Chris in Hot In Cleveland

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Chris in Hot In Cleveland

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:02 am

sheny wrote:
Brief Synopsis of Chris Colfer’s ‘Hot in Cleveland’ episode

Brief synopsis of the episode: Chris’ character, Tony lost contact with his mum but came to visit. She was convinced that he’s gay and really wanted a gay son and he came and brought his “partner” and she was excited and then he was like to her friends “I’m not gay but she’d be heartbroken if I told her the truth. That guy’s my business partner.” But she was so excited that he couldn’t ever come out as straight to her… And she basically deduced that he was engaged and he had to pretend to be engaged to this guy omg and then in the last scene he’s like “yeah mum I’m straight I have a girlfriend.” and yeah that was his storyline. More to come!

x

Tony and Justin to me looked fake.

Great acting by both of them.

It was frustrating me that there are ones on tumblr making all these gay roles for Chris to play assuming that that will be all he will get.

Which there is nothing wrong with at all.

But there are more straight roles than gay roles, which is a sad fact, but Chris could have more of a chance for roles if he starts playing straight roles more.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:19 am

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:24 am

colfer:
Wow okay so I got there a lil bit late because traffic in LA sucks… Anyway, I was put into the standby line and told I could only go in if someone didn’t turn up, it was the worst feeling ever. Anyway, around an hour later we were told we can go in but we’ll have back row seats without a view… It sucked, but at this point we were just happy that we got in really!
So.. When we went in, we got taken to these front row seats?! And we just sat down and had a huge freak out bc it was probably one of the best seats in the house and like holy shit?!
After awhile, Will walks in and sits in the front row too… And we’re like holy shit Will is actually here. 5 minutes later, Ashley walked in?!
So they start filming, and lemme tell u Chris Colfer is the most adorable lil shit when he screws up his lines, he just starts laughing and it’s infectious omg.
Later on, the Audience Warm Up guy asks if anyone is here from out of country and Pauline points at me (thanks Pauline!) so I tell him that I’m from England and I’m here studying etc. Later he comes up to me and asks me what kind of music I like so OBVIOUSLY I shout CHRIS COLFER! And Ashley and Will’s heads just like shoot in my direction omfg… And then the guy grabs my hand and takes me up to wave to Chris.
After the filming, when doing his bows Chris waved at us and we went up and asked for his autograph and he was like “Of course!” But dumb security ushered us out before he had the chance to, luckily the man we were sat next to was able to go backstage and get the autographs for us! So ridiculously happy right now!
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:29 am

colfer:
Okay, Chris had 3 outfits:
First one, he wore grey trousers and a denim jacket and t shirt.
Second, he wore a maroon polo and tight jeans.
Third, he wore a maroon dotted button up and the same jeans, and later put on a dark blazer.
He looked stunning, they were having lots of professional pictures done, hopefully you guys will get to see soon enough!

Can they just make Chris a regular please.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 5/10/2014, 2:38 am

ColferInspired wrote:colfer:
Okay, Chris had 3 outfits:
First one, he wore grey trousers and a denim jacket and t shirt.
Second, he wore a maroon polo and tight jeans.
Third, he wore a maroon dotted button up and the same jeans, and later put on a dark blazer.
He looked stunning, they were having lots of professional pictures done, hopefully you guys will get to see soon enough!

Can they just make Chris a regular please.

Agree 100%.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:41 am

This episode will air 30 Aug.

ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 2:46 am

Tony is straight and now there is no new ship with Tony and Justin.  Razz

The disappointment is quite funny.

But I can see fanfiction still being written though.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 3:03 am

colferschristopher:
I’m mobile so just a quick runs down of tonight:
Chris plays a straight guy pretending to be gay and his whole side of the episode is him struggling to come “in” to his mother that his partner is actually his business partner and they need funding for an app while his mother plans their wedding.
At one point during Chris’ first scene Betty White’s character Elka was introduced to Tony and Tony goes “no you told me you lived with an old women, who is this breath of spring?” And Elka says “I want one.” And Ashley nudged Will who ducked his head a little and cheered louder as the audience laughed at the joke
CHRIS WAS STUNNING AND ANYONE WHO SAYS HE CAN’T PLAY STRAIGHT NEEDS GLASSES
Will was always looking for Chris
At one point Chris crossed over and Will blew him kisses, I didn’t catch if Chris blew them back but kisses were blown at Chris.
After the first take of the announcement being announced Chris looked for Will and then waved all cute and Will waved really excitedly back, when Chris was sitting during his first scene he also waved and at Will And Ashley.
At one point Ashley asked if Chris was texting Will and he said yes. (Hahahahaha sobs)
Will and Ashley were Soooo excited for Chris!!! It was so cute!
At one point the crowd warmer was playing a game of guess the theme songs and Will knew everyone. Also, when the Golden Girls Theme song came on Will put his head on Ashley’s shoulder and sang it to her.
Will sang another song I can’t remember.
Uhmm yeah that’s all I can remember right now my brain is going a mile a second!!
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 3:36 am

