Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

+31
YaoiChick
comeonitslife
awesomenessthatischriscol
Nellya
ChrisColfersLightning
Ireth
MoviesAreLife
mindschemez
Divalicious
Georgette888
Porcelain
Kurt addict
coxfire
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Kurt Hummel
bayth
angelnessa
AnneNeville
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
fantastica
Glorfindel
ColferInspired
glimmerle
Buenos
Ranwing
Lottie2303
35 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Buenos 12/27/2013, 9:30 pm

kurt hummell wrote:That's true. Chris did have an amazing year! General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 650269930I really can't wait to see what he has planned next.  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 775186483 I would love if had another book tour. I voted a lot for my city for the last book signing thing but mine didn't get picked.  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 1371890812 I got TLOS 2 from my grandma for Christmas (we watch Glee together sometimes and she knows how much I love Chris  General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 413578547) and can't wait to read it.
What a sweet grandma!   Smile 

I think that next year we are going to get for Chris (and for all the Glee cast)having  far more concrete plans/projects for the post/Glee era.

For Chris I'm anticipating:

The official announcement of  biopic movie (if it's still a go)
another movie project
The release of the third LOS book,
And possible new TV projects on the horizon..
as well as possible stage or movie scripts he's working on

and , and in early 2014 I'm hoping for 1 or more PCA's for Chris... Razz

2013 was worth it  alone having Chris sing "Bring him Home"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVvcYea3zQ

wub  wub
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5

Post  Ranwing 12/27/2013, 10:07 pm

Buenos wrote:

ranwing wrote:My concern

With all due respect, I wouldn't categorize your analysis as "concern".   cool

I don't have a vested interest in Lea one way or the other. It may surprise you that I'm not exactly sitting here hoping that Lea's album fails. I save those wishes for Darren.  dryy  I just don't think she's on the right path to make it a success. Thinking that she picked the wrong genre, is aiming at the wrong audience and likely waited way too long to put the album out at all isn't hating on Lea. Just realistic to how hard a row she picked to hoe.

Most artists face an uphill battle to get their foot in the recording industry as far as some sort of tangible success.  Lea isn't any different, so it's hard to question strategy for any non superstar strategy when it's just daunting odds regardless.

Lea has a lot working in her favor that most new recording artists don't. She is an extremely well known actress who's known as much for her voice (if not more so) as she is for her acting. She's done an extremely successful television show after a successful Broadway career. She's been nominated for a number of prestigious awards and has won both PCAs and TCAs. She's done several national advertising campaigns. And sadly, she has been featured a great deal in the media since Cory's death. She has a lot of advantages that most new recording artists don't. Her album should do well because Lea has so high a profile. Her management team shouldn't have to resort to a gimmick like throwing every track out before the album is released to get attention. Sure, it's their job to get her notice and try to move units, but I just don't see this as a smart way of going about doing so.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/27/2013, 10:20 pm

Buenos wrote:
I think that next year we are going to get for Chris (and for all the Glee cast)having  far more concrete plans/projects for the post/Glee era.

For Chris I'm anticipating:

The official announcement of  biopic movie (if it's still a go)
another movie project
The release of the third LOS book,
And possible new TV projects on the horizon..
as well as possible stage or movie scripts he's working on

and , and in early 2014 I'm hoping for 1 or more PCA's for Chris... Razz

2013 was worth it  alone having Chris sing "Bring him Home"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVvcYea3zQ

wub  wub

I think that as far as the biopic goes, it's very possible that they have to wait until Chris is at least done with this season and possibly waiting until into the next season to get concrete word. If the project is still a go (and I'm seriously hoping that it is), there could be a large number of reasons for not having any real news. Lining up all the talent and the production team, getting financing, waiting for the desired director to be free... of course, it could also be that they really want Chris and are willing to wait until his commitment to Glee is done.  thumnup 

Chris has accomplished so much and so much of it is of such critical and cultural importance. I'd like to add to the list being a founding coalition member of Uprising of Love to help combat the homophobic laws in Russia. He's listed alongside a lot of very famous and prestigious individuals and it means so much that he's noticed for things like this and not for who he dates and what he's wearing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/27/2013, 10:43 pm

"Battlefield" sounds great.

Chris did have a really big year and I hope next year is even bigger.

