Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  sheny 9/25/2014, 1:57 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 2:51 pm

Not trilled with seeing Kurt standing alone in the rain (emphasis on alone apparently). But I'm wondering if part of Kurt's reaction to all this is that it's not just Blaine who's not around. None of Kurt's old friends and support network are there. Rachel is off in LA. Santana went off with Mercedes. Sam and Blaine are both gone and unfortunately Dani and Elliot are for all intents and purposes dropped off the face of the Earth. So not only is Kurt wrestling with the aftermath of his break up, but he's doing it totally on his own with none of his closest friends for support. That's difficult to handle, no matter how you cut it.

Am starting to think that Kurt returning to Lima is less about getting Blaine back, but regaining that lost connection with his oldest friends. Am definitely getting the impression that his loneliness extends to a lot more than just Blaine. And that one of the reasons that his relationship with Blaine fell apart was because all the people who used to run interference between them were gone.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 3:31 pm

NGL,

Kurt is going to look so beautiful alone in the rain..., a drenched and lonely angel!

Showing the argument is not good for Blaine I suspect , Klainers before could just assume it was all Kurt's fault , however actually seeing whiny insecure Blaine bickering again on screen , oh my. phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 3:36 pm

Oh, unquestionably... he will look like a wounded angel.

I'm curious about the things that the call sheet doesn't specify. Who is the hot date that Kurt is waiting for? Is he standing in the rain after the hot date or after his last date with Blaine?

As much as I'm sick of seeing Kurt sad (and to see him brought down after starting of with a "confident spring in his step", no one can infuse the angst into a scene the way Chris does.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2014, 3:51 pm

I just wish they would stop showing time and time again how wrong Klaine is for each other while holding on for to this end game thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Blaine been the cause of every single fight that they've had. His pulling away from Kurt lead to the issues in the Whitney Houston episode. Blaine's drunken attack lead to the fight in the First Time. The breakup. The fight in tested. All of them that showed time and time again how incompatible Klaine is.

But they have to make Kurt pine and miss Blaine. They have to make Kurt be the one to make amends. Kurt couldn't have development with Adam because he was hung up on Blaine, and now some other hot guy is going to tell him he's not over Blaine.

They are portraying Kurt like the woman in a abusive relationship who just can't give up the man who has beaten down her self confidence so much. But Kurt alone is so much more strong and confident than that.

The speed dating scene should be fun, but it will most likely be far too short to really give it what it deserves.

The only thing certain is that Chris will act the hell out of it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 4:02 pm

I'm glad Chris is getting some acting scenes he.will.kill.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 4:04 pm

I think that the best way to survive this season is to treat it as an academic exercise. To watch Chris make magic with crap material and not to focus so much on Kurt. The season is going to be a disaster for every character (and as much as I hate him, Blaine is being dragged through the mud even worse than Kurt - I'd rather have my favorite be a hopeless romantic unable to let go o his first love than a fickle jerk) so rather than worry about the storyline so much, I'm just going to enjoy watching Chris act the hell out of every scene he's given.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/25/2014, 4:05 pm

Ow, ow, ow. They are really making us hurt...ow again.

This excessive beating down of Kurt as a human being is just horrible.

Yes, Chris seems to be the only actor in the roster to be able to deliver, but come on!
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 9/25/2014, 4:22 pm

Looks like lots of Kurt scenes, which is nice.

Jellyrolls wrote:I just wish they would stop showing time and time again how wrong Klaine is for each other while holding on for to this end game thing.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Blaine been the cause of every single fight that they've had.  His pulling away from Kurt lead to the issues in the Whitney Houston episode.  Blaine's drunken attack lead to the fight in the First Time.  The breakup.  The fight in tested.  All of them that showed time and time again how incompatible Klaine is.

But they have to make Kurt pine and miss Blaine.  They have to make Kurt be the one to make amends.  Kurt couldn't have development with Adam because he was hung up on Blaine, and now some other hot guy is going to tell him he's not over Blaine.  

They are portraying Kurt like the woman in a abusive relationship who just can't give up the man who has beaten down her self confidence so much.  But Kurt alone is so much more strong and confident than that.

