Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 5/9/2014, 3:36 pm

Correction again: Chris' agent said that they had to wait with planning the TLoS tour because of Chris' schedule in July, they never specified that he could be busy in July because of Glee. Maybe he has some other project pending.

July is usually or always when Glee starts filming.  The agent was speculating about any European book signings, which would probably imply at the end of a domestic tour.  Per when Glee starts filming that would impact any potential book tour in Europe.  The agent seemed to imply there would be a tour, just not sure how much it would encompass.  Since Glee  is most likely filming in July I doubt Chris would have some huge outside project with such limited time.

I realize you probably want Chis off Glee but some of us don't wish that yet, once again, nothing wrong with your personal wishes/hopes.

Of course you can speculate he won't be filming Glee in the summer as is your prerogative, even if it's contrary to what he's done the last 5 Julys in a row. coool 
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  coxfire on 5/9/2014, 3:47 pm

Buenos wrote:
Correction again: Chris' agent said that they had to wait with planning the TLoS tour because of Chris' schedule in July, they never specified that he could be busy in July because of Glee. Maybe he has some other project pending.

July is usually or always when Glee starts filming.  The agent was speculating about any European book signings, which would probably imply at the end of a domestic tour.  Per when Glee starts filming that would impact any potential book tour in Europe.  The agent seemed to imply there would be a tour, just not sure how much it would encompass.  Since Glee  is most likely filming in July I doubt Chris would have some huge outside project with such limited time.

I realize you probably want Chis off Glee but some of us don't wish that yet, once again, nothing wrong with your personal wishes/hopes.

Of course you can speculate he won't be filming Glee in the summer as is your prerogative, even if it's contrary to what he's done the last 5 Julys in a row. coool 


I don't think that people want Chris off Glee as much as they don't want Chris to be wasted on Glee the way he was in S4. IF Kurt had a satisfactory storyline in S6, I think everyone would be happy of him being on it. But I second the previous posters who listed how poorly Chris/Kurt was treated, and who genuinely are worried to see Chris stuck with Glee while his character is a prop, because as a fan of both the character and the actor, it pains me more to see a show neglect him than him not being part of it.
avatar
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-09-18
Real Name : Mel

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/9/2014, 3:57 pm

coxfire wrote:
Buenos wrote:
Correction again: Chris' agent said that they had to wait with planning the TLoS tour because of Chris' schedule in July, they never specified that he could be busy in July because of Glee. Maybe he has some other project pending.

July is usually or always when Glee starts filming.  The agent was speculating about any European book signings, which would probably imply at the end of a domestic tour.  Per when Glee starts filming that would impact any potential book tour in Europe.  The agent seemed to imply there would be a tour, just not sure how much it would encompass.  Since Glee  is most likely filming in July I doubt Chris would have some huge outside project with such limited time.

I realize you probably want Chis off Glee but some of us don't wish that yet, once again, nothing wrong with your personal wishes/hopes.

Of course you can speculate he won't be filming Glee in the summer as is your prerogative, even if it's contrary to what he's done the last 5 Julys in a row. coool 


I don't think that people want Chris off Glee as much as they don't want Chris to be wasted on Glee the way he was in S4. IF Kurt had a satisfactory storyline in S6, I think everyone would be happy of him being on it. But I second the previous posters who listed how poorly Chris/Kurt was treated, and who genuinely are worried to see Chris stuck with Glee while his character is a prop, because as a fan of both the character and the actor, it pains me more to see a show neglect him than him not being part of it.

Agree. I want Chris to stay if  Kurt has his own storylines and some success of his own. If Kurt ends up giving up his dreams for  Blaine and become a househusband with no storylines of his own or  no success I would rather Chris be off the show. Than his character become a pop to other characters .


Last edited by ChrisColferFan1 on 5/9/2014, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  valkeakuulas on 5/9/2014, 3:58 pm

The show it self doesn't really make me gloomy because I only watch it for Chris's beauty to be honest, and for me it feels very weird that they still try to play the equal card/the emsemble card, when clearly it is not a show about everybody anymore.

