and throw the game is what's really appaling to me. He is VA's coach now, but yet he's willing to sacrifice their performance/competition mentality and reputation out of feelings for his former choir and pet student?
What an awful teacher Will is (and I kept rooting for him for 5 seasons, dammit). He's made many questionable decisions as a teacher before but this is a very low thing to do. Sue rightfully calls him out on it and he could/should get fired over something like this.

Sue hypnotizing Sam so he pursues Rachel romantically.....I have no words. Besides the already mentioned stupidity of writing a hypnotizing plotline (jumping a 100 sharks imo) to create/further a storyline, which ironically is yet another love triangle, there's also the ickiness of a character forcing a sexual action unto another (young) character against his will. Eww.
And manipulating Rachel, who hasn't dated since her first love died, like this is just horribly cruel. Even for someone like Sue this is a real new low.

Why would Blaine need to give Sam and Rachel piano lessons, when Blaine lives a town away, and Kurt is right there with them at McKinley? (but of course RIB have long since forgotten that Kurt could already play piano in season 1)
I fear we'll get more Blaine solos and/or #Daleastreet mugging behind a piano in the near future. Brace yourselves.

Sue being a Klainer, pleeeezz. It seems everyone in Glee needs to be a Klainer so Kurt can be pushed from all sides to get back together with gelhelmet bowtie whiny baby Blainey Days. Half of Lima being present at their proposal was apparently still not enough to keep Kurt chained to his 'soulmate', so now they also are making pod people of everyone else in Ohio who wasn't there when Kurt was pressured in saying "yes" the first time.
He will never escape his doom endgame.

And in order to show us that Klaine is klendgame they bring back a character like Karofsky, who was in a vulnerable but reasonably good state when Glee left him the last time, only to humiliate and slut shame him. But RIB care so much about the underdogs and gay PSA issues, right? Hypocrites.

Also: Blaine only realizes (again, I might add: this is the 3rd time now) he loves Kurt when Kurt is moving on while at the same time Blaine puts (or wants to put) his dick somewhere else. Classy.
And of course as soon as he finds out his current bf has had other partners besides him Blaine's not okay with that and starts doubting him. I wonder if Dave knows anything about Blaine's past, like Eli the lighthouse?

Kurt will date (or think about dating) a 50+ old, recently divorced man with kids, who clearly has a lot of his own issues to work through after being in the closet for 40 years. That's just what Kurt needs. *sarcasm*. But still this could have been interesting, if:
- Kurt again wouldn't (need to?) resort to forced/arranged dating, first with the speed dating, now an online datingsite. Why can't a handsome guy like Kurt just meet someone while going out in the town? There must be more (gay) bars than just Scandals in Ohio? (Or just let him go back to New York.) Is it just to let us know that Kurt isn't as attractive as Blaine, or is it to only give him horrible alternatives in comparison to his dreamboat gelhelmet? Or both?
- The age gap was not this big: why not someone around 40? A college student with a 50+ year old, who met online(!) after the old guy lied is just creepy, and pathetic. (Not to even mention the idea of some of the writers fitting all too well into this little sexual fantasy, eww, eww.)
- The writing on Glee wasn't so horrible. I bet my house on this 50+ turning into a Klainer in the end: they all do on this show.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 10/4/2014, 8:24 am

This is just someone's idea of a joke, with someone saying that Ryan does a cameo as Kurt's fifty year old date. Razz 

Though if that was the case... vomir
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 10/4/2014, 10:12 am

Glorfindel wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:i may be wrong, but didn't the description state that the older man is a divorced guy (out of a marriage with a woman) who has recently come out. why would that make kurt a whore in anyone's eyes. it's not like he is the other man, if the guy is divorced or even just separated.
You're right: the guy is divorced. Silver lining, I guess.

