Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

+28
Sunshine 2012
Kurt addict
opals
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
kac
sheny
TimF
tanita_mors
Ireth
Divalicious
Catt24
angelnessa
Tash87
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Georgette888
mindschemez
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
coxfire
Buenos
brisallie
Vir Cotto
ColferInspired
32 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 2:58 pm

NGL...on hypothetical forums...

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6

Post  angelnessa 5/14/2014, 3:00 pm

Tash87 wrote:Somewhere, Naya Rivera is chilling on a beach drinking a glass of wine, laughing.

Along with the newbies  fanny2 .
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 3:01 pm

I'll agree that the odd are very much against a season 6 as things stand now. The big question will be how much RIB is willing to fight for another season, even if it's an abbreviated one and what kind of concessions they are willing to make in order to get it. In all honestly, looking at this from a business perspective, it would be smarter to just call it quits and pay off the actor contracts.

It would immediately benefit someone like Chris, who has multiple projects lined up and would free him to work on them at his leasure. It would be a disaster to someone like Darren who's profile is still very much tied to Glee and doesn't seem to have anything outside of the show currently in the works. Lea would also be a bit iffy, at least in the short term, since her outside projects haven't panned out as well as she would like.

Glee is over. There is no denying that once you look at the numbers. The question is how long are they going to be willing to drag the inevitable death out.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 3:12 pm

Wonder what else  has been going on behind the scenes...

Chord's twitter IMO threw tacky and gratuitous shade on both Amber and Darren.

He just finishes a major SL with Amber and he says he prefers Sam/Britt/Quinn  ?   phr34r 

asked about Darren, And saying he prefers Kevin vocally?  phr34r 

I thought both remarks were uncalled for.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tash87 5/14/2014, 3:31 pm

I didn't think there was anything wrong with him saying he prefers Kevin's voice but I thought his comments about preferring the Quinn/Brit story lines were tacky since he obviously prefers those cause the actresses were thin and blond. No way in hell do I believe he thought the Brittany/Sam relationship was better written. I could hand wave him saying Quinn, but Brittany? Yeah right.

Tash87
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 3:37 pm

Tash87 wrote:I didn't think there was anything wrong with him saying he prefers Kevin's voice but I thought his comments about preferring the Quinn/Brit story lines were tacky since he obviously prefers those cause the actresses were thin and blond. No way in hell do I believe he thought the Brittany/Sam relationship was better written. I could hand wave him saying Quinn, but Brittany? Yeah right.
Yeah, preferences are one thing I agree,  but he said it in the context of responding when  asked what was his favorite Blaine number.  I thought that was tacky.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Tash87 5/14/2014, 3:45 pm

Yeah that was weird. With stuff like that and rumors of backstage drama, it reminds me of middle school when all the kids would get along all year, but then on the last week of school, some kids would suddenly start getting into trouble and having arguments because we were all just ready for it to be over and were tired of being around each other. Yet another reason why they need to veto a season 6. Bad writing, low ratings, no longer a critical darling, AND drama on set/negative work environment? It's not worth it.

And something tells me Ryan won't fight hard for more episodes as long as everyone gets a payout. I think he's been checked out of Glee for a while.

Tash87
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 3:49 pm

Ranwing wrote:Given the piss poor ratings (and losing to a weak CW program - we're not talking Supernatural here), I will be shocked as hell if Glee gets any new episodes greenlighted for next season. Having said that, I've come up with my own appropriate ending for the series.

Kurt has taken advantage of the contacts made through June's showcase and he's in London filming a costume drama. There he reunits with Adam, recognizes that he and Blaine just don't belong together and calls off their engagement.

Flash foward three years... Rachel's pilot doesn't get picked up and her behavior got her blacklisted on Broadway so she's struggling now to make it as an actor and is now a punch line at NYADA. Mercedes album sold well enough for her to get picked up as an opening act for a big name and she makes slow, steady progress on building her own career. Sam is back in Lima and no one has spoken to him since (or cares to. Blaine is on the bar circuit singing the usual standards and has had some minor success, but nothing really outstanding. Santana has built success on commercials and gained a role in cable network program. Brittany got lost in the basement of Penn Station and has not been seen since.

And Kurt... happily married to Adam and splitting his time between performing on the West End and doing fine British cinema.

There... I fixed it.

