5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
94% 94% 
[ 16 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 17

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 4/18/2014, 4:45 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
ChrisColfersLightning wrote:Do anyone know how I can see the itunes ratings?

Sorry, but I wish I could help you.

Someone should put them up soon.

Sometimes it is Marie (Glofindel), that puts them up or someone else.
Reporting for duty!  fanny2 

Top 1500
 
357. Love Is A Battlefield
593. Colorblind
656. I Want To Know What Love Is
1177. Let's Wait Awhile
 
 
Top 1500 Pop - only new songs
 
...
551. Addicted To Love
 
 
Top 1500 Albums
 
24. Tested
278. Bash
561. New New York
704. Celebrating 100 Episodes


Georgette888 wrote:They don't want real. They want 'fairy tale'. They don't seem to realise that, I'm sure, this is what Chris cannot stand: the pressure for the show to retreat to schmoop in every circumstance.

You know when Chris said that his acting was said to be too good in his Disney Channel auditions? Well, it is too good for Glee too. These 'fans' don't want light, shade, subtlety; they want "I love you" and sheep eyes in a Pepto-Bismol glow.
^This.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/18/2014, 4:56 pm

I'm really suprised that Love Is a Battlefield is higher than Colorblind. An old song beating Amber's original? Who is buying that song? Klainers? Kids?
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 4/18/2014, 5:54 pm

ooo, color blind dropping so fast isn't a good thing. i love that song and i wish it could do better. but then, outside of glee probably few knew about this song. you can't rely on glee fans to buy your son. music biz is tough. i wish amber lots of good luck.
avatar
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 9676
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : USA, East Coast
Real Name : the original Kim

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 4/19/2014, 4:40 am

I really enjoyed Love Is a Battlefield performance on the show, (Kurt sound hot and looked friggen sexy PLUS kicked Blaine's hating ass so a win for Kurtsies Wink i did not buy it because album version too much Blaine screaming, but still it is not topping charts, Good Glee songs normally be in the 90's or 100's, not 300's , As far as Color Blind, maybe people got annoyed by seeing that it was used for a different meaning than what Amber said it was meant to be about on the Queen Latifah Show? I know most people probably think Sam is a racist in the GA and maybe did not like that Amber said this song meant something else and watch Glee and saw that it was claimed to be a song about race, idk. It is just a theory.(And Sam is a racist A hole and that unnerved me tbh) But lets wait a while was great! I know it is old, but it was a good cover, idk why it was so far off the charts :/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


avatar
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 436
Join date : 2014-02-07
Location : US
Real Name : Tae

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/19/2014, 5:10 am

Tweeting during a show increases ratings for a show.

This was just pointed out by Fannibals (Hannibal fans) as they have been doing and Supernatural have been doing it like forever.

If we tweet during Chris's episode by tweeting #OlddogNewTricks and #ChrisColfer it will increase the ratings and also #Glee.

If no one puts #Glee or "BackUpPlan in their tweets if they still want to tweet about the episode these will not increase any ratings.

Blarren stans have been doing this repeatedly.

Tweet @RyanMurphy and others during Chris's episode. This is one way to increase ratings as well as watching the episode.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/19/2014, 6:18 am

Finally saw this and I found I really enjoyed it.

It is nice to hear that Kurt has new friends at Nyada but it is a shame we won't see them on screen.

I would love an episode to see out on the town with these friends.

I thought I would hate Blaine, but I felt annoyed about him and saw that really he is harmless, but pathetic. Kurt I could tell is the one in control, Blaine could never take that away from him.

Blaine's moves were agressive but sloppy in the combat class.

Sam is an idiot but his heart is in the right place and truely does love Mercedes. I found their scenes really sweet.

Sam opens his mouth before speaking so in "Bash" I know it was racist but this is born from his ignorance as he didn't do it out of hate or to be hurtful.

Artie's story was really good, and enjoyed it. He lost a wonderful girl, but that is his fault.

This was really good episode.

Chris/Kurt was so damn hot during "Love Is A Battlefield".  ded 

He was just pure sex.

The diner scene was hilarious. Razz 

Blaine did say Kurt has an amazing body, so that is the best compliment I have every heard from him describing Kurt.

Kurt kicked Blaine's ass in that combat class.  Smile

I do feel sad that Kurt is no longer with the girls, but then happy he is now one of the guys.

I liked Rachel is this episode. It was side of her that I had missed seeing.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/20/2014, 2:43 am

I have heard talk about this for a quite a while that they are turning Kurt into a Finn.

