Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Glorfindel on 3/23/2014, 11:00 am

Youtube versions of Chris' songs:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2014, 11:12 am

I am relieved the Cory fans I am seeing making comments like that Chris is singing Cory's lines.  ooppss 

Don't see any comments about Kevin and Matt, just Chris at the moment.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/23/2014, 11:19 am

Having Golden Boy Blaine featured so prominently on Loser Like Me was a real miscue because seriously... when was he ever in this universe a "loser". Or pushed against a locker. I don't mind revisiting some of these songs, but the choice of who sings what at times seemed a bit off.

I loved I Am Changing and for once didn't mind Chris being "overshadowed" by Amber. This song is squarely in her wheelhouse so it makes sense for her to get the flourishes and vocal run, but Chris provided the stability and foundation that grounded the number. They sounded so amazing together and it boggles my mind that this is the first Kurtcedes duet that we've had since season one! And it proves just how flexible Chris's voice is - that he works well with so may genres and sounds good with so many different duet partners. The harmonies were gorgeous here and it's nice to have a duet where you don't have the two singers in the "who can be louder" competition.

Be Okay is just... okay. Nothing really special here and I'm in agreement with Marie that given what's going on between these two characters, it's difficult to hear them signing together. And there have been too many Rachel/Santana duets lately.

Party All the Time was harmless. That's the best I can say about it.

I liked Total Eclipse of the Heart. Matt is too good for this show and what can I say about that goddess, Kristen? It's nice when the adults get to sing together.

As far as Don't Stop Believing goes... this was the best case scenario that I hadn't dared hope for. That Finn's lines would be shared by the best male singers in the group. And for Kurt to get the opening lines in his deep register? I hadn't dared hope for that. And there was a decided lack of Darren lines which is always a plus for me. But I think that it's time for them to permanently retire this song (along with Don't Rain on My Parade).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2014, 11:26 am

Ranwing wrote:Having Golden Boy Blaine featured so prominently on Loser Like Me was a real miscue because seriously... when was he ever in this universe a "loser". Or pushed against a locker. I don't mind revisiting some of these songs, but the choice of who sings what at times seemed a bit off.

I loved I Am Changing and for once didn't mind Chris being "overshadowed" by Amber. This song is squarely in her wheelhouse so it makes sense for her to get the flourishes and vocal run, but Chris provided the stability and foundation that grounded the number. They sounded so amazing together and it boggles my mind that this is the first Kurtcedes duet that we've had since season one! And it proves just how flexible Chris's voice is - that he works well with so may genres and sounds good with so many different duet partners. The harmonies were gorgeous here and it's nice to have a duet where you don't have the two singers in the "who can be louder" competition.

Be Okay is just... okay. Nothing really special here and I'm in agreement with Marie that given what's going on between these two characters, it's difficult to hear them signing together. And there have been too many Rachel/Santana duets lately.

Party All the Time was harmless. That's the best I can say about it.

I liked Total Eclipse of the Heart. Matt is too good for this show and what can I say about that goddess, Kristen? It's nice when the adults get to sing together.

As far as Don't Stop Believing goes... this was the best case scenario that I hadn't dared hope for. That Finn's lines would be shared by the best male singers in the group. And for Kurt to get the opening lines in his deep register? I hadn't dared hope for that. And there was a decided lack of Darren lines which is always a plus for me. But I think that it's time for them to permanently retire this song (along with Don't Rain on My Parade).

Maybe it's foreshadowing that he is about to become a loser.  Twisted Evil

Would love that to happen, but still don't trust the writers to do that.

And I agree about retiring both songs.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt and Cory

Post  Kurt addict on 3/23/2014, 11:39 am

Awe my dash is suddenly full of Cory I think Chris has struck a very deep chord with the few lines in don't stop believing, its a really warm memorial that's been unleashed on tumblr pauly2 :

Last edited by Kurt addict on 3/23/2014, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

[center]
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M on 3/23/2014, 11:45 am

I am ashamed to say that I did not recognize Chris on first run-through of DSB. He sounded so deep? Is that the lowest we have heard him besides "Give up the funk"?

I loved "I am Changing." They sound so good together and I am hoping Amber won;t turn into just another duet partner for Rachel and we may instead get a few more Kurtcedes duets (after we get several Kurt solos of course Wink

ETA: Blaine has never been a loser so I don;t understand why he was singing this. If they are trying to retcon this now and say he was, the audience isn't that stupid and the only ones who will try to accept that is the Blaine stans who always want Blangst. I still have a hard time discerning Darren from Chord. So generic.