Amber's album I am really interested in. Her show at the Roxy theatre was sold out.  Smile

I hope these means we should get a single from this album. Even though she did just do covers at this concert.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/28/2013, 12:31 am

Of course this year for any cast members of Glee is not going to be golden for one very tragic reason... :( 

However, Chris, Naya, Lea, Darren, Amber and others are very talented people and talent will out.

PLus with those looks....

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 Tumblr_mte0zyqPik1qgfb58o1_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/28/2013, 4:34 am

Her management team shouldn't have to resort to a gimmick like throwing every track out before the album is released to get attention. Sure, it's their job to get her notice and try to move units, but I just don't see this as a smart way of going about doing so.

When even established recording stars with good track records can have difficult selling records I think a first time album by ANY celebrity is going to be a risky proposition.  I'd wait before assuming their marketing strategy is simply resorting to a gimmick.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/28/2013, 5:04 am

Ranwing wrote:I think that as far as the biopic goes, it's very possible that they have to wait until Chris is at least done with this season and possibly waiting until into the next season to get concrete word. If the project is still a go (and I'm seriously hoping that it is), there could be a large number of reasons for not having any real news. Lining up all the talent and the production team, getting financing, waiting for the desired director to be free... of course, it could also be that they really want Chris and are willing to wait until his commitment to Glee is done.  thumnup 

Chris has accomplished so much and so much of it is of such critical and cultural importance. I'd like to add to the list being a founding coalition member of Uprising of Love to help combat the homophobic laws in Russia. He's listed alongside a lot of very famous and prestigious individuals and it means so much that he's noticed for things like this and not for who he dates and what he's wearing.

Has there been any new predictions as to what that biopic might be? I know we pondered about that Bomer flick about Montgomery Clift right? But I hear the Freddie Mercury film production has also picked up speed again?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/28/2013, 10:06 am

There are several that I can easily see Chris having a role in. There is the James Dean biopic that has been in the works for some time. I'm personally leaning towards the one about the Barefoot Bandit (Chris would be absolutely perfect for the title role). The Montgomery Cliff movie has been brought up a few times, as well as the Elton John biopic.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/28/2013, 10:38 am

^Or it could be reprising the role Chris had in 'Prop 8', as I believe they will turn that play into a movie.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/28/2013, 9:11 pm

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 Tumblr_myjjg8Lq051qe476yo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/28/2013, 9:36 pm

“11. “The Quarterback,” Glee
When Cory Monteith overdosed on drugs in July, it presented Fox’s musical drama with a nearly impossible feat: How would the show say goodbye to Monteith’s character Finn? In the end, the story is practically irrelevant (the show never specifies how Finn died). Instead, standout performances by Monteith’s TV mom Romy Rosemont, Mark Salling, Chris Colfer and Monteith’s real-life and on-screen girlfriend Lea Michele are chilling, in that it’s difficult to tell if what we’re watching is acting at all. The hour manages to take a celebrity’s highly publicized death and turn it into something intimate and profound.”
— TV Guides 2013’s Best Episodes
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/28/2013, 10:35 pm

Sigh... the 'Quarterback' episode is evidence that the show can be good if the Glee writers just make the effort. It's a pity that they just don't, most of the time.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/29/2013, 12:33 am

So true. The episode could have been an absolute train wreck if the writing had been bad. Instead it was respectful to Cory's memory, to Finn's place in the Glee universe and the relationships of all (except Quinn) who had been close with Finn without trying to present one person's grief as being "more" than any of the others. Save for a few miscues (like having Mercedes solo instead of Kurt, given that Mercedes wasn't all that close to Finn and neglecting to include Diana for whatever reason) it was done about as well as it could have been done.

I think that one thing about the acting in the episode that really can't be understated. Unquestionably all of them (Lea especially) were deeply mourning Cory but we weren't supposed to see Lea's grief (or Chris's or Mark's or anyone else's). We had to see Rachel, Kurt, Puck, Carol and Will. It's so hard to channel your personal feelings into your character ad have it come out as being true to the character. The fact that all the actors were able to managed that task and not have their characters slip really needs to be commended.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/3/2014, 5:14 pm

http://blog.peopleschoice.com/2014/01/03/peoples-choice-awards-ian-somerhalder-nina-dobrev/

So far no one from Glee is scheduled to appear on the PCA televised show yet.

"The Big Bang Theory" cast is all scheduled to appear and the pragmatic in me thinks that Jim Parson is going to take "actor in a comedy" over both Chris and Darren.

