Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

+12
Ranwing
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Georgette888
Buenos
bayth
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

Post  brisallie 3/3/2014, 9:19 am

Loving all the pictures of Chris, but I don't deny I was kinda worried that Will wasn't in none of them as some people could start to speculate and do some fuss.

As regards John Travolta mistake, how did he confused Idina Menzel with "Adele Dazeem"? Got it, he's dyslexic, but I'm with tanita, and he should have rehearsed before, at least you tell me he was nervous, which I don't believe. Poor Idina, by one side this happened, and by other, some are claiming she messed up the last note.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

Post  ColferInspired 3/3/2014, 9:20 am

tanita_mors wrote:oh please, that is what rehearsal are for. and it's not like idina is some newcomer, she is a broadway legend. you would think that a man who knows his musicals wound know that. also, all those dyslexic stories poped up today or last night. so i'm not sure how true they are and even if they are he can thank his holly alien church for a massive embarrassment.

I agree completely.

I think he is just idiot.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/3/2014, 9:30 am

menzel has always been hit or miss with live performances. she butchered her voice with wicked and it never recovered fully.

but i heard that the orchestra was going too fast and she had to compensate for that. plus you can bet she was pissed off her name was mispronounced.

so when you add up all that, you can hardly expect a flawless performance.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/3/2014, 10:14 am

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1v1zpDCf91qayexuo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2014, 10:41 am

tanita_mors wrote:menzel has always been hit or miss with live performances. she butchered her voice with wicked and it never recovered fully.

but i heard that the orchestra was going too fast and she had to compensate for that. plus you can bet she was pissed off her name was mispronounced.

I also thought Idina looked very nervous in the beginning of the song, though she seemed to get her groove may 40 or 60 seconds into the song. I've seen her onstage many times over the years (in Rent, the Wild Party, and Wicket), and I have never seen a hint of nervousness in her. I don't know if it was the name screw up, or just performing at one of the biggest events of the year (which is a lot bigger than performing at the Tonys), or as Tanita said perhaps the orchestra rushing it.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/3/2014, 10:43 am

OK, is it just me, or does Chris look kind of uncomfortable in the picture with Elton John?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/3/2014, 11:04 am

yeah, kind of has a fake smile. maybe elton grabbed his ass.  phr34r 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/3/2014, 11:19 am

Hey, if I were around Chris, I'd want to grab his ass too!

He looks like he had such an awful time last night...

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_lhx8vhkwX11qe476yo1_500
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2014, 11:41 am

^That picture is from a few years, back, though, 2010 if I'm correct (-ETA- it was 2011), when Chris was a guest at Elton's own table?

I don't think he looks uncomfortable in his pics with Elton this year. But who knows? It could just be his studied (closed mouth) 'camera smile' kicking in.

Jellyrolls wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:menzel has always been hit or miss with live performances. she butchered her voice with wicked and it never recovered fully.

I also thought Idina looked very nervous in the beginning of the song, though she seemed to get her groove may 40 or 60 seconds into the song.  I've seen her onstage many times over the years (in Rent, the Wild Party, and Wicket), and I have never seen a hint of nervousness in her.  I don't know if it was the name screw up, or just performing at one of the biggest events of the year (which is a lot bigger than performing at the Tonys), or as Tanita said perhaps the orchestra rushing it.  
Idina was really nervous at the Oscars. Thank God she managed the power notes on experience and muscle memory. That last note though, ouch.  unsure 
But performing in character in a musical in a theatre with a couple of hundred people is completely different from performing 'as yourself' at the Oscars in front of Hollywood's finest, and with the knowledge of millions of people watching at home, so I don't blame her for being nervous. luckily She powered through.

And since I'm on the subject: Bette Midler is a goddess.  wub

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/3/2014, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/3/2014, 11:50 am

Glorfindel wrote:And since I'm on the subject: Bette Midler is a goddess.  wub

She most definately is!

While we're at all, I spent a good chunk of last night playing fashion critic. I love Liza and she's certainly an amazing icon. But geez... someone should have told her to wear a bra. Because once you reach a certain age, gravity is not your friend and boobs always look better when they're not pointing at the ground.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2014, 12:55 pm

Sorry but memorizing lines is John Travolta's job; and not knowing the name of the person you are introducing is inexcusable. Appallingly unprofessional as far as his preparation for his presenter stint. Once again it's his vocation to learn lines.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/3/2014, 6:10 pm

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vngs84Z01qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer’s table at The 22nd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation’s Oscar Viewing Party [UHQ]
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/3/2014, 6:19 pm

I knew it Blarren stans are upset that Chris didn't ask Darren to the event.  Razz

It's his table he can invite whoever he wants.

I think Chris said he didn't want pictures taken of his table, so the pic I just posted is probably all we get.

Chris has already did give them enough pics, so if no pics of Chill pops I will be grateful to the media to allow Chris this privacy with his boyfriend and close friends.  neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/3/2014, 6:23 pm

Well there are these also:

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vnxv3SHF1toz2e9o1_250

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vnxv3SHF1toz2e9o2_250

cropped from these photos of Elton with Eric McCormack:

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vmcrS1XH1r8m3gro1_1280

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vmcrS1XH1r8m3gro2_1280
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/3/2014, 6:26 pm

Chris (and Will?) speeding by in the background of freaking Jane Fonda!

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vp1mFtxp1qe476yo1_500
x

What must it be like to go to a party and see famous people all around you? I mean: you could step out of the bathroom stall and be face to face with someone you paid money for to see in the cinema multiple times, and they just wash his/her hands in the sink next to yours.
That must be weird, right?  blinkk
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/3/2014, 9:52 pm

Clearer Chill photo posted on tumblr:

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vz8gR3oL1s3c3bmo1_400
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/3/2014, 9:54 pm

is that will? more facial hair?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/3/2014, 11:26 pm

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1w12oxdcL1r4ezfzo1_1280

I'm dying, Groff and friends are eating from In and Out burgers at this event (the cup gives it away) it's such a Cali thing to do.... Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/3/2014, 11:49 pm

Hopefully, Gordon Ramsay doesn't see that picture.  Razz 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 3:19 am

bayth wrote:Clearer Chill photo posted on tumblr:

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 3 Tumblr_n1vz8gR3oL1s3c3bmo1_400

I think Will looks good with facial hair.

I would recognise those eyes anywhere.  wub

ChrisFans CSI strikes again.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 3:21 am

I was at work today and only had my phone to view tumblr and someone said the CrissColfer was entertaining at that moment.

Now I know why.  ptdr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/4/2014, 12:12 pm

"Adele Dazeem"? I cringed so hard when he butchered her name like that. Even Ellen pronounced it wrong...she said it like "eye-dina". It's "id-ina" with "id" as in "lid" without the L. Beautiful name.

I had to leave the room when Bette Midler came on to do the memorial tribute. First of all, Shirley Temple recently died and I love her. Secondly, "Wind Beneath My Wings" is a song that has never failed to make me cry ever since I saw the movie Beaches when I was seven. crycry 

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2014, 2:42 pm

i finally listened to idina at the oscars. that was  No 
first, travolta, then it was so clear that the orchestra was rushing and she was desperately tiring to keep up with the wrong speed and boy was she nervous. but that big note was painful  crycry , i mean her voice just broke. ether way, doesn't make me love her less and her song won fair and squire.

but here is a fixup version where she sounds great  neutre 

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 2:50 pm

Idina is a true goddess. I think the Oscars was the perfect storm of everything going wrong.
Having said that, Travolta bungling her name gave her tons more focus.   Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/4/2014, 3:22 pm

totally. he made sure that nobody EVER again forgets who Idina Menzel is.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next