Finn was the quarterback and seen as a leader and was called a hero.

Kurt is a leader in his combat class, and he is a hero.

By Kurt's VO jocks join the combat class, where Kurt is now one, and accepted as one.

And someone pointed out that Blaine is Rachel.

So, they have sort of recreated their own Finchel.

Though Kurt is more independent of Blaine and is quite willing to call him out on his crap.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/20/2014, 4:15 pm

Where is been commented they're turning Kurt into Finn? Yeah, is true that slowly Kurt is starting to be considered a sort of hero by other people, but I think Kurt is an step forward as he's more confident of himself. While Finn had many doubts ,and sadly when he was about to start his studies and focused on his life, something that I'm sure would have brought more confident to his persona, he died.

But it can be that some people actually see Kurt as the lead male role, or the one that should be.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing on 4/20/2014, 7:27 pm

There is a huge difference between how Kurt and Finn approached life and how the world sees them. I loved Finn, but he took the titles of "leader" and "hero" as givens. Nearly something that he was owed by virtue of her position in the school hierarchy. A bit of straight white boy entitlement. But there were a lot of times when push came to shove (like when Karofsky threatened Kurt's life) where Finn just fell down on the job because he was more interested in protecting his status than actually being a leader or hero. We see this also with Blaine (who while he's gay is treated like a straight guy) who in actuality did nothing to help Kurt except give bad advice and a few text messages (and I think did far more to harm Kurt than help).

Kurt, on the other hand, never worried about status. He often came through for others and received little appreciation for his efforts (like when he saved the WWS production or helping Sam while his family was homeless). He's stood up for others, regardless of the risk to himself. More importantly, he doesn't go looking for that distinction. He just does what he needs to and people are finally recognizing the difference between appearing to have the attributes of heroism vs actually being a hero.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

avatar
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 3529
Join date : 2012-07-18
Location : Levittown, NY
Real Name : Wendy

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/20/2014, 9:07 pm

brisallie wrote:Where is been commented they're turning Kurt into Finn? Yeah, is true that slowly Kurt is starting to be considered a sort of hero by other people, but I think Kurt is an step forward as he's more confident of himself. While Finn had many doubts ,and sadly when he was about to start his studies and focused on his life, something that I'm sure would have brought more confident to his persona, he died.

But it can be that some people actually see Kurt as the lead male role, or the one that should be.

Some fans were having a discussion about it a while back on tumblr.

That they could start to see it in The Quarterback.

Blaine stans do complain that they don't want Klaine anymore. I think that has to do with Kurt no longer fitting in the girl role anymore.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/20/2014, 9:41 pm

ColferInspired wrote:

Some fans were having a discussion about it a while back on tumblr.

That they could start to see it in The Quarterback.

Blaine stans do complain that they don't want Klaine anymore. I think that has to do with Kurt no longer fitting in the girl role anymore.

I see. As I'm not regularly on tumblr I didn't read anything related to that, but if I recall here in the forum was commented how Kurt had some Finn's gestures/attitude in The Quaterback.

By other side, though I said I'm not usually on tumblr, I came across those complaints, and only proves me how some klainers only ship this couple because of blaine.  But you know, if their whiny attitude it works, klaine probably will break up, and I'm fine with it...fine whilst Kurt is not putting aside.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/20/2014, 10:05 pm

This episode has really put a different light on the car scene in TFT and the WSS storyline, Blaine auditioning for Tony. And connects all of Klaines storylines right back to Dalton and just proven a lot of anti-klainers what Blaine's mindset and motives have been.

This episode had a lot of continuity. 

If they had Blaine admit in his VO that having sex with Kurt had to do with his role as
Tony, so he could play it better, I think they would have hammered a few more nails in Blaine's coffin.

If Blaine saw Kurt as just Kurt back then as what is now canon that he did, he believed Kurt would never get the role as Tony. But he would.

The car scene, Blaine was horny and Kurt was just convenient.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 4/21/2014, 3:50 am

ColferInspired wrote:This episode has really put a different light on the car scene in TFT and the WSS storyline, Blaine auditioning for Tony. And connects all of Klaines storylines right back to Dalton and just proven a lot of anti-klainers what Blaine's mindset and motives have been.

This episode had a lot of continuity. 

If they had Blaine admit in his VO that having sex with Kurt had to do with his role as
Tony, so he could play it better, I think they would have hammered a few more nails in Blaine's coffin.

If Blaine saw Kurt as just Kurt back then as what is now canon that he did, he believed Kurt would never get the role as Tony. But he would.

