Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy!

+10
brisallie
Ireth
bayth
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
ColferInspired
Buenos
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy!

Post  Glorfindel 7/10/2014, 10:21 am

New Access Hollywood video, with chris talking about his inspiration for making the TLoS series.  neutre

And a short video with footage of his NY Barnes & Noble book signing: Access.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy!

Post  Ranwing 7/10/2014, 10:38 am

Buenos wrote:Chris in the EW Radio Live  interview says he's  going to be:

"very, very busy in the next few years just from all kinds of things that I have my hands in right now."

More acting roles, more screenplays, more books and series, getting LOS made into a movie,etc.,  the list can go on and on and on...

Chris mentioned also he hopes he comes on more in "Hot in Cleveland".

Chris having all these projects isn't at all a surprise to me. TPTB from Glee might underuse Chris, but it's been becoming increasingly clear that there are plenty of other directors and producers out there who are just waiting for Chris to be available in order to sign him to new projects.

A busy Chris is a happy Chris and a busy Chris makes his fans very, very happy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/10/2014, 11:40 am

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/10/2014, 12:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:Chris having all these projects isn't at all a surprise to me. TPTB from Glee might underuse Chris, but it's been becoming increasingly clear that there are plenty of other directors and producers out there who are just waiting for Chris to be available in order to sign him to new projects.

A busy Chris is a happy Chris and a busy Chris makes his fans very, very happy.

It doesn't surprise me either. There is a reason that we and many others are attracted to Chris. He has talent, wit, charm, intelligence and class. The movers and shakers in Hollywood see that and want to have him in their projects. Chris will be able to have a long and varied career ahead of him. I can't wait to see it all unfold.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/10/2014, 2:11 pm

I'm not surprise neither Chris will be so busy in the years coming,this boy loves what he does and always plan his projects ahead. So I knew he wouldn't be quiet at home petting brian and cooper,though they would love that,after Glee ends
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/10/2014, 7:27 pm

Arrow  Chris on Sway in the Morning (radio interview).
"I know Amber reads it…’cause when she reads the book she will text me, ‘Oh you jerk, you killed off this character. I just fell in love with this character.’ But she and a lot of the crew love the books."

And another 'paper' interview:
'Glee' star Chris Colfer lives — and writes — a fairy tale

Chris Colfer had wanted to tell a story for a long time. He even started putting it on paper but never finished.

“It’s hard to write a book when you’re 7 years old,” he says.

But Colfer, 24, who grew up to sing and act and star as Kurt Hummel on Fox’s “Glee,” never forgot the story he’d imagined as a little boy. He wrote that book, and two more, in a series for middle-readers called “The Land of Stories.”

The first two, “The Wishing Spell” and “The Enchantress Returns,” both became New York Times best-sellers.

The third, “A Grimm Warning,” came out last week, and Colfer embarked on a book tour that will bring him to St. Louis on Tuesday. He will talk about the books (and maybe just a little about “Glee”) and sign copies in a ticketed event at St. Louis County Library headquarters.

Colfer was already famous when he began making his book pitch to publishers. “There was interest,” he says modestly, and he loved the idea from Little, Brown to produce not one book but a series.

“I never envisioned a second or third or fourth, but I always knew what would happen to the characters, so I was really happy to commit to making it a series,” he says.

“The Land of Stories” introduces brother-and-sister twins Conner and Alex Bailey, 11, whose widowed mother is struggling to support the family. They learn that their grandmother’s book of fairy tales can transport them to the Land of Stories, where tales and their characters come alive, but not in the ways we might expect.

Their adventures continue in last year’s “The Enchantress Returns,” in which they must save their kidnapped mother, and become epic in “A Grimm Warning.” Here, after finding a clue from the actual Brothers Grimm, Connor, now 13, sets out to save the Land of Stories, where Alex is in training to become the youngest Fairy Godmother ever.

The books, including a fourth due next summer, target middle readers, 8 to 12 years old, and Colfer doesn’t think the action is too intense even for those at the younger end of that demographic.

“I’ve heard of parents reading them to kids as young as 4 or 5, and I’ve also heard from adults who bought them for their kids and ended up reading them themselves,” Colfer says. “It makes me really happy to hear those things.”

Because he’s still busy with “Glee,” which will air its final season beginning in January, Colfer “maps out the whole story to a T beforehand,” he says. “I make an outline with bullet points. Then I write between scenes, whenever I have a moment.”

Don’t think someone wrote the books for him, he says. “I made a point when I signed up for this that I wanted to write every word myself, with no ghosting.” As for the editing process, “It hasn’t been difficult at all. My editors give me great feedback.”

Colfer has talked openly about being bullied when he was a child, and the “Land of Stories” books carry a message of self-esteem that is particularly important to him.

“I went through some hard times,” he says. “But I didn’t want to make the message cheesy. You can say ‘it gets better,’ but instead of just saying it, I tried to incorporate some of the things I’ve learned by reinventing the back stories for the characters to show how their choices made it better for them.”

