Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  ColferInspired on 7/23/2014, 11:37 pm

This is what Darren posted on his twitter than deleted it.  antifana 

I am putting it under spoiler tags as many are offended by it. Or it could be triggering or upsetting for some.

I have not reblogged this choose not to as I do not want something like this on my blog.

I felt it was safe to put it in spoiler tags.

But if anyone wants it removed, then it should be removed as I don't want to anyone upset by this.

Spoiler:

Coincidence that he posted this when Chris's episode of HIC is airing?

I don't think so.   antifana

Last edited by ColferInspired on 7/24/2014, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/24/2014, 12:22 am

Who is on the couch? I'm on a mobile device and I can't see clearly.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/24/2014, 1:39 am

fantastica wrote:Who is on the couch?  I'm on a mobile device and I can't see clearly.

No idea.  saispa
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 7/24/2014, 2:23 am

ColferInspired wrote:This is what Darren posted on his twitter than deleted it.

No, he didn't. The photo is gross and all involved should be ashamed of themselves, including DC, but people need to check their facts before spreading this. A friend posted and subsequently deleted it quickly.

So, yes, it probably was. Disgustingly fratboy and offensive, appropriating gay sex for 'humour' and with rape overtones as it is... it probably was a coincidence that it got posted now.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/24/2014, 2:28 am

Georgette888 wrote:

No, he didn't. The photo is gross and all involved should be ashamed of themselves, including DC, but people need to check their facts before spreading this. A friend posted and subsequently deleted it quickly.

So, yes, it probably was. Disgustingly fratboy and offensive, appropriating gay sex for 'humour' and with rape overtones as it is... it probably was a coincidence that it got posted now.

Sorry, I should have found out the facts.  blushh

But for Darren to even do this is disgusting.  :angry:
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 7/24/2014, 2:58 am

You weren't the only one, love! The trouble is that is like a game of telephone on tumblr.  :( 

I believe the friend (Bruno someone?) deleted the pic about 2 hours after posting when it had started getting attention from fans.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 7/24/2014, 9:28 am

I'm in the middle of this kerfuffle on Tumblr and for me, it doesn't matter who posted the picture in the first place. It was the fact that Darren did it and thought it was funny. And it was beyond gross and played with a lot of rape imagery and worse, gay rape imagery that really turned my stomach.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/24/2014, 10:43 am

Ranwing wrote:I'm in the middle of this kerfuffle on Tumblr and for me, it doesn't matter who posted the picture in the first place. It was the fact that Darren did it and thought it was funny. And it was beyond gross and played with a lot of rape imagery and worse, gay rape imagery that really turned my stomach.

I re-edited my post and added more warnings.

I don't want anyone upset by this, that is why I used spoiler tags and now put further warnings.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 7/24/2014, 12:06 pm

Ranwing wrote:I'm in the middle of this kerfuffle on Tumblr and for me, it doesn't matter who posted the picture in the first place. It was the fact that Darren did it and thought it was funny. And it was beyond gross and played with a lot of rape imagery and worse, gay rape imagery that really turned my stomach.

Indeed, of course it doesn't matter. The pic, as I said is gross as hell and shaming for ALL involved. I just think getting the facts right are important or stupid fans get an 'excuse' to dismiss people's objections. Get the facts right and they actually have to debate (and still probably ignore for some!) the issue itself, rather than the factual inaccuracy.

Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 7/24/2014, 12:27 pm

Georgette888 wrote:

I agree with Georgette888, and besides, as crass, gross and unfunny as this was, there is probably no relation to Chris. Just as I hate when CrissColfers link everything Chris does to his "relationship" with DC, I don't think everything DC does should be linked to Chris.

It is obviously a gross fratboy "joke" between friends and DC (who looks like a hobo, btw). Best is to ignore him, I guess. Even this very post is already giving him too much attention.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 7/24/2014, 12:50 pm

The picture had nothing to do with Chris and my criticisms of Darren were strictly on his appallingly poor sense of decency in not recognizing that the act that they were playing out so jokingly was so rapey and how he took not just mimicking gay sex, but non-consensual gay sex (i.e. rape) and made a joke of it.

