Chris Colfer Tweets

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Colfer Tweets

Post  brisallie on 6/24/2014, 8:48 pm

fantastica wrote:has chris EVER mentioned glee on his twitter descriptions? anybody remembers? i don't have twitter so i don't know.

I've been following Chris since 2011, and he used to write on his bio things such as 'I'm sixteenth in line to be king of england' or 'I'm 1/4 native american', or any funny stuff. But before that I've no idea if he ever mentioned Glee, maybe he did back then in 2009, but as I wasn't in the fandom is only speculation.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 6/24/2014, 11:02 pm

I've been following Chris since 2009. He has never put "Glee" in his description, but this is the first time he has ever put up his 'talents'. It makes me very happy to see Chris moving on...
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 6/25/2014, 1:21 am

bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/25/2014, 3:09 am

bayth wrote:I've been following Chris since 2009.   He has never put "Glee" in his description, but this is the first time he has ever put up his 'talents'.  It makes me very happy to see Chris moving on...

But if he's never put Glee on his description, so  I hardly find this latest omission some proof of his "moving on" or so "over Glee".   I think it's logical to think he's just as inordinately proud of his own "babies", namely the "Struck by Lightning" movie and the " Land of Stories" series and yet he failed to name those specifically either.

I just think reading a snub of Glee into Chris established patterns of his descriptions is projecting a bit, mileage obviously varying.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/25/2014, 5:17 am

brisallie wrote:I've been following Chris since 2011, and he used to write on his bio things such as 'I'm sixteenth in line to be king of england' or  'I'm 1/4 native american', or any funny stuff. But before that I've no idea if he ever mentioned Glee, maybe he did back then in 2009, but as I wasn't in the fandom is only speculation.
This is what I remember too. I've been following his twitter since he started it, and his description was always some funny quote or fact about himself. I also remember this one: "My life is an awkward visit from the kids table while waiting for a History Channel special."  Razz 

I don't tink his new twitter bio is a snub at Glee, but it has been noticed (not only by us) that while he now full of confidence does list the awards and accolades he got he does not mention the show that for a large part enabled him to get those recognitions (and imo he's in no way obligated to do so, certainly not after Glee actively tried to and partly succeeded in limiting his chances severely of getting new nominations or awards for the last 2 seasons).

Not mentioning Glee while parading his successes as an actor/singer/author on his twitter bio, plus not thanking anyone from Glee anymore (besides his close friends like Ashley) in the acknowledgments of his books since TLoS1, is indeed not proof that he's "over Glee" (although I still think he is).
But it does mean that he's not desperately clinging on to the residual success and acclaim of Glee in an attempt to stay relevant and maintain the  fame he got from it (like some of his cast mates do), and to me that indicates that he is indeed "moving on", paving the future for himself with those awards and noms as valuable assets in his backpack, without looking back too much.

And of course there's bitching about this on tumblr from the usual suspects.  Rolling Eyes 
Chris isn't grateful enough to the show and its viewers (read: Klaine and its fandom), Chris is pretentious for advertising himself as a Grammy nominated singer now (read: when it's Darren who should be pushed as the most talented singer ever, just like Blaine should be the truly succesful performer in the Klaine relationship).
I'll be so glad when a year from now most of this dead weight of so-called fans, who are really just his new bullies and nay-sayers, will leave Chris alone when he's no longer necessarily being attached/chained to Blaine and Darren.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/25/2014, 5:44 am

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/25/2014, 10:41 am

Justin Mikita, Matt Bomer, Angela Bassett, Kathy Bates, NASA, Daniel Tosh, Human Rights Campaign, Beth Behrs, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bob Saget, Ken Marino, Matthew Morrison, Tyler Oakley, Elijah Wood, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Sara Gilbert, Kristen Schaal, Roseanne Barr, Entertainment Weekly, Stan Lee, Marvel Entertainment, The Avengers, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Andrew Brooks, TIME, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 6/25/2014, 11:31 am

Can I just say that I adore that Chris is following Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson - I have such an intellectual crush on the man.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/25/2014, 2:11 pm

I may not follow the careers of some of the other Glee actors but I hardly think it's desperation to thank and make references to the show that made you rich and famous.  If they are proud (for different reasons) to be associated and linked with Glee and use it in their credits, contacts, references I hardly see any harm or "desperation" in that.
Jane Lynch said that Glee was a game changer for her and she will always be eternally grateful for the godsend of Gee.

Reminds me when Zac Efron once said he would never disparage or look down at "High School Musical" even if he got more success because people were generous with him and it opened so many doors and he would always be proud.

99.99 % of working actors would dream and hope they got a chance like Glee in their careers.

Just my opinion, but to have dislike the actors and the show so much that even gestures of loyalty or references to the show are misconstrued as clinging to fame  is a lot of projecting.
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris looks back fondly in his time at Glee and never writes a snarky "tell all" memoir like some fans think is a given.

Once Glee is over, then we can see how all their careers pan out, but I wish the best for all of them even if some of them are far from my favorites.

Of course I want everything for Amber and Naya.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 6/25/2014, 2:22 pm

And of course there's bitching about this on tumblr from the usual suspects.  Rolling Eyes 
Chris isn't grateful enough to the show and its viewers (read: Klaine and its fandom), Chris is pretentious for advertising himself as a Grammy nominated singer now

It really annoyed me when I read the anony snearing at Chris calling him self a singer,
He has an amazing voice and has proven himself over and over again, the fact that the musical directors use him so much to layer the other singers proves IMO how much they value his voice and he is also able to express emotion when he sings proves how gifted he is, yes there may well be more vocal gifted people but sometimes they lack the emotional connection and for me that is the definition of a singer

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/25/2014, 2:31 pm

Kurt addict wrote:

It really annoyed me when I read the anony snearing at Chris calling him self a singer,
He has an amazing voice and has proven himself over and over again, the fact that the musical directors use him so much to layer the other singers proves IMO how much they value his voice and he is also able to express emotion when he sings proves how gifted he is, yes there may well be more vocal gifted people but sometimes they lack the emotional connection and for me that is the definition of a singer

I'm really hoping that he has a few musical numbers in the "Noel" movie on screen  (have no idea how the bio's focus will be on his early musical theatre career) and a song for "Robo Dog".  One can dream, no?   Smile

Just a hunch, but post Glee I don't think we've seen the end of Chris Colfer the singer in his career.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 6/25/2014, 3:05 pm

Since Noel Coward was in musical theater, I'd say that the odds are pretty good that Chris will do some singing in the film.

We know who these detractors are - they are frustrated that their favorite is apparently finding his career outside Glee at a standstill (*coughDarrencough*) so they feel the need to try to tear down whatever Chris is doing and belittle it in order to make themselves feel better. These are the same assholes who are posting "confessions" that people who actually study literature wouldn't consider Chris's books real literature (and therefore his fans shouldn't be so pleased about him being on the best seller lists) and that Anders didn't list Chris among those who should be putting out an album. They are desperate to try to build up their idol as being the best and because he's not getting any major work offers right now and his album seems to be locked in cryogenic freeze, they try to keep his position as being the most talented by ripping Chris's accomplishments.

It's rather pathetic.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/25/2014, 4:56 pm

Ranwing wrote:Can I just say that I adore that Chris is following Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson - I have such an intellectual crush on the man.

love the guy! love his shows.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 6/25/2014, 4:59 pm

about singing as Noel - he sure has to sing in his lower register. well, maybe mostly sing-talk-ish but Noel is not Kurt. i am glad chris' got 5 yrs of glee practice to sing just about anything. no matter how much we bitch about glee and how little kurt/chris sings in it, he did get a lot of singing lessons and practices from it, especially when he sang so many variety of songs. it beats the best drama school education he would ever get.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 6/25/2014, 5:10 pm

The speak-singing that Coward was noted for was something he developed a bit later in life (as far as I understand). In his younger days, he would have sung in a more conventional manner, but Chris will have to copy his style and try to match his voice.

Fortunately Chris's range is so broad that he won't have trouble matching Coward's and he's got a rather extensive theater background himself, so he is accustomed to singing in a wide variety of styles. I don't think the singing is going to be something we need to be concerned about.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/25/2014, 5:15 pm

Ranwing it is both pathetic and transparent. They realize "their" time is running out
(though in reality it never truly existed) to pretend Chris won't have a good shot at a post Glee career.

It's obvious there are other projects of Chris to be announced (at least one other movie role) and he's said there have been "Land of Stories movie offers", we know he's turned down stage roles. Chris still has meetings for the "Asylum" movie he wrote, and I think he still might be able to write a Glee episode for S6. The fact he lists himself as a singer also pleases me no end.

At 24 his career is far from closing down, if anything, I expect Chris to branch out even more. He's ambitious and has said there are many, many things he wants to do.

Did I mention he's only 24?

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/25/2014, 5:42 pm

Buenos wrote:I'm really hoping that he has a few musical numbers in the "Noel" movie on screen  (have no idea how the bio's focus will be on his early musical theatre career) and a song for "Robo Dog".  One can dream, no?   Smile

Just a hunch, but post Glee I don't think we've seen the end of Chris Colfer the singer in his career.
Maybe him also singing in 'Noel' and also 'Robodog' is part of the reason why Chris deliberately mentioned his singing creds in his new twitter bio.

Maybe if his first projects after Glee hadn't had any singing in it he would not have emphasized that particular talent in his new bio.
Not that I'm complaining, as I don't mind at all that these new projects 'force' him to sing again after Glee, and therefore they gently give him a nudge in the back to become more confident about his (singing) voice and possible Broadway roles in the future.  fanny2 

Ranwing wrote:The speak-singing that Coward was noted for was something he developed a bit later in life (as far as I understand). In his younger days, he would have sung in a more conventional manner, but Chris will have to copy his style and try to match his voice.
And the "conventional manner" at that time was light and soft, even using head voice from time to time, not the more modern big belting musical voices of the 1980's till now.
Plus Chris will be playing Noel Coward when he was still a teenager till his young adulthood, so his voice would not have fully matured by then.

Really: Chris is absolutely perfect for this role. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 6/25/2014, 5:43 pm

Buenos wrote:
Did I mention he's only 24?

I am old enough to be his mother (his very attractive, young mother, mind you  coool ), and I'm rather accomplished in life. This kid makes me look like the biggest underachiever in the universe. But then, compared to him most people look like lazy slugs.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 6/25/2014, 8:45 pm

Please, we don't have to read what those haters say, those people will always find a reason to minimize what Christ has accomplished, and I agree is because their idol hasn't gone that far. Well I'd say to those people that instead of comparing, why don't care about his idol and wonder what he has been done wrong? what's going with him?

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 6/26/2014, 2:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Ranwing wrote:The speak-singing that Coward was noted for was something he developed a bit later in life (as far as I understand). In his younger days, he would have sung in a more conventional manner, but Chris will have to copy his style and try to match his voice.
And the "conventional manner" at that time was light and soft, even using head voice from time to time, not the more modern big belting musical voices of the 1980's till now.
Plus Chris will be playing Noel Coward when he was still a teenager till his young adulthood, so his voice would not have fully matured by then.

Really: Chris is absolutely perfect for this role. neutre

I'm pretty sure Cowards extensive smoking had a lot to do with his darker and lower voice quality in his 50's from where all his big live recordings are from. His younger, still in his 20's- 30's sounds very much "clearer" and has that, as Glorfindel put it, lighter tone to it as all singer of that time seemed to have. Chris's voice can surely do that.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/26/2014, 6:55 pm

^That too. I just hope Chris won't have to do much active smoking during filming.  mince  

www.thelandofstories.com

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 6/26/2014, 10:31 pm

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 6/27/2014, 8:32 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 6/28/2014, 4:15 am

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 6/29/2014, 9:32 pm

It sounds like Chris is in London (possibly for meetings about Noel??  panik ):  

And silly man - losing his phone  Razz
The man that tweeted this is a flight attendant.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top