Chris in Hot In Cleveland

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris in Hot In Cleveland

Post  Glorfindel on 5/9/2015, 6:24 pm

fantastica wrote:Marie: why did you think that the play part of the singing was pre-recorded? it would be so hard to lip sync all of these song/talk stuff. is it because it sounds so perfect? I think they are all live. the whole show is live.
Because you could sometimes see that they were lipsynching, as they weren't always in sync with the music.

And also because I don't think they did it all in one take, yet the music and their singing smoothly goes on and on.
For instance: I think they stopped the filming right before the barn falls down (when Tony walks to the front, gives a thumbs up to his mom, and then the camera cuts to her). I think they took a moment there to make sure Chris was standing on the exact right spot on the stage and keeping his arms to his sides before they let the barn fall down on him. Maybe they even had to unlatch a few safety hooks that kept the front of the barn attached to the back when Carol Burnett and Betty White were constantly opening (and Chris closing) the windows at the sides earlier in the scene, so it wouldn't fall down prematurely if one of the ladies accidentally tripped and bumped into the barn front from behind.
But Chris is singing a line during the thumbs up and the falling down of the barn: a smooth transition like that is not possible if Chris sang it live and they stopped the scene there.

However, they probably sang that song live for the audience during the taping of the sketch (some of the Carol Burnett stuff sounded live and were hard to time and lipsynch, same with the spoken lines), but then, to get the sound more even and to maybe give it more volume (to be heard over the audience reactions), the sound editors overdubbed some of the singingĀ  afterwards with either a recorded version, or audio they got from live takes or rehearsals that went very smoothly, and mixed that with the live sound effects and laughter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel

Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Re: Chris in Hot In Cleveland

Post  Divalicious on 5/10/2015, 4:55 pm

Finally got to see the episode. What a difference, Kurt isn't good enough for anyone, or masculine for that matter, Tony is loved by all. No one makes a big deal about him "singing like a girl", they just are amazed he sings so beautifully. I don't know if it is the lighting, or the make up people, or just looking forward to being free, but he looks relaxed and happy here.

Nice that there is a producer out there who is impressed with Chris, and I do so hope to see him visit Grimm. He uses Sai swords for a reason, sounds like they might be effective against Wesen, just sayin' Smile

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic View next topic Back to top