Fair enough I see a lot more of Chris in S5 but I seem to enjoy it less, because I see it as them purely giving us surface not context, to keep us quiet, not to question too much. (Be happy you whining Kurtsies!) The actors that are now considered the leads of Glee, IMO, compromised to the publicity machine, a group of PR people that have for the better part of the year relayed to Chris and Lea to be their spearheads. (Or were told to do so.)

I believe that using your best assets in advertizing should warrant a few praising words in the showmakers interviews, should....but this is Murphy so cows fly and shit turns to gold before he will recognise anyone outside his breeding paddock.

And since the ever increasing worship of Barren Blarren the glaring lack of everyone else is hindering my enjoyment. And yes, a hint of bitterness is seeping in and I think for a lot of Chris fans like and use this type of dark, and somewhat depressing sarcasm to describe the situation.

If nothing this absurd situation is an example of bad leadership, horrendous child-like behavior (I swear Sedillo is a teenager disguised as a grown man!) and a sign what happens when people are given too much money for not working for it.

avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 5/9/2014, 4:08 pm

coxfire wrote:
I don't think that people want Chris off Glee as much as they don't want Chris to be wasted on Glee the way he was in S4. IF Kurt had a satisfactory storyline in S6, I think everyone would be happy of him being on it. But I second the previous posters who listed how poorly Chris/Kurt was treated, and who genuinely are worried to see Chris stuck with Glee while his character is a prop, because as a fan of both the character and the actor, it pains me more to see a show neglect him than him not being part of it.
Coxfire, I completely agree with that.  He is wasted, but I'm just saying that the fact that he is wasted and has been the last few years doesn't translate to any evidence IMO that suddenly he's going to be demoted to no longer being a regular on the show, that's all.

He's probably going to continue to be wasted as a Regular in Season 6, I have no illusions.  I certainly don't imply that his role is going to expand to a larger extent than what it was in Season 5, however I do temper it  with this:, not with unreasonable optimism to state that his singing and screen time in the last 7 epiodes of Season 5 was as much  he has had in ages on Glee.  With no longer a cast of thousands, a small consolation is that he won't have the limited screen time he had in Season 4 with that fucking split narrative and all those Noobs, but I admit it's ovious that RIB have no more stories to tell apparently of Kurt as an individual character. 

That it's not nearly enough is another issue, but I'm just addressing the spcific point  talk/speculation that Chris is going to be demoted and is no longer going to be a regular.  I'm not predicting his screen time is going to increase dramatically but probably stay as it is now.  Which is what it is.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 5/9/2014, 4:27 pm

If Lea and Darren are both being shifted to the LA storyline, then that is where the majority of the screen time will be focused. I think that this is about as certain as death and taxes. If Chris's story remains in NY, then his screen time will be limited. But I would rather have him with limited screen time than to have his story tied to Lea's and Darren's. Let Sam take over as resident cheerleader for the Snowflake twins. I'll live with Kurt getting 5 or 10 minutes a week so long as his storyline is his own.

Ryan Murphy is an idiot. He's still trying to make Darren and Chord happen and he's doing it at the expense of the show as a whole It's the same bullshit that he pulled when everyone was screaming that McKinley was destroying the show. Now he's placing all his chips on Lea, Darren and Chord, igoring the fact that Chris is still one of the most popular actors/characters on the show and that Amber has a lot of cache from her DWTS win last year. But they, Kevin and Naya get shoved to the side so RM can lavish attention on his pets.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 5/9/2014, 4:30 pm

Buenos wrote:July is usually or always when Glee starts filming.  The agent was speculating about any European book signings, which would probably imply at the end of a domestic tour.  Per when Glee starts filming that would impact any potential book tour in Europe.  The agent seemed to imply there would be a tour, just not sure how much it would encompass.  Since Glee  is most likely filming in July I doubt Chris would have some huge outside project with such limited time.
Who said it has to be a huge project? Maybe he has a little role in a movie, or more work for Robodog. Or who knows and Ellen Degeneres did manage to make him a seamonkey in 'Finding Nemo'.
Or maybe he just has a lot of meetings in July about upcoming projects.


