Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

+28
tophercolfer
Divalicious
mindschemez
Sunshine 2012
angelnessa
Delight
Catt24
brisallie
TimF
Ireth
bayth
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Ranwing
M&M
sjonnepon
Vir Cotto
Kurt addict
Glorfindel
Buenos
ChrisColfersLightning
Lottie2303
Georgette888
fantastica
ChrisColferFan1
coxfire
ColferInspired
sheny
32 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  Buenos 12/21/2014, 11:38 am

So good to hear and it will be nice to see "Chicken " when it comes out here. So there are two more "names" to be announced for the cast..hhhmmmmm......
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Empty Re: Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic

Post  valkeakuulas 12/21/2014, 6:27 pm

I know Chris has already worked with some great directors that have been on Glee, but just as much as it will be a new experience for Chris it has to be for Joe also. Having seasoned, probably highly artistically demanding, actors on board has to be a interesting thing to work with.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/21/2014, 6:55 pm

Chris is mixing research for 'Noel'with pleasure:

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Tumblr_ngybhnUpUu1tv4jqwo1_1280

hrhchriscolfer Had the privilege of seeing this wonderful show last night! Angela Lansbury is one of my favorite people in the world. #blithespirit #noelcoward
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/21/2014, 10:19 pm

Thanks Abi! Good to know that Chris is working for some really talented people and the movie will likely be very satisfying when out!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/21/2014, 10:30 pm

fantastica wrote:Thanks Abi! Good to know that Chris is working for some really talented people and the movie will likely be very satisfying when out!

Agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tophercolfer 12/23/2014, 9:21 am

I was just wondering, when will "Noel" start filming and when will it be released?
tophercolfer
tophercolfer
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/23/2014, 9:53 am

^I think the filming will start in March 2015.
At least that's when Chris will be expected to be in England, but there could be a few weeks of bts preparations (like costume fittings and more voice coaching) before the actual filming starts.

I have no idea when the movie will be released, hopefully around Christmas 2015, but it very easily could be well into 2016 before it's shown and pitched to the distributors and will be actually in the cinemas.

Unfortunately there is a long drought ahead of us after Glee ends, before we get to see Chris acting on our screens again. :( 
Hopefully we'll get some bts videos and instagrams of 'Noel', and of course there will be interviews and pictures of the 2015 TLoS4 book tour.
Chris truly is a gift that keeps giving. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/23/2014, 10:10 am

I like to think that Chris will sort of relax after getting away from Gleeinsanity and starts to really focus on other things, that we might be granted with more Brian, Cooper and other Instagram stuff while waiting premiers and book launches.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/23/2014, 2:31 pm

tophercolfer wrote:I was just wondering, when will "Noel" start filming and when will it be released?

Chris had previously  mentioned by  March, and a few weeks ago the Director mentioned "next Spring".

As to any projected release date , sometimes movies can linger in postproduction limbo for several years (Special effects laden films and animated films can sometimes take multiple years or movies where there are legal issues that arise after production) but also sometimes it can be quite a relatively fast turn around.  

I think of Kevin McHale's " Boychoir" that was filmed in the spring (concurrent with Glee's NY episodes production) and was ready for the Toronto film festival in Sept. this year.  That was a turnaround of only 6 months at most.  It's won't go into  wide release in theatres until  next year, 2015, however.

Something similar happened to Dianna Agron's " The Family" which was premiered within 6/7 months of production.  From a premiere or rough cut to actual distribution to more theaters could be another delay.

Chris' " Struck by Lightning" was edited and put together fairly quickly and it premiered at the TriBeCa Film festival in April 2012, about 9/10 months after production (July/Aug(?) 2011).

With Noel most likely a safe bet is that it will get a premiere by 2015 at the latest.  Fingers crossed.

Chris mentioned last year he had at least one other unnamed film project lined up (besides Noel) but no idea when that would start.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/29/2014, 2:29 am

Went to see the play 'Blithe Spirit' today and it was hilarious. Noel Coward had a strong knowledge of the English language and used it brilliantly. It makes me even more excited for this project.

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 9k=
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/29/2014, 5:35 pm

As for Noel premiere, If we consider how film productions work. Wouldn't be premiered first at festivals? Or isn't something that usually occurs? I know they are films out there that are no festival material, but with Noel I've the feeling it is. So having thought that, probably will be premiered by the end of 2015, or even beginning of 2016 (?)
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/29/2014, 6:13 pm

brisallie wrote:As for Noel premiere, If we consider how film productions work. Wouldn't be premiered first at festivals? Or isn't something that usually occurs? I know they are films out there that are no festival material, but with Noel I've the feeling it is. So having thought that, probably will be premiered by the end of 2015, or even beginning of 2016 (?)