But I think @valkeakuulas was talking about the more rabid K(B)lainers: when Blaine does something they always find excuses for him and think it's his right to do something outside of Klaine, but whenever Kurt even puts his toe in the wrong direction (meaning: when it is not directed at Blaine) he's a slut, a whore, a cheater, a neglecting bf, a liar, etc.
They've done that at least a dozen times. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I was thinking this as a general thought process of many Klainers probably calling Kurt out for trying to seduce a man more than half his age, a man with kids who in their moral mind should not be fooling around with younger men. And younger men (read: Kurt) should not be playing with late gay bloomers when they already have a out and proud man to date (read: Bland). Not that they are interested in all kinds of support for same sex relationships...

The more I think about it, the more facinating the storyline could be if written by actual writers. For example Kurt, as a proud gay man, could be demonstrated as much more open and courageous about being a gay man than this more mature gay man ie. "twisting" the roles from the age old young/old relationship.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 10/4/2014, 11:06 am

The older man coming out late in life reminds me so much of my mother's former employer, who grew up in an extremely conservative community where coming out just wasn't an option. He married, had two children and waited until after his daughters were grown before coming out to his wife. They divorced amicably (once she got over her initial shock and hurt) and they are still best friends.

If I were writing this show, I would be using the example of this older, formerly closeted man to push Kurt into start making some real realizations about his life. This man lived what was essentially a lie for most of his life. It might not have been all bad. I'm sure that he felt a lot of affection for his former wife and he's happy to have his children, but he wasn't able to have the life that he really needed. He did what was expected of him by society and his family.

Kurt is much in that position in some ways. A lot of the reasons that he and Blaine got engaged was because that was what everyone expected of them. That they were soul mates and would marry and be together forever. Except that behind closed doors there were the things that left Kurt dissatisfied with his relationship. He was as much a caretaker for Blaine as a lover, and the support was rarely mutual. We've gotten enough views into Blaine's thoughts that Kurt's misgivings weren't unfounded. Kurt wasn't genuinely happy with Blaine. He might be content in a lot of ways. There might be a certain security, but he's not getting what he needs emotionally.

This kind gentleman that Kurt is meeting can be a warning of what Kurt might be in for if he gives into doing what everyone expects of him and not doing what is best for himself. One of two things will happen as a result. Either Kurt will figure out that yes, he does love Blaine and can be happy spending his life with him or that despite loving Blaine that he can't live that life. That he doesn't want to emerge from a failed marriage and only see what his life could have been if he was able to stand up for what was right for him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/4/2014, 11:57 am

IN their fifties:

Clive Owen

Jon Bon Jovi at 50:
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/4/2014, 11:58 am

George Clooneny:

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 10/4/2014, 12:30 pm

Another silver thread from this shit storm cloud...

I may not like the idea of Kurt being at all torn about wanting to get back together with Blaine or seeing him upset that Blaine has so blithely moved on with his life without Kurt. But this is the POV that we were robbed off in the aftermath of TBU. We're going to get those nuances layers of emotion, where he might know that leaving Blaine was the right thing but still having all those complicated emotions.

And it's Kurt's POV that is really getting focused on here. We will likely get little of Blaine's real motivations for getting together with Dave and why their relationship progressed so rapidly. We have to get to episode four to get any inclination at all that Blaine is having doubts about his relationship with Dave (and those doubts seem to be at least partly motivated by Kurt starting to move on with his own life). Kurt is the one who gets to do the introspection and deep soul searching. Even if I may not like the final destination, at least the journey there will be interesting.

And Kurt is showing a lot of his maturity, strength and resilience. He might be deeply torn and hurt over his situation with Blaine, but he's not doing anything to try to win Blaine back or interfere with his relationship with Dave. He's working on himself and his own feelings and dealing with how he's going to move forward now. Blaine is barely a part of the equation for Kurt at this moment.

