Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

+26
Vir Cotto
kac
TimF
mindschemez
Delight
angelnessa
M&M
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
bayth
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Jellyrolls
sjonnepon
sheny
Glorfindel
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Ranwing
coxfire
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
30 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Glorfindel 9/23/2014, 4:57 pm

fantastica wrote:ironically, bland guys/gals are easy to pair w/ anybody/anything. it's like certain bland food that can go with anything/everything - like white rice/white bread. they don't add anything to the dish but they won't take much away either. they are just there as fillers.
But they dyed his hair brown this season! Revolutionary!!! tonguue

SAG OR NON UNION CASTING NOTICE FOR 18 TLY PREPPY GUYS WITH NICE OR LUXURY CARS IN PRISTINE CONDITION - Sande Alessi Casting

PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU ARE NOT 18 TLY. We had way too many submissions from 27 year olds who did not look high school age. Shoots on “glee” on Weds & Thurs September 24 & 25. You need to live in the So Cal area to work this job. SAG RATE: 152/8+35 NON UNION RATE: 72/8+17.50
SAG OR NON CLEAN CUT, PREPPY GUYS W/ NEW OR LUXURY CARS: Age 18-22. You MUST either have a new car (2012 or newer) which is not red or white. Please email a CURRENT (taken today) color photo, your Union status, height/weight, year, make, model, color and condition description of car - or send a photo of car with all this info to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com Subject line should read: DALTON CAR
They seem to be fleshing out Dalton. Sleep
Ryan really loves that blazer with the red piping. (and the prep boys in it)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Glee season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1

Post  Divalicious 9/23/2014, 9:29 pm

Not only preppy boys, but do we really think they are going to show all their "pristine" cars. Unless they park them in the hallways. Isn't non-clean cut and preppy an oxymoron?

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/23/2014, 9:36 pm

Divalicious wrote:Not only preppy boys, but do we really think they are going to show all their "pristine" cars.  Unless they park them in the hallways.  Isn't non-clean cut and preppy an oxymoron?  

I think the posting is missing some punctuation. I read it as non-clean cut first, too, but then I realized that they met SAG or non-SAG for the actors, and the description starts with clean cut. Make sense?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/23/2014, 10:19 pm

^ That does make more sense. Smile

It is amusing when they mention that they are having too many applicants that appear non-teenagerish, when I see the potential people they hired for recurring roles. They must have forgotten Chris' baby face in season 1 and what a young person actually looks like.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/23/2014, 11:36 pm

NON UNION CASTING NOTICE FOR SPEED DATING GUYS - Sande Alessi Casting
NON UNION CASTING NOTICE-Age 25-70’s. Shoots on “glee” on Friday September 26th. You cannot have worked “glee” this season, nor can you be an established series regular from previous seasons. Shoots in Los Angeles. You must live in the So Cal area to work this show.
SPEED DATING GUYS: Age 24-30. This is supposed to be Gay Speed Dating, so you need to be OK with that. Please email a current color photo, your name, height/weight and phone number to: SandeAlessiCasting@gmail.com Subject line should read: FRI SD

Lots of ones think this is for Kurt, as I can't see it for anyone else, if they have nearly finished for 6x1 and 6x2 so this must be for 6x3. saispa
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/23/2014, 11:39 pm

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ncdvn5FEFe1sg9z6fo1_500

Glee  season 6 discussion and spoiler thread--Part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_ncdvn5FEFe1sg9z6fo2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/23/2014, 11:58 pm

This is from MJ.

More New Items

• We first see Kurt in New York, months after his break up with Blaine. Finally, he decides to speed date. One of his speed daters senses that Kurt isn’t over an old relationship and calls him out on it.  Kurt is surprised, but the experience sets him on the path to realizing that he still loves Blaine. antifana 

After Adam and "Tested" this is way beyond believable.

The way these spoilers are coming out the viewership might the worse Fox has ever had for any show.

So, Blaine is allowed to move on but Kurt isn't. badday

Last edited by ColferInspired on 9/24/2014, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/24/2014, 12:00 am

More from MJ.