With “Glee” ending, Colfer is looking ahead, and if his career could continue in just the way it’s going, he’d be happy.

“I hope I can continue on multiple paths of acting, writing and producing,” he says. “I love it all.”

“Glee,” he says, “has spoiled me. It’s been so much fun but also so meaningful.”
At his previous book signings, many of those in the audience have come to see Kurt, he knows.

“Expect excitement,” Colfer says. “And tears. And a lot of high-pitched screaming.”
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/11/2014, 12:09 am

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/11/2014, 3:13 am

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8j6i5YAl61qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/11/2014, 3:13 am

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8j389iwYB1qe476yo1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 7:24 am

Glorfindel wrote:Arrow  Chris on Sway in the Morning (radio interview).
"I know Amber reads it…’cause when she reads the book she will text me, ‘Oh you jerk, you killed off this character. I just fell in love with this character.’ But she and a lot of the crew love the books."

And another 'paper' interview:
'Glee' star Chris Colfer lives — and writes — a fairy tale

Chris Colfer had wanted to tell a story for a long time. He even started putting it on paper but never finished.

“It’s hard to write a book when you’re 7 years old,” he says.

But Colfer, 24, who grew up to sing and act and star as Kurt Hummel on Fox’s “Glee,” never forgot the story he’d imagined as a little boy. He wrote that book, and two more, in a series for middle-readers called “The Land of Stories.”

The first two, “The Wishing Spell” and “The Enchantress Returns,” both became New York Times best-sellers.

The third, “A Grimm Warning,” came out last week, and Colfer embarked on a book tour that will bring him to St. Louis on Tuesday. He will talk about the books (and maybe just a little about “Glee”) and sign copies in a ticketed event at St. Louis County Library headquarters.

Colfer was already famous when he began making his book pitch to publishers. “There was interest,” he says modestly, and he loved the idea from Little, Brown to produce not one book but a series.

“I never envisioned a second or third or fourth, but I always knew what would happen to the characters, so I was really happy to commit to making it a series,” he says.

“The Land of Stories” introduces brother-and-sister twins Conner and Alex Bailey, 11, whose widowed mother is struggling to support the family. They learn that their grandmother’s book of fairy tales can transport them to the Land of Stories, where tales and their characters come alive, but not in the ways we might expect.

Their adventures continue in last year’s “The Enchantress Returns,” in which they must save their kidnapped mother, and become epic in “A Grimm Warning.” Here, after finding a clue from the actual Brothers Grimm, Connor, now 13, sets out to save the Land of Stories, where Alex is in training to become the youngest Fairy Godmother ever.

The books, including a fourth due next summer, target middle readers, 8 to 12 years old, and Colfer doesn’t think the action is too intense even for those at the younger end of that demographic.

“I’ve heard of parents reading them to kids as young as 4 or 5, and I’ve also heard from adults who bought them for their kids and ended up reading them themselves,” Colfer says. “It makes me really happy to hear those things.”

Because he’s still busy with “Glee,” which will air its final season beginning in January, Colfer “maps out the whole story to a T beforehand,” he says. “I make an outline with bullet points. Then I write between scenes, whenever I have a moment.”

Don’t think someone wrote the books for him, he says. “I made a point when I signed up for this that I wanted to write every word myself, with no ghosting.” As for the editing process, “It hasn’t been difficult at all. My editors give me great feedback.”

Colfer has talked openly about being bullied when he was a child, and the “Land of Stories” books carry a message of self-esteem that is particularly important to him.

“I went through some hard times,” he says. “But I didn’t want to make the message cheesy. You can say ‘it gets better,’ but instead of just saying it, I tried to incorporate some of the things I’ve learned by reinventing the back stories for the characters to show how their choices made it better for them.”

With “Glee” ending, Colfer is looking ahead, and if his career could continue in just the way it’s going, he’d be happy.

“I hope I can continue on multiple paths of acting, writing and producing,” he says. “I love it all.”

“Glee,” he says, “has spoiled me. It’s been so much fun but also so meaningful.”
At his previous book signings, many of those in the audience have come to see Kurt, he knows.

“Expect excitement,” Colfer says. “And tears. And a lot of high-pitched screaming.”
x

The Sway interview is too much Glee.

And why bring Naya and Big Sean into it?

And Naya and Lea so called fight, this has nothing to do with Chris's books.

They seemed more interested in gossip then Chris's books.  dryy 

But when they did ask about other stuff to do with Chris and had nothing to do with Glee, it was alright.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 7:43 am

bayth wrote:

I think this is one of the first interviews were they asked about his parents and what they did.

It was fun and funny.  neutre 

The Larry Flick one is my favourite though.  wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/11/2014, 9:51 am

Colferinspired wrote:The Sway interview is too much Glee.

It's one of the few times you can tell Chris was obviously annoyed and pissed in an interview... Shocked 

NGL, loved though when Chris related pulling Bis Sean's leg about collaborating on an album.  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/11/2014, 11:01 am

Buenos wrote:
Colferinspired wrote:The Sway interview is too much Glee.