The car scene, Blaine was horny and Kurt was just convenient.

There's so much awful in that VO it's like an overload of douchebaggery. But one part stood out to me that I haven't really seen discussed, or not this way, and it sort of relates to the "sexual object" part: the line where he mentions HE always saw Kurt as having leading man potential but no one else did.

Yet we have never seen Blaine show Kurt (or anyone else) that he thought this until that VO. (And there HAVE been others who saw Kurt that way, like Adam ("you'd make a fantastic Brick").

So.... is the implication here that Blaine knew Kurt was competition for Blaine's 'Alpha-gay' status and that's why he tried to undermine Kurt from nearly the start of when they met (namely when Kurt transferred to Dalton, the "don't try so hard" speech).

IF Blaine truly believed Kurt had the potential AND was supportive of Kurt, why did he, knowing Kurt needed Tony for his NYADA application, not only audition for WSS with a Tony song, but also NOT fight FOR Kurt getting Tony when Artie offered it to him instead?

We've seen characters (mostly Kurt) fight for others to get a role/opportunity that was about to be rejected. How different could that WSS storyline have gone when Blaine was offered Tony, that he instead said, "I think you all are selling Kurt and his talent short by not giving him a fair chance. There's no way I can reach the notes in 'Maria' that Kurt can, in his sleep. Why? Because he's 'not manly' enough for Tony and I am? I thought you were more open-minded than that. ..."

But we know how it played out instead. And with all the failures and disappointments Kurt has been dealt, that then Blaine has had handed to him whether he asked for them or not, one would think that during at least one of those moments a Blaine who "knew Kurt had leading man potential" AND loved/supported Kurt would have stepped up and said so.

Instead when Kurt steps out into that role, or at least grabbing for it, Blaine tries to pull him down, is dismissive, or 'punishes' him for it, whether it's Kurt's band or gaining confidence at Vogue, or just speaking for himself and/or his interests (Blaine's repeated 'shushing' behavior with Kurt).

So basically, given canon Blaine behaviors (and other comments in the VO as well) vs the statement in that line "I always knew Kurt had leading man potential, but no one else did..." in the VO, is Blaine essentially leaving unsaid "... and that was exactly why I tried to make sure no one ever did." ("I'M the leading-man here! Kurt needs to know his place!")

He's dismissive of Kurt's status as hero, making it about "what happened to Kurt", not 'What Kurt did', as if Kurt's been handed 'hero' status in everyone's eyes for a 'trivial little thing' that was 'out of Kurt's control, because it happened to him' instead of because Kurt stepped into a dangerous situation to protect someone else, a stranger he had no personal stake in helping (like if it were his Dad or Rachel, or even Blaine).

He's dismissive of Kurt being Kurt, particularly his HS persona, and seems to not really respect or even like Kurt all that much. Not the Kurt who is ..."Kurt". (Which is a huge "duh!" for Kurt fans since S2. That's certainly how long I've been pointing it out.)

And just like I saw in the beginnings of Klaine, especially at Dalton, that Blaine saw Kurt as a threat to his reign as 'top dog' if Kurt was allowed to be "... Kurt", and he both wanted to neutralize that threat by turning Kurt into a 'pip' and bask in the adoration of a groupie!Kurt.... this episode confirmed all of that many times over and that Blaine STILL thinks this way.

Blaine has never loved Kurt. Certainly not the real Kurt. He's only loved the adoration and being worshiped on a pedestal. And I truly think that the only reason Blaine suddenly "Oh there you are" with Kurt was because Kurt was pulling away from the blind adoration, and became a prize for Blaine to regain that worship, to put Kurt back 'into his place'.

And nothing has changed all these years later....  Evil or Very Mad 

tldr; for: Blaine is a narcissistic, controlling, emotionally abusive douchebag...

....and Kurt can do better... MUCH better! Like Adam (HELL YES!),... or Elliot, ... or Sebastian, or Dave (as someone on tumblr pointed out to much ouchy feels: 'Blaine 'fell in love' with Kurt's inferiority and vulnerability, Dave with Kurt's strength and pride in being himself.' OUCH!)... hell, even Stoner Brett would be a better boyfriend than Blaine...

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Posts : 127
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/21/2014, 4:34 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:This episode has really put a different light on the car scene in TFT and the WSS storyline, Blaine auditioning for Tony. And connects all of Klaines storylines right back to Dalton and just proven a lot of anti-klainers what Blaine's mindset and motives have been.

This episode had a lot of continuity. 