ETA: A fan who was present at the Scandals shoot, which took place 9/19, got a look at the call sheet.  Everything I described above happened at Scandals (including the flashback), rather than at the Lima Bean.  Also, according to the OP, the scene takes place near the end of the episode.
ETA: Details from the call sheet.  Kurofsky happens to be, line dancing.After Kurt Blaine and Karofsky reveal they are a couple and describe how they met, Kurt heads off to the men’s room where he breaks down in tears. In the flashback, it’s country bear night at Scandals. Blaine first spots Kurofsky line dancing.
ETA: Also, according to the call sheet, Rachel seeks counsel from Mr. Shue at a Vocal Adrenaline adrenaline rehearsal. This is where the group sing “Dance the Night Away.” – Source.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2014, 1:31 am

Sorry but I love the idea of Kurt speed dating... Razz Razz

I also like how Kurt is being pro active, and sorry, it also contrasts (and not in a bad way) his character traits that differ from his ex.

Mostly I love that I think Chris has a chance to mine some comedic gold in a scene like that. Hope a couple of the guys are hot. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 9/24/2014, 2:01 am

Yep, can't do better than Blaine. He is utterly unforgettable. Kurt doesn't get to forget him any more than we get to. I can't decide whom I am more sorry for, Kurt or us. Nah, its Kurt, he has to sleep with Blaine, ick.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/24/2014, 2:32 am

Now I see why Chris has a Grumpy Cat theme for his trailer.

He knows they are going to completely destroy Kurt.

But hey, he is probably reading over his lines for Noel next year, writing TLOS4. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2014, 2:37 am

I understand why some of you think the storyline sucks, but I guess my point is that at least we are getting some of Kurt's POV in this storyline, and while some may not like his epiphany, I like that he's getting one in that  we see the process of how he gets from point A to point B.  IOW I welcome Kurt POV.

It's interesting because he broke up with Blaine and yet it takes him months to realize he still has feeling for Blaine, so yes, I do see how some  dislike  that he decides he still wants Blaine, but I like the fact we are seeing Kurt's thought processes  as opposed to being told what he is going through which was the crapfest in previous seasons. I'd rather have Kurt experience something on screen than have another character tell me.

At this point, Just want some funny speed date encounters, and some hilarious guys who are a spectrum of different types out there from hipsters to fashionistas to sports fans to comic con nerds... coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/24/2014, 6:28 am

^But we're not going to see Kurt's thought progress, we're not going to get his POV, at least not in this speed dating scene.
What we're going to get is, once again, someone else telling Kurt how he feels and basically wat he should do.

We saw this several times before. Santana and Rachel did it a couple times in season 4 (e.g. Santana telling Kurt he's crying when he sees the NND perform that it's because he still loves Blaine, and Rachel telling Kurt to move on to Adam). Isabelle told Kurt to forgive Blaine, Elliot told Kurt how lucky he was to be in such a great relationship (when Kurt was complaining about Blaine to him!).
And even Burt has been pushing Kurt and telling how he should feel ("Keep your loved ones close" while shoving Blaine in his face, and that awful manipulation when mentioning his mom before the proposal).

Notice: all these suggestions/pushes from other people to tell Kurt what he feels and what he must do are about Blaine. They were all pushing him back to Blaine. (And the only time Blaine urges him to do something, going to New York, Kurt gets punished for it big time because he was not around anymore!) And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's going to happen in season 6 as well.
It's almost like the writers know that if they made Kurt come to these conclusions himself it wouldn't be believable with how his character has developed in combination with the way Klaine has been portrayed, because after all the crap Blaine pulled noone in his right mind would still want him back, certainly not season 1 or season 4 Kurt.

It seems that since season 4 people constantly keep telling Kurt what he feels and what he should do. He’s being moved around on the Glee board like a pawn to whatever place Blaine or Rachel’s storylines need him to be, but he does not have an own voice and POV anymore.

Also: why would Kurt Hummel need to go speed dating when all those guys in fight class at NYADA were practically drooling over him?
Kurt speed dating would have been funny in season 4, when he was just finding his footing in New York, but he's now grown so confident since then and has shown he's the only one of the people who moved to New York who was able to make new friends on his own, several times even. Season 6 Kurt could get a guy on every arm without even trying.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2014, 10:35 am

Depends what what he does during the speed dialing to indicate he still has feelings for Blaine.  