Of course you can speculate he won't be filming Glee in the summer as is your prerogative, even if it's contrary to what he's done the last 5 Julys in a row. coool
I'm pretty sure I read in several articles (whether it was in interviews or press releases) that Glee will start shooting again in August this year. Of course it could mean the actors have to be back for e.g. promotion shoots or costume fittings before that, and who knows, maybe they will indeed start shooting end of July.
But as you have been telling us that there is no evidence or sources stating that Chris could be dropped or have reduced screentime in season 6, there is also no evidence or source saying that Chris' July schedule is unsure because he has to be back filming Glee.

I realize you probably want Chis off Glee but some of us don't wish that yet, once again, nothing wrong with your personal wishes/hopes.
Don't presume to even begin to know what I wish for or think.

If Chris gets some real storylines for his character as an individual of course I don't want him off the show. And I'm a very selfish fan: I know that after Glee I probably will never hear Chris sing again, besides in some crappy, shaky, secretly shot youtube video from a (hopefully) Broadway show. So for my own sake and satisfaction I want Chris to remain on Glee for another 20 seasons.
But if he has to spend another season as prop and bf/bff, while getting hardly any screentime but no freedom to do other projects on the side (because he has to be on standby for Glee 24/7) then maybe he's better off as a recurring guest star or even completely off the show.

(And as a fan I'll be screwed either way, as it will be painful to watch Kurt be wasted on the show and pushed to the back, but I also know I could not stop watching the show as long Chris is in it.)

So take notice: if I wish for Chris to leave the show at all it will be because it will benefit and suit him better, not me as his fan.

coxfire wrote:I don't think that people want Chris off Glee as much as they don't want Chris to be wasted on Glee the way he was in S4. IF Kurt had a satisfactory storyline in S6, I think everyone would be happy of him being on it. But I second the previous posters who listed how poorly Chris/Kurt was treated, and who genuinely are worried to see Chris stuck with Glee while his character is a prop, because as a fan of both the character and the actor, it pains me more to see a show neglect him than him not being part of it.
 banzai  This.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 5/9/2014, 4:37 pm

Ranwing wrote:If Lea and Darren are both being shifted to the LA storyline, then that is where the majority of the screen time will be focused. I think that this is about as certain as death and taxes. If Chris's story remains in NY, then his screen time will be limited. But I would rather have him with limited screen time than to have his story tied to Lea's and Darren's. Let Sam take over as resident cheerleader for the Snowflake twins. I'll live with Kurt getting 5 or 10 minutes a week so long as his storyline is his own.

Ryan Murphy is an idiot. He's still trying to make Darren and Chord happen and he's doing it at the expense of the show as a whole It's the same bullshit that he pulled when everyone was screaming that McKinley was destroying the show. Now he's placing all his chips on Lea, Darren and Chord, igoring the fact that Chris is still one of the most popular actors/characters on the show and that Amber has a lot of cache from her DWTS win last year. But they, Kevin and Naya get shoved to the side so RM can lavish attention on his pets.

That pretty much sums it up for me regarding how I see Season 6.  Like you Ranwing, I'd rather get a few minutes of Kurt with his own SL that just being a prop for Rachel/Blaine.

Maybe he can go to Russia after all, Kurt would look adorable in those Russian fur  hats.  I know he wore one in "Michael". Razz 


Oh well, at most only 11 months of this, no?   coool
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 5/9/2014, 4:48 pm

So take notice: if I wish for Chris to leave the show at all it will be because it will benefit and suit him better, not me as his fan.

Fair enough, though if Chris is happy to continue on Glee for another full year, I think as a fan I can be happy for him.  11 months is not that much more to go since I've already been with him for 60 months.   coool  I trust him enough that if he says he wants to continue as a Regular on Glee,  I'm good with it. Of course we all just speak as fans and I'm no doubting you're a fan who wants the best for him either.

There is an end date in sight regardless, next May at the latest I'm figuring so it is what it is.

Different individuals, different opinions, variety is the spice of life.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  brisallie on 5/9/2014, 4:58 pm

I've always said I'm for what is better for Chris, either is Glee or another project.