If they had Blaine admit in his VO that having sex with Kurt had to do with his role as
Tony, so he could play it better, I think they would have hammered a few more nails in Blaine's coffin.

If Blaine saw Kurt as just Kurt back then as what is now canon that he did, he believed Kurt would never get the role as Tony. But he would.

The car scene, Blaine was horny and Kurt was just convenient.

There's so much awful in that VO it's like an overload of douchebaggery. But one part stood out to me that I haven't really seen discussed, or not this way, and it sort of relates to the "sexual object" part: the line where he mentions HE always saw Kurt as having leading man potential but no one else did.

Yet we have never seen Blaine show Kurt (or anyone else) that he thought this until that VO. (And there HAVE been others who saw Kurt that way, like Adam ("you'd make a fantastic Brick").

So.... is the implication here that Blaine knew Kurt was competition for Blaine's 'Alpha-gay' status and that's why he tried to undermine Kurt from nearly the start of when they met (namely when Kurt transferred to Dalton, the "don't try so hard" speech).

IF Blaine truly believed Kurt had the potential AND was supportive of Kurt, why did he, knowing Kurt needed Tony for his NYADA application, not only audition for WSS with a Tony song, but also NOT fight FOR Kurt getting Tony when Artie offered it to him instead?

We've seen characters (mostly Kurt) fight for others to get a role/opportunity that was about to be rejected. How different could that WSS storyline have gone when Blaine was offered Tony, that he instead said, "I think you all are selling Kurt and his talent short by not giving him a fair chance. There's no way I can reach the notes in 'Maria' that Kurt can, in his sleep. Why? Because he's 'not manly' enough for Tony and I am? I thought you were more open-minded than that. ..."

But we know how it played out instead. And with all the failures and disappointments Kurt has been dealt, that then Blaine has had handed to him whether he asked for them or not, one would think that during at least one of those moments a Blaine who "knew Kurt had leading man potential" AND loved/supported Kurt would have stepped up and said so.

Instead when Kurt steps out into that role, or at least grabbing for it, Blaine tries to pull him down, is dismissive, or 'punishes' him for it, whether it's Kurt's band or gaining confidence at Vogue, or just speaking for himself and/or his interests (Blaine's repeated 'shushing' behavior with Kurt).

So basically, given canon Blaine behaviors (and other comments in the VO as well) vs the statement in that line "I always knew Kurt had leading man potential, but no one else did..." in the VO, is Blaine essentially leaving unsaid "... and that was exactly why I tried to make sure no one ever did." ("I'M the leading-man here! Kurt needs to know his place!")

He's dismissive of Kurt's status as hero, making it about "what happened to Kurt", not 'What Kurt did', as if Kurt's been handed 'hero' status in everyone's eyes for a 'trivial little thing' that was 'out of Kurt's control, because it happened to him' instead of because Kurt stepped into a dangerous situation to protect someone else, a stranger he had no personal stake in helping (like if it were his Dad or Rachel, or even Blaine).

He's dismissive of Kurt being Kurt, particularly his HS persona, and seems to not really respect or even like Kurt all that much. Not the Kurt who is ..."Kurt". (Which is a huge "duh!" for Kurt fans since S2. That's certainly how long I've been pointing it out.)

And just like I saw in the beginnings of Klaine, especially at Dalton, that Blaine saw Kurt as a threat to his reign as 'top dog' if Kurt was allowed to be "... Kurt", and he both wanted to neutralize that threat by turning Kurt into a 'pip' and bask in the adoration of a groupie!Kurt.... this episode confirmed all of that many times over and that Blaine STILL thinks this way.

Blaine has never loved Kurt. Certainly not the real Kurt. He's only loved the adoration and being worshiped on a pedestal. And I truly think that the only reason Blaine suddenly "Oh there you are" with Kurt was because Kurt was pulling away from the blind adoration, and became a prize for Blaine to regain that worship, to put Kurt back 'into his place'.

And nothing has changed all these years later....  Evil or Very Mad 

tldr; for: Blaine is a narcissistic, controlling, emotionally abusive douchebag...

....and Kurt can do better... MUCH better! Like Adam (HELL YES!),... or Elliot, ... or  Sebastian, or Dave (as someone on tumblr pointed out to much ouchy feels: 'Blaine 'fell in love' with Kurt's inferiority and vulnerability, Dave with Kurt's strength and pride in being himself.' OUCH!)... hell, even Stoner Brett would be a better boyfriend than Blaine...