Can I be selfish and change your neat, little headcannon into Kurtbastian?!  blushh 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 4:28 pm

Taken from the URBP episode thread:

Lottie2303 wrote:What is interesting, the reduced last season was announced only days ago. Chord for one did not know anything. Chris starts shooting his new movie in August (?!) in England, when S6 should actually be in production. It fuels the fire that Chris may only return as returning guest start next season. It would only explain the very, very sudden need to promote Daleatreet (?).

Chris first mentioned being attached (not in talks with, but attached) to the biopic more than half a year ago. Which means that he had to be in talks with his bosses in Glee about working out a time for the film production to begin and negotiating a period of time when he would be able to film. I agree that it's no accident that suddenly Lea is pushed to advertise with Darren and Chord and what little spoiler talk is centering on their characters with nothing about Chris. Now that we know that the biopic is not only going ahead, but filming is set to start in just a few months, it becomes clear that this is not because Chris is being pushed out, but because he's making the choice to reduce his Glee schedule so that he could commit to an outside project.

This is not something that would have happened suddenly. I think that Chris and his team have been working out the logistics for months in order to get everything lined up right and Chris got the go ahead sometime in the past month or two (when he started reducing his PR work for Glee and we got more Darren). So while we were all getting angry that it looked like Chris was being slighted in favor of his less-talented costar, in reality they had no choice but to use Darren because Chris was moving on to a major new project. It would also explain why Chris was not at the Upfronts. For Chris, going from regular to guest star works to his advantage because he has these new projects that he can't keep postponing.

Of course, all this came about before FOX made the annoucement about reducing their order for next season's episodes and Glee not coming back for the fall TV season. I doubt that this will in any way affect Chris's comittment to Noel, but I have a feeling that production for Glee is going to be pushed back. If they're not getting the full season order, then the whole plan for season 6 has to get tossed to accomidate the fact that they will only have a limited number of episodes. If filming starts later than usual, then Chris might be avaialble for his usual Glee committement and he'll go back to his usual status. But I think a lot of this is still going to be up in the air until FOX and RIB come to an agreement about how to handle season 6.

Regardless, Chris is moving on with his career. He doesn't need Glee any longer. Unfortunately, Glee still very much needs him and won't have him nearly as much as they would like.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/14/2014, 5:20 pm

Ranwing wrote:Given the piss poor ratings (and losing to a weak CW program - we're not talking Supernatural here), I will be shocked as hell if Glee gets any new episodes greenlighted for next season. Having said that, I've come up with my own appropriate ending for the series.

Kurt has taken advantage of the contacts made through June's showcase and he's in London filming a costume drama. There he reunits with Adam, recognizes that he and Blaine just don't belong together and calls off their engagement.

Flash foward three years... Rachel's pilot doesn't get picked up and her behavior got her blacklisted on Broadway so she's struggling now to make it as an actor and is now a punch line at NYADA. Mercedes album sold well enough for her to get picked up as an opening act for a big name and she makes slow, steady progress on building her own career. Sam is back in Lima and no one has spoken to him since (or cares to. Blaine is on the bar circuit singing the usual standards and has had some minor success, but nothing really outstanding. Santana has built success on commercials and gained a role in cable network program. Brittany got lost in the basement of Penn Station and has not been seen since.

And Kurt... happily married to Adam and splitting his time between performing on the West End and doing fine British cinema.

There... I fixed it.

That is something I would watch. Sounds great.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 5:24 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:

There... I fixed it.

Can I be selfish and change your neat, little headcannon into Kurtbastian?!  blushh 

Kurtbastian, Kurtofsky, Kelliot... whatever you'd like! I'm an equal opportunity shipper!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 5:25 pm

Glee basically flatlined last night.

It might not be worth it to give it CPR and put it on lifesupport again.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 5/14/2014, 5:36 pm

I'll give the writers a shred of credit that they were recognizing the writing on the walls and wrote a season finale that could serve as an series finale if the worst happens and FOX pulls the plug completely. But the DNR order has been signed and no heroic measures will be taken. Whatever hint of life that Glee has left to it will sputter out before too long.

It's an absolute shame that a show that I took so much pleasure in watching has come to this point. I've sen shows fall apart as they aged, but never so spectacularly. To have a show runner who was so completely blind to what his "vision" was doing to his pet project. Or actors who weren't up to the challenge of shouldering lead roles shoved ahead of those who had proven themselves able to carry a show. It was a tale of ego and hubris. If you told someone that Glee wasn't purposefully sabotogued to kill it, they'd be hard pressed to believe you.