But as fan I've to confess is painful to see how much he has been put aside when from my POV he still has potential, and the greedy inner fan on me wants more. But by other hand I've realized my prays won't be heard by RIB, and I don't even expect a miracle to happen on Glee, so if this boy keep singing as much as he has sung in season 5, and luckily he remains in NY while blaine is in LA, probably I'll be fine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 5/9/2014, 7:40 pm

I do think that Lea's words though, specifically mentioning only Darren and Chord indicates we may be  getting yet *another* split narrative.  The apologists are all rationalizing that it will be more balanced because of the lack of McKinley, but I seriously doubt it.  With Lea and Darren on one side of the narrative yea, like there is going to be any focus on NY left, " .  Ryan even said that NY wouldn't be the center anymore so if Kurt stays there he will get 5-10 minutes per show.

However, if he and Artie get songs together I would be happy about that, and if he gets a small narrative going on his NY theatre career, trying to work on getting roles in plays, musicals,  it would be nice.  If they keep Artie, Mercedes and Kurt in NY they can have a few nice group scenes together.  NGL, I will miss Hummelberry but I'll take what I can since I'm tethered to this show as long as Chris is on it.   Razz
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6328
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired on 5/9/2014, 11:46 pm

“Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss will most assuredly stay on as series regulars until the very end. Ditto the major story arcs.”
— e!online (via chris-colfers)

Kurt won't get any story arc, so same old same old.

Blaine's househusband, end of storyline for Kurt.

Wonder if the ratings will drop below 1 mill?

When every week all viewers get is Blaine and Sam, and hardly any Kurt, hardly any Santana, hardly any Artie or Mercedes.

Ryan delusion has now become insanity.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  M&M on 5/9/2014, 11:53 pm

ColferInspired wrote:“Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss will most assuredly stay on as series regulars until the very end. Ditto the major story arcs.”
— e!online (via chris-colfers)

Kurt won't get any story arc, so same old same old.

Blaine's househusband, end of storyline for Kurt.

Wonder if the ratings will drop below 1 mill?

When every week all viewers get is Blaine and Sam, and hardly any Kurt, hardly any Santana, hardly any Artie or Mercedes.

Ryan delusion has now become insanity.

I don't trust that quote anymore. Kevin Reilly from Fox actually said that and this was at the 100th episode, before all the Daleastreet started. Ratings will indeed drop.
avatar
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 813
Join date : 2012-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/10/2014, 12:00 am

ColferInspired wrote:“Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss will most assuredly stay on as series regulars until the very end. Ditto the major story arcs.”
— e!online (via chris-colfers)

Kurt won't get any story arc, so same old same old.

Blaine's househusband, end of storyline for Kurt.

Wonder if the ratings will drop below 1 mill?

When every week all viewers get is Blaine and Sam, and hardly any Kurt, hardly any Santana, hardly any Artie or Mercedes.

Ryan delusion has now become insanity.


Last week's episode will be the last episode I will watch. I will not be watching season 6. I do not want watch Kurt to give up his dreams and become a househusband. I will only watch if Chris writes another episode, because I know he will give Kurt his own storyline.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 12:19 am

M&M wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:“Lea Michele, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss will most assuredly stay on as series regulars until the very end. Ditto the major story arcs.”
— e!online (via chris-colfers)

Kurt won't get any story arc, so same old same old.

Blaine's househusband, end of storyline for Kurt.

Wonder if the ratings will drop below 1 mill?

When every week all viewers get is Blaine and Sam, and hardly any Kurt, hardly any Santana, hardly any Artie or Mercedes.

Ryan delusion has now become insanity.

I don't trust that quote anymore. Kevin Reilly from Fox actually said that and this was at the 100th episode, before all the Daleastreet started. Ratings will indeed drop.

Imagine if the ratings did drop below 1 mill when the show comes back after they are busy promoting Rachel, Blaine and Sam over the summer.

Can Fox really risk that kind of embarrassment?

Even though it is the finale season, but any show would like to go out on some kind of high note.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  bayth on 5/10/2014, 1:28 am

ColferInspired wrote:
Even though it is the finale season, but any show would like to go out on some kind of high note.

But this is Glee we're talking about... It has been embarrassing for the last 3 seasons. They are pushing characters and stories that viewers don't give a crap about and now for the final season RyRy is stomping his foot and throwing a toddler tantrum and saying 'YES - YOU WILL LIKE WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO and shoving shit into the audience faces -AGAIN. Well, that audience is turning away in droves and now the final nail in the coffin for many viewers will be the news of the characters that will have focus next year. The writers will not listen to what critics/fans/audience are saying about the lack of substance/focus and the stories they would like to see. I have never witnessed the utter failure of a series as bad as Glee. They took a gem of a show and gutted it into something unrecognizable from the story when it started 5 years ago. It's not enjoyable to watch. It's painful and cringe inducing.