I know different ones point out that Blaine could become physically abusive but the way Kurt handed his arse to him in combat class, beating him and fending him off, I think Kurt would hit back if Blaine hit him, and knock him out, which I have tried to tell others on tumblr by my comments, but my comments keep getting deleted.  dryy 

Kurt is not a victim anymore, I doubt he would let himself become one even if he loved the person.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 4/21/2014, 5:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:
SippyCupofLuv wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:This episode has really put a different light on the car scene in TFT and the WSS storyline, Blaine auditioning for Tony. And connects all of Klaines storylines right back to Dalton and just proven a lot of anti-klainers what Blaine's mindset and motives have been.

This episode had a lot of continuity. 

If they had Blaine admit in his VO that having sex with Kurt had to do with his role as
Tony, so he could play it better, I think they would have hammered a few more nails in Blaine's coffin.

If Blaine saw Kurt as just Kurt back then as what is now canon that he did, he believed Kurt would never get the role as Tony. But he would.

The car scene, Blaine was horny and Kurt was just convenient.

There's so much awful in that VO it's like an overload of douchebaggery. But one part stood out to me that I haven't really seen discussed, or not this way, and it sort of relates to the "sexual object" part: the line where he mentions HE always saw Kurt as having leading man potential but no one else did.

Yet we have never seen Blaine show Kurt (or anyone else) that he thought this until that VO. (And there HAVE been others who saw Kurt that way, like Adam ("you'd make a fantastic Brick").

So.... is the implication here that Blaine knew Kurt was competition for Blaine's 'Alpha-gay' status and that's why he tried to undermine Kurt from nearly the start of when they met (namely when Kurt transferred to Dalton, the "don't try so hard" speech).

IF Blaine truly believed Kurt had the potential AND was supportive of Kurt, why did he, knowing Kurt needed Tony for his NYADA application, not only audition for WSS with a Tony song, but also NOT fight FOR Kurt getting Tony when Artie offered it to him instead?

We've seen characters (mostly Kurt) fight for others to get a role/opportunity that was about to be rejected. How different could that WSS storyline have gone when Blaine was offered Tony, that he instead said, "I think you all are selling Kurt and his talent short by not giving him a fair chance. There's no way I can reach the notes in 'Maria' that Kurt can, in his sleep. Why? Because he's 'not manly' enough for Tony and I am? I thought you were more open-minded than that. ..."

But we know how it played out instead. And with all the failures and disappointments Kurt has been dealt, that then Blaine has had handed to him whether he asked for them or not, one would think that during at least one of those moments a Blaine who "knew Kurt had leading man potential" AND loved/supported Kurt would have stepped up and said so.

Instead when Kurt steps out into that role, or at least grabbing for it, Blaine tries to pull him down, is dismissive, or 'punishes' him for it, whether it's Kurt's band or gaining confidence at Vogue, or just speaking for himself and/or his interests (Blaine's repeated 'shushing' behavior with Kurt).

So basically, given canon Blaine behaviors (and other comments in the VO as well) vs the statement in that line "I always knew Kurt had leading man potential, but no one else did..." in the VO, is Blaine essentially leaving unsaid "... and that was exactly why I tried to make sure no one ever did." ("I'M the leading-man here! Kurt needs to know his place!")

He's dismissive of Kurt's status as hero, making it about "what happened to Kurt", not 'What Kurt did', as if Kurt's been handed 'hero' status in everyone's eyes for a 'trivial little thing' that was 'out of Kurt's control, because it happened to him' instead of because Kurt stepped into a dangerous situation to protect someone else, a stranger he had no personal stake in helping (like if it were his Dad or Rachel, or even Blaine).

He's dismissive of Kurt being Kurt, particularly his HS persona, and seems to not really respect or even like Kurt all that much. Not the Kurt who is ..."Kurt". (Which is a huge "duh!" for Kurt fans since S2. That's certainly how long I've been pointing it out.)

And just like I saw in the beginnings of Klaine, especially at Dalton, that Blaine saw Kurt as a threat to his reign as 'top dog' if Kurt was allowed to be "... Kurt", and he both wanted to neutralize that threat by turning Kurt into a 'pip' and bask in the adoration of a groupie!Kurt.... this episode confirmed all of that many times over and that Blaine STILL thinks this way.

Blaine has never loved Kurt. Certainly not the real Kurt. He's only loved the adoration and being worshiped on a pedestal. And I truly think that the only reason Blaine suddenly "Oh there you are" with Kurt was because Kurt was pulling away from the blind adoration, and became a prize for Blaine to regain that worship, to put Kurt back 'into his place'.

