Chris Colfer on the set of GLEE on April 10, 2014

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 24

Post  sheny on 4/11/2014, 3:18 am

Song spoiler for 5x18
Wake Me Up - Rachel Berry (original Avicii)

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 4/11/2014, 3:43 am

Song spoiler: 5.18:

Piece Of My Heart, cantada por Blaine & June – Canção original da cantora Janis Joplin.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/11/2014, 4:34 am

Oh, lord. We'll have lots of screaming on that one from Darren.

Not sure if that fits with the conflict supposition of the benefactor wanting more than Blaine's, er, talent: 'Didn't I give you everything that a woman possibly can? ... that a woman can be tough...' etc.

God, Chris is looking wonderful. I love him with clothes and... fewer clothes. *g*
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/11/2014, 5:21 am

Buenos wrote:I know I sound insane but I do think there is a "twist" in the Shirley McClaine SL with Blaine and I also think Glee has established that Kurt is respected and viewed different at NYADA, he's hot and he has guns.

I do think something good is coming for Kurt and even Chris said something IIRC about something happening to Kurt he was excited about.
At the moment I think there simply has to be a twist too, because they wouldn't be that stupid to piss off the Chris Colfer fandom like that again, when they know how much that soured the entire fandom in the past (Kurt vs. Blaine war), but then again..... it's Glee and RIB we're talking about.  unsure

For my own sanity I'm gonna stick to my "expect the worst" mantra.

opals wrote:
Buenos wrote:Holy fuck.

There are no words for this. Tuesday can't come fast enough.  aa54  ded 
Who's with me when I confess that I find his flustered face sexier than his exposed skin?  blushh 
(not that his arms and shoulders are not sexy, because... miamiam )

opals wrote:Whoa! Whoa! Did GoBr just say that Darren and Shirley M are going to duet on Piece of My Heart as in Janis fucking Joplin's Piece of My Heart?!  Is nothing sacred? Must they butcher Janis, too? My ears hurt just thinking about them singing that song.
Oh boy, what were they thinking?  nowee 

ColferInspired wrote:Rachel is going to pick Hollywood, so goodbye Funny Girl.  Rolling Eyes
Is this just speculation or a legit spoiler?
If it's true..... then Rachel will either have an epic fail, or they are moving everyone to L.A. As long as they don't attempt to do another split narrative again, ugh.

sheny wrote:
So they kept in the Barbra hairdo in the new Funny Girl's production (not even Barbra's Fanny's hairdo: Barbra's own hairdo).
Wow, just wow.  blinkk 

I just got this scary image of Ryan Murphy in my head: spending his weekends in the basement of his house, dressed up as Fanny Brice, watching old Barbra movies and concerts, while clutching a picture of Lea Michele to his chest.
 areu

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/11/2014, 5:32 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I just got this scary image of Ryan Murphy in my head: spending his weekends in the basement of his house, dressed up as Fanny Brice, watching old Barbra movies and concerts, while clutching a picture of Lea Michele to his chest.
 areu

phr34r 
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire on 4/11/2014, 5:33 am

Buenos wrote:Song spoiler: 5.18:

Piece Of My Heart, cantada por Blaine & June – Canção original da cantora Janis Joplin.

Errrrrhhh... WTF?!? I don't know Shirley McLaine's voice, but Darren, whose voice has absolutely no edge at all, is going to sing Janis Joplin? I can't even start to describe the trainwreck it's going to be. I'd better run away from this because I don't see how I won't want to rip my ears off my head at that.
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/11/2014, 5:46 am

I don't think she is going to Hollywood, but by some she does quit "Funny Girl".

Wait for confirmation if this is the case, in that wait for a confirmed source.

Right now take it with a grain of salt.

Too anon pop up with spoilers, some turn out to be true, others not.

Though she quit Nyada, why not quit "Funny Girl" if she thinks she will become a Hollywood star?