I stopped being a fan of the show in season 3 with the episode "I am Unicorn". I hated every minute of that episode - the demoralizing and humiliation of Kurt was off the charts. That entire season felt like they wanted to pulverize Kurt into little pieces and spit on him. I have hated the show since then.

The show will end with a whimper and the tail tucked between the legs when the audience drops below 0.5. Serves them right.
avatar
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1114
Join date : 2012-03-17
Location : Oregon
Real Name : Beth

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:06 am

Here are our answers.

avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/10/2014, 2:35 am

Not watching season 6 at all. An exception if Chris writes another episode. He will give Kurt his own storyline and not have Kurt be just a prop to Blaine and Rachel.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:57 am

What if Chris thinks he is still a regular, but Ryan announces at the Upfronts that he isn't anymore.

Look what happened at the 100 event to the noobs.

Ryan would do something that nasty.  :angry:
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/10/2014, 3:03 am

ColferInspired wrote:What if Chris thinks he is still a regular, but Ryan announces at the Upfronts that he isn't anymore.

Look what happened at the 100 event to the noobs.

Ryan would do something that nasty.  :angry:

Agree. Evil or Very Mad 
Even if Chris is still a regular next season, I won't watch if Kurt gives up his dreams to become a househusband to Blaine and be a prop to Blaine and Rachel.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 5/10/2014, 9:55 am

bayth wrote:But this is Glee we're talking about... It has been embarrassing for the last 3 seasons. They are pushing characters and stories that viewers don't give a crap about and now for the final season RyRy is stomping his foot and throwing a toddler tantrum and saying 'YES - YOU WILL LIKE WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO and shoving shit into the audience faces -AGAIN.  Well, that audience is turning away in droves and now the final nail in the coffin for many viewers will be the news of the characters that will have focus next year.  The writers will not listen to what critics/fans/audience are saying about the lack of substance/focus and the stories they would like to see.  I have never witnessed the utter failure of a series as bad as Glee.  They took a gem of a show and gutted it into something unrecognizable from the story when it started 5 years ago.  It's not enjoyable to watch. It's painful and cringe inducing. 
Just look at Glee's history when it comes to the use of their characters and actors:

Season 1:
- focus on Will, Rachel and Finn,
- with 2nd tier for Kurt, Quinn, Puck.
- The other characters were supporting, although Artie, Mercedes and Tina were also in the original ND5 and got some B and C-plots.

Season 2:
- adding Sam and Blaine.
- Kurt, who became very popular in season 1 and the show's break-out star was taken out of the main narrative, originally only for a few episodes (2x13 wasn't called 'Comeback' for only Sue's storyline imo), but because the Warblers songs were popular they benched Kurt for 10(!) episodes and the few times they showed him it was only to enable another Warblers song.

Season 3:
- sidelining of Will, one of the 3 main characters of the original storylines.Not only sidelining him, but also making his character totally ridiculous (The Spanish Teacher).
- splitting the kids into seniors and juniors, so the 3 most popular kids would graduate after that season (when Rachel and Kurt looked young enough to be juniors).
- bringing Blaine to McKinley, and giving him a lot of songs.
- speaking of songs: the 4 cast members who were announced to have record deals with Columbia (Lea, Amber, Darren and Naya) got the majority of the songs, which made the song distribution very unfair and unbalanced, which pissed a lot of fans off.

Season 4:
- basically firing half of the original cast: Harry, Amber, Mark, Dianna (although she wanted out).
- sidelining and/or isolating the characters of their best and most popular 'kid' actors, the Big 3 (Lea, Cory and Chris) and Naya, even leaving them out of some episodes altogether.
- making main characters of Blaine, Sam (who's actors only joined in season 2) and Brittany (who's actress is mainly a dancer) instead, who were not up to the task.
- bringing in a bunch of Noobs, shoving them down our throats.
- using the old cast (who they discarded so easily at the beginning of the season) only to prop up the Noobs and Blam.
- trapping Finn in Lima so he could take over from Will, who's character was by then completely destroyed, even though in a revolving door construction the teachers/adults should be the solid constant, the anchor.