But some good has come out of it. Chris has been given to the world and that is the most precious of gifts. As much as I hate Ryan Murphy and would never want to see an actor I like have the misfortune of working with him, he did at one point recognize the remarkable gifts in a young, totally unknown actor and wrote a place for him in the show. I'll always be thankful for that.

Last edited by Ranwing on 9/11/2014, 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/14/2014, 5:43 pm

Buenos wrote:General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 4 Tumblr_n5kk0vYQ3I1ql1znmo1_500

Oh Lea, very bad timing.     phr34r

Oh Lea, I expect to read tweets response like one I read last year 'I don't know what show did you see, but apparently we didn't see the same'.

Lol I'm not gonna lie, but I was astonished that Glee was beaten by a series from CW that regularly don't get better ratings. And I know Reilly, that his name right?, will talk to Ryan, but honestly I don't see any possibility to renew Glee, how do you save a series that is sunk?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 5:56 pm

Buenos wrote:Wonder what else  has been going on behind the scenes...

Chord's twitter IMO threw tacky and gratuitous shade on both Amber and Darren.

He just finishes a major SL with Amber and he says he prefers Sam/Britt/Quinn  ?   phr34r 

asked about Darren, And saying he prefers Kevin vocally?  phr34r 

I thought both remarks were uncalled for.

maybe it's his honest opinion. kevin is indeed a much better singer than DC, so it must means that chord has good ears for quality singing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/14/2014, 6:02 pm

Conspiracy theory: Chord wanted to start a shitstorm, to get people tweeting and help the ratings??!  saispa 

But I am most certainly wrong, to be fair. Maybe it was only meant to be a shout out to Kevin. Nonetheless, Chord did some very strange tweets last night.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/14/2014, 6:25 pm

A .6 ratings is "Rake" numbers... Shocked

I would have to punch the numbers but I believe Glee is the lowest rated show of ANY of the big 4 network shows to get renewed.  Ouch.

No idea what FOX will do, it's not even a matter of improving Glee somehow, it's all damage control at this point.

And yes, Ranwing, Lea pushing "Daleastreet" because Chris wouldn't factor in the first part of the season makes sense. In a sense the show had no choice if they were accommodating Chris. I suspect Chris wanted this role badly and RIB to their credit made it happen.

It just happened to work out he doesn't have to be around publicly for the sinking ship.  phr34r 

Some of you owe my poor Lea an apology... coool 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 6:36 pm

lea's tweet about last night's episode made me feel really sorry for her.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/14/2014, 7:35 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 6 - Page 4 Tumblr_n5l1gx7Kqf1twcgl1o1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 9:09 pm

^ brian, glee is over. let it go.  Smile 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 5/14/2014, 9:44 pm

fantastica wrote:^ brian, glee is over. let it go.  Smile 

Yep, stick a fork in it, Blee has been overcooked for more than 2 seasons.  I can't imagine FOX wanting to continue to pump any more monies for RIB's whim of the week for even half a season order. It's sad that all the potential of stories and talent from the cast were wasted because of FOX's short shortsightedness and greed, in which they gave RIB an additional 2 years after the split narrative/newbies were a bust. They can proclaim that Cory's death threw things off, but there were serious, structural problems with the show before Cory had passed. And FOX barely questioned Ryan's vision or direction of the show, and were more concerned about gay PDA, then the overall quality/content of the show.

Glee will go down in many ways, but for me, it will be a blueprint on how to sabotage your own show six ways till Sunday with poor writing, poor management, and incompetence from not only the show runners, but the network that allowed it.

Thank god that Chris will be free of this stinking ship once and for all.  coool

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/14/2014, 10:03 pm

Glad to see you back again!  Smile  poor writing was apparent even in the very beginning. glee has a very peculiar style of storytelling that's very infantile - mainly the way conflicts are resolved - via a song and a dance and all are happily ever after until the next conflict, and all the conflicts are similar (love triangles, competitions, etc.). characters are pretty much all cardboard cut outs and very predictable. in the beginning however, because the show is so fresh and original, its flaws were easily ignored, or even became a temporary strength - there's just nothing else like it. after couple of seasons though, once the freshness and originality is gone (as we have watched the same thing "rinse and repeat" again and again - even the noobs are reincarnation of the oldies), what's left are all these flaws. this show's success is built on novelty, and not any inherent strength in storytelling. it does have great production value though. i give the cast and crew a huge thumbs up for their raw talent and hard work. w/o them the show wouldn't even last half as long. oh, i still think this show can be very watchable for children (minus the adult themes) and hard core klaine shippers who basically are older children wanting fairytale relationships. for audiences w/ a real life though, it's not worth even 5 minutes of viewing time.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 5/14/2014, 10:17 pm

fantastica wrote:Glad to see you back again!  Smile  poor writing was apparent even in the very beginning. glee has a very peculiar style of storytelling that's very infantile - mainly the way conflicts are resolved - via a song and a dance and all are happily ever after until the next conflict, and all the conflicts are similar (love triangles, competitions, etc.). characters are pretty much all cardboard cut outs and very predictable. in the beginning however, because the show is so fresh and original, its flaws were easily ignored, or even became a temporary strength - there's just nothing else like it. after couple of seasons though, once the freshness and originality is gone (as we have watched the same thing "rinse and repeat" again and again - even the noobs are reincarnation of the oldies), what's left are all these flaws. this show's success is built on novelty, and not any inherent strength in storytelling. it does have great production value though. i give the cast and crew a huge thumbs up for their raw talent and hard work. w/o them the show wouldn't even last half as long. oh, i still think this show can be very watchable for children (minus the adult themes) and hard core klaine shippers who basically are older children wanting fairytale relationships. for audiences w/ a real life though, it's not worth even 5 minutes of viewing time.

Have to agree with you there Kim. It seemed that Ryan was only interested in the characters as though they came out of 3 minute music video since there was no continuity or care with the characterization of most of them. Seriously, how many times could we watch Rachel being so self-absorbed and be rewarded for it at the same time? Or the 500th Klaine mis-communiques and Kurt taking that doofus back? I think it was the freshness of the show, in terms of the concept, and really the core cast that gave Glee the sustaining power it did for the first three years. After that, it went to kitty hell...

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/15/2014, 4:35 am

^You could argue that in the first 2 seasons there at least were a few major story arcs that spread out over multiple episodes and kept everyone in ND connected through a common goal. Especially the Front 13 and the Back 9 had something to build up to: the competitions and the home life of Mr. Shue (and maybe Finchel's relationship).
But even as soon as season 2 the competitions already became less important and RIB got majorly distracted by PDA's, big messages and new shiny toys. We all know what happened with Kurt who got stranded in Dalton because of Blaine and the Warbler's success, Karofsky's woobification and Santana's upcoming popularity.

After season 2 the competitions were basically discarded and seen only as irritating obligatory storylines that took up precious screentime, and all that remained was pop 40 songs, horrible PDA's, showcasing the 4 singers with a record deal, guest stars, and endless love triangles and virginity plotlines (from Klaine and Finchel to Wemma and now Samcedes).

Ugh, RIB and Fox ruined their own show. I don't think they could have done even worse and ruined their show quicker if they had actually actively tried to do so.  Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 5/15/2014, 4:40 am

Glorfindel wrote:^You could argue that in the first 2 seasons there at least were a few major story arcs that spread out over multiple episodes and kept everyone in ND connected through a common goal. Especially the Front 13 and the Back 9 had something to build up to: the competitions and the home life of Mr. Shue (and maybe Finchel's relationship).
But even as soon as season 2 the competitions already became less important and RIB got majorly distracted by PDA's, big messages and new shiny toys. We all know what happened with Kurt who got stranded in Dalton because of Blaine and the Warbler's success, Karofsky's woobification and Santana's upcoming popularity.

After season 2 the competitions were basically discarded and seen only as irritating obligatory storylines that took up precious screentime, and all that remained was pop 40 songs, horrible PDA's, showcasing the 4 singers with a record deal, guest stars, and endless love triangles and virginity plotlines (from Klaine and Finchel to Wemma and now Samcedes).

Ugh, RIB and Fox ruined their own show. I don't think they could have done even worse and ruined their show quicker if they had actually actively tried to do so.  Mad

Great post. I agree. Although,I start a thread of what I want in season 6.I much rather Glee be cancelled and there is no season 6.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next