And something about Blaine being picked over Kurt, seems to me he is picked for another reason, maybe not because of his so-called talent.

That is just my own speculation.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/11/2014, 5:58 am

Quitting a show while still under contract would mean death for her theater career. Unless they can count on the understudy to permanently cover the spot or (less likely) they've already got an actress being prepped to take the role once Rachel's run was done (and if she had already stated that she wasn't going to extend her contract), we're talking about very possibly shutting the show down. That means that the investors likely haven't made their investment back (and given that it can take months for that to happen it's possible that they show is still financially in the red), the rest of the cast and stage crew are out of work and Rachel's good professional reputation would be totally trashed.

It would also call back to something Ms. Tibideaux said. Is Rachel only interested in the spotlight or does she see herself as part of the theater community (by which she has a responsibility towards her cast mates and the production)? I think that it's clear from a lot of Rachel's past behavior that she is focused on herself and sees shows as a means to showcase herself. That the show has a responsibility to her (provide her a stage and focus) and not the other way around. This is the kind of attitude that absolutely destroys careers.

IF (and I'm making this a big if since the show is so reluctant to let Rachel really make a permanent mistake) Rachel quits FG and the show as a result closes down, she would be blasted in the entertainment media and very likely blacklisted as being unprofessional and unreliable. And then if this other golden opportunity falls through, she really would have to struggle to make a comeback. To be able to convince a producer that she's worth taking a chance on and that she learned her lesson and will measure up. But that would mean good storytelling and... this is Glee.

As for Blaine... if they do this storyline that SM' character picks Blaine because she thinks she can get a little prid pro quo between the sheets (since Kurt is so obviously capital G gay) and it's not made a case of Blaine being seen as more talented, I can live with it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/11/2014, 6:08 am

Ranwing wrote:IF (and I'm making this a big if since the show is so reluctant to let Rachel really make a permanent mistake) Rachel quits FG and the show as a result closes down, she would be blasted in the entertainment media and very likely blacklisted as being unprofessional and unreliable. And then if this other golden opportunity falls through, she really would have to struggle to make a comeback. To be able to convince a producer that she's worth taking a chance on and that she learned her lesson and will measure up. But that would mean good storytelling and... this is Glee.
She could always try to get a teaching job at NYADA.  Rolling Eyes 
*cough*Cassie July*cough*

As for Blaine... if they do this storyline that SM' character picks Blaine because she thinks she can get a little prid pro quo between the sheets (since Kurt is so obviously capital G gay) and it's not made a case of Blaine being seen as more talented, I can live with it.
Bonus points for a scorned SM coldly telling Blaine that he wasn't that talented to begin with anyway, and she only endured his 'singing' for the sake of getting laid.  suspectt

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/11/2014, 6:24 am

I could live with a story like that for Blaine.  Smile 

Makes me think she might think Blaine is bi.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 4/11/2014, 6:33 am

ColferInspired wrote:I could live with a story like that for Blaine.  Smile 

Makes me think she might think Blaine is bi.

Agree 100%. Especially if that meant Kurt would end things with Blaine for good.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 4/11/2014, 6:53 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Ranwing wrote:
Bonus points for a scorned SM coldly telling Blaine that he wasn't that talented to begin with anyway, and she only endured his 'singing' for the sake of getting laid.  suspectt

I doubt that’s going to happen. Shirley McClaine is 80 years old, maybe she can pass for 60 something but Blaine is barely legal and by making her interested in him sexually they will make her character look like a pedophile and I really don’t think they will do that to an actress of her calibre.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/11/2014, 7:01 am

I wouldn't put anything past them right now.

Look what they did with Kitty and Puck.

Puck and Shelby.

This is not beyond them.

April, Puck and Matt.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 4/11/2014, 7:06 am

ColferInspired wrote:I wouldn't put anything past them right now.

Puck and Shelby.

This is not beyond them.

April, Puck and Matt.

Puck just turned 18 when he and Kitty happened. To be honest, I really do not see the problem of two teenagers dating with a 2/3 year age difference. It is not like one eats wisdom the moment you become of-age.

Shelby and Puck however are a totally different story.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/11/2014, 7:22 am

This could possibly be for Chris's episode.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/11/2014, 7:25 am

The Matt and Jane duet will be the best part of "Opening Night."

I don't care too much about Lea doing ITGS. It's not surprising since it's a funny girl song she hasn't done yet. I'm just going to ignore the Chris v. Lea thing because it's not really a comparison that should be made. Each performance will have it's on good and bad points. Like, Lea's version may end up being sung better technically, but I don't think Lea can put the character in it that Chris did, and it definitely won't be the physical masterpiece that Chris' was. Plus, in my mind, Rachel's performance will be choreographed by others, while Kurt's was all him Smile

I was wondering when they'd get around to having "Wake Me Up" on the show. Not so sure how I feel about Lea singing it, though, but I guess it is better than Darren singing it.

Add me to the list of people who are not looking forward to Darren trying to screech his way though "Piece of My Heart." It is not going to be good.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/11/2014, 7:26 am

ColferInspired wrote:This could possibly be for Chris's episode.

I hope he dances. LOL

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/11/2014, 7:35 am

I think Chris will have known that he can't really majorly affect Glee canon. I think he will have just had fun with it and banked the screenwriter credit for his CV. And that's fine with me.

Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 4/11/2014, 7:58 am

Puck and Shelby.

This is not beyond them.

April, Puck and Matt.

We can't really compare the 3 year age difference between Puck and Kitty to the 60 years between Blaine and that lady. With Shelby and Puck, the number was a lot bigger but not even close to 60.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 4/11/2014, 8:18 am

Yeah, perhaps the 'Hollywood Legend' status of Shirley Maclaine will preclude it. If so, they'll just give her a nice little guest stint that doesn't rock any boats. She'll be a slightly eccentric, rich old broad who like to put on a show!!! And sees Blaine's peerless talent.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 4/11/2014, 8:39 am

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:
So they kept in the Barbra hairdo in the new Funny Girl's production (not even Barbra's Fanny's hairdo: Barbra's own hairdo).
Wow, just wow.  blinkk 

areu

That's so creepy  phr34r.

But being serious, when I saw that picture I thought 'Oh she's so Barbra', and personally I'd prefer if she has her own image and not trying to be a sort of copycat. I know Rachel's dream role was always Fanny , and she's living her dream, but as Shelby said, she has to be a new Fanny, bring something fresh, not trying to be Barbra 2.0

Haha as for the thories that probably the old lady will have an attraction toward Blaine...I don't know what to say about it as it sounds crazy, but possible at the same time. In that situation I'm unsure if I would feel upset as once again he will be portrayed as a 'heartthrob', or please to realize she is not interested on his because he's talented.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 4/11/2014, 8:48 am

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:
Wow, just wow.  blinkk 

areu

That's so creepy  phr34r.

But being serious, when I saw that picture I thought 'Oh she's so Barbra', and personally I'd prefer if she has her own image and not trying to be a sort of copycat. I know Rachel's dream role was always Fanny , and she's living her dream, but as Shelby said, she has to be a new Fanny, bring something fresh, not trying to be Barbra 2.0

Haha as for the thories that probably the old lady will have an attraction toward Blaine...I don't know what to say about it as it sounds crazy, but possible at the same time. In that situation I'm unsure if I would feel upset as once again he will be portrayed as a 'heartthrob', or please to realize she is not interested on his because he's talented.

Maybe he flirts with her, and she likes the attention.

Something Kurt would never do.

An old lady flattered by the attention of a young man and is just lapping it up.

Blaine is quite sly and he is manipulative.

Or he piles on the praises.