Season 5:
- extending the disastrous school year of season 4 till halfway through season 5, so in real time that school year lasted 2 bloody years.
- in the mean time still sidelining and neglecting the NY narrative.
- hollowing out Will's importance on the show even more, despite him being needed to anchor Lima, due to losing Cory.
- Letting go of Jayma, when Wemma just got married.
- after Heather left, due to her pregnancy, making Tina(!) a main character.
- finally dropping the Noobs, in a very mean and ungrateful way for the actors.
- moving the horrible Blam (of which they already knew a lot of people didn't like and blamed part of the the decline of Glee on) to the NY narrative.
- instead of highlighting the 3 characters/cast members who kept the NY narrative alive and well (so alive and well that the entire show moved to their locations after Lima basically died) despite being terribly underused, they let Blam ruin that narrative as well.
- bringing back Mercedes because Amber won 'Dancing with the Stars', but then only using her to be Sam's love interest.
- making Blaine more important than Kurt, the role model character who Blaine was created for.
- doing a lot of time-jumps, with the result that a whole canon year was compressed into only 5-7 episodes.

Season 6 (speculation) :
- abandoning NY again, not only the strongest narrative of the show, but also the desired destination for the main characters Rachel and Kurt for 3 seasons.
- making Rachel, Blaine and Sam the main characters. Rachel, who's success storyline was a major turn off for many viewers, and Blaine and Sam who already ruined Lima.
- Award winning actor Chris Colfer who?

Other characters/actors with great potential that Glee simply tossed aside or let go, partly because they had more chemistry with the characters they interacted with than RIB wanted to be the endgame couples:
Jesse/Jonathan Groff, Karofsky/Max Adler, Sebastian/Grant Gustin, Carl/John Stamos, Lauren/Ashley Fink, Adam/Oliver Kieran Jones, Dani/Demi Lovato, Elliot/Adam Lambert.


Wow, this turned into quite an essay. But I've never seen another tv series where the writers/producers systematically fired and/or sidelined all the good actors of its show and literally replaced them with the very worst.  Evil or Very Mad


Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/10/2014, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  brisallie on 5/10/2014, 3:17 pm

Well done Marie! That's was a good summary of how intelligent and prolifit writers are RIB.

You know, as for people such as John Stamos, Demi and Adam, probably Glee didn't have the budget to keep them and neither they have the time to stay.

As for the other actors, for me is what you said, that Ryan didn't like they had more chemistry with a character he didn't planned to be a couple, so as I see him as an stubborn person who believe things has to be done like he wants, if not is wrong, that why they were fired. Still, is only speculation, but unless I'm a fly on the wall, or someone spit out the truth, we probably will never found out what happened.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 6:19 pm

Actually I could see Naya doing a tell-all book now some time after the show ends.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/10/2014, 6:37 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Actually I could see Naya doing a tell-all book now some time after the show ends.

... I kinda would help her finance that book  phr34r 
avatar
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3191
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : the real Land of Stories

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 5/10/2014, 6:37 pm

brisallie wrote:Well done Marie! That's was a good summary of how intelligent and prolifit writers are RIB.

You know, as for people such as John Stamos, Demi and Adam, probably Glee didn't have the budget to keep them and neither they have the time to stay.

As for the other actors, for me is what you said, that Ryan didn't like they had more chemistry with a character he didn't planned to be a couple, so as I see him as an stubborn person who believe things has to be done like he wants, if not is wrong, that why they were fired. Still, is only speculation, but unless I'm a fly on the wall, or someone spit out the truth, we probably will never found out what happened.


What makes me so so angry about that lie up there is Chord was meant to be Kurt's boy friend from the start! Chord's management team was unprofessional and backed Chord out of the role with the fear of playing gay ruining his career (which was STUPID on their behalf cause look at what happened with Blarren!) so Dianna and Chord characters had some spark and chemistry and bam! Sam is here! Ryan did EXACTLY that for Chord what he should have done with Sebastian, he saw Chris and Grant chemistry, he should have made THEM end game! Like I never saw much chemistry with Sam and anyone tbh, but at least he was decent around Mercedes, hence that end game probably.