And nothing has changed all these years later....  Evil or Very Mad 

tldr; for: Blaine is a narcissistic, controlling, emotionally abusive douchebag...

....and Kurt can do better... MUCH better! Like Adam (HELL YES!),... or Elliot, ... or  Sebastian, or Dave (as someone on tumblr pointed out to much ouchy feels: 'Blaine 'fell in love' with Kurt's inferiority and vulnerability, Dave with Kurt's strength and pride in being himself.' OUCH!)... hell, even Stoner Brett would be a better boyfriend than Blaine...

I know different ones point out that Blaine could become physically abusive but the way Kurt handed his arse to him in combat class, beating him and fending him off, I think Kurt would hit back if Blaine hit him, and knock him out, which I have tried to tell others on tumblr by my comments, but my comments keep getting deleted.  dryy 

Kurt is not a victim anymore, I doubt he would let himself become one even if he loved the person.

Oh definitely. On both counts.

I do think Blaine's capable/on the road to being physically abusive. He's already shown than several times in the past where he reacts to a verbal confrontation with physical violence, namely when HE's the one who feels insulted even if the other party had been insulting/antagonistic towards someone else (usually Kurt). The Karofsky confrontation in NoN (2x17), the slut-shaming of Sam in HotS (3x08), Elliot in NNY (5x14),

... and now towards Kurt himself in Tested (5x16) although the 'offense' towards Blaine here is that Kurt has the 'audacity' to be strong and confident and look better than Blaine (in all senses of the word).

However, like you say, and Kurt proved in Tested, if Blaine did go that step further, Kurt would hand Blaine his ass, soundly and with much awesomeness and an epic cold Ice Prince glare that could probably be felt all the way in Lima.

I would also hope that would be the last straw to breaking whatever fantasy-delusion Kurt has about Blaine and their 'relationship' that has thusfar blinded him to what a reprehensible douchebag creep Blaine really is and he kick Blaine to the curb once and for all...

... although I hope more that Kurt realizes that before Blaine gets more violent... The "I'm afraid you'll just gets stronger..." should have been the final breaking point, (if not the dozens upon dozens of other moments before then... )

(Kurt, what do you see in that asshole? You can have someone (and had: Adam) a million times better than Blaine could ever want or hope to be! Hell, being single and awesome is NY is better than being with Blaine.) #FreeKurt

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Posts : 127
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ireth on 4/21/2014, 5:55 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
He's dismissive of Kurt's status as hero, making it about "what happened to Kurt", not 'What Kurt did', as if Kurt's been handed 'hero' status in everyone's eyes for a 'trivial little thing' that was 'out of Kurt's control, because it happened to him' instead of because Kurt stepped into a dangerous situation to protect someone else, a stranger he had no personal stake in helping (like if it were his Dad or Rachel, or even Blaine).

I can't believe I missed this detail...That's disgusting of Blaine.

And Blaine's always shown slight violent tendencies and I was horrified to see them directed at Kurt in the episode. We saw Kurt kick Blaine's ass so luckily he wasn't hurt, but Kurt should open up his eyes and dump the asshole who has no problem attacking his own fiance who's recovering from a skull fracture.[/quote]
avatar
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2012-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/21/2014, 8:17 am

I liked the little harem Kurt had there when he was flexing his muscle.  Smile



That guy where Kurt says he will be Spartan and guy said "Yes you will" eyeing him off, gave Blaine such a hateful look when Blaine went up to Kurt.

Kurt would know by now that he could have any guy that wanted him.

Blaine is definitely out of Kurt's league.

You could see the ones in the class didn't like Blaine by the looks on their faces when he was sparring with Kurt.

Kurt seems to treat Blaine like Rachel, that he has to take care of them because they can't take care of themselves.

And why can't we see Kurt with these new friends we have heard about?

We know now he has them, but he is still seen with Blaine, Artie, Sam.

It would be nice to see these other friends, just for one episode would be nice.

I would love a scene with Kurt at a club with these friends, and some girl starts flirting with him.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired on 4/21/2014, 9:13 am

I thought this was interesting.

BTW: re 5.16
Implications of the descriptor ‘spartan’: austere; frugal; disciplined; self-denying; militarised; resolute in the face of danger or adversity; trained to endure privation or hardship; cohesive (of a military unit); lacking in comfort or luxury.
avatar
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8798
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : Australia
Real Name : Liz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 4/21/2014, 11:55 am

If you take that 2nd Blaine's Voice Over and look back at all Blaine's actions in previous seasons then you simply have to see the Klaine relationship in an even worse way than many non-Klainers already thought it was.

That VO did a whole hell lot of damage to Blaine and Klaine, and from what I've been seeing (on tumblr and boards) it changed the opinion of quite a few fans who till now tolerated or were indifferent of Blaine, and even some actual Blaine fans turn their backs to him now.

It's like this was the last straw for many, and I can see absolutely no way Blaine could ever be redeemed again, especially in the Klaine relationship, after the way they made him think about the old "...Kurt"  in 'Tested' in that voice over. It was truly awful.  Mad 

The ironic thing is that the writers of this episode probably did not want to change the way the old canon must be interpreted now and were not aware of the negative effects Blaine's words had in the overal picture of Klaine. I'm sure they were thinking that his VO secret thoughts would stay confined to this episode, even though they deliberately harkened back to season 2 and 3 Kurt themselves (with the Rizzo remark).

Glee is not written to be a solid canonicly continuing show: the episodes are mostly little islands, with only a few token mentions of past actions at most, and even then while conveniently disregarding other past actions just to make the canon somewhat fit the recent storyline. But as every past action influences the present, so does every present action also inevitably influences the interpretations of past actions. Blaine's VO is not something that can be isolated to only 1 episode, not even when he saw the error of his ways at the end of 'Tested' (although imo he didn't really cave nor agree with Kurt's talk of being equals) : it really ruined Blaine's character for the worst. 
And it's unbelievable that the main writers/producers let the episode air that way, without correcting or changing that VO.   Suspect


Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/21/2014, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Kurt addict on 4/21/2014, 12:09 pm

I've just read bear cubs meerkats and hobbits and have come to the conclusion that the writers are scanning fan fiction for ideas! Blaine in that fan fiction screamed what we have been seeing on-screen, a big shout out to the author, I just hope our kurt gets the same resolution that kurt in the story gets

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


[center]
avatar
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Posts : 400
Join date : 2013-08-27
Location : Liverpool England
Real Name : Anna

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie on 4/21/2014, 12:21 pm

Great post girls, I didn't reflect on past events as you did, and how lots of things make sense now.

When I think in the VO, there's one line that I can't believe Blaine said and is "Kurt was...Kurt", I might over-reading this, but the way he said it sounded like he was undermining him, and just after that he mentioned that Kurt used to hang out with the girls. Seriously, how this relationship can be healthy if blaine feels so jealous of his own fiance? At this point I don't know how writers could make blaine looks like that 'prince charming' they tried to portray, because as episode goes he's more needy and whiny than before, and I'm sorry but I think that only will bring more stressful moments than loving ones. I don't want Kurt to be a sort of blaine's dad, I don't want him to be with him only because if they break-up, blaine will have a meltdown.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


I currently obsessed with this
avatar
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2012-02-20
Location : latinamerica
Real Name : Romina

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 4/21/2014, 12:38 pm

If Chris' acting choices are pissing the Klainers off because he portrays Kurt's feeling in a certain way (read: "I'm about to have enough of your shit, Blaine"), and we discard the fact that the director ultimately decides how the actors act a scene and which take to use, then I can also fully hold Darren responsible for making Blaine even worse than the scripts make him by his acting choices.

The way Darren said "...Kurt" made the actual line worse. 

And this is not the first time Darren just can't give Blaine human layers, nor add any subtlety to the lines he has to say.
The way Darren sometimes acts in scenes, and especially his whining and fake crying... it makes Blaine look worse. The way Darren played Blaine being as lovesick for Sam as he was for Kurt... it makes Blaine's idea of eternal love look hypocritical. The way Darren enthusiasticly jumps on top of Chord and in one instance Blake... it makes Blaine an even bigger hypocrite for losing his shit when Kurt gets a kiss on the cheek from Elliot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls on 4/21/2014, 1:07 pm

It really as amazing the way the Blaine stans play blind to just how horrible Blaine is. I saw one of those gleek confession things, and the person actually wrote something like it was Kurt's fault that Blaine felt insecure because Kurt changed himself without checking to see if Blaine was all right with Kurt becoming the alpha gay. I mean, these people seriously think that Kurt needs to be the weaker one always, and it's Kurt's fault if he overtakes Blaine.