The fact that Blaine doesn't share his career boons with Kurt like Kurt agrees to do with him shows how selfish Blaine is.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 4/11/2014, 9:55 am

I'm finally making my peace with things. I highly doubt that Blaine will get a huge boost from wooing this patroness and yes, he is looking like a selfish dick if Kurt doesn't benefit from his good fortune (whereas Kurt was willing to help Blaine along). It would be nice if this does cause some real friction in their relationship. Not so much in that Kurt is jealous that the patroness picked Blaine to work with (because I'd like to see him getting confidence enough to believe that he can succeed without special help), but more the point that he always feels like he's supporting Blaine, but that support doesn't seem to get returned in the same fashion. And yes, bring up the whole alpha gay thing again (only now have Blaine insist that he feels like the beta given how Kurt is respected and sought at NYADA). We can end the season with the engagement being broken and Kurt focusing on building his career and not trying to massage his ungrateful (hopefully soon to be ex-) finance's ego all the time.

As for Rachel... I honestly can't figure out what the writers have in mind. They've given her so much success so quickly and with so little real effort that one of two things is going to happen - the successes will keep coming and become more outrageous and unbeleivable and Rachel will have won a Tony, a Grammy and an Oscar by the end of next season, or she's going to be heading for a huge crash. Given that I've been waiting for several years for Rachel to really crash and burn when she goes too far, I'm not optimistic on the writers actually following through. It would be interesting to see Rachel trying to come back from seriously fucking up her career (quitting her show and then finding that the other prospect falls through) but I just don't hold out optimism that it's going to happen.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 4/11/2014, 9:57 am

sheny wrote:I doubt that’s going to happen. Shirley McClaine is 80 years old, maybe she can pass for 60 something but Blaine is barely legal and by making her interested in him sexually they will make her character look like a pedophile and I really don’t think they will do that to an actress of her calibre.
Killjoy.   beam 

Puck and Shelby.

This is not beyond them.

April, Puck and Matt.
Don't forget Brody-the-male- prostitute and Cassandra July.

Terri daydreaming she could use Finn as a replacement of Will.

Brittany having had sex with the janitor.

Sam being a stripper when he was a sophomore and supposedly losing his virginity then.

Or Sue wanting to have the ND boys' sperm (except for Kurt and Artie's) for a baby.

vomit2

sheny wrote:We can't really compare the 3 year age difference between Puck and Kitty to the 60 years between Blaine and that lady. With Shelby and Puck, the number was a lot bigger but not even close to 60.
I agree, but I wouldn't put it past them anyway.

This show would do anything at this point, imo. And since Blaine is legally an adult maybe SM wouldn't even mind the idea of her character being in a position to twist a young man around her little finger, with some flirting and innuendo to boot. It's not like these things don't happen, especially in showbusiness, although it's usually an older man with a young girl.
Hey, they could even throw in a song from 'Sunset Boulevard'.  Smile

Or maybe SM's character has an ugly granddaughter/son she wants Blaine to please.  saispa 

Btw: Shirley Maclaine sang an awesome version of 'I'm Still Here' in the movie 'Postcards From The Edge':

ColferInspired wrote:This could possibly be for Chris's episode.

Oooooh, my fandoms are colliding again.  wub

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't care too much about Lea doing ITGS.  It's not surprising since it's a funny girl song she hasn't done yet.  I'm just going to ignore the Chris v. Lea thing because it's not really a comparison that should be made.  Each performance will have it's on good and bad points.  Like, Lea's version may end up being sung better technically, but I don't think Lea can put the character in it that Chris did, and it definitely won't be the physical masterpiece that Chris' was.  Plus, in my mind, Rachel's performance will be choreographed by others, while Kurt's was all him Smile
And yet then she immediately starts comparing them.  tonguue

Kidding aside: I agree. When a version is good it's good, period, no matter who else sang the song good as well. Same when it's bad.
But I'm sure the versions of Chris and Lea will be compared vigorously in the fandom anyway, and I'm so nhft.  arghh

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top