Last edited by M&M on 3/23/2014, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2014, 11:48 am

Kurt addict wrote:Awe my dash is suddenly full of Cory I think Chris has struck a very deep chord with the few lines in don't stop believing, its a really warm memorial that's been unleashed on tumblr pauly2 :

I miss Cory's voice.

But hearing Chris sing those lines and not seeing any hate, just ones missing Cory, is so sad but Cory and Chris were like brothers. I like to think he wouldn't have minded Chris singing his part.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/23/2014, 11:59 am

M&M wrote:I am ashamed to say that I did not recognize Chris on first run-through of DSB. He sounded so deep? Is that the lowest we have heard him besides "Give up the funk"?
No, it's not the lowest. Some notes in 'You Are The Sunshine Of My Life' (jeez, I can't believe that was his last solo) are lower.
But Chris is definitely channelling Cory's voice in DSB 4.0, with putting that lower timbre in his own voice. I don't even think he did that deliberately, but it's beautiful and I really appreciate it.  wub 

I loved "I am Changing." They sound so good together and I am hoping Amber won;t turn into just another duet partner for Rachel and we may instead get a few more Kurtcedes duets (after we get several Kurt solos of course Wink
Here's hoping: they sound amazing together.  wub
Though I wish they would let them sing a song that is more in Chris' wheelhouse and less in Amber's next.

ETA: Blaine has never been a loser so I don;t understand why he was singing this. If they are trying to retcon this now and say he was, the audience isn't that stupid and the only ones who will try to accept that is the Blaine stans who always want Blangst. I still have a hard time discerning Darren from Chord. So generic.
I'm conflicted about 'Loser Like Me'. I like the harmonies and the overal singing in this new version (and yes: that includes Darren), but the words really don't fit a slowed down song nor Blaine (although it fits for Artie, Tina and Sam).

And I feel like they are just trying to recreate the recent successes of other slowed down covers Glee has done.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 3/23/2014, 12:53 pm

I Am Changing is phenomenal! Knowing that song is completely in Amber's wheelhouse, I wondered (and sort of feared) how they would sound together, and how it would be distributed between both singers. In the end it was perfect!! Chris and Amber sound so great, together and in their solo parts. I love that Chris opens the song. And Chris more than keeps up with Amber when they sing in unison. Impressed!

Don't Stop Believing. Lea and Chris opening the song  thumb up 

On first listen Chris' part did throw me a bit, especially coming after Lea. But after a few listens it works.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 3/23/2014, 2:34 pm

I'm so happy they let Rachel and Kurt open the number. Hopefully it'll be in the episode as well, a true Hummelberry intro since these two are the characters that desperately still need this Finn closure. They must at some point let these two voice out closure of some sort.

I Am Changing is a Mercedes song, but at least Kurt gets to sing and it sounds good. And this is a duet dispite the other singer being featured more. I don't think it's hipocritical to say that.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/23/2014, 2:57 pm

haha, chris singing in more than 1 songs w/o the noobs taken away the quota. no solos but at least he has solo lines. it's wonderful!

p.s. did he have more than 1 line in DSB? i can't hear him after that first line which is very unexpected both in terms of him singing fin's verse and singing so deep. his voice is so much more mature and smoother now than "pink house".
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/23/2014, 3:18 pm

I dare anyone to say that Chris can't sing a proper male tenor part after hearing him on DSB.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/23/2014, 4:39 pm

Listening to DSB and I'm already feeling emotional :(...

blinkk Is that Chris in the first line? I know he had sung in his tenor voice before, but that he sound deeper now? Don't give me wrong, I like it, but is still surprising.

As regards I Am Changing, I'm not in love with the song but I think Chris and Amber sound great together.  wub 

The other one I was expecting to listen to is Just Give me a Reason, as I love the original one and I kinda feel disappointed, for me Mark was fine, but Dianna lacks of energy. The original one has so much emotion.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 3/23/2014, 6:32 pm

brisallie wrote:Listening to DSB and I'm already feeling emotional :(...