The speed dating scene should be fun, but it will most likely be far too short to really give it what it deserves.  

The only thing certain is that Chris will act the hell out of it.

My thoughts exactly.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 4:48 pm

It's interesting, and not totally a surprise, that Blaine and Rachel seem to be besties while Kurt isn't around. Both of them very much need a steady steam of reassurance and having sunshine blown up their asses. Rachel needs to be told that she's a "legend" while Blaine needs to have everyone's attention on him. They might love Kurt, but they have always seen themselves as being in competition with him. It's not the same as the relationship between one another. So they can play the part that the other needs without the competitive aspect coming into play.

And right now, Kurt is not only not around to play cheerleader for him (because he starts out in NY), but because he's now in a much better position than they are. Rachel might be doing something good by trying to restart ND, but let's be honest here. If she had any real career prospects open to her, Rachel wouldn't be anywhere near Lima. Rachel can paint it however she wants in order to make this bearable, but she is there because she has nowhere else to go. The same for Blaine and Dalton. They fucked up their opportunities - Rachel with her inability to control her own ambitions and Blaine because of his weakness and self-indulgence. Kurt is the one who managed to stay strong and keep his eye on the path. So having Kurt, who is still at NYADA where he is a rising star and has all the professional opportunities possible open to him trying to reassure both of them how amazing they are just rings false. And is a constant reminder of how they failed. So they fall into one another's company because they can get the emotional gratification they need without the reminder that someone else has what they don't.

My deepest hope is that Kurt recognizes that their neediness is a black hole that he can easily get sucked into. That if he doesn't take care and worry about his own prospects while he's worried about propping them up when they need it, he's gong to be the one left with nothing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 4:58 pm

Kurt and Blaine "It's too late" by Carole King.
coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 5:07 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Yes, Chris seems to be the only actor in the roster to be able to deliver, but come on!
They've been relying on Chris bringing the heart and soul into Glee's since season 1, and they piled even more and more on him when the writing became worse and worse.

It's obvious that now they are using Chris' acting skills (and his ability to say more in a 2 second look than any sensible 2 minutes scene RIB can write on a good day) again to bring the emotion and somewhat believability (from Kurt's side anyway) into this new Klaine drama, as they know Darren won't be able to do it (so they've hitched him to another good actor to prop his side of the story up: Max, but boy, is that backfiring already).

It's funny in an ironic way to realize that we will probably only get Klaine's breakup from Kurt's POV now (after ignoring Kurt's POV for 2 seasons) because they need Chris's Golden Globe awarding acting talent to sell it. 

And yeah: Chris will look absolutely beautiful alone in the rain while our Kurtsie hearts break. It's that double feeling again we had with the 'Bash' episode.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 5:08 pm

If they keep the duet balanced, then it's an excellent choice and I'm going to enjoy the howls from the Klaine fandom since it certainly doesn't hint at any remote chance of a reconciliation. If Blaine sings the second part after the chorus, then it would be an admission that he did a lot to make Kurt miserable.

Please... let this be the start of them recognizing that they shouldn't be together romantically. Please...

Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 5:14 pm

^Here's hoping, but I remember we had the same hope when they sang 'Love is a Battlefield'.

And since 6x03 seems to be a Carole King/Alanis Morissette tribute episode maybe 'It's Too Late' is simply a song they needed to shove into someone's storyline, the writers not realizing/caring that that song might make the storyline worse, like 'It's Not Right But It's Okay' made Blaine look absolutely terrible in the Whitney episode.

Full song list for 6x03, and some tidbits:
Check out the song list for Glee Season 6 Episode 6 “Jagged Little Tapestry.
Episode 6×03 was written by Brad Falchuk and directed by Paul McCrane.

As you might have guessed from the title, “Jagged Little Tapestry” mashes up songs from the female singer songwriters, Carole King and Alanis Morissette.

I will have a fuller spoiler poster up in a bit. But yes, the rumors are true–in this episode, something very special happens between Brittany and Santana.