And he's showing his maturity in a lot of really astonishing ways. First, but not trying to win Blaine back. He's showing enough maturity to respect Blaine and Dave (which is a marked contrast to Blaine in season 4 who focused on wanting to win Kurt back despite the fact that Kurt was in a relationship with Adam and despite Blaine's romantic feelings towards Sam). He takes Brittany's advice and starts dating, but in a mature and thoughtful manner. He's not looking to hook up with guys at bars, but by meeting a man via the internet, he can get a sense of who the man is before they actually meet. And when he does get he surprise of the man being a lot older than he expected, he doesn't immediately reject the man. He treats the man with kindness and compassion and finds at the least a new friend. And it's a friend that doesn't exist within the claustrophobic McKinley enclosure where everyone has an opinion about what Kurt should be doing with his life. He stands up to Sue for her interference (however well meaning her motivations were). He's showing that he's going to follow his own judgment about his relationships and to start doing what is best in his own interest.

I still hold very little hope that the show will let Kurt's storyline end free of Blaine, especially now with Blaine starting to think about wanting Kurt back. But at least we're getting Kurt really showing the insight and what's best for him and what might make him happy. It's a big shift when Kurt always had to act on behalf of what was best for others (Blaine, his father, Rachel, Finn, etc).

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/4/2014, 4:13 pm

I'm sorry but being fifty years old these days isn't having one foot in the grave. I think Kurt having first a friendship with an older man is fine. The spoiler by MJ describes him as both sweet and good looking , so he's not being portrayed as a sleaze or a lying creep. It's already been established that younger guys at NYADA find Kurt attractive.

I like that from spoilers its apparent Kurt is trying to move on, respecting that Blaine is in another relationship.

So I'm good for now.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 10/4/2014, 8:09 pm

as someone who is approaching 50, i think 50 is the new 30. coool
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/4/2014, 8:28 pm

I'm sorry, but the spoilers say that Kurt freaks out when he finally meets the 50+ guy, after he had talked to him over the phone. So he must have been expecting a younger man.
There's no way that age would not have come up in that phone call: it's really one of the very first things people ask in these situations, and Kurt is no fool. To me this indicates that the guy lied about his age, or hinted at about being at the least 10 years younger than he is in a "I'm a wee a bit older than you" evasive response.

Also the 50+ guy must have figured out in that phone call that he was talking to a very young man in comparison with his own age, so he should have backed off or simply prepared Kurt better for who he was going to meet, especially with his own issues (divorced, kids, in the closet for so long) still being very fresh and an important part of his life.

I know blind dates are hard and people are vulnerable so they make themselves look better than they are, but come on: this is too much to keep hidden in a situation like this, it's not like he just used an old photo on his profile.
Just because it's Kurt doesn't mean we can simply dismiss such things. If it had been Blaine we would have been all over it.

And just because the guy is sweet and good looking doesn't excuse his actions.
This reminds me of the movie 'Indecent Proposal' in which an older man proposes to a couple to want to have sex with the (young) woman in exchange for a million dollars. It's creepy as hell, but just because the older man was played by one of the handsomest men alive Robert Redford it's seen as a compliment, even romantic, and a viable option.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/4/2014, 10:00 pm

Why do I think Chris loves this storyline? ptdr
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 10/4/2014, 10:37 pm

We do not know if this man was looking for sex.

Kurt is sophisticated and his attitude makes him sound older than he is.

The spoiler said they start out as friends.

This man has probably never had sex with a man before and is probably right now looking for friendship.

He is divorced and probably separated from his kids.

He might be scared and vulnerable, and Kurt is sympathetic and listens to others, so this man meets him because he is curious, and this could be the first gay person he has ever met.

We don't know this man's story.

This could be a lovely story for Kurt, and to me sounds like this was taken from QAF where Emmet was with a man in his eighties.

If Glee could have a QAF ending for Klaine I would be oh so happy. Smile

Kurt and Blaine go their separate ways.

Kurt goes back to New York, where Justin went to New York. Blaine stays behind as did Brian.

Santana and Britney marry and leave Lima, just like Lindsey and her wife who's name I cannot remember.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/5/2014, 2:22 am

ColferInspired wrote:We do not know if this man was looking for sex.

Kurt is sophisticated and his attitude makes him sound older than he is.

The spoiler said they start out as friends.