ahhelga:
so like will is so cute - he was there early with us audience members and so he got to eat one of the sandwiches they gave us which he totally devoured and wow this is such a dumb post
Oh yeah and then when they brought the cookies out he was like “oh!” And perked up and then devoured that as soon as he got it lol.

Just like when they brought out cookies on the Glee set while filming "Downtown" and Chris ran over when he saw the cookies.  Razz
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 3:43 am

Some more little stories?

• When Chris first came on stage, everyone cheered and applauded so loudly that on the next take they were like “We don’t usually applaud when people come onstage, so can you not this time?”
  • A member of the audience had to dance to Single Ladies, and Chris’ face lit up as soon as the song came on!
  • There was a dog sat near me in the audience and Chris kept looking at it and awwwww-ing, he never came over, but Betty White did!
  • Whenever he screwed up his lines, he would smile really wide or laugh, it was so cute and infectious!

colfer:
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/10/2014, 5:01 am

Now those are posts I am happy to wake up to. I cannot wait for the episode. As Marie said, you can see in the pics he is playing a character.

All the Chris/Will/Ashley tidbits seriously melt my heart.

BTW, HiC is airing on NBC? The home of Hannibal and Bryan Fuller, who adores Chris and wants him to play a serial killer? MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! HAVE HIM BE A GUEST STAR ON BOTH SHOWS!!!
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 5:11 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Now those are posts I am happy to wake up to. I cannot wait for the episode. As Marie said, you can see in the pics he is playing a character.

All the Chris/Will/Ashley tidbits seriously melt my heart.

BTW, HiC is airing on NBC? The home of Hannibal and Bryan Fuller, who adores Chris and wants him to play a serial killer? MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! HAVE HIM BE A GUEST STAR ON BOTH SHOWS!!!

Yes, it does air on NBC.  neutre
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 5/10/2014, 7:02 am

ColferInspired wrote:This episode will air 30 Aug.

30th August can't come fast enough  Smile 

And Chris looks really good in his 'Tony' look. I'm not too big a fan of gravity-defying hair as well.

My inner selfish fan wants Tony to become a recurring character on HIC, just to see more of Chris embodying a different character.
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 5/10/2014, 8:10 am

Ngl, the plot spoilers aren't thrilling me, but I'm sure Chris will be good and the plot may be better written than the summary makes it sound. Anyway, still looking forward to seeing Chris in another role.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/10/2014, 8:14 am

^ I am also not very fond of the plot and can already smell the backlash once it airs... It still looks very comedic though. And as you said, I am just very happy to see Chris in other projects and so very soon!

BUT, on a very selfish level, I am happy that Chris got cast in a heterosexual role, as HW is still very much homophobic and incapable to recognize true talent despite the actors sexuality.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/10/2014, 8:32 am

Georgette888 wrote:Ngl, the plot spoilers aren't thrilling me, but I'm sure Chris will be good and the plot may be better written than the summary makes it sound. Anyway, still looking forward to seeing Chris in another role.
The plot can be a bit eye-rolling, but otoh this show really is a comedy (unlike Glee, with its pretentious PSA's), so a little stroll in the ridiculous and political incorrect is more allowed, as long as they bring it tongue-in-cheek, and with Betty White in the cast that's almost a guarantee.

Plus I think that if this 'coming out' plot really felt offensive to Chris as a gay man I doubt he would have agreed to do it.

Anyway: I must confess I laughed out loud when I read the plot 'twist', mostly because of the nay-sayers who are always propheting that Chris will only play gay roles.  Rolling Eyes
You could practically hear them cheering when that pic of Tony and his 'partner' came out, so to see them land on their butts after the synopsis was revealed is amusing to me.