Melisssa McCarthy is slated to appear so I'm going to hazard a guess she will win "actress in a comedy" over both Lea and Jane.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/3/2014, 6:19 pm

Although, I will be a bit disapointed if Chris does lose,and it looks like it. I would much rather him lose to Jim Parson than to Darren Criss.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/3/2014, 6:27 pm

If Jim Parsons wins, it woudl be one of the few times these type of shows actually makes sense, "The Big Bang Theory" seems to have it's  highest Demos and Audiences ever and even gaining in popularity.  Glee OTOH has dipping Demos and audiences and has lost even a lot of it's fandom buzz.

TBBT's  live audience has to be  3 or 4 times larger than Glee's. Even last year one could argue that individually Chris and Lea were popular enough to win, but since  then they've continued to be  shoved and relegated to only 5-7 minutes of Glee on a good day.   How the hell can they gain GA traction with that type of neglect and Glee continuing to lose audience and ratings. 

So as a popularity poll the PCA's  could do much worse than have Jim Parsons win the award.  (Contrast with the  WTF insanity of One Direction's winning "song of the summer" in the VMA's when it's song had been clearly outsold by the other songs that evening)

Ditto Melissa.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 1/3/2014, 7:05 pm

This hiatus is going to be a ratings disaster, I think. It's been so quiet, and I can feel the interest waning . . . or is it just me?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/3/2014, 10:27 pm

They ended before the hiatus with no big cliffhangers and nothing to wet the anticipation of the audience and making them want to tune in again. There's absolutely no "must see" reason to want to watch them upcoming episodes.

Rachel, their lead? Living her dream. Unless they really pull a 180 and either have her fired from FG or the show is shut down due to investors pulling out (maybe spooked by having their investment riding on a complete unknown), there's nothing to see. We all know what's going to happen. Kurt and Blaine? Kurt is now tied to the Grease Stain and again, short of the show pulling a major plot twist out of its ass and having Kurt realize that he and Blaine are miles apart in maturity and focus on their futures (as well as miles apart on things like fidelity and emotional growth), we know what's going to happen. As for ND... a trip to Nationals. Cue the collective yawns.

I loved the Previously Unaired Christmas episode, but it was a poor one to launch the show into hiatus. And I also expect a ratings bloodbath. Glee is completely off of people's radars now and I don't see it recovering.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 1/4/2014, 7:25 pm

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 1/4/2014, 7:50 pm

Quite a few of the Glee cast have put out tweets about where they were holidaying.

Maybe Chris stayed home and did some writing to try and complete his book, and maybe some networking as well to increase his contacts for when Glee ends.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/5/2014, 12:40 pm

After having his mom's twitter account hacked and the abuse that Dot's wife took after tweeting to Oliver and Will (and not Darren), I'm not at all surprised that Chris has been on radio silence during this break. He's certainly got enough to keep him busy and he's in a production rather than promotion phase with his writing. Right now he just don't have a reason to be all over social media. And given the way he and those he's close to have been repeatedly burned, I don't blame him for not having the desire.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 1/7/2014, 7:54 pm

Max Adler is such a sweetie.  He posted his 'NOH8' photos' on his twitter account:

General Glee Discussion Thread--Part 5 - Page 7 BdZdskBCYAAv_ue
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/10/2014, 5:40 am

Lea's first music video. She look beautiful Smile

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 1/10/2014, 6:27 am

This is a sincere question and zero malice is intended. But am I the only one who gets the impression the hype of Lea's singing career has cooled down a lot?! Her second single received far less attention then the first and no records of sold singles have been released since the first week (which to be fair, wans't the best numbers either, but Lea has a very good PR team for painting a different picture) to pormote her songs.

Please correct me if I am wrong, because I sincerely don't wish her harm, but personally I don't see a glorious start of a music career right now.  saispa 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/10/2014, 12:28 pm

sheny wrote:

Lea's first music video. She look beautiful Smile

I like it. Is not impressive, but I think it fits the song well :)and yeah she looks beautiful

As regards Max Adler, I agree he's a sweetie  wub

@Lottie, I haven't put so much attention to Lea's music career, but for what I got from some people it seems 'battlefield' wasn't actually her second single, but it was said she was going to leak out songs from her album before the official premiere. I personally don't get that strategy as I think it would be better to surprise people when the album is out.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next