Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  brisallie on 4/25/2014, 5:45 pm

@Buenos,  Razz You have a point,sometimes I forgot to calculate the time difference.

I just found this and is related to Kurt?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/25/2014, 10:05 pm

I just found this old Amber and Chris video. They look so young

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/28/2014, 3:07 pm

Chris looks just as fucking good in B/W doesn't he???  wub wub 

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/28/2014, 3:29 pm

I opened the page and actually gulped. I have always adored him in B&W. Reminds me of that quote from Piano!Brad about him being like an old fashioned movie star who knew the camera angles and where the light is falling.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/28/2014, 3:37 pm

Georgette888 wrote:I opened the page and actually gulped. I have always adored him in B&W. Reminds me of that quote from Piano!Brad about him being like an old fashioned movie star who knew the camera angles and where the light is falling.

Aint' that the truth??

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/28/2014, 3:42 pm

I'm assuming that after this week, the wrap-up of filming of Season Five, Chris will finally do his taping for "Hot in Cleveland"...

bounce bounce 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/28/2014, 4:23 pm

Gulp again. He is so gorgeous.

And I will joiin you in the cheer! At last an external project again. Cannot wait.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/28/2014, 9:38 pm

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/28/2014, 9:43 pm

Chris has his Chris penned Glee episode..

PLUS his "hot in Cleveland" stint

PLUS his book coming out in July...

It's all good!!!

bounce bounce bounce 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/28/2014, 9:49 pm

And Chris was offended by what Shirley said. Check it out in the instagram thread.

Shows he has more class than Shirley MClaine, and he is only 23.  Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/28/2014, 10:01 pm

ColferInspired wrote:And Chris was offended by what Shirley said. Check it out in the instagram thread.

That liking an instagram pic was no accident. I don't blame him for being pissed off. I get that SM has a chronic case of foot in mouth disease, but what she said was really dismissive and offensive given that Chris is the most award winning actor on this show (not even counting all of his other accomplishments). To reduce him to the "gay man" (not even actor) that is a challenge for poor straight Darren to have to overcome is insulting. I don't get this need to constantly applaud Darren all the time, but to do so at the expense of his costar is beyond unprofessional and I'm really shocked that FOX would allow that to be released.

I liked SM as an actress (she was my favorite character in Steel Magnolias) but I've lost all respect for her as a person.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/28/2014, 10:07 pm

Ranwing wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:And Chris was offended by what Shirley said. Check it out in the instagram thread.

That liking an instagram pic was no accident. I don't blame him for being pissed off. I get that SM has a chronic case of foot in mouth disease, but what she said was really dismissive and offensive  given that Chris is the most award winning actor on this show (not even counting all of his other accomplishments). To reduce him to the "gay man" (not even actor) that is a challenge for poor straight Darren to have to overcome is insulting. I don't get this need to constantly applaud Darren all the time, but to do so at the expense of his costar is beyond unprofessional and I'm really shocked that FOX would allow that to be released.

I liked SM as an actress (she was my favorite character in Steel Magnolias) but I've lost all respect for her as a person.

Her being in her 80's in not acceptable as Betty White has had no trouble embracing the LGBT+ community and she is 92.

Plus there is Polly Bergen, who adores Chris, and she sees him as the lovely person his.

And I think Chris got a lot of love in his episode.

Can't wait to hear about him filming for Hot In Cleveland were I would think he would get some big hugs from some lovely ladies.  neutre
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 4/29/2014, 12:00 am

you can't compare SM w/ BW. they are not the same person. some people are homophobic and some are not. the good thing is that the younger generation in general is more accepting of LGBT and less homophobic than the parents and grandparents' generations. that's good. as far as SM is concerned, sometimes you really can't teach an old bitch new tricks.  dryy 
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/29/2014, 4:33 am

The sad thing is that Chris' love for "Downtown Abbey" is probably tempered knowing that one of the actresses on the show offended him with an insensitive remark.  Consider her saying that a white actor had to sing a duet with a "black man"...

Last edited by Buenos on 4/29/2014, 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/29/2014, 4:40 am

Buenos wrote:The sad thing is that Chris' love for "Downtown Abbey" is tempered knowing that one of the actresses on the show offended him with an insensitive remark.  Consider her saying that a white actor had to sing a duet with a "black man"...

That is really sad.  :(
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/29/2014, 12:35 pm

Buenos wrote:Chris has his Chris penned Glee episode..

PLUS  his "hot in Cleveland" stint

PLUS his book coming out in July...

It's all good!!!

bounce bounce bounce 

I know! So excited!!!