This man has probably never had sex with a man before and is probably right now looking for friendship.

He is divorced and probably separated from his kids.

He might be scared and vulnerable, and Kurt is sympathetic and listens to others, so this man meets him because he is curious, and this could be the first gay person he has ever met.

We don't know this man's story.

Good points.

As long as the man is shown as friendly and sweet to Kurt, I have no problem Kurt gaining another friend.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 10/5/2014, 3:34 am

@ColferInspired, I so agree with you.

Once again,I think some people are basing their opinion on speculation, so far we don't know what is the story of this old man, so why don't give him a chance to know more who he is. And though is said Kurt will be shocked when he meet him in person, I'd be too if I expected someone different, he still shows maturity and gives him an opportunity, probably they won't work as a couple, but they could work as friends. By other side, I kinda understand if some, I included, wanted someone younger for Kurt, or at least someone who has no problems, but when it comes to Glee, sometimes is better to no take things that seriously.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/5/2014, 5:42 am

Eh, if it was a choice between Karosfky and a 50 year old man for Kurt (and yes it SUCKS those are the only choices) I would take the 50 year old man.

In all fairness, I could see how some hate that the show paired Kurt with an older man when the Blainers/Klainers went hog wild over their claims that Adam was sooo much older than Kurt.  TBH, I never thought Adam looked that old and if it wasn't that aspect , the Klainers would have racked him over the coals for some other  reason.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 10/5/2014, 11:07 am

ColferInspired wrote:We do not know if this man was looking for sex.

If Glee could have a QAF ending for Klaine I would be oh so happy. Smile

Kurt and Blaine go their separate ways.

Kurt goes back to New York, where Justin went to New York. Blaine stays behind as did Brian.

Santana and Britney marry and leave Lima, just like Lindsey and her wife who's name I cannot remember.

Yes!

Or a luke and noah ending (as the world turns)

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  rainespeaks on 10/5/2014, 7:59 pm

More spoilers and headaches ensue.

If Blaine actually rethinks his relationship with Dave because the number of previous partners, then I think one can only believe that the writers intend for Blaine to be a cartoon character. And more so if he stays in that relationship with Dave with the misgivings he has, which is very disrespectful to Dave. In such a case, let Dave have some self-respect and let him leave Blaine.

Blaine needs to mingle and be single for a while. A long while.

Kurt with an older guy is not such a leap. But 50 with a history like a wife and kids is a bit much. He is young man. Why can't he be a young man.

Sue being a klainer...is just off the reservation. unsure

rainespeaks
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/6/2014, 6:33 am

Call sheet for Monday (October 6th, 2014) and Tuesday (October 7th, 2014)
x

Picture of a call sheet for episodes 3 and 4, confirming MJ's spoilers (not that they really need confirming, but some Klainers are still denying they are true).

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/6/2014, 3:23 pm

During a date night at Breadstix, the restaurant is filled with the many men Karofsky has dated,

I'm having mixed feelings about this spoiler, is the audience suppose to see that Karofsky is a dating whore and somehow Blaine is repelled?  Because someone who slept with a guy he met on Facebook shouldn't be throwing stones at anyone else.

It's sort of embarrassing for the Blaine stans that the show has him being the sloppy seconds for Karofsky , so I'm not so sure they they are not going to throw Karofsky under the bus like everyone else.

When Kurt finally meets his date, he realizes the man he had been talking to on the telephone is in his 50s, with kids, just out of a marriage to a woman. Kurt is freaked out, but the man turns out to be sweet and good looking. They agree to go out again, but to begin as friends.

It's curious that Kurt agrees to another  date.  I wonder if this is related to the SL that Kurt once pushed of Kurt dating a teacher back in the day.

What amuses me is that many movies have older men/younger women SL's and yet now that it's presented with Kurt some  fans are acting like it throws Kurt under the bus.  Based on this spoiler I'm going to have a wait and see attitude.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/8/2014, 3:59 am

Glee Season 6 Spoilers Episode 5

Sorry kids. No major spoilers for Glee Episode 5 yet. No songs, and no title. But I do have a couple of details. At this point, this is all I know. Sorry the info is Blaine/Kurt centric only.
If I had anything else, I would definitely post. And as soon as I DO have something else, I’ll be updating right here, so watch this space.

- As we all know from the Glee Episode 4 “The Hurt Locker” spoilers, Sue REALLY wants Kurt and Blaine back together again. So, to that end, she locks them both together in an elevator.
- Part of the locking-in-the-elevator plan has Sue scaring them as a Jigsaw-like character (from the Saw movie series). She rides a little bike.
- Max Adler (Karofsky) is a guest star in the episode. Yes. Max is in more than 4 episodes.
x

This is so ridiculous, WTF? blinkk

I'm still baffled that of all people on Glee it's Sue that REALLY(!) wants Kurt and Blaine back together, that this is an actual plotline to further their story, and the writers' idea of a 'clever' solution to overcome Klaine's multiple and basically irreconcilable problems.

smajli

Last edited by Glorfindel on 10/8/2014, 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 10/8/2014, 4:10 am

- As we all know from the Glee Episode 4 “The Hurt Locker” spoilers, Sue REALLY wants Kurt and Blaine back together again. So, to that end, she locks them both together in an elevator.
- Part of the locking-in-the-elevator plan has Sue scaring them as a Jigsaw-like character (from the Saw movie series). She rides a little bike.

Shocked Shocked
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  rainespeaks on 10/8/2014, 5:50 am

- Max Adler (Karofsky) is a guest star in the episode. Yes. Max is in more than 4 episodes.

ohmy  blinkk ok then.

Max is ought to have refused to participate in this storyline. It is still a skin crawling concept that fans would have wanted Kurt or Blaine with Karosksy considering the history. And writers should not have pursued the current plotline no matter how much they liked Max, again because of the history attached to the character of Karosfsky. It's chilling actually. And Max is in more than 4 episodes. Just creepy.

rainespeaks
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/8/2014, 6:09 am

rainespeaks wrote:Max is ought to have refused to participate in this storyline. It is still a skin crawling concept that fans would have wanted Kurt or Blaine with Karosksy considering the history. And writers should not have pursued the current plotline no matter how much they liked Max, again because of the history attached to the character of Karosfsky. It's chilling actually. And Max is in more than 4 episodes. Just creepy.
I don't think the writers like Max, or Karofsky, much at all. If they would they wouldn't have used him as a roadblock for Klaine, especially not when it looks like they are going to tear down Karofsky's character in the process (via Sue, jeez) to 'free' Blaine from him.

To think Max gave up making a movie in Hawaii for this crap, and he probably will only be in 1-2 scenes per episode, and won't get to talk much.

I wonder how Karofsky's attitude towards Kurt will be?
- Will he be shy and apologetic, because he knows he owes Kurt a lot and he doesn't want to be part of causing him more pain?
- Or will he be defensive, possesive, even agressive, because Kurt might take Blaine away from him?

Bah, everything about this mess is sickening. vomir

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 10/8/2014, 10:05 am

Glorfindel wrote:I wonder how Karofsky's attitude towards Kurt will be?
- Will he be shy and apologetic, because he knows he owes Kurt a lot and he doesn't want to be part of causing him more pain?
- Or will he be defensive, possesive, even agressive, because Kurt might take Blaine away from him?

Bah, everything about this mess is sickening. vomir

You know I'm actually more worried about them completely forgetting where they left Kurt and Karofsky, than how obnoxiously they are building Klaine back up. As if these two might not have a complex history together already.

Besides they don't have anyone but Sue to be converted to a Blaine supporter.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 10/8/2014, 10:46 am

valkeakuulas wrote:You know I'm actually more worried about them completely forgetting where they left Kurt and Karofsky, than how obnoxiously they are building Klaine back up. As if these two might not have a complex history together already.
Yikes, you could be right. That could happen.

Ugh. Mad

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top