There were so many things wrong in what Blaine said in the voiceovers and in the conversation with Kurt at the end. I mean, to actually verbalize that you don't want your partner to get stronger and better. And he basically implied that Kurt is being judgmental when he said that frat boi physicals wouldn't judge him (though Kurt never really judged him--just said that they shouldn't eat all that heavy food--it was Blaine who tried to get Kurt to pass judgment on his weight gain--Kurt shot that down, and said he was still handsome as ever  vomir 

And these Klainers who supposedly love their boys equally don't seem to have any regards to Kurt. They don't care about how it made Kurt feel when Blaine chose looking at an adult website over intimacy with Kurt, and they didn't care about how it made Kurt feel when Blaine told him that he liked it when Kurt was the weaker one that he got to protect, and told him that he didn't want him to get stronger.

It is clear that Blaine can not handle being in a relationship with another guy who is pursing the same career as him. Klaine will always be problematic because Blaine wouldn't be able to handle watching Kurt have success on Broadway when he is struggling. Blaine is not capable of being supportive when he is faltering.

I really hope that this is truly leading up to a permanent breakup for Klaine (I'll hold out hope that Klaine will never get married until they actually film the episode). Kurt is such an important character, and he deserves someone who can truly be his equal partner in life.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13


avatar
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Posts : 6572
Join date : 2012-02-18
Location : Boston, Massachusetts
Real Name : Karen

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas on 4/21/2014, 3:25 pm

The utter reluctance by Blaine fans to see Blaine's negative actions puzzles me too. Either it has to do with the fact that they just don't think too much of what they see and instead just get woobiefied by Blaine/Darren or then they are just hardcore Darren fans that have a difficult time separating the actor from the character.

I mean I suppose it would be healthy for all of us to look at this show without our sinister glasses on, but I think because Chris makes Kurt so real with his acting it's hard to dismiss all the emotion Kurt gets to experience just as a silly TV show. (Damn you Chris!)

I did spend few moments looking through reaction videos of some Klainers with the recent NY episodes, and kudos for some of them still doing these and I hate a little myself for what I'm about to say: all the scenes where most Kurtsies and definately major opinions I have read here have found Blaine's words and actions appaulling, went by on them with little reaction or no reaction at all. And trust me I was searching those few particular scenes we've raged over here since the NY-centric eps. So I guess we truly are watching very different shows.

Scene where Blaine says all these horrible things about Kurt goes by for most of them because Darren, yes specifically Darren here, is stuffing his face with cheese puffs and being "adorably disgusting". Most reactions showed shock and emotions during Blaine's body shame scene, with little regards to what Kurt's message in the scene was and for my biggest aggression both the pornsite and the combat scene where I got most upset seemed to whizz by them.

So for now I choose to believe that for some reason Kurt is not an important character for these hardcore Klainers, which are seriously catered by RIB right now (because people have been very satisfied for the Klaine scenes together after their drought, understandably) and I cannot demand that they'd love Kurt either, for as long as I keep seeing Bland Anderson as the most boring and disgusting character on TV right now and Darren not being so stellar either. Not even slightly interesting because his character would be intentionally being made so disgusting, no.

It just goes always back to the fact that these writers should love enough their own damned jobs that they won't cater to any part of the fandom at all.

And apparently the kissing counter is back on full force...the excitment of anticipating in which scene might have a kliss again or not.
avatar
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Posts : 2113
Join date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Glorfindel on 4/21/2014, 4:49 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Scene where Blaine says all these horrible things about Kurt goes by for most of them because Darren, yes specifically Darren here, is stuffing his face with cheese puffs and being "adorably disgusting". Most reactions showed shock and emotions during Blaine's body shame scene, with little regards to what Kurt's message in the scene was and for my biggest aggression both the pornsite and the combat scene where I got most upset seemed to whizz by them.
They truly have Blarren blinders on, it's quite baffling.  unsure 



And apparently the kissing counter is back on full force...the excitment of anticipating in which scene might have a kliss again or not.
I've noticed that whenever any other pairing on Glee, whether it is a homosexual (Brittana) or heterosexual one (Wemma, Samcedes), Klainers are complaining and bitching about those other ships "taking away screentime from Klaine" and double standards and all. And I've also noticed that all a lot of them really care for are the "klisses" and "their boys" being cute together. They hardly care about the actual conflicts between Kurt and Blaine, and if they do they blame Kurt for at least half of it (but usually more) even when he didn't do anything wrong.

I honestly can't understand how the more sane and smart Klainers (they do excist) can still root for this pair after 'Tested'.  saispa

______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Glorfindel
avatar
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Posts : 8704
Join date : 2012-02-19
Location : the Netherlands
Real Name : Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: 5x16 "Tested" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum