Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

+32
TimF
Sebastian Smythe
Lottie2303
sjonnepon
M&M
Ireth
Delight
Ranwing
SippyCupofLuv
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
bayth
Kurt addict
angelnessa
tanita_mors
sheny
JamieRulz
coxfire
opals
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Porcelain
ColferInspired
Georgette888
Buenos
brisallie
Glorfindel
YaoiChick
ChrisColfersLightning
MoviesAreLife
Jellyrolls
fantastica
36 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  Glorfindel 6/14/2014, 7:42 pm

bayth wrote:Rolling Eyes 

NBC doing an 'event' of  The Beatles

This was in the comment section:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 The_be10
Lol.  Smile

Actually, Kevin could be a very good George Harrison, if he can handle the accent.  neutre
They kinda look alike:

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwW-4A24EKCeZw9pGrvzN7s9fKKzSDU34yVTHeSi0xcuagloyy  Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0QvM6yUdBWLhwHs9Ics6BfLIXRwlpGPXqzJzM4ZS2ZPCJiBwX
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11

Post  bayth 6/19/2014, 10:54 am

Ranwing wrote:Where I see the disappointment is coming from the Darren fans. There was some initial glee when they learned he had a new project, but that has faded (as far as I can see on Tumblr) that it's not a part that will allow them to watch him perform and that he (most likely) will not be singing. It's also not the primary lead. To put it a bit more bluntly, it's not a prestige project (like Chris's movie is). It's not even a major animation feature like RoboDog (or something by Pixar or Dreamworks for theatrical release). It's a reboot of an 80s tv cartoon. So I can understand them being a bit disappointed that while Lea's got her album released and Chris has a major film, this is the first real post-Glee project that we're hearing about for Darren. They don't see big film roles being offered (at least for now) and his album might never see the light of day. This isn't what they want to see for him.

As Buenos keeps pointing out, it's really early in the game to write off Darren having a major post-Glee career. There may be offers that come in after the show ends or things in the works that we don't know about now. I think that the problem for Darren is that while he's got a very loyal fanbase, it's not nearly as big or willing to open their wallets as previously believed (otherwise GML wouldn't have been such a total commercial embarrassment and his Glee singles would sell a lot better). He hasn't really gotten any critical note for his acting on Glee. There's not going to be instant superstardom for him after Glee ends so while he can end up being quite successful and working steadily, it's not going to be as immediate or certain as his fans had anticipated.

And being that I'm a complete bitch, I'm savoring their disappointment. Expect them to get especially obnoxious now.

Twisted Evil I don't follow his tag on tumblr, but if his fans are disappointed about his future plans - they are reaping what they have sown. When you have an obnoxious fanbase added to an obnoxious actor - word gets around behind the scenes. Who wants to deal with that? He may get some minor things, but I doubt he'll have a very lucrative career.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/19/2014, 3:05 pm

Have to laugh when asslickers and certain fans of Glee lament the "haters" who are not happy with how Glee has evolved to the the point it's at now.

Ironically they have NO problem "hating" the first couple of season of Glee (two hints as to why some aren't that enthusiastic about season one; no Sam nor Blaine)

It's funny how now some of those same fans  think Season one was sooo "overrated" and doesn't looks as good now , well fuck, nothing looks the same through the prism of time.  When something creates buzz/zeitgeist  at that particular point of time, it's irrelevant if later others don't "get" it.  The point is it was a phenomenon when it started.   It was very big and had a lot of water cooler cred , critical acclaim, tons of Emmy nominations and huge ratings.  Plus it was unprecedented how it created two sold out musical tours and ITUNES sales, etc. It did touch  kids who thought they were underdogs and not represented on TV.

Years later others may think , for example,  that "Game of Thrones" or "Orphan Black"  was overrated, overhyped but that's neither here nor there. (and NO, LOL, I'm not saying that now Glee is comparable to those shows, but rather the first year when it first came on)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/19/2014, 7:59 pm

the big difference in season one is the writing. the show was fresh and so was the writing. it was a new and exciting concept and any imperfections were overlooked for the sheer quality of the experience. when people got over that, the show came out rather shallow without any real depth. all it had was the cast.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/19/2014, 8:09 pm

^ not even the cast can save the show after some time. it became a torture to go through the motions. only die hard fans remain.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/20/2014, 2:21 am

fantastica wrote:^ not even the cast can save the show after some time. it became a torture to go through the motions. only die hard fans remain.

I totally agree .
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/24/2014, 7:37 am

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Tumblr_n7ng0z3VCw1r4ezfzo1_500

Who wants to bet with me that the @GLEEonFOX cast mentioned in this tweet will consist of Adam's big straight ally boner boy Darren Criss front and center, singing a solo of course, and maybe some leftover just-washed-in-after-the-holidays token secondary cast members (noobs, Chord, Harry, Jenna because she's that desperate, maybe they'll haul out Jane Lynch for some extra PR buzz too) swaying in the background behind him?  dryy 

Lea won't be there, as she's to appear in Italy at a film festival on the 20th. Chris has a book signing at the Grove in L.A. at 2pm on that day (same bookstore where he met Hillary Clinton last week), so I doubt he'll be at the gala either.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/24/2014, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/24/2014, 9:32 am

Oh, we know that Shankman is going to trot out the object of his erections. When has he ever failed to feature Darren promeniently in any charity gala that he's directed? It's not even a question.

And here's where I get to be really nasty - it's not as if Darren has anything better to do with this time. He's supposedly still working on his album, but that's been going on since the last ice age and the label isn't exactly rushing to get his "masterpiece" to market. He doesn't have any films or major projects to support. But man, can he attend a gala! Show him a red carpet and he's there! He's becoming the Glee equivilent of a Kardashian. He's got nothing else going for him, so his PR team will send him to events in order to try to keep him relevent. Meanwhile... the Glee expiration clock (along with Darren's 15 minutes of fame) are ticking away....

I would love for Shankman to have deigned to offer Chris a small place in the festivities (maybe holding the curtain for Darren) and get a "LOL, sorry but too busy!" as Chris runs out the door.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/24/2014, 1:11 pm

You can bet that Amber and Jenna will be there--Adam Shankman is directing the production of Hair at the Hollywood Bowl that they are in. I'm still shocked that they haven't announced Darren as part of that production (they already cast Hunter Parrish as Claude, so thankfully, Darren won't have the opportunity to destroy "I've Got Life"). They haven't announced who will be Berger yet, though.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/24/2014, 1:22 pm

If they cast Darren I will absolutely rage because he would totally butcher "Donna".
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/24/2014, 5:17 pm

Ugh, Darren as Berger. Don't even think about it and put it out there. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Mad-no-smiley-emoticon
Berger is my favorite character from that musical.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2014, 12:05 am

^ are you guys just guessing or is it confirmed?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/25/2014, 1:01 am

Jellyrolls wrote:You can bet that Amber and Jenna will be there--Adam Shankman is directing the production of Hair at the Hollywood Bowl that they are in.  I'm still shocked that they haven't announced Darren as part of that production (they already cast Hunter Parrish as Claude, so thankfully, Darren won't have the opportunity to destroy "I've Got Life").  They haven't announced who will be Berger yet, though.

I thought the character of Berger sang "I Got Life".  The only version of 'Hair' that I know is the movie version with Treat Williams as Berger.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 11 - Page 38 Image4_1183509827

and his version of 'I Got Life':

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/25/2014, 5:24 am

In the stage musical, Claude singes "I Got Life" - Claude is actually the primary lead of the show and sings the most solos and leads. The movie really changed things a lot.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/25/2014, 5:33 am

bayth wrote:I thought the character of Berger sang "I Got Life".  The only version of 'Hair' that I know is the movie version with Treat Williams as Berger.
They changed it for the movie. In the stage musical 'I Got Life' is sung by Claude.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2014, 5:47 am

fantastica wrote:^ are you guys just guessing or is it confirmed?

They have not announced who is Berger yet.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/25/2014, 8:49 pm

Need to vent this here, I know I just mentioned in Chris Colfer Tweet the comparisons between Darren and Chris should stop, but the evil side of me like darren stans are worried he has any other project but his delay album. But still I wonder, minimizing what Chris has done, will help Darren to get a role in a movie? a record deal?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/25/2014, 10:07 pm

It doesn't help Darren at all. But to his most rabid fans who insist that he's the most talented, most special person in the universe and no one else in the cast (least of all Chris) can be more successful than Darren, belittling the accomplishments of others is to soothe their egos. Because of others aren't doing amazingly well, then Darren isn't that badly off. So they pick on Lea's album (that she didn't write all of the songs, unlike "artist" Darren and it's not selling so great anyway) or Chris (his outside acting jobs/books/screenplays/awards/etc) so that for them, Darren isn't falling behind.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/25/2014, 10:41 pm

It pisses me off how much Naya Rivera was sidelined on Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/27/2014, 3:05 pm

Asshole fanatical stans/fans aside, (and their insane comparisons, delusions, etc, )  I really have no problem with any of the Glee actors not doing much this summer hiatus.

Not to be a hypocrite about it, I would  have been perfectly fine if Chris had just rested and recharged his batteries this summer before this last go around of Glee.  (not that I'm complaining with what's transpired, that boy is busy, busy, busy)

All of them will have plenty of time to work on other projects once Glee is done and over with once and for all.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/27/2014, 3:12 pm

If they are no doing something because they are choosing to take a break, that's one thing. It's another if they're not doing something because they weren't offered any projects over the summer. Which is the case, I believe, with Darren and Chord.

I am rather curious to find out what happened to the plans for Rachel to tour and support her album over the summer. They did talk about an international tour, but I get the feeling that those plans have fallen though.

As for Chris... I'm hoping that after his book tour that he does take a few weeks to relax before he flies out to England to start filming. I have a feeling that once we get into mid-August, he's not going to have any down time at all until late fall (when I assume Glee will finish filming).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/27/2014, 3:21 pm

Ranwing wrote:If they are no doing something because they are choosing to take a break, that's one thing. It's another if they're not doing something because they weren't offered any projects over the summer. Which is the case, I believe, with Darren and Chord.

Well we don't know that.  I do think that if you have the expectation, at least when the hiatus began, of filming 22-24 episodes of the next season of Glee, and Ryan Murphy and Lea both voiced that in interviews, that I could certainly see taking a break because you were expecting  to be beyond busy in the fall. 

However I don't fault that on the actors.  NO biggie, but I don't think any of us know what they are actually offered, what they turned down because it didn't fit in with their plans, timing, vacation, etc, etc.

I am rather curious to find out what happened to the
plans for Rachel to tour and support her album over the summer. They did talk about an international tour, but I get the feeling that

MY speculation is that they realized (Lea's camp)  there wasn't a a lot of time for a full tour if Lea also wanted time off for her Cabo jaunts. coool    OF course my speculation is worth the money they paid me for it.

As for Chris... I'm hoping that after his book tour that he does take a few weeks to relax before he flies out to England to
start filming. I have a feeling that once we get into mid-August, he's not going to have any down time at all until late fall (when I assume Glee will finish filming).

Considering we still don't have an official "starting" time for both Glee and the Noel Coward Movie this summer, I'm beginning to suspect that Chris  requested several months off to do the movie, so that it's going to be difficult to write him in on Glee because of the uncertainty of scheduling. 
( I'm guessing that when RIB thought they were getting a full season order they had the luxury of accommodating Chris 's request.) 

We still don't have an official confirmation how many Gee episodes are ordered, though I do know that Matt Morrison said 13, thought of course Ryan earlier in the spring had said 24.

Last edited by Buenos on 6/27/2014, 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : u)
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 6/27/2014, 4:53 pm

Chord has had minimal offers outside of Glee since he joined the cast. I know that he's played a few small club venues and done a photo shoot or two, but that's been about it. He quit when he wasn't offered regular status and part of the reason it was surmised that he returned to the show was because he wasn't able to find any comparable work. Truth be told, Chord just isn't going to be that big a draw.

As for Darren, I'm sincerely surprised that he doesn't have something lined up for the summer, even if only playing a few club dates. I may not like him, but he is so easily marketed that him not doing something is certainly interesting.

As if said, if they are not working because they are choosing to take a break, that's great. But if they're at loose ends when they want to work... well, I'd be worried about post-Glee prospects if I were them at this point.

I didn't think it was realistic for Lea's people (and Lea herself) to be talking about a multi-nation tour given that she was only expecting a few months off from the show and there was no way they were going to allow her any real time off from Glee (the way Chris negotiated). Still, one of two things happened. Either the label and her team decided to hold off on any major album promotion until after she completes her commitment to Glee (which is realistically sacrificing the best time to promote her album), or they were looking at the numbers and didn't see sales warranting a major tour (at least on her own - I can see her as an opening act for a larger, more established performer). We won't know until after she's done with Glee to see if they renew the idea of her going on tour.

I'm betting anything that RM is kicking himself right now for agreeing to let Chris have this time off at this point. Because despite his insistence on trying to make Darren and Chord happen, he knows that Kurt is one of the last sure things this show has left (the other being Lea). Having Chris miss multiple episodes is really going to be problematic because they are losing a big selling point and one of the few people that can really be used for PR. But it's a done deal. Chris got his permission, committed to Noel and will be away for a significant length of time now. It's not something that the show can undo because his opportunity proves inconvenient. How much he's going to miss will hinge on when they expect to start production. My guess is that if they will be starting production shortly before Chris leaves for London, they'll rush some shooting with Chris before he leaves. Given that I don't expect Kurt to have any kind of independent storyline this season, it won't be that big a deal and he'll just breeze back into being Blaine's cheerleader after he finishes whatever thing they use to explain his absence.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 6/27/2014, 5:20 pm

Ranwing wrote:Chord has had minimal offers outside of Glee since he joined the cast. I know that he's played a few small club venues and done a photo shoot or two, but that's been about it. He quit when he wasn't offered regular status and part of the reason it was surmised that he returned to the show was because he wasn't able to find any comparable work. Truth be told, Chord just isn't going to be that big a draw.

As for Darren, I'm sincerely surprised that he doesn't have something lined up for the summer, even if only playing a few club dates. I may not like him, but he is so easily marketed that him not doing something is certainly interesting.

As if said, if they are not working because they are choosing to take a break, that's great. But if they're at loose ends when they want to work... well, I'd be worried about post-Glee prospects if I were them at this point.

I didn't think it was realistic for Lea's people (and Lea herself) to be talking about a multi-nation tour given that she was only expecting a few months off from the show and there was no way they were going to allow her any real time off from Glee (the way Chris negotiated). Still, one of two things happened. Either the label and her team decided to hold off on any major album promotion until after she completes her commitment to Glee (which is realistically sacrificing the best time to promote her album), or they were looking at the numbers and didn't see sales warranting a major tour (at least on her own - I can see her as an opening act for a larger, more established performer). We won't know until after she's done with Glee to see if they renew the idea of her going on tour.

I'm betting anything that RM is kicking himself right now for agreeing to let Chris have this time off at this point. Because despite his insistence on trying to make Darren and Chord happen, he knows that Kurt is one of the last sure things this show has left (the other being Lea). Having Chris miss multiple episodes is really going to be problematic because they are losing a big selling point and one of the few people that can really be used for PR. But it's a done deal. Chris got his permission, committed to Noel and will be away for a significant length of time now. It's not something that the show can undo because his opportunity proves inconvenient. How much he's going to miss will hinge on when they expect to start production. My guess is that if they will be starting production shortly before Chris leaves for London, they'll rush some shooting with Chris before he leaves. Given that I don't expect Kurt to have any kind of independent storyline this season, it won't be that big a deal and he'll just breeze back into being Blaine's cheerleader after he finishes whatever thing they use to explain his absence.

Great post,I agree. Anyway it does not matter,I don't plan on watching season 6,I do not want to see Kurt give up his dreams to become Blaine's and possible Rachel's cheerleader, or even worse,in my opinion become a househusband to Blaine.If I am proven wrong,and Kurt does have independent storyline/s and is not just a cheerleader to Blaine and or Rachel,and does not just be a househusband to Blaine,I might watch. I kind of doubt it though.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/27/2014, 7:36 pm

Listen if Kurt is not getting any independen SL's the least they can do to explain his absence is to say he's doing a musical in the West End in London.

Glee could even say that Kurt's career exploding is why they (Klaine) delayed their wedding plans.

I would buy that.  coool 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next