hola

can't wait for this movie!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: Ab fab movie

Post  Kurt addict on 7/1/2016, 7:55 pm

Well, I have just been to see the Ab Fab movie, and to be honest it was disappointing, the best bits are in the trailers, chris is cute and has great comedic timing, he also has very good billing! But the movie itself seemed very much a fan fest, with lots and lots of cameos, and the script felt very stale, please note these are my thoughts you may enjoy it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/2/2016, 2:26 pm

^How many scenes does Chris have?
Just the 3 we already know about (the hair salon one, the twitter/hashtag one, and the scene in the gay bar) or are there more, if you can remember?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/2/2016, 2:48 pm

It seems (so far) the movie is getting overall good reviews, not great or outstanding but the critics seem to like it, or at least certain elements of it to give it a thumbs up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/absolutely-fabulous-movie-reviews_uk_5774e034e4b0d18f751495f3

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 7/3/2016, 2:20 pm

There are about four scenes in total, with a bit of background blink and you miss it. I loved the bit in the nightclub when he sees Saffy and does a quick dip hoping she doesn't see him. His billing as I said very prominent considering there are only a few scenes in the first half of the movie

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/3/2016, 4:10 pm

^Thanks. neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 7/3/2016, 5:54 pm

Your welcome Smile

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/5/2016, 12:39 am

I have never seen the ab fab tv shows, and I am not really into the movie trailer either. But, I would watch this for Chris alone. I am glad he got high billing. Thank you Anna!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/5/2016, 3:13 am

^The Ab Fab humor is not for everyone, imo, certainly not for those who are not into English humor. I have often laughed out loud watching the series, but I've also cringed quite a few times.
But overall I really liked the show, and Jennifer Saunders and Joanne Lumley have great comic timing and chemistry together.

I expect that the movie will be full of rehashed old sentiments from the series but this time maybe even more over the top, with lots of cameos from celebrities. Maybe that formula doesn't exactly make a perfect movie, but it will be a lot of fun nonetheless.  Smile 

Jumping on the Bandwagon: a casting stampede.

For Glee star Chris Colfer - who plays Edina’s hairdresser Christopher - the bid to be in anything that Jennifer Saunders had ever had anything to do with had started as a boy, watching episodes of “Absolutely Fabulous”, which is to his mind “one of the funniest shows in history”. In 2011 when he came to London for a two-week leg of the Glee world tour, he asked his representatives to offer his hero, Jennifer Saunders, tickets to see the show. She came, he was awestruck, and the two became friends on Twitter. When Saunders said she was thinking of writing a script for the film version of “Absolutely Fabulous”, Colfer replied that he would “move mountains” to be in it. Several years later, when she got in touch saying that she had written him a role, Colfer “almost exploded” with happiness. “It doesn’t seem right to call it a job because it’s been so much fun,” he says of his time filming. “I don’t think I’ve ever laughed this hard. Ever. Definitely not on a set before, anyway. Watching Jennifer and Joanna has, for me, been the most incredible thing because they just crack each other up. It’s almost like a competition, like they’re each trying to make the other one laugh more.”
ccn

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/5/2016, 6:48 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/6/2016, 4:10 pm

http://chriscolfernews.co/

Still Crazy—And 'Absolutely Fabulous'—After All These Years
Rumors that Kim Kardashian would have a cameo in the movie got short shrift from Saunders. “I don’t want any crass people like her in it,” she told reporters in May. But room has been made for plenty of other guest stars, including Kate Moss, Joan Collins, Jon Hamm, and Dame Edna Everage. And Glee’s Chris Colfer gets to play the part of a lifetime as Edina’s hairdresser/social media consultant, Christopher.
Colfer has been a fan of Ab Fab since the age of 6, and despite not knowing her, he randomly invited Saunders to attend a Glee concert in London in 2010. “We were playing at the O2 arena for a week, and I didn’t know anyone there to give tickets to, so I reached out to Jennifer,” he recalls. The two met backstage after the show, and Saunders casually mentioned she might be writing an Ab Fab movie and that Colfer should be in it. “It really could have been my Make-A-Wish,” he says. “It was kind of trippy to be in a scene with the characters I’d loved for so long.” (For her part, Saunders says, “He was absolutely wonderful in his role, as he had no hairdressing skills whatsoever.”)
Colfer is among the few who have seen the 2009 pilot of an aborted adaptation of Ab Fab for Fox, one of two attempts to make a U.S. version — the first, by Roseanne Barr for CBS, was to have featured Carrie Fisher, but it was apparently abandoned when it became clear that a PG version would not cut it. “There’s always been so much talk about why an Ab Fab reboot couldn’t work in the States, and I don’t think Jennifer or Joanna get enough credit in those conversations, because it’s Jennifer’s writing, and her and Joanna’s performance, that make it what it is,” says Colfer. “They are truly the missing elements for an adaptation.”
In some ways, though, Ab Fab has been remade — as Broad City, which, intentionally or otherwise, channels the antic lunacy of Saunders’s creation, albeit with a millennial spin. To watch Broad City’s celebrated and brilliant “Hashtag FOMO” episode, in which Abbi and Ilana hop from party to party in an ever-more-desperate effort to be in the right place at the right time, is to see the ways in which the show expands on Ab Fab’s ability to parody the zeitgeist. Colfer notes that both shows are built around the ‘yes, and…’ school of improvisation, in which each of the two central participants accepts the reality the other has created and adds to it. It helps, too, that in both cases the women involved do not allow ego or self-consciousness to hinder them. In her autobiography, Bonkers: My Life in Laughs, Saunders succinctly sums up comedy’s appeal. “For me, [it] is about being allowed to be a child, to make things up and be silly. To play pretend and not be embarrassed in front of the person that you’re playing pretend with.”
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/7/2016, 5:43 pm

Instagram from @abfabmovie with Chris in it: Arrow link to instagram.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/12/2016, 11:21 am

Thanks for the reviews and comments,I personally still want to see the movie as I used to love the show. And I thought it would be nostalgic. Apart of it,though is in few scenes,is good that Chris was considered for AbFab Smile

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/18/2016, 8:24 pm

hrhchriscolfer Guess where I’m going! #abfabmovie

axemefink It’s. About. To. Go. Down. @hrhchriscolfer #SweetieDarling #AbFab #ColferAndFink #NYC #ProudBestie

axemefink Photo 2 of 10,000… #AbFab  @hrhchriscolfer @chillwithwill @abfabmovie

@PJchip  aa54

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/18/2016, 8:33 pm

Video of Chris on the Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie New York premiere red carpet:
Arrow  via ccn

Chris and Will Sherrod at the Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie premiere (July 18, 2016)
Aww, I love this pic. wub

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/18/2016, 9:51 pm

chriscolfernews:
Chris Colfer attends the ‘Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie’ New York premiere on July 18, 2016

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 7/18/2016, 11:48 pm

moviepilot.com
5 Fabulous Reasons Why You Must See 'Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie'
Edina and Patsy are back and better and ever. Here's why you shouldn't miss Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie.
By Michael Patterson

Chris Colfer
Without a doubt, one of the absolute highlights of the film was Chris Colfer’s hilarious role as Edina’s hairdresser/media consultant Christopher. In a sea of celebrity faces, it was Colfer who stood out as the best addition to the already great cast. Christopher was a pleasant addition to the Ab Fab family and perhaps the only celebrity role with substance (besides LuLu’s role as herself). In fact, Christopher would be right at home in a sequel or follow-up BBC series.
Known to many for his beloved role as Kurt Hummel on Glee, the Golden Globe winning actor and New York Times bestselling authordelivered a truly standout comedic performance. His one-liners were some of the best in the film and there is one scene in particular where he had the entire theater giggling without even opening his mouth.
Colfer may not have been in as much of the film as I would have liked, but he made sure to give us something to remember him by every time he appeared. Definitely my favorite celebrity face in the film.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 7/19/2016, 12:35 am

So happy for the review!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 on 7/19/2016, 3:36 am

That same critic wrought this earlier this week. He's a big Chris fan neutre

https://creators.co/@WatchTower/3998984

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 7/19/2016, 8:52 am

Chris looked amazing (and when doesn't he?) and he looked like he had a wonderful time. He and will looked wonderful and Ashley looked amazing. And it's wonderful that his role, however small, is being called by so many critics as being one of the highlights of the film.

I'm hoping that this gives Chris his acting bug again. I would not be at all surprised if Glee soured him to a certain degree on the acting part of career and with the success of TLOS, he was able to step back. But he's had some great experiences doing AbFab (and HIC) so my hope is that will revitalize the burn to act and we'll hear about another role for him in the not too distant future.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 7/19/2016, 1:46 pm

Oh my,how did I miss this Chris fest? He looks ab fab as usual,and seems had so much fun at the after party Smile Besides is always nice to see Will and Ashley there, I'm glad Chris have people like them in his life. And I'm proud he is receiving so many good reviews,even though was an small role,it says a lot about him as an actor: he shines in any role he that is given to him.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/19/2016, 6:15 pm

HQ

abfabmovie  #squadgoals #AbFabMovie

HQ and more pics at the source

Video of Chris being interviewed on the red carpet: Arrow link.
And another one: Arrow link.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/19/2016, 6:23 pm

HQ and more pics at the source

Instagram video of Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley thanking Chris at their introduction before the movie was shown: Arrow instagram.

hrhchriscolfer Clearly, I had NO fun at the #abfabmovie premiere… angellic Hope everyone sees it!

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 7/19/2016, 6:29 pm

Tom and Lorenzo fashion blog (which can be quite withering in its critiques) on Chris' red carpet fashion for ABFAB movie:

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2016/07/chris-colfer-at-the-absolutely-fabulous-the-movie-ny-premiere/

We’re impressed. He was always a little hit-or-miss in his Glee days, but this is more or less impeccable. Plaid, camo and polka dots are a LOT to ask of one outfit, but because it’s all tone-on-tone and the prints are subtle, it works surprisingly well.

He hasn’t aged one day on his face in the last several years, and he probably won’t for another couple at least, but the style choices speak of a maturity that suits him well.

And we didn’t realize until just now how long it’s been since we’ve seen a skinny suit jacket that actually fits the wearer impeccably. Guys, if you’re not built for the skinny suit, don’t force yourself into one.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 7/20/2016, 8:17 pm

"I decided I was not going to improvise at all. I didn’t want to be a show-off, just a good soldier. I don’t know why I was worried because they let me come in and be funny and ridiculous. It was wonderful to be in their space and feel their energy. Jennifer [Saunders] kept giving me more and more lines."
Chris Colfer on his Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie experience.
x

"I decided I was not going to improvise at all. I didn’t want to be a show-off, just a good soldier. I don’t know why I was worried because they let me come in and be funny and ridiculous. It was wonderful to be in their space and feel their energy. Jennifer [Saunders] kept giving me more and more lines."
 Chris Colfer on his Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie experience

Two (short) red carpet interviews:  Arrow 1 and 2.

"All in all, it’s an extremely satisfying movie for fans of the original television show. [Jennifer] Saunders and [Joanna] Lumley toss off absurd gags and biting one-liners as casually as if they were last year’s Gucci gladiator sandals. Celebrity guests abound, with particularly strong turns from Jon Hamm (Mad Men) and Chris Colfer (Glee)."
Orlando Weekly’s review of Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top