I wonder if he will play Peter Pan in the filmed stage performance for NBC? If Glee can advertise Rachel Berry/Lea Michele as Fanny Brice in Funny Girl, then it sure as hell can create that link with Kurt Hummel as Peter Pan if Chris wants to play the part in real life.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/29/2014, 12:53 pm

Buenos wrote:The sad thing is that Chris' love for "Downtown Abbey" is probably tempered knowing that one of the actresses on the show offended him with an insensitive remark.  Consider her saying that a white actor had to sing a duet with a "black man"...

I forgot Shirley was in Downton Abbey, but is only one person, while no one else from the cast say the same, I think Chris will deal with it. Hopefully Dame Smith doesn't think the same, I admire her so much.

As regards Shirley, some could say she's an 80 years old woman who grew up in another time and has retrograde thoughts, but then you look at Betty and Polly and wonder why are they different?

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 4/29/2014, 1:03 pm

brisallie wrote:As regards Shirley, some could say she's an 80 years old woman who grew up in another time and has retrograde thoughts, but then you look at Betty and Polly and wonder why are they different?

Shirley Temple (born 1928, lived to be 85) was a staunch Republican throughout her life and had very conservative views. Diana Serra Cary (also known as silent child star Baby Peggy, born in 1918 and is 95 now) is a Democrat with much more liberal views. Age has a lot to do with it, but it's not everything.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 4/29/2014, 1:05 pm

“I have promised — you know Glee, I’ve promised Chris Colfer that he can be in it, and I’ve said it so often that now he has to be in it.”

— Jennifer Saunders [on her yet-to-be-written film based on the comedy series Absolutely Fabulous]

One good thing after all the unpleasant spoilers and comments today. I hope they make it happen.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/29/2014, 1:39 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:
brisallie wrote:As regards Shirley, some could say she's an 80 years old woman who grew up in another time and has retrograde thoughts, but then you look at Betty and Polly and wonder why are they different?

Shirley Temple (born 1928, lived to be 85) was a staunch Republican throughout her life and had very conservative views. Diana Serra Cary (also known as silent child star Baby Peggy, born in 1918 and is 95 now) is a Democrat with much more liberal views. Age has a lot to do with it, but it's not everything.

I think the way you were raised, and what you take from the family values (or perhaps the ones you find yourself) come into play as well.  

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 5/22/2014, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Ab fab

Post  Kurt addict on 4/29/2014, 3:33 pm

sheny wrote:
“I have promised — you know Glee, I’ve promised Chris Colfer that he can be in it, and I’ve said it so often that now he has to be in it.”

— Jennifer Saunders [on her yet-to-be-written film based on the comedy series Absolutely Fabulous]

One good thing after all the unpleasant spoilers and comments today. I hope they make it happen.

And that quote was from the times newspaper so it's out there lol she can't take it back, shows how much she appreciates his talent! When did she meet him anybody know?

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/29/2014, 4:17 pm

sheny wrote:

Oh, this is good news.  neutre

For every Shirley MacLaine there are 10 other 50+ ladies being totally smitten with Chris.  fanny2

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/29/2014, 5:28 pm

I can't wait for the love between Chris Colfer and Betty White next week.  wub wub 

Meanwhile I am, always, in Chris Cofler News website debt:

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa on 4/29/2014, 6:05 pm

Kurt addict wrote:
sheny wrote:

And that quote was from the times newspaper so it's out there lol she can't take it back, shows how much she appreciates his talent! When did she meet him anybody know?

I believe she was a Glee/Kurt fan, and she and Chris met and hit it off after the Glee Live concert in London. It was something like that. She obviously has brilliant taste  Smile .
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/29/2014, 11:23 pm

brisallie wrote:
Buenos wrote:The sad thing is that Chris' love for "Downtown Abbey" is probably tempered knowing that one of the actresses on the show offended him with an insensitive remark.  Consider her saying that a white actor had to sing a duet with a "black man"...

I forgot Shirley was in Downton Abbey, but is only one person, while no one else from the cast say the same, I think Chris will deal with it. Hopefully Dame Smith doesn't think the same, I admire her so much.

As regards Shirley, some could say she's an 80 years old woman who grew up in another time and has retrograde thoughts, but then you look at Betty and Polly and wonder why are they different?

Some have open minds and willing to see people not a sexuality. Same with colour, gender and the rest.

If she thought Aids was karma to Queers as she said back in the 80's obviously her views have not changed. She only started to care when she heard that straights could get Aids, she admitted that in an interview.

The sad thing is she don't care she is homophobic.

I hope the set wasn't too uncomfortable for Chris around her.  :( 

Kathy Bates had it really bad when she worked with her, as she is a lesbian.  :( 

Shirley might believe more agree with her views but it is not the 80's, more will hate her.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top