Personally i would rather a Greek Chorus from a stranger who doesn't really know Kurt to give an opinon, and I'm sorry but seeing this on screen through speed dating is funny to me.

I know many loathe the decision of Kurt realizing he still likes Blaine, but I doubt a stranger is going to push Kurt to get back to Blaine on his own.
The outcome isn't what many want, which is fine, but I'm glad that we see Kurt trying to move ahead on his own.

If the same  thing happened to make Kurt realize he doesn't love  Blaine, I supsect some wouldn't object to Kurt's POV being shown that way.  coool
Anyways, we agree to disagree which is fine.

Also: why would Kurt Hummel need to go speed dating when all those guys in fight class at NYADA were practically drooling over him?
Kurt speed dating would have been funny in season 4, when he was just finding his footing in New York, but he's now grown so confident since then and has shown he's the only one of the people who moved to New York who was able to make new friends on his own, several times even. Season 6 Kurt could get a guy on every arm without even trying.

I could see why he would want to avoid going out with NYADA boys for several reasons TBH. It's a fiction, but once again, the outcome isn't what some want.

Last edited by Buenos on 9/24/2014, 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/24/2014, 10:36 am

The only rational I can find for the speed dating scene is that Kurt is still guarding himself emotionally and this kind of setting is a lot easier and less emotionally messy than putting yourself out there and just asking out someone that you're attracted to. The odds are that he and Blaine have only been apart for a few short months and knowing Kurt's character as well as I like to think I do, it's no surprise to me that he's taking some time to get over a relationship that he's been deeply emotionally invested in since he was 17 years old. Speed dating is casual so it lets him dip his toe into the dating pool without things getting too complicated.

I am actually okay with someone seeing that Kurt isn't over Blaine yet because this fits Kurt's character. He's not the kind who just gets over a relationship in five minutes. Of course, there is a light years difference between just not being emotionally ready to start dating others and deciding that he could get back together with his ex. I'm even okay with Kurt going to Lima to see Blaine if this is a part of him getting his feelings sorted out.

And it also fits in with Blaine's character to throw himself a grand old pity party (complete with flunking out of school) and then quickly taking up with someone else. Blaine, unlike Kurt, isn't capable of deep emotional investment. He's all about big gestures, be it a "heartfelt" song performance or having everyone in Lima and their grandmas helping to stage a public marriage proposal. He also has shown that he's usually more concerned with Kurt's reaction than he is about Kurt's actual feelings. The guy who dated Kurt's friend and biggest rival after Kurt admitted feelings for him and then pursued Sam while trying to reconcile with Kurt is certainly capable of taking up with a guy that Kurt has a long and complicated history with.

Now what we don't know if what happens after this, or how Chris is going to play these scenes. He often does things rather differently than the writers might have intended, showing the deep and complex nuances that the script fails to deliver. I can see Kurt being hurt, angry, and sad, and seriously wrestling with knowing that he broke up with Blaine for very good reasons and still feeling drawn to his ex. Chris is going to deliver a stand out performance here, because he's one of the few in the cast who can take the crap that the writers hand him and turn it into something worth watching.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/24/2014, 10:40 am

Someone posted this on Tumblr and it fits how I see things perfectly.

The fact that Kurt loves Blaine has never been in question. None of the break-up’s in the Klaine relationship have ever been about Kurt falling out of love with Blaine. Loving Blaine has always been the problem. What has been questionable is why on earth he keeps taking Blaine back, or chasing Blaine again (thus getting caught up in the same abusive relationship again and again), when he actually has found the strength to break away from him?

Blaine treats Kurt awfully. He is manipulative, abusive, controlling and selfish. He is the one who does not truly love Kurt, and he most certainly does not respect Kurt or view Kurt as his equal. If the writers are trying to get this message across to the viewers, that we often fall in love with those that are not good for us and our ability to grow, mature and develop mentally, and emotionally, then for God’s sake start showing us some sort of solution to Kurt’s main problem. We’ve got the message that Kurt loves Blaine despite what Blaine does to him. We get the message that it is extremely damaging and unhealthy, so, if you do want to be seen as this progressive show that teaches teens and shows them ‘ways out’, how about showing Kurt’s ‘way out’ instead of keeping repeating the same issue with no resolution?

I am sick of the writers constantly pushing this ‘soulmates’ and Klaine are endgame’ thing and effectively writing kurt to ‘fit’ that.
x
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2014, 10:55 am

Yes, Kurt's feelings aren't really the fickle ones here.

What I probably will not like is how Kurt breaking up with Blaine to begin is portrayed, in hindsight, as a mistake. If they were constantly arguing it makes sense to break things off.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/24/2014, 2:50 pm

I belong to the group of heavy doubters where I can see nothing but Kurt being made a puppet for Klaine agenda. They might try cleverly place it into Kurt's own agenda. This has happened so many times that I cannot think othervise. For the sake of Blaine credibility they have to make Kurt's love unquestioned: with himself and everyone around him.

And if the flashback to speed dating is done after Blaine has told him about Karofsky then I doubt they have written it very uplifting towards Kurt. He's probably made the "low scoring" speed date caditate to enforce his own beliefs about not being good enough for any NY gay guy.

Of course these spoilers have been written quite depressingly towards Kurt anyway, but based on previous hints...because of dear I fell for last years separating spoilers (silyy me) I have zero tolerance for Brad and Ryan's writing. Or the willpower of Chris's own ability and talent to save Kurt. We'll see.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/24/2014, 3:36 pm

I doubt that the speed dating scene is meant to be uplifting, but I'm perfectly okay with them showing that Kurt is struggling with trying to put Blaine in the past. As I said, he's got a lot of time and emotional investment in Blaine and Kurt is not the kind to just toss that commitment away so easily.

And yeah, let Blaine look like a total dick for not just moving on, but using Dave to do it.

Honestly, I think that it's going to be in the second ep where we will start seeing how Kurt's attitude towards Blaine really gets shaped. They described him in the spoilers at being uncomfortable and "playing it cool" at the dinner, but that could mean a lot of things. What I'd like him to be in angry, that he's so torn up over Blaine even knowing that he was right to end things between them and Blaine can just move on like the years they spent together were nothing. Knowing Chris, he's going to take Kurt into a direction that the writers might not have planned.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 9/24/2014, 4:03 pm

I'm most afraid, I'm afraid of most things considering Glee Wink , they'll retreat into being mean towards Kurt in the superficial way to make Blaine look like the only, the better option. Continue calling him a she, girl and weak...or make/tell us he is so, instead of our eyes telling other.

None of this won't go away unless they address the issues they've had, instead of making everything cookiecutter ended.

I grudgingly have "forgiven" Kurt for his somewhat horrible taste in men. Razz
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/24/2014, 4:35 pm

^ kurt is not allowed to have his own taste. klainers all over the world are putting a gun next to his head. either he chooses blaine or they will squash him in every possible way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/24/2014, 11:33 pm

It seems from the spoilers The writers are showing Kurt's POV in this storyline, it may not be the POV some want, but that's a different can of worms.

He realizes that he loves Blaine after the speed dating. Its funny when Rachel encouraged Kurt to date in ' Sadie Hawkins' I don't recall hearing complaints she was taking away his agency with that. Wink

So a random guy saying Kurt doesn't seem to be over his ex hardly seems earth shattering as in forcing Kurt into an opinion, as unpopular as that is around here.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/25/2014, 8:53 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I belong to the group of heavy doubters where I can see nothing but Kurt being made a puppet for Klaine agenda. They might try cleverly place it into Kurt's own agenda. This has happened so many times that I cannot think othervise. For the sake of Blaine credibility they have to make Kurt's love unquestioned: with himself and everyone around him.
^This. This is what has been bothering me for the last 2-3 seasons. Kurt himself keeps  forgiving the bastard, as if his love for Blaine is in this stasis state since season 2, even against better judgment from himself ('Glease' and 'Boys and Girls on Film') He just can't escape and move on.
And it seems that practically everytime he talks to another character about Blaine they (the other characters) just have to mention how wonderful Blaine is and how "endgame" their relationship is.

The writers know darn well that Kurt would never in his right mind still want to be with Blaine anymore, so they keep him in this permanent rigid emotional state when it comes to Blaine, despite all that happened and changed, and despite all the emotional growth Kurt went through in the early seasons.
(Although Chris thankfully makes the best of it and gives us nuances in Kurt's feelings the writers never even thought about or are wilfully ignoring for the sake of Klendgame.)