I just feel they've done this song too many times. I wonder if they bought it with unlimited user rights and is now just free to use for them for eternity? :D

brisallie wrote: blinkk Is that Chris in the first line? I know he had sung in his tenor voice before, but that he sound deeper now? Don't give me wrong, I like it, but is still surprising.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/23/2014, 6:46 pm

fantastica wrote:p.s. did he have more than 1 line in DSB? i can't hear him after that first line which is very unexpected both in terms of him singing fin's verse and singing so deep. his voice is so much more mature and smoother now than "pink house".
o, that first line was all he had.
I wish he had been allowed to sing some of the harmonies Darren is singing now, e.g. the ones with Matt.
I would kill for a Matt+Chris duet.  :( 

Ranwing wrote:I dare anyone to say that Chris can't sing a proper male tenor part after hearing him on DSB.
Ha, indeed!
It was already very clear after hearing him sing 'Being Alive', but there's no convincing the haters anyway, so.....

His voice is so versatile.  wub

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/23/2014, 7:31 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
brisallie wrote:Listening to DSB and I'm already feeling emotional :(...

I just feel they've done this song too many times. I wonder if they bought it with unlimited user rights and is now just free to use for them for eternity? :D

I think I'm just in an emotional state today haha. My favorite DBS version is the one from Regionals  wub. Gosh, I wonder if we will have a fifth version of DBS at the final season? Will still make people feel teary, nostalgic? Some are already tired of this song.

@Marie, how low is the note Chris sang in DBS? Is not a good memory and comparison, but it brought to my mind that time he lowered his voice to play Romeo.

Last edited by brisallie on 3/23/2014, 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/23/2014, 7:33 pm

thanks Marie. well one line is better than none.

fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/23/2014, 7:38 pm

fantastica wrote:thanks Marie. well one line is better than none.

Agree. Though I wanted more, I'm greedy. Its only me or Amber didn't have lines, or sang so much in DBS?

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/23/2014, 8:09 pm

brisallie wrote:@Marie, how low is the note Chris sang in DBS? Is not a good memory and comparison, but it brought to my mind that time he lowered his voice to play Romeo.
The lowest note for Chris in DSB is a G3.

To compare:
- His lowest note in 'Being Alive' is a F3, so 2 semitones lower.
- His lowest note in 'You Are The Sunshine of my Life' was a D#3, so that's 4 semitones lower.
- In 'Give Up The Funk' he sang as low as an A2, wich is almost an octave lower than DSB!

brisallie wrote:Agree. Though I wanted more, I'm greedy. Its only me or Amber didn't have lines, or sang so much in DBS?
Amber didn't sing at all in DSB.  :angry:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 3/23/2014, 8:20 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Marie, how low is the note Chris sang in DBS? Is not a good memory and comparison, but it brought to my mind that time he lowered his voice to play Romeo.
The lowest note for Chris in DSB is a G3.

To compare:
- His lowest note in 'Being Alive' is a F3, so 2 semitones lower.
- His lowest note in 'You Are The Sunshine of my Life' was a D#3, so that's 4 semitones lower.
- In 'Give Up The Funk' he sang as low as an A2, wich is almost an octave lower than DSB!

brisallie wrote:Agree. Though I wanted more, I'm greedy. Its only me or Amber didn't have lines, or sang so much in DBS?
Amber didn't sing at all in DSB.  :angry:

Thanks. And wait, so he still sings higher in DBS? If I compare it with Being Alive and YATSOL, it sounded to me like he was singing deeper. Or probably the style in which he sang the lines is different.

Let me take a breath...how is possible Amber was left out?  dryy

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/23/2014, 8:38 pm

^ he appears to sing lower than any other songs because he sang the whole line in lower notes. in other songs the lowest notes didn't last long. it's like a quick dip and went back up for the most part of the songs, so perception-wise, he sings 'lower' in DSB.  neutre  marie can correct me any time.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/23/2014, 8:46 pm

^No need to correct you, because you are absolutely right.  fanny2 
Plus I think Chris made his DSB lines sound a lot like Cory, whether deliberate or subconscious.

brisallie wrote:Let me take a breath...how is possible Amber was left out?  dryy
I have no idea. Its stupid, especially as she is with the other original 5 and Mr. Shue in the spoilervideo we saw.
My guess is that the ending of DSB changed: it's different from the earlier (group) versions.

I'll try to find a better answer for this when I review the song, but right now I don't really get it either.  saispa

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/23/2014, 11:42 pm

Man the Noobs are being kicked out the door hogtied and blindfolded.   I don't want them on the show anymore but this is particularly cold and heartless way to get rid of them.

That has to be FOX's doing and not Ryan Murphy because it's almost jarring how much they've been gagged.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/24/2014, 2:27 pm

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M on 3/24/2014, 2:33 pm

Buenos wrote:

Now she sou ds too excited for filming. I think someone got to her after her comments at the 100th episode. That said, this may all be for Funny Girl filming.
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top