The problem then was his drooling flock of mouth breathers who have been pasting Chris's face into the photo. As if the original wasn't sickening enough...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 7/24/2014, 12:57 pm

Ranwing wrote:The picture had nothing to do with Chris and my criticisms of Darren were strictly on his appallingly poor sense of decency in not recognizing that the act that they were playing out so jokingly was so rapey and how he took not just mimicking gay sex, but non-consensual gay sex (i.e. rape) and made a joke of it.

I know and agree, my post wasn't referencing your comment.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 7/31/2014, 7:15 pm

I saw this on tumblr, and thought that this confession was very accurate:

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/31/2014, 8:36 pm

well, i don't know the guy so i pass no judgment. however, it's easy to understand the "elitism" part, because he was born into a very rich family (his dad is a banker - i am not talking about those lowly bank tellers who are just employees). he may not understand the struggles ordinary working people has to go through. that's very typical of people who are born w/ a silver spoon in their diapers.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/31/2014, 8:40 pm

also, "fans" are supposed to be biased. they look through their pink glasses and see everything w/ a rosy hue. i wouldn't make a big deal over fans making excuses for DC's behavior (whatever they are), just like i wouldn't want to blame the soldiers for shooting at their supposed enemies.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/1/2014, 9:27 am

When someone likes Darren talks about how he believes that the level of bullying in schools is overstated when he works closely with someone who was bullied so badly that he had to be homeschooled for a time, that shows me an astonishing level of blindness to what other people go through. I think that it is a result of his upbringing, which was one of great financial and social privilege. A straight white passing guy is not going to have the same experiences that a minority might.

My issues with Darren isn't that he said something tactless and offensive once. He does it repeatedly. It shows that, for me at least, that he really doesn't get it and that his reputation as a super nice guy who might as well be gay because of how much he "gets" the gay community is nothing but PR.

As for his stans... I've long since reached my limit with them in how they try to bully everyone who disagrees with their assessment that Darren is the nicest/hottest/most talented/etc. man in the world. It's one thing to be supportive of your favorite, but it's another to engage in the kind of scorched earth tactics that they default to if someone expresses that they don't share that opinion.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/1/2014, 9:36 am

Ranwing wrote:When someone likes Darren talks about how he believes that the level of bullying in schools is overstated when he works closely with someone who was bullied so badly that he had to be homeschooled for a time, that shows me an astonishing level of blindness to what other people go through. I think that it is a result of his upbringing, which was one of great financial and social privilege. A straight white passing guy is not going to have the same experiences that a minority might.

My issues with Darren isn't that he said something tactless and offensive once. He does it repeatedly. It shows that, for me at least, that he really doesn't get it and that his reputation as a super nice guy who might as well be gay because of how much he "gets" the gay community is nothing but PR.

As for his stans... I've long since reached my limit with them in how they try to bully everyone who disagrees with their assessment that Darren is the nicest/hottest/most talented/etc. man in the world. It's one thing to be supportive of your favorite, but it's another to engage in the kind of scorched earth tactics that they default to if someone expresses that they don't share that opinion.

Great post. I totally agree, What made me the most upset with Darren is his bullying comments.Especially since he works with Chris Colfer who was bullied in school.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 8/1/2014, 12:05 pm

about bullying: there are different kinds of bullying. the obvious one is physical - beating up someone is clearly bullying. then there's verbal - often in the form of "jokes". often the bully simply makes degrading remarks to make fun of the victim. they may not even consciously realize that they are bullying. most of them never consider themselves as bullies. they were simply "joking". but to the victim those remarks can be very hurtful. chris experienced a lot of these kinds of bullying in high school mainly because of his high voice. in fact, all the cyber bullying belong to this type. nobody is throwing a punch, but the result can just be as devastating. I bet a lot of people don't realize verbal bullying around them unless they are the victims.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/1/2014, 1:31 pm

For the sake of fairness, Darren Criss was never quoted as saying that bullying is overstated in high schools.  IIRC in an interview he said that in his high school he never personally experienced the social hierarchy of jocks versus nerds versus theatre geeks, and in his typical awkward way said maybe it "existed in people's minds".  I'll give him the BOD that he was talking only about his particular high school; still it does smack of a very sheltered upbringing, which IMO is not his fault.