And as you can see, most of  the Glee alums are back for Episode 3, including Tina, Brittany, Santana, Puck and Quinn.  But not Mercedes.

“It’s Too Late” by Carole King
– Sung by Kurt and Blaine
“Hand in My Pocket/I Feel the Earth Move by Alanis Morissette/Carole King – Sung by Santana and Brittany
“Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow/Head over Feet” by Carole King/Alanis Morissette – Sung by Mason and Jane.
“So Far Away/You Oughta Know” – by Carole King/Alanis Morissette – Sung by Quinn and Tina
“You Learn/You’ve Got a Friend” – by Alanis Morissette/Carole King – Sung by Rachel, Santana, Kurt, Brittany, Quinn, Tina, Puck, Quinn and New Directions
MJ

Very little Lea, and tbh i'm okay with that, because I think the songs of these 2 female artists will be better off sung by Naya en Jenna. Not sure that Heather will do good with Carole King and/or Alanis Morissette, but Dianna might surprise us in a good way.

And can Kurt please sing with someone else than Blaine soon?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 5:53 pm

Spoilers from MJ for 6x03. OMG, you better sit down before reading this:

- The alums decide to stick around another week to help out. Quinn, Puck, Brittany, Santana, Puck and Tina are on hand (Not Mercedes or Artie, though)

- Kurt and Rachel come up with the idea of an Alanis Morissette/Carole King mashup week. Kurt wanted to go classic–Rachel wanted something more modern and angsty. They compromise. The two continue to have power struggles.  Rachel accuses Kurt of allowing his heartbreak to affect his work. She’s not wrong.

- Jane, Roderick, Mason and Madison are members of New Directions.

- Kurt runs into Blaine and Karofsky at the music store and they have a little awkward conversation. As they walk off, Kurt breaks into song. A montagey duet between the two of them ensues.

- Santana proposes to Brittany in front of the Glee club
. Brittany says yes.  Kurt objects, due to his painful engagement and break-up with Blaine. They’re all too young to be married, he says.  Santana tells Kurt off, pulling out every insult she can muster.

- There is a very sweet scene, before the proposal, between Brittany and Santana. They lay in bed together in Brit’s bedroom.

- Kurt apologizes to Brittany for his behavior in the choir room.  She drops the news that Blaine and Karofsky have moved in together.  (Happens AFTER Kurt runs into them at the music store/montagey duet). She knows, because they asked her to decorate their new apartment. She gives him real advice. He should move on, date someone else.  He takes her advice in, appreciatively, but continues to struggle.

- Spencer wants a shot at being quarterback, but Beiste isn’t convinced. Sam champions Spencer’s ambitions.

- Beiste is acting weird, and Sam and the team, including Spencer, are worried about her.  It turns out she has a huge personal issue going on.  Everybody, including Sue, promise to support her.

- Becky is still around too. She needs help with a boy. The others, including Sue and Roz Washington (she’s back!) worry because he’s not special needs. Tina and Quinn help in Becky’s quest to impress him.  She lies about being in a slew of after school activities including the CPR society of America.
mjsbigblog
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 6:02 pm

Blaine has already moved in with Dave. Let that one sink in. Shocked
Run Kurt, run.

So the big gay wedding on Glee will be Brittana? Are the Klainers fuming at the mouth on tumblr yet? Smile 
But not here for Santana insulting Kurt. 

Silver lining: at least it seems that Kurt is getting screentime this time, and is in the midst of where all the action is: the McKinley choir room.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/25/2014, 6:40 pm

And they let Santana kick Kurt also again. I cannot believe this torture fest for Kurt continues. He's alone in NY, no one cares about him in Lima, what the hell is he supposed to do. Now all we need is someone making him feel guilty if he does infact decide to go out with someone new on a date.