And by making everyone and their dog in Glee say to Kurt that Klaine is such a great relationship (soulmates!), even when that's got little to do with the discussion at hand,   they're just making a (failing) attempt to pretend it really is, when we all can see it's not. Same with the kissing up Blaine's ass (and Rachel's btw) while being blind to his faults and wrongdoings.
It's all tell but not show, and awful bad writing. Mad

Of course these spoilers have been written quite depressingly towards Kurt anyway, but based on previous hints...because of dear I fell for last years separating spoilers (silyy me) I have zero tolerance for Brad and Ryan's writing. Or the willpower of Chris's own ability and talent to save Kurt. We'll see.
There's only so much he can do, unfortunately, but I'm sure he'll give us enough in season 6 to headcanon for us that Klaine won't last long after the unavoidable Kledding.

Hehe, I love how Chris kind of ruined the big proposal with his acting of Kurt: giving all those layered emotions, showing just enough joy and love to make Kurt saying "yes" believable (and to quiet down the Klainers), but also showing a fair amount of doubt and fear to make the terribly rushed reunion and engagement of Klaine ambivalent and questionable to say the least. suspectt

Ranwing wrote:I doubt that the speed dating scene is meant to be uplifting, but I'm perfectly okay with them showing that Kurt is struggling with trying to put Blaine in the past. As I said, he's got a lot of time and emotional investment in Blaine and Kurt is not the kind to just toss that commitment away so easily.

And yeah, let Blaine look like a total dick for not just moving on, but using Dave to do it.
At least this is better than the other way around.
Can you imagine the Klainers' reactions if it was Kurt who had moved on from Blaine within 6 months, with Karofsky of all people?!
(Still can't believe RIB resisted that temptation, unless the temptation to give Blaine yet another one of Kurt's storylines and screwing the K(B)lainers over was bigger.)

A lot of Klainers are still upset Blainofsky will happen, but I'm also seeing quite a bunch of them starting to be okay with it, embracing the 'bear' Dave, excusing Blaine for dating him with all kinds of contrived reasons, like depression, wanting someone totally different from Kurt to "switch things up", and poor-Blainey-never-being-loved-by-his-daddy issues.
I doubt the Klainers would have been so lenient and kind to Kurt, if Kurtofsky had happened instead. Rolling Eyes

Knowing Chris, he's going to take Kurt into a direction that the writers might not have planned.
Looking forward to this. It will probably be a true tug-of-war between RIB and Chris, with both parties not giving an inch to the other if they can help it. Smile

No news or pics from the Dalton set yesterday? Or doesn't that start untill today? saispa
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/25/2014, 11:49 am

The funny thing in all this is that as usual Kurt pulls focus.

The crying in Scandals, 3 guesses as to which character is the dramatic centerpiece and will draw audience sympathy... coool

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/25/2014, 1:53 pm

The way things are set up, I can't see a whole lot of sympathy towards Blaine from those who aren't primarily his fans. Per the spoilers, we're going to get a flashback of the fighting that lead up Kurt ending their engagement. The sight of Kurt and Blaine fighting will certainly lend weight to the argument that Kurt made the right decision and if they start of showing Kurt wrestling with the aftermath and struggling with moving on before we see Blaine with Dave, then the audience's sympathy is going to be steered in Kurt's direction. IMO, having Blaine flunk out of NYADA after their breakup is designed to try to balance the scales between them (sort of a "look how much he suffered), but I doubt that it will work.

I will never be happy with Kurt getting back together with Blaine and while I wish that the writers would abandon the idea of "end game" and show a more mature story of two men who accept that while they may love one another, that they just can't live together. And I want to see how they develop the rest of Kurt's story. I want to see how he handles Rachel's power grab and his refusal to stand in her shadow. I want to see how he interacts with Spencer. There is some halfway decent stuff here to work with (even if I have to swallow the conceit that Kurt would sacrifice time at NYADA to work in Lima). I know that Kurt will get a lot less focus than Rachel or Blaine, but as Marie said, he's going to pull focus in every scene he's in. And it will be further evidence of just how good Chris is, that he doesn't need the writers working in his favor to make the audience look at him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next