If Ryan rehired the guy to play Kurt's love interest, and his ORIGINAL plans for Kurt, we would have gotten Kurt being a MENTOR instead, we would have never had that whole Dalton bullying weak Kurt in season 2, Ryan's ORIGINAL plan for Kurt was for him to help 'Sam' or what ever his soon to be boy friend name was, come out, and they were gonna handle the homophobia at Mckenly together, and since the guy is popular athlete, it would have caused more of a scene in the school boards and in Glee world AND reality, people care and pay more attention to popular kids and athletes :/ So just imagine this: Kurt helping that guy come out, Kurt helping him fight against the school system to end homophobic bullying and gay prejudice because they might have tried to kick him off the sports team or he was harassed and Kurt wanted to help him because Kurt KNEW how it feels to be bullied and harassed and this time HE wanted to be the hero!  blushh 


We could of had Kurt being the one to save someone, and then Kurt being the guy to steal someone's heart and have them crush on HIM for once! We could of gotten Santana and Karofsky being scared and angry at the fight for gay rights, and THEN helping with the cause. We would of had all of this and more in season TWO! Instead we got Kurt needing Blaine and being insecure and scared with no story line, Santana and Dave having scary and harsh coming out stories by their selves in season 3, the whole death threat in season 2 with Kurt, and Glee started getting worse and worse. You see what I mean? We could have touched the issue that is STILL a problem in 2014, that is still a harsh subject today THREE YEARS AGO!!!! Glee would have been ICONIC and made major head lines touching on the taboo issues of gay athletes and coming out at school and the unfair treatment that they get from School boards from prejudice alone! We could of got a story where Kurt, Chris got a Golden Globe playing in season 1, being BRAVE and being Idol HELPING someone FIGHT against homophobia in the media and school boards, like this story could have made head lines!


THIS would have knocked Klaine's story about gay america sweet hearts off the wall! This story would have been TRUE and REALISTIC and controversial! Some people would hate it because it cut so close to home! But IMAGINE how many young scared gay athletes this would have helped in the media? 3 years ago was not that accepting about gays in sports, even know it is a issue so Glee could of been ahead of it's time while USING Chris acting ability and his award winning high and made the best god damn coming out and acceptance story that deals with the SPORTS world and the media and how people view and judges athletes with prejudice once they are known to not be straight!


I want to pull my hair out because Ryan DID have a vision for Kurt! He WANTED him to have dreams, he WANTED Kurt to be popular and a leader with an athlete boy friend, he HAD the right idea, but like I suspect, he lets his penis do the taking and hired Chord, then Darren. All of this could have been avoided. Their is literally THOUSANDS of jock looking actors that can hold a note in Hollywood looking for their big break! And literally hundreds that are blond to be specific, And 70% of those actors most likely are better actors and singers than Darren and Chord put together! AND they would not have stolen Kurt's story line because their dreams was for sports, not broad way! We could of had so much more from Glee, without the over hype from Bland and the Warblers, Ryan would have been more focused on story telling than the itunes Charts.

Ryan got too focused on the Buzz Darren brung and the hype of teenage Dream AND his new focus on AHS that he started not caring about Glee, instead he wanted to keep Darren around for his new popularity, which is stupid because the ONLY reason Darren was popular WAS because he was attached to Glee and the worlds new rising start and gay Icon  and Icon of the world period, Chris Colfer and his amazing character, Kurt Hummel! It was Chris character that gave Darren buzz, it could have been ANYONE and they would have gotten popular BECAUSE they were attached to Kurt! But nope! Ryan is an idiot, and so is the rest of RIB. I sit here thinking and shake my head because RIB DID have such good visions for Glee, then everything went wrong in season two when they hired Darren and Chord. Imagine if Glee would have went with the ORIGINAL plan for Kurt. Glee would have been a whole different story and it would have had plenty of Emmy's and more Golden Globes by now.


Last edited by ChrisColfersLightning on 5/10/2014, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix up)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 436
Join date : 2014-02-07
Location : US
Real Name : Tae

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum