New Glee promo for 5x10: “Trio”

It's just Pezberry and Adam.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 21

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 6:34 pm

I do think that Chris and Demi do sing their verses in a similar style, versus Adam who sings it slightly different I agree but it works for me. Adam seems to be a good duet/trio type of singer who can blend in despite his distinct signature style.

It's actually got a stripped down arrangement, almost jazzy, brazzy sound which I really like. Demi sounds wonderful with Chris.  wub 

Most of the songs are fine with this week, and Naya on "Gloria", yes!!  wub 
Naya may not have the most powerful voice on Glee, but really like it. Just wish they would utilize her more. This songs shows that even though Lea has strong pipes, it's the song that can highlight someone's voice better than others. Gloria is better for Naya than Lea IMO.

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning on 3/2/2014, 7:01 pm

Buenos wrote:I do think that Chris and Demi do sing their verses in a similar style, versus Adam who sings it slightly different I agree but it works for me.  Adam seems to be a good duet/trio type of singer who can blend in despite his distinct signature style.

It's actually got a stripped down arrangement, almost jazzy, brazzy sound which I really like.  Demi sounds wonderful with Chris.   wub 

Most of the songs are fine with this week, and Naya on "Gloria", yes!!   wub 
Naya may not have the most powerful voice on Glee, but really like it.  Just wish they would utilize her more.   This songs shows that even though Lea has strong pipes, it's the song that can highlight someone's voice better than others.  Gloria is better for Naya than Lea IMO.

Agree so much! I am obsessed with The Happening, I need the stripped down version  blushh 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/2/2014, 7:03 pm

can i get a working link for Gloria. it's the only song i haven't heard, besides the wemma duet.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/2/2014, 7:08 pm

^Is youtube okay as well?

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 7:12 pm

Glorfindel, what I love is we get Chris on "I believe in thing called love" back to back with "The happening". His versatility is so underrated that it's nice to see the show put him in different genres. In couple weeks he gets his Broadway ballads and then we get an almost indie number of "Rock Star" for Episode 5.14.  wub wub 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/2/2014, 7:17 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Is youtube okay as well?

yes, thanks  bisou . i apparently left part of my brain somewhere, because i completely forgot that you CAN actually find glee songs on youtube.

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 3/2/2014, 7:19 pm

I am really looking forward to Rockstar. I think the lead voice on the original has a voice that sounds a bit like Chris at times.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/2/2014, 7:21 pm

i like gloria as well. another fairly good week of music. i don't hate any of them. progress.  thumnup 

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 7:22 pm

Georgette888 wrote:I am really looking forward to Rockstar. I think the lead voice on the original has a voice that sounds a bit like Chris at times.

It's a "quieter" number for Starkurt than IBIATCL so I"m curious how they work with it.  What I wouldn't give for Kurt to sing "It's a mad world" by the same Adam Lambert.  I"m surprised they didn't have Adam sing it since Charice back in S2 got to sing her signature cover of "All by myself".
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors on 3/2/2014, 7:26 pm

marie, buenos, Georgette888 - am i the only one who can't get on "glee friends" forum. i keep geting some weird message that " i have reached a domain that was pending verification".

tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 3/2/2014, 7:31 pm

^I just tried, and I got in, but the past few days the forum has had some technical problems and has been off line a lot (Hc made a post about it), so maybe that's why?
Try again later?
And if it's not working later for you, just let me know and I'll contact Hc.

I forget to comment on the Stage Combat spoiler:
To me it sounds like it's indeed about Kurt, with the "show me your guns" and "puberty hit me late" thing.
So YAY!!!  hola 

Also: more shirtless Colfer, which is a big plus in my book. hapitgh  ("and America shits itself", lol)
Isn't it great that (if the spoiler is about Kurt) Kurt himself offers to be a shirtless Spartan?
Boy gained some confidence at NYADA.  wub 

Oh, just one thing:
I took a few stage combat lessons in my time (and I was awful at it, lol: I always blinked and withdrew my head like a turtle when I had to be fierce instead: I'm such a wuss)....
anywho: I took some of those lessons and they have very little to do with actual combat or self-defense training (like kung fu or karate). It's more like a dancing class and choreography with kicks and swords in them.
So if Kurt takes these lessons after he gets beaten up (or before) only so he can learn to defend himself..... not really helpful in the real world. Although it does sharpen the reflexes, so that might be of some help I guess.

And yes, I know this is just me nitpicking about how real conservatories/performing schools work, and it's not the worst offence of reality on this show, but I had to mention it anyway.....  mrgreen

Last edited by Glorfindel on 3/2/2014, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 7:39 pm

I'm wondering if the stage combat thing in that scene is totally unrelated to the bashing incident and has no connection to self defense at all.  IOW it's  just a class.

In S4 Kurt walks in on a class of stage actors doing classical sword play so it could just be a variation of that at NYADA in the episode.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 3/2/2014, 7:50 pm

Tanita, there was a problem with the domain that has now been sorted and most people seem ok logging on now but some people may still have problems for 24 hours or so. Clearing your cache might help.
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/2/2014, 8:12 pm

Buenos wrote:Most of the songs are fine with this week, and Naya on "Gloria", yes!!   wub 
Naya may not have the most powerful voice on Glee, but really like it.  Just wish they would utilize her more.   This songs shows that even though Lea has strong pipes, it's the song that can highlight someone's voice better than others.  Gloria is better for Naya than Lea IMO.

I am very hit or miss with Naya, but when they give her a song like this or Valerie that fit her voice like a glove, I really like her (but please, no Broadway for her). She really has one of the most distinctive voices on the show. She really has a nice smoky, jazzy voice.

I wish Glee would do more to keep the singers in songs that are more suited for their voices and ranges because that is where they are at their best. I can enjoy most of them when they are in their sweet spot, but taking them out of that takes me out of the performance. Does that make sense?

Just a random thought here. I wonder if we are getting Chris singing in his lower range so much now because his voice has changed from what it was three or four years ago. I wonder if Chris could even pull off singing something like AIWNSG or IHN in the same key now as he did in season 2 and 3 respectively.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 8:16 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:Most of the songs are fine with this week, and Naya on "Gloria", yes!!   wub 

I am very hit or miss with Naya, but when they give her a song like this or Valerie that fit her voice like a glove, I really like her (but please, no Broadway for her).  She really has one of the most distinctive voices on the show.  She really has a nice smoky, jazzy voice.  

I don't understand why they don't give her more bluesy, jazzy numbers or even more in the Amy Whinehouse vein. She sounds wonderful in those genres..
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/2/2014, 8:18 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I just tried, and I got in, but the past few days the forum has had some technical problems and has been off line a lot (Hc made a post about it), so maybe that's why?
Try again later?

To me it sounds like it's indeed about Kurt, with the "show me your guns" and "puberty hit me late" thing.
So YAY!!!  hola 

Also: more shirtless Colfer, which is a big plus in my book. hapitgh  ("and America shits itself", lol)
Isn't it great that (if the spoiler is about Kurt) Kurt himself offers to be a shirtless Spartan?

Oh, just one thing:
I took a few stage combat lessons in my time (and I was awful at it, lol: I always blinked and withdrew my head like a turtle when I had to be fierce instead: I'm such a woos)....
anywho: I took some of those lessons and they have very little to do with actual combat or self-defense training (like kung fu or karate). It's more like a dancing class and choreography with kicks and swords in them.
So if Kurt takes these lessons after he gets beaten up (or before) only so he can learn to defend himself..... not really helpful in the real world. Although it does sharpen the reflexes, so that might be of some help I guess.

And yes, I know this is just me nitpicking about how real conservatories/performing schools work, and it's not the worst offence of reality on this show, but I had to mention it anyway.....  mrgreen

This guy flirting sounds like a Sebastian type.  Rolling Eyes 

Thing is Kurt would never cheat.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/2/2014, 8:23 pm

And I love The Happening.  bounce 

Kurt is the lead singer, and obviously he gets more on the song, but all three voices sound incredible.

Adam can sing almost everything.

Barracuda I like, Lea needed to so gritty but didn't pull it off, but Adam saved the song for me.

I will having a listen of Gloria and Hold On.

Didn't know Kurt was on two songs, that is a nice surprise.

I am so happy we are getting Chris in so many different styles which should shut up the haters that he can only sing Broadway.

The Happening is my favourite in this episode.  Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 8:25 pm

ColferInspired wrote:The Happening is my favourite in this episode.  Smile

It just seem so fresh and pops out, doesn't it? wub 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/2/2014, 8:28 pm

Buenos wrote:I don't understand why they don't give her more bluesy, jazzy numbers or even more in the Amy Whinehouse vein.  She sounds wonderful in those genres..

Exactly. She does those songs so well. Back to Black is probably my favorite song Naya has sung on the show. And Trouty Mouth was actually just perfect for her voice as well.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M on 3/2/2014, 8:30 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I just tried, and I got in, but the past few days the forum has had some technical problems and has been off line a lot (Hc made a post about it), so maybe that's why?
Try again later?

So YAY!!!  hola 

Oh, just one thing:
I took a few stage combat lessons in my time (and I was awful at it, lol: I always blinked and withdrew my head like a turtle when I had to be fierce instead: I'm such a woos)....

It does sound like Kurt, although I would not be surprised if it is Blaine and they are making a joke about having McKinley spend so much time on one year, as well as Blaine being retconned in season 2 and 3. If it is Kurt, it would be odd that he would volunteer skins, but I do feel like we are getting a lot of Kurt development this season. He seems to be learning more about himself and letting himself get out of the box he had been putting himself in. Stage combat could work with the Bash storyline if they have Kurt still be twitchy about someone coming straight at him in a fighting stance. This guy could "relate" and they become friends...

Or, it could be Blaine and maybe Kurt has been distant since what happened and Blaine lets a "Sebastian" thing happen again.

By the way, is anyone else as sure as I am that Kurt will hand over the band to Eliot in 5x14?
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/2/2014, 8:32 pm

ColferInspired wrote:I am so happy we are getting Chris in so many different styles which should shut up the haters that he can only sing Broadway.

Chris has really proven to be one of the most versatile singers on the show (if not they most versatile voice on the show). He really can pull off a wide range of styles on the show. I love his voice on the Broadway stuff, but he has performed quite well on songs like IBIATCL and Get Back, too.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 8:33 pm

M&M wrote:By the way, is anyone else as sure as I am that Kurt will hand over the band to Eliot in 5x14?

I just the hunch that Elliot gets a big music break, but it seems (which I'm glad) that Kurt will be thrilled for his friend. Once again, shirtless leather vest. That spells happiness.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/2/2014, 8:37 pm

Buenos wrote:
M&M wrote:By the way, is anyone else as sure as I am that Kurt will hand over the band to Eliot in 5x14?

I just the hunch that Elliot gets a big music break, but it seems (which I'm glad) that Kurt will be thrilled for his friend.  Once again, shirtless leather vest.  That spells happiness.

Well, the spoiler said Kurt was coming from rehearsal before the alley scene. I assumed band rehearsal.  saispa
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/2/2014, 8:38 pm

Don't You (Forget About Me) [Glee Cast Version]

It's interesting that Jenna's voice I like the least in the song, I dunno, I just don't think the song suits her voice style. She's too "light" for the song and takes me out what Chord is trying to do. Chord I like the most, though overall the the song just seems a straight cover with not much variety from the original, which has that recognizable signature deep low range.  It's OK , if nothing exceptional.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top