And I think it's amusing to Chris too, to have his sexuality/ability-to-act-straight specificly been made into a plotline, after several people asking him about Carson's sexuality when it didn't really matter for the story.
Of course 'his' Tony would be gay, and then "Tadaaaaaaa"! he turns out to be straight.

If this Tony is a bit 'suspicious', as in his mannerisms and behavior are a bit 'feminine' (according to society's forced standards), and that's why his mom thinks he's gay, this plotline also is a big f*ck you to effemiphobes and people who immediately associate being effeminate to being gay.

So, if this storylinewill work (without being offensive) or not will depend on the balance between the comedy level and the possible more serious (social) layers underneath.
And if anyone can deliver both comedy and those more complex layers in his acting it's Chris.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 5/10/2014, 9:06 am

^ True, I also trust Chris judgement. There are a number of Glee fans who will hate what Chris does anyway, no matter the context.

BTW, NBC also does the Peter Pan musical. It is good to know that Chris has proper connections to the TV channel. Maybe there actually will be some surprise casting announcements (probably not, but still... let me hope).
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 10:08 am

I love the summary.

They could have picked any straight actor, but they picked Chris, who is playing a straight character pretending to be gay.

I have seen a similar storyline in another comedy years ago, where the character was gay but was pretending to be straight, were in the end the mum didn't care he was gay.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 10:38 am

Someone says the show is on Wednesday and that would make it the 27th Aug.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/10/2014, 10:59 am

colfer:

Hope it’s okay if I just add one teeny little thing (besides the fact that Chris’s pants were super tight in that last scene - thank you, wardrobe department!), the first song during the dance competition that the warm-up guy did for the audience was Single Ladies, and as soon as it started playing Chris’s little head just perked right up and he looked around to see what was going on. There was no dancing (thank goodness, or we probably would have all combusted on the spot), but it was adorable.
Chris is also stupid adorable when he starts laughing when the other actors (particularly Betty White) mess up their lines. Not in a mean way, of course, he just gets so giggly and can’t stop smiling. My face hurts just thinking about it.
Oh god, he was just so lovely and GOOD. I wish my eyeballs were video cameras so I could have captured the whole thing forever and ever. I can’t wait until the episode airs so everyone can bask even more in the glory that is Chris Colfer.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/10/2014, 2:35 pm

sheny wrote:
Brief Synopsis of Chris Colfer’s ‘Hot in Cleveland’ episode

Brief synopsis of the episode: Chris’ character, Tony lost contact with his mum but came to visit. She was convinced that he’s gay and really wanted a gay son and he came and brought his “partner” and she was excited and then he was like to her friends “I’m not gay but she’d be heartbroken if I told her the truth. That guy’s my business partner.” But she was so excited that he couldn’t ever come out as straight to her… And she basically deduced that he was engaged and he had to pretend to be engaged to this guy omg and then in the last scene he’s like “yeah mum I’m straight I have a girlfriend.” and yeah that was his storyline. More to come!

x

I found this funny as is something you rarely see, a mom that wanted his son to be gay. As I don't follow this show, there must be a reason why she wants this? How is her character?

So sad we have to wait until August to see it :(

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 5/10/2014, 4:50 pm

hrhchriscolfer I had a terrific week at @hotnclevelandtv! @WendieMalick @Wolfiesmom @JaneLeeves @BettyMWhite are some amazing ladies!

@WendieMalick Meet my gorgeous son, Tony! @chriscolfer happy Mother’s Day…

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 5/10/2014, 5:33 pm

I like that photo with Wendie Malick, mother and son doing the same pose lol, wish it weren't so blurry

And he looks short next to Sam Daly, as if he were on his tiptoes.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 5/11/2014, 1:39 am

it's somehow strange for a mother to PREFER her son to be gay. but then, i remember i was a slight bit disappointed that my younger son turned out to be straight. i know it's possible to feel that way, but i can't find any rationale for it. does it make sense?

Last edited by fantastica on 5/11/2014, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typoo!)
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 5/11/2014, 1:52 am

fantastica wrote:it's somehow strange for a mother to PREFER her son to be gay. but then, i remember i was a slight big disappointed that my younger son turned out to be straight. i know it's possible to feel that way, but i can't find any rationale for it. does it make sense?

Well, the mum's third husband she suspected as gay.

But all her children are adopted, and it is a sitcom.

So, I don't know.  saispa
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top