It's one of the few times you can tell Chris was obviously annoyed and pissed in an interview... Shocked 

NGL, loved though when Chris related pulling Bis Sean's leg about collaborating on an album.  Razz 

I thought his answer to the Naya and Lea question was great. Just saying, "ask them--I'm not going to spend my time confirming or denying rumors about others" was just perfect.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 11:36 am

I saw a post yesterday from a Darren stan that the Monteclair signing was relatively small, when one of the staff said it was a full house.  The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 357632081 

And this definitely proves that they were indeed lieing.  The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 650269930

http://thealternativepress.com/articles/hundreds-of-fans-line-the-streets-to-meet-glee

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Carousel_image_46afc8cf83f4890a6d92_colfer.booksigning_009

Hundreds of Fans Line the Streets to Meet 'Glee' Actor Colfer
Natalie Heard Hackett
Thursday, July 10, 2014 • 7:05am

MONTCLAIR, NJ - Hundreds of fans of all ages lined the streets to get a glimpse of Glee actor Chris Colfer during his booksigning Wednesday at Watchung Booksellers. Colfer was at the bookstore signing copies of his latest book, The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning.
Colfer is a New York Times best-selling author and Golden Globe-winning actor. He is most known for his role as high school student Kurt Hummel on the hit musical television series Glee. He was honored as a member of the TIME 100, Time magazine's annual list of the one hundred most influential people in the world, and his other books include Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal, The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, and The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns. Fans came to the book-signing with copies of their books to be autographed while other pre-ordered copies from the Watchung Booksellers. 
Although the line stretched down the street, the line moved quickly. Each fan coming out of the bookstore with their signed copy, fans were also allowed to take photos with Colfer. Some fans wore T-shirts showing their support and admiration of the star, while others dressed in costume to get them noticed.
“I have read all of his books, including 'Struck by Lightning,' which is not in this series. I was supposed to be working, heard about this on Tumblr and took off work to be here,” said fan Alexis Jacopec.  “I thought because he was an actor that his books would not be that good, but I was surprised that he is a really good writer and have read every one of them,” she continued.  Jacopec was among hundreds of fans who were waiting in line outside of Watchung Booksellers to have her copy of the book autographed.
Chelsea Morrison is a fan of Colfer and watches him on the show Glee.  “I have not read any of his books yet.  This is my first book of his.  I came here because I love him on the show,” Morrison said.
Having been born in 1990, Chris Colfer began his career performing as a child in California. He excelled in many areas such as drama, writing and speech while in high school.  Colfer made his television debut on the popular musical television series Glee in 2009. For his portrayal of teen character Kurt Hummel, in 2011 Colfer won a Golden Globe award.  The following year, Colfer's first novel was released becoming a NY Times Bestseller.  He has also written a film Struck by Lightning, which he wrote based on his first novel.
During an interview with MTV, Colfer expressed that his inspiration for the novel was his years of cyberbullying that he endured as a child.
The star describes his third book to MTV in a video hereA Grimm Warning is described, as “an action-packed mystery historical thriller” in which he begs fans not to read a single page out of order.
“There are so many twists and turns I wouldn’t want anything to be ruined,” Colfer exclaimed in his MTV interview. “It’s a story about an army from the past coming to the present and trying to conquer the fairytale world in the name of the French empire so it has a lot of twists.”
Dolores Eaton brought her daughter, Zoe to the book signing.  “I read the first two books and just got the third,” said Zoe Eaton. “He asked me how old I was and was friendly,” she added.  While Colfer was signing Zoe’s book, her mom took a few pictures.
“It went very quickly.  He was signing up to 8 copies for each person, which would take longer if you wanted more time with him,” said Dolores Eaton.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/11/2014, 12:20 pm

"hundreds" is indeed very small compared to "billions" of people on this planet. assholes!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 10:09 pm

fantastica wrote:"hundreds" is indeed very small compared to "billions" of people on this planet. assholes!

Well, the way they were describing it sounded like only thirty turned up.  Razz 

This is impressive for any book signing.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 10:51 pm

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8kblhCY4c1qe476yo1_500
High-res
Chris Colfer on Windy City LIVE [source]

I loving Chris's style this tour.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 10:51 pm

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8kc9to0dU1tvjuslo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 10:52 pm

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8k8stGEaC1qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 11:39 pm

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8kg7mNDoa1qe476yo1_500
jessiekalin Booty shakings, handcuffed donut racing and chatting twitter hacking….#allinadayswork
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 11:48 pm

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2014, 11:59 pm

ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/12/2014, 2:21 am

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8kouz7GHR1qh5dyro1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/12/2014, 2:49 am

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning Release Day Media Frenzy! - Page 3 Tumblr_n8l28wax0y1sicbp9o1_500

High-res
swiftlikeausllyfanatic:
My brothers girlfriend met Chris Colfer yesterday.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/12/2014, 6:42 am

gee, i wonder who that "i want kurt to be happy for himself" was directed to.  phr34r 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next