I would think so. It certainly has the "feel" of a film festival type of movie with its cast pedigree and subject matter.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez 12/29/2014, 6:59 pm

As a biopic with such a distinguished cast and breakout film role for Chris, i'll say the film may be seriously primed for award contention. So it may follow release patterns of those type of movies.

With roughly a March start for principal photography, I'll guess a month-long shooting schedule, concluding roughly sometime in April. That should be plenty of time for post production to take place before festival screening(s) in Fall 2015 (oct-dec), to be shopped around for distribution. They'll probably do a very limited release in December 2015, for award eligibility, with a wider/regular release to follow anytime in first quarter 2016.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/5/2015, 3:02 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Tumblr_nhpskmKzXU1qc4ojbo1_1280

This production company looks like they are very social media savvy and will be using things like Instagram in order to generate interest in their films. I think that we will probably be getting a lot of BTS things for Chris's film, which is going to make me a very happy fangirl.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/5/2015, 4:25 pm

^ totally agree. looking forward to these "leaked" pics. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/6/2015, 1:15 pm

Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Tumblr_nhric3W7ee1qg587mo1_500
Chris to star in Noel Coward biopic - Page 19 Tumblr_nhric3W7ee1qg587mo2_500

BGood expressing what we're all feeling. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/6/2015, 1:20 pm

Considering the promo image they show is an obviously mature Noel Coward in B. Goode image of the film...
I'm just curious if they will use an older actor to portray Noel Coward in his latter days (flash forward? ) reminiscing or if they might " age" Chris for a scene or two.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/8/2015, 6:13 am

^I thought the reason they keep using the older Noel Coward is because he is a lot more recognizable to people.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2015, 7:57 am

Today I read that a Britisch movie about the LGBT community helping out the miners on strike (Pride) got an R rating (17+) for America, even though there's no explicit (gay) sex in it or violence that would warrant such a high rating.
It seems just a movie involving gay people is enough to get America uptight and wanting to protect their little kiddies' souls from being exposed to. dryy

So I fully expect an R rating for 'Noel' as well, no matter how far the most likely gay PDA will be shown.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/12/2015, 1:26 pm

^ you probably have heard the 3Gs (not an iphone model, but "god, guns and gays") that is the platform for pretty much all the right wing politicians in the "red states" of america?

yes, conservative america knows that gays are their biggest threat, so they are eager to arm their little children w/ semi-automatic weapons to defend against the corrupting influence of liberal agenda. they don't want health care. they don't want a clean environment. they want blacks back to africa and mexicans stay south of the border. they want to go back to the middle ages, but with modern killing machines.

to me, these folks are no different than the terrorists in the middle east that kill in the name of God and the only freedom they allow is the freedom to hate people they don't like.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/12/2015, 2:28 pm

I find it so weird that human interactions get a harsher ratings thay flat out violence. Someone getting shot is alright to be seen by a minor but not affection. Didn't the R rated thing happen to the perfectly easy movie telling the story of a elderly gay couple getting into financial trouble? John Lithgow was in it?

I do understand that some people find sex scenes nerving to watch but surely the movies that have them in the storyline are not movies that kids would go and see anyways.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/12/2015, 7:45 pm

it's been like that for a long time. historically, violence gets lower rating then sex or sexually related subjects in american films, while in europe the opposite applies. i guess middle class america is still far more sensitive to sex then explicit violence.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/12/2015, 7:51 pm

^And sensitive to gays, when even movies with gay characters get R-rated without it even having any sex scenes.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/12/2015, 8:32 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Today I read that a Britisch movie about the LGBT community helping out the miners on strike (Pride) got an R rating (17+) for America, even though there's no explicit (gay) sex in it or violence that would warrant such a high rating.
It seems just a movie involving gay people is enough to get America uptight and wanting to protect their little kiddies' souls from being exposed to. dryy

So I fully expect an R rating for 'Noel' as well, no matter how far the most likely gay PDA will be shown.

valkeakuulas wrote:Didn't the R rated thing happen to the perfectly easy movie telling the story of a elderly gay couple getting into financial trouble? John Lithgow was in it?

Yup, this has also been the issue with that film starring John Lithgow and Alfred Molina, "Love is Strange", with the MPAA giving it an R rating despite the film not having any violent or sexual scenes beyond kissing (article here). The MPAA has been called out on their harsh ratings on LGBT films before.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 1/13/2015, 7:11 pm

They also edited out all visual reference to gays and lesbians on the U.S. poster. dryy

There was a a petition to get them to change it back from being 'straight-washed.' - Here
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next