Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 2:58 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
sheny wrote:http://colfer.tumblr.com/post/82259104174/another

BTS Video from 5x18, DC and Shirley McClaine singing a duet. It's filmed by fans from across the street and the song can't be heard but this pretty much confirms what Blaine's decision will be.

As if there was ever a real question of what Blaine would do

I'm sure that he spent a whole three seconds angsting over why he must be so blessed when his beloved gets nothing but kicks in the ass.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  fantastica on 4/10/2014, 3:13 pm

wait, does that mean blaine is going to get off the show? pretty please?
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 3:21 pm

We wish.

It's just going to be another example of Kurt being selfless and getting absolutely nothing as a result. He signs Rachel up for Funny Girl and she becomes a huge star. He brings Blaine along to impress the sponsor and Blaine is the one who benefits.

But does anyone ever do it for him? Is Rachel going to use her new contacts to give her most talented in the world best friend a boost and letthing him know that a part might be great for him to audition for? Is Blaine going to insist to his sugar mommy that she's missing out on wanting to help Kurt? Of course not. They're out for themselves and Kurt is their designated helpmate and cheerleader.

Really cannot believe just how upset these spoilers have made me. This is a TV show! I should not be getting this worked up over a television show!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  fantastica on 4/10/2014, 3:33 pm

i am heading to the gym. i need to get this crap show off my mind. it's doing my health no good.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 4/10/2014, 3:48 pm

Rachel won't do the scaffolding work, so Kurt's "Star" is better.   coool 

Ok, what annoys is that if this is Kurt's big chance with a NY socialite shaker, he would (and should) just focus on himself and his career.  Sure he can bask in Blaine's success and vice versa for each other, but it doesn't make sense that Kurt wouldn't put his career focus first in an audition.  There is no reason to drag Blaine along on the number.

I agree that the setup screws Kurt no matter what he does.  He's stupid for bringing Blaine along, he's petty/jealous if he resents Blaine success, and he's insufferably a martyr if he congratulates his BF, give him flowers and stoically just cheers him on.  

The only catch is that if  the socialite is  attracted to Blaine, not his talent, and it's a setup for a fall for Blaine.  Doubt it, but it's the one SL thing that could redeem this apparent WSS rehash.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6315
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 3:58 pm

I don't think that there's any way to salvage this storyline, because even if it doesn't work out to be a big advantage for Blaine in the end it will still be Blaine making the deliberate choice to capitalize on the work that Kurt had done for his own benefit. I don't think that there's any coming back from that.

And I really want someone to sit Kurt down (Ms. Tibideaux perhaps) and ask him if he's serious about becoming an actor because he keeps giving away his chances to other people. That it's okay to be selfish when you get an opportunity and not share it with the universe (because we know sure as hell the favor won't be returned).

Rachel's story, I think, is well past the point of salvaging. And the sad thing is that if they did this next season, I probably wouldn't have had any real issue with it. We all knew that the show was going to end with Rachel having achieved all her dreams, but they could have spent this season having her really work to get a chance and then do her big debut next season to close the series. Have her spend a year struggling a bit before giving her the huge win. Instead, in order to keep any kind of interest they have to keep piling on manufactured drama and increasingly huge successes without a trace of real drama.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 4/10/2014, 4:05 pm

Ranwing wrote:I don't think that there's any way to salvage this storyline, because even if it doesn't work out to be a big advantage for Blaine in the end it will still be Blaine making the deliberate choice to capitalize on the work that Kurt had done for his own benefit. I don't think that there's any coming back from that.

But Ranwing, someone else being noticed in an audition is a show biz trope. I know that it looks sucky, but if the reverse was done and Kurt got noticed while trying to help Blaine with an audition, I certainly wouldn't say Kurt was capitalizing on Blaine's work.

From all indications I'm going to assume Kurt invited Blaine to participate in the number with him, so it's the setup that sucks. You can't blame Blaine (it rhymes) if the opportunity falls in his lap, like everything does in the show. It's like the Valedictorian SL, it literally was handed to him.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6315
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 4:11 pm

I know... I'm just so tired of each time it comes down to Kurt or Blaine that Blaine always comes out on top. I know that it's going to be harder and take longer for Kurt to get his big break (and it will be oh so satisfying when he does), but I am sick to death of him always being passed over all the time.

Is it Blaine's fault? I'll grant that it's not, but I really wish that the show would for once take on this subject honestly - that if you fit someone's narrow view of what a male performer (or female, for that manner) looks and sounds like, you'll have an immediate advantage over the less conventional performer, even if he is more talented. Kurt constantly gets screwed and the worst part is that it wasn't necessary. They didn't have to have Kurt there to try to impress Shirley McLain's character. It could have just been Blaine's story and while I would have groused, it wouldn't have hit me so hard in the fairness portion of my brain.

Kurt never gets a break. Anything he's gotten he's worked like hell for. To constantly see him trying to put on a brave face (like he did after the WSS auditions) when he has to swallow being considered second best again is just more than I really want to tolerate at this point.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Georgette888 on 4/10/2014, 4:37 pm

The benefactor lady being attracted to Blaine and therefore forthcoming with support would be good, but I think that might be regarded by some as more meta so they might avoid it.  Laughing
avatar
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-04-29
Location : London, UK
Real Name : Abi

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  kac on 4/10/2014, 4:39 pm

Yeah, Chris' episode will be the last one I watch, if Chris does get a solo again, I'll watch it, but I'm officially through with this stupid stupid show.
avatar
kac
Llama
Llama

Posts : 135
Join date : 2012-02-25
Location : Canada
Real Name : Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/10/2014, 5:16 pm

Rachel's doing I'm the Greatest Star?  ohmy 
They are now just doing all this on purpose. I was willing to just bypass Blaine hogging the spotlight over Kurt because, duh Blaine, but I love Kurt's ITGS.

 No 
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Georgette888 on 4/10/2014, 5:23 pm

Well, I assume she is doing it because she is in Funny Girl so... not really a slam against Rachel this time, Just one against Ryan's bad planning.
avatar
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-04-29
Location : London, UK
Real Name : Abi

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 4/10/2014, 5:24 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Rachel's doing I'm the Greatest Star?  ohmy 
They are now just doing all this on purpose. I was willing to just bypass Blaine hogging the spotlight over Kurt because, duh Blaine, but I love Kurt's ITGS.

 No 

Listen, if they can have Santana do "DROMP" the ultimate Rachel song, (who did it TWICE) they certainly can revisit "I'm the greatest star". Not that I'm thrilled about it, but in the context of what I just said, it's not a huge shocker to me.
avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6315
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2014, 5:27 pm

Ranwing wrote:
M&M wrote:And now Rachel is singing "Im the Greatest Star" in ep 17. This day keeps getting better for Kurt stans. sigh.

Of fucking course. And cue the endless Kurt vs Rachel comparisons of who did it better. Just what I needed today.
Oh God, not again.  Mad 



Ranwing wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:As if there was ever a real question of what Blaine would do

I'm sure that he spent a whole three seconds angsting over why he must be so blessed when his beloved gets nothing but kicks in the ass.
I'll give Blaine the benefit of the doubt here and think it will be 6 seconds.  Rolling Eyes 

Ranwing wrote:Is it Blaine's fault? I'll grant that it's not, but I really wish that the show would for once take on this subject honestly - that if you fit someone's narrow view of what a male performer (or female, for that manner) looks and sounds like, you'll have an immediate advantage over the less conventional performer, even if he is more talented. Kurt constantly gets screwed and the worst part is that it wasn't necessary. They didn't have to have Kurt there to try to impress Shirley McLain's character. It could have just been Blaine's story and while I would have groused, it wouldn't have hit me so hard in the fairness portion of my brain.
This is what bothers me the most. Kurt's involvement wasnt necessary unless they deliberately wanted to slap him on the nose to stay in his dog basket (after his success in 5x16) and to infuriate the Kurtsies.

There is a very slim chance that they put Kurt in this storyline because somehow Kurt is involved in the rest of the storyline too, after Shirley chooses Blaine, like if the show actually addresses the unfairness, or Carmen learns Kurt to not give favors to others again.
Some have suggested that this is a redo of what went wrong before with WSS, but tbh: it's a stretch and I don't think Glee, excuse me, Blee would even feel the need to right the wrong of something that happened in season 3, especially not when it painfully harkens back to the show's own effemiphobia.

Georgette888 wrote:The benefactor lady being attracted to Blaine and therefore forthcoming with support would be good, but I think that might be regarded by some as more meta so they might avoid it.  Laughing
Hee, and imo that's exactly why they would do it. Flaunt it.  Rolling Eyes

Georgette888 wrote:Well, I assume she is doing it because she is in Funny Girl so... not really a slam against Rachel this time, Just one against Ryan's bad planning.
This.

But Kurt got written permission from the woman herself...miss Rachel Berry.  dryy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/10/2014, 5:42 pm

Buenos wrote:
valkeakuulas wrote:Rachel's doing I'm the Greatest Star?  ohmy 
They are now just doing all this on purpose. I was willing to just bypass Blaine hogging the spotlight over Kurt because, duh Blaine, but I love Kurt's ITGS.

 No 

Listen, if they can have Santana do "DROMP" the ultimate Rachel song, (who did it TWICE)  they certainly can revisit  "I'm the greatest star".  Not that I'm thrilled about it, but in the context of what I just said, it's not a huge shocker to me.  

I know logically no song is Kurt's or Rachel's etc. but sometimes it would be nice if the general feeling of the show's epic performances, such as ITGS or DROMP for the matter, would be treated as such, ie. epic, once-in-a-lifetime, reserved. ( Like freezed players shirts on sports games  dryy ) It's not even the fact that someone now gets to say that Lea does it better that makes me that upset, but because it's not seen as an important performance.

I don't know if I've really made any sense of why I feel upset but just keep imaging if they made someone else in the show do Rose's Turn. I wonder how mad we'd get after that. I already think they are so stupid for having done Don't Stop for thousand times, because repeat fades the impact.

After the summary I don't think I can see the silver lining in anything right now.
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 5:47 pm

I think that it's safe to assume that IATGS will be Rachel's crowning moment during her Funny Girl debut. Which means that I definately won't be watching that night. Maybe it wasn't the most important solo that Kurt ever sung (since it was his failed WSS audition), but it was still his song. Seeing Rachel singing it in triumph while Kurt sang it and had yet another mark in the failure row just doesn't sit right with me and I don't think I could stand watching it.

I really think that I could handle all this stuff if I had some clue that there was something good for Kurt coming down the pike, but with the shortened season, I just don't see it happening. Unless the episode that Chris is writing lays out some good groundwork for something for Kurt, or we get a nice surprise in the finale, I just don't hold out any real hope.

Everyone else can have success. Mercedes, Santana, Rachel, Sam, Blaine... but not Kurt.  badday

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/10/2014, 6:14 pm

Ranwing wrote:I think that it's safe to assume that IATGS will be Rachel's crowning moment during her Funny Girl debut. Which means that I definately won't be watching that night. Maybe it wasn't the most important solo that Kurt ever sung (since it was his failed WSS audition), but it was still his song. Seeing Rachel singing it in triumph while Kurt sang it and had yet another mark in the failure row just doesn't sit right with me and I don't think I could stand watching it.

I really think that I could handle all this stuff if I had some clue that there was something good for Kurt coming down the pike, but with the shortened season, I just don't see it happening. Unless the episode that Chris is writing lays out some good groundwork for something for Kurt, or we get a nice surprise in the finale, I just don't hold out any real hope.

Everyone else can have success. Mercedes, Santana, Rachel, Sam, Blaine... but not Kurt.  badday



Great post I agree. Doubt I will be watching episode 17 will not be watching episode 18 for sure. Evil or Very Mad badday 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
avatar
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2014, 7:15 pm

You know: they could have just as easily let Rachel sing 'Funny Girl', the song that Shelby sang way back in season 1. That would have worked just as well for her opening night, and it's from 2 seasons before Kurt's IATGS.
Plus 'Funny Girl' was not sung by a main, regular characer, and not used as an audition performance for a major plotline.

But then it would mean that Lea now would get compared to Idina Menzel, a real Broadway actress, instead of that self-trained young countertenor from small town Clovis, who got villified at the time by Rachels fans for even daring to touch a song that Rachel Berry "should have sung" on the show.
And we of course can never have Lea be in direct comparison to someone who might actually be very well able to beat her at her own game. Because that would undermine Rachel's storyline on Glee of being the most talented and shining young Broadway star to have ever graced the earth: the "once-in-a-generation voice".  Rolling Eyes 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2014, 7:49 pm

New promo:





The essentials:

 

 
x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  brisallie on 4/10/2014, 7:51 pm

You was an step forward Marie! I was about to post that as well. But is fine, we need anything that make us feel better today  Smile . Now I see why other boys approach to him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Buenos on 4/10/2014, 7:52 pm

Holy fuck.

avatar
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 6315
Join date : 2012-04-20
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2014, 7:55 pm

ded 




 
x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  brisallie on 4/10/2014, 8:05 pm

'I finally hit puberty'  tonguue that's so taken from real life. It was about time if were addresed on Glee how much he has changed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Ranwing on 4/10/2014, 8:10 pm

Yes, that does make me feel marginally better. Kurt's got guns and two hot guys in his weapons class that appreciate the view. Not gonna complain about that.  arms 

Love that while Kurt is eating a salad, Blaine is stuffing his face with chips. And did anyone notice that in the weapons class while Kurt is being admired and flirted with, in he background you've got Blaine sitting on the piano bench, eating. No wonder he's splitting his ugly yellow pants.

Sorry for being such a downer today, everyone. I'm trying to find my zen again.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Glorfindel on 4/10/2014, 8:16 pm

Ranwing wrote:Sorry for being such a downer today, everyone. I'm trying to find my zen again.
It has really been an emotional rollercoaster these past few days.

I need to find my zen again too.
Maybe I'll find it again after staring at those Kurt-in-battle-class gifs some more.  fanny2

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8702
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum