Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+29
Sunshine 2012
Divalicious
kac
M&M
TimF
ChrisColfersLightning
mindschemez
valkeakuulas
angelnessa
sheny
Ireth
coxfire
Delight
ladydianab
Ranwing
fantastica
Jellyrolls
opals
tanita_mors
MoviesAreLife
Georgette888
Kurt addict
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
ColferInspired
Buenos
Glorfindel
bayth
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  ColferInspired 4/16/2014, 7:28 am

Has there been any talk of who they have cast for NBC's Peter Pan" yet?

Because if not there is speculation that Chris might be doing this, one of the reasons why his time could be reduced on Glee.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Jellyrolls 4/16/2014, 7:56 am

I don't think they've announced a cast yet. I think the speculation stems from the fact that a lot of fans think that Chris would be perfect for it, rather than it being something that is real.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/16/2014, 3:32 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't think they've announced a cast yet.  I think the speculation stems from the fact that a lot of fans think that Chris would be perfect for it, rather than it being something that is real.

Chris would be perfect for it. In fact he would be perfect for almost if not every type of role. He is super talented.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2014, 3:49 pm

haha, nobody is perfect for every role. Peter Pan IS perfect for him. i can't see any other male actor who is better suited for this role.

the big question is whether Fox will let him get on a competing network on a prime time show. Fox already has a shitty line up. HIC is a different story. it's on a cable-only channel and the show airs late in the night w/ a totally different demographics from glee.

when you wish hard enough, that wish my just come true! hay, think about it. we wanted kurt's hotness to be noticed, and they did. we wanted want see chris shirtless, and he did. so far not all wishes have come true yet, but you need patience. i will keep on praying until the final PP casting news is announced.  
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/16/2014, 5:23 pm

You just need faith, trust, and pixie dust.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2014, 5:27 pm

i have everything except the "pixie" part (have plenty of dust bunnies under my bed)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 4/16/2014, 5:49 pm

fantastica wrote:haha, nobody is perfect for every role. Peter Pan IS perfect for him. i can't see any other male actor who is better suited for this role.

the big question is whether Fox will let him get on a competing network on a prime time show. Fox already has a shitty line up. HIC is a different story. it's on a cable-only channel and the show airs late in the night w/ a totally different demographics from glee.

Considering how high profile the PP production would be, it would end up bringing a lot of publicity to Glee (if Chris is cast as Peter). It might be worth it to FOX to loan Chris for this production since they would get a lot back in return.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/16/2014, 6:05 pm

^ i thought about it too. let's just pray that TPTB also think this way.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/17/2014, 6:36 pm

THIS POST is amazing- it is an audio post illustrating Chris's three octave range!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 4/17/2014, 7:55 pm

That is so cool!
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/17/2014, 8:14 pm

NGL, the reason I would love Chris to get the "Peter Pan" role is it would keep Chris motivated for singing, without a doubt being the perfectionist he is he would take intensive vocal training for the role. From there it's a hop skip to take a Broadway role or make an album.  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 4/17/2014, 9:02 pm

Wonder if Chris would ever be asked to sing the National Anthem. Just saw piece on TV showing a guy singing it so that is why this is such a random statement.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/17/2014, 9:26 pm

ladydianab wrote:Wonder if Chris would ever be asked to sing the National Anthem. Just saw piece on TV showing a guy singing it so that is why this is such a random statement.

IMO He would first have to sing LIVE somewhere else, hasn't happened outside of a Glee related event in six loong years.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2014, 9:31 pm

i doubt he's interested, and i don't think it will raise his profile in anyway, unless it's for superbowl or something.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/17/2014, 9:34 pm

Nah, they ask people with real powerhouse voices. Chris's voice is gorgeous but not as 'belty' (my! how descriptive I am! lol) as the people they use.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2014, 9:38 pm

yeah, it seems that screetching "belting" and endless runs are all the rage these days.

i always feel that the best voice to sing any national anthem is operatic voice - either soprano or tenor. they sound more solemn than RnB vocals.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/17/2014, 9:44 pm

fantastica wrote:yeah, it seems that "belting" plus endless runs is all the rage these days.

i always feel that the best voice to sing any national anthem is operatic voice.

I dunno some opera singers have ruined it with too many flourishes IMO.
Not that it's a great singing showcase to begin with...
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/17/2014, 9:48 pm

^ whatever style of singer they hire, they must hire the good one though. it's not an easy song to sing. hay, there's always the chorus - they usually can't ruin anything.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 4/17/2014, 10:21 pm

I am totally not musical at all yet, I was blown away by that vocal range. I noticed (I think I did) how much better his singing has improved during the seasons. How much time do you think he spent receiving vocal training on the set?
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/18/2014, 3:27 am

Georgette888 wrote:THIS POST is amazing- it is an audio post illustrating Chris's three octave range!

Nice! I like how the person who compiled this song medley took snippets of Kurt's verses from Glee songs I don't listen to very often; such as his line in 'We Are the Champions', and when I heard the chorus from 'Big Girls Don't Cry', it took me a moment to place where and when that song had been sung.

Is his note in 'Defying Gravity' the highest he's ever reached? It was the last song in the medley.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 4/18/2014, 4:06 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 2 Tumblr_n47ga3c3Sd1qe476yo1_500

I'm confused, did he or didn't he film "Hot in Cleveland" this week?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/18/2014, 4:38 am

Sounds like not. Huh. Perhaps there was a reshuffle because of Glee filming running late?
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 4/18/2014, 8:18 am

I might scratch all I said about Chris maybe not wanting to do Peter Pan. I forgot it involved flying...  fanny2 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 4/18/2014, 9:50 am

Georgette888 wrote:I might scratch all I said about Chris maybe not wanting to do Peter Pan. I forgot it involved flying...  fanny2 

Ha! Chris and his harness kinks Smile! His episode sounds really fun
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/18/2014, 11:52 am

coxfire wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:I might scratch all I said about Chris maybe not wanting to do Peter Pan. I forgot it involved flying...  fanny2 

Ha! Chris and his harness kinks Smile! His episode sounds really fun

Agree. His episode does sound fun.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next