As to Glee itself, not only Chris, but others like Becca Tobin have said in interviews she was bullied pretty badly in school. She said  she even skipped  her graduation ceremony in HS because of it.
http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/becca-tobin-opens-up-about-being-bullied-in-high-school-and-reveals-whats-next-for-kitty-on-glee-season-4-exclusive

Kevin Mchale and Jenna Ushowitz talked about having food thrown at them, being "geeks", etc.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1287467/Glee-cast-reveal-THEY-beat-school-bullies-stars-TVs-hottest-show.html

Even my sweet Grant Gustin was bullied too...

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/glees_grant_gustin_i_was_gay_bashed_in_school-2012-04
""I was a theater kid. I tap danced when I was in middle school," Gustin says on Saturday (April 21) at the 2012 GLAAD Media Awards. "I played sports and I tap danced, but I was different than the other guys when I was in school. I didn't hang out with them. I didn't do the sports thing."
"I was 'gay-bashed' when I was in school even though, you know, I'm not," he continues. "I'm a straight guy that just happens to be what I do. So, it's easily relatable to me. It was awful. It's a hard time in a kid's life."

The YA author John Green has talked about how badly he was bullied back in school.  I think as a social problem it's well known and discussed among educators, parents, students, sociologists, etc.

So I think most people , at least in the US , are well aware of the problems of  bullying in schools and among youth.

Last edited by Buenos on 8/1/2014, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 8/1/2014, 2:25 pm

I think that it's not unusual to not really understand an issue if it hasn't touched you directly, so to a degree, I can grant Darren a bit of leeway in not having a personal experience being bullied. But it's not as if he could be completely unaware that some of his cast mates (Chris in particular) have spoken extensively about being horribly bullied while in school. And that so many of his fans have expressed the sentiment that the characters that he and Chris play, their storylines and the whole "Klaine" phenomena helped them tremendously. Hell, he's supposed to be a major supporter of the Trevor Foundation, which is aimed and helping prevent suicide in LGBT youth. For him to say something to the effect of the kinds of scenarios portrayed on Glee as being in people's minds really smacks or a certain blindness that I just can't get past. Darren should know better. The fact that he doesn't really rubs me the wrong way.

When a kid who went to private schools that insulated him from a lot of the issues that those he works directly with suffered and then expresses doubts about how serious those issues are dose imply a certain amount of arrogance and lack of empathy. And just goes to feed the suspicious that Darren's support for organizations like Trevor is more about PR and less about having a sincere interest in the goals of the organization.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 8/1/2014, 2:30 pm

Ranwing wrote:I think that it's not unusual to not really understand an issue if it hasn't touched you directly, so to a degree, I can grant Darren a bit of leeway in not having a personal experience being bullied. But it's not as if he could be completely unaware that some of his cast mates (Chris in particular) have spoken extensively about being horribly bullied while in school. And that so many of his fans have expressed the sentiment that the characters that he and Chris play, their storylines and the whole "Klaine" phenomena helped them tremendously. Hell, he's supposed to be a major supporter of the Trevor Foundation, which is aimed and helping prevent suicide in LGBT youth. For him to say something to the effect of the kinds of scenarios portrayed on Glee as being in people's minds really smacks or a certain blindness that I just can't get past. Darren should know better. The fact that he doesn't really rubs me the wrong way.

When a kid who went to private schools that insulated him from a lot of the issues that those he works directly with suffered and then expresses doubts about how serious those issues are dose imply a certain amount of arrogance and lack of empathy. And just goes to feed the suspicious that Darren's support for organizations like Trevor is more about PR and less about having a sincere interest in the goals of the organization.

Great post. Once again I totally agree.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 8/1/2014, 2:49 pm

Ranwing, what he said was awkward as I posted, I just wanted to clarify he never said the problem of bullying was overstated.