Maybe Burt can again bring up the topic of how promiscuous Kurt seemes to have turned into. Mad
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 9/25/2014, 7:03 pm

Yeah...even more convinced that Klaine is over/not intended to be "endgame", and that chapter is nearing resolution. Season 5 was not a coincidence. It showed us just how toxic that relationship is (Puppet Master, Tested are standouts), and in a way was a preparation to what led us here in season 6. There's not a lot of episodes this season, so it makes sense to pile so much on that relationship this early--break up, new relationship with Kurt's former abuser, moved in. To me it seems Blaine will have his happy ending relationship-wise with Karofsky, and once Kurt comes to terms, the remainder of the season will be used for Kurt to grow and find happiness for himself as well. They need to get the "bad" out of the way quickly up front, so they can focus on better things moving forward.

"It's too Late" is such a great song choice, perfect really, and further supports that Klaine isn't meant to be. The song recognizes the problems in a relationship and why a couple can't and shouldn't be together. But is also respectful and grateful for the time that they did have together as a couple, and acknowledging they will continue to have good times--but as friends.

If the writers continue to go there and not pull some non-sensical magical reunion in the last seconds of the series finale, then I will truly have some respect for them. This is really good.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 7:20 pm

For Blaine's sake I hope he's not the bottom.  phr34r

Alone in my corner I love all this drama/angst for Kurt.
Beats not getting into NYADA, and it appears Kurt is getting plenty of screentime.

Scenes with Rachel, Dave, Blaine, Brittany and Santana.

And yeah to Kurt who starts the singing in "It's too late". I love that song and Chris is going to kill the singing , it suits his range wonderfully! wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 7:39 pm

LMAO:

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 39 Tumblr_inline_nchal9ucAf1rq8e73

Lol, it didn't take him long to coddle the Klainers again.
But even Joaquin can't deny what's going to happen in Glee with some vague "our boys are going to be fine" comment.

"Stop reading the spoilers" doesn't really help anymore. Pandora's box has been opened.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2014, 7:58 pm

Overall, I like these spoilers.

I have to say, I do like the idea of a Rachel/Kurt power struggles. I love their crazy little fights. Both Chris and Lea act them so well, and really, out of the cast that is left, I think they are really the strongest scene partners for each other. Chris and Lea act these crazy power struggles and fights with passion and venom, but they also show that Kurt and Rachel love and respect each other even when they don't always see eye to eye.

It would really be great if Glee would end this show with heavy focus on Kurt and Rachel's journeys--not their love lives. Kurt and Rachel are the heart and soul of the show (Blaine and Sam are the hunchback's hump). If I was RIB, I would end the series with Kurt and Rachel finding their way back to New York looking to a new start and refocus on their dreams.

I really hope that It's Too Late really is the end for Klaine. There is just so much there that shows how horrible Klaine is, and the fact that Blaine is moving in with another guy just six months after breaking up (for the second time) with Kurt shows that Kurt isn't really as important to Blaine as Klainers would like to think he is. A Kledding send the wrong message to the young and impressionable fans. Showing that it's OK recognize that a relationship is not good for you and to move on from it is a far more powerful message.

@glorfindel Klainers are tweeting their typical hate, threats to harm RIB, and threats to harm themselves.

Sounds like they are trying to give Dot Marie another shot at an Emmy with another storyline that has Beiste struggling with something, which is sure to lead to some teary eyed scenes. So is Sam going to be the assistant coach for the football team?

I'll be watching to support Chris. I'm going to see this through (except if the kledding does happen--I don't think I can stomach that).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/25/2014, 8:01 pm

One more thing, Carole King and Alanis Morrisette is an interesting mash up combination. I do like most of the songs that they are using.

Just as an aside, I saw Carol King and James Taylor in concert a few years ago, and can I just say Carole is a beast. The woman was 69 years old at the time, and she was running around the stage in three inch heels with more energy than woman half her age have.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 8:44 pm

Jellyrolls, Best decision to make him co Director with Rachel! (Suspect Sam got bumped once Chris was available in the fall)

Kurt has so many scenes!

bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 9/25/2014, 9:08 pm

Totally agree that after this relationship drama is done, that the show will focus on Rachel and Kurt's individual journey, as well as their friendship. The evolution of that relationship starting from season 1 is great.

Also, really liking the song choices. Sort of going back to rare form, as far as music goes.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 9:10 pm

Klaine is so fucked up it isn't even funny. Shocked

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next