Glee originally struck a chord with so many youth who felt disenfranchised, outcasts or on the fringe. Adam Lambert has said that Kurt was him back in high school, so there was an appeal to the Glee characters that make them such a breakout success.

The show veered away from that because the writers didn't have the skill to sustain that sense of being underdogs, but still, it will be know for what it was at the beginning. I think that is why FOX was forced to get rid of the NOOBS, they at least wanted to end the show with the characters that brought it the initial success.

Someone like Chris Colfer is going to continue to be a role model for alot of kids just because he has shown you can overcome major obstacles. So I think there is permanence to his "icon" quality that is not going to go away even when he is no longer portraying Kurt.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 8/1/2014, 3:07 pm

For me at least, Darren is long past the time when I can give him the BOD about things. I give people the BOD when it is an odd or out of character for them to say or do something. If I have to give someone the BOD repeatedly (and let's face it, with Darren there has been more than a handful of incidents in the past six months or so that I would consider questionable, I just reach the point where I won't do it anymore. Whenever stuff like this pops up with Darren, I really have to one if he is really just that stupid, or if he is just trying to create buzz about himself (because let's face it, all of this stuff does create a buzz in social media with the people who find him offensive speaking out against him, and his stans defending him to the high heavens). If it is him trying to create buzz about himself, it's not really working because he doesn't seem to be going beyond social media.

His stans are still a bit bewildering to me, mostly because many of the people who are defending him (and many of the people who think Klaine is perfect for that matter) aren't kids. I just don't understand how so many adults can defend his words and behavior. It's a regular thing for Darren. I just wonder how far he has to go for his stans to give up on him.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 8/2/2014, 1:10 am

I am done with giving Darren the BOD.  :angry: 

Who cares if he went to a private school, he should be sympathetic to ones that had it rough or horrible at high school, he is dismissing the fact the kids are bullied or have been bullied, and shows no understanding or compassion at all for the victims.

Everything to him is one big joke, or he does not care, because none of it has or ever will happen to him.

The interviews are all me me me, which to be shows Darren has a selfish side, and it is showing more and more.

He might have been a nice guy once, but him knowing how privileged he is and fame has made him not a nice guy.

These older female fans defend him so much because I suspect he has flirted with them as he has been known to do that.

He finds rape funny even it was assimilated.

At least most of the young ones have ditched him.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 8/2/2014, 6:32 am

The quote (bless you google!) was:

"I was pretty lucky. I grew up in a very cool high school. (…) I’m a pretty painfully positive guy, much to my own demise. But in high school, I had difficulty having any sort of resonance with the typical high school presentation in television and film and popular media. You know, the age-old stereotypes of the jocks versus the nerds and the theater geeks. I never really saw that categorical society hierarchy. Maybe it did exist in people’s minds - I think people actually see those movies and they project that into their lives.
For me personally, I did a little bit of everything - theater, sports, student government. I really felt I was friends with everybody. That’s not to say I was a popular kid, but I enjoyed everybody. Again that’s maybe my own fault of truly finding everybody and everything interesting.”

http://darrencrissnews.com/post/82158425344/interview-darren-criss-for-indie-magazine

I think he is talking about his own school experience but the phrase, 'I think people actually see those movies and they project that into their lives.' is the really dodgy part because, to me, that phraseology broadens it to beyond his own school. I am not saying that DC is malicious or evil, but I think that this is an example of what irks me about him and makes it impossible for me to like him. He talks and talks and talks; to me, he sounds in love with the sound of his own voice. I think he is one of those people that convinces himself that he is humble, but eloquent and self-aware, when actually he is often self-aggrandising, verbose to the point of incoherence of message and blindly privileged. I think that lack of filter and vision of himself is what leads to my frank dislike.

Oh, and in this interview he goes on and about his uselessness with social media. It is amazing how he got better at when it was a paid revenue opportunity with that Mobio-Indider (?) thing.  Rolling Eyes His disingenuousness makes me heave, tbh, and I was someone who strove 'to be fair' and to talk myself out of disliking him because I didn't want to run the risk of my Blaine hate blinding me or my dislike of so many of his fans obscuring my judgement... But, no, I just really don't like him. fanny2
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top