[ 0 ]
37% 37% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Re: 5x08 "Previously Unaired Christmas" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sjonnepon on 12/8/2013, 1:14 pm

question, what does Kurt says in that scene on the table after he made out with santa?
"i'm available... "
and then?
I can't really hear it.
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/8/2013, 1:37 pm

^Something like "...your hot butter rum concontion is dangerously lowering my inhibitions."
(In Dutch: jouw warme boter&rum brouwsel verlaagt mijn remmingen gevaarlijk.)

Wow, I missed that. More innuendo that Santa spiked their drinks so he could rob them later.
(But still not enough to say that Kurt making out with him was not consensual, as Kurt was willing long before he started drinking.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon on 12/8/2013, 1:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^Something like "...your hot butter rum concontion is dangerously lowering my inhibitions."
(In Dutch: jouw warme boter&rum brouwsel verlaagt mijn remmingen gevaarlijk.)

Wow, I missed that. More innuendo that Santa spiked their drinks so he could rob them later.
(But still not enough to say that Kurt making out with him was not consensual, as Kurt was willing long before he started drinking.)
Aha ok thanks!
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 12/8/2013, 2:52 pm

LOVED this episode. Lots of NYC is always great, and the Lima parts were fun too. Though, Becky is getting a bit much for me. I think that character makes more of a comedic impact when she's not too overs used.

Kurtana: Loved the gift exchange scene. I just about died at "dildo island" and Kurt's reaction Razz . Why yes, Glee can still make my jaw drop. So good!

Hummelpezberry: Ugh, just a great combination. They play so well together…feel free to keep this NYC dynamic as long as possible!

Kurt and Hot Santa: WOW, just wow! Loved seeing Kurt as this flirty, sexual being. And while the concept of the episode went over sooooo many people's heads (judging by hate comments), this would've been just the perfect episode that was needed in this timeline post "tbu." Some POV and reaction to having been cheated on…you know, just being like 'eff it' and screw the world (or hot santa). lol. I aint mad.

The hate is unfortunate, though it got me thinking that the extra raunchiness may soften the blow for whatever happens with Kurt/Starchild. I personally don't know what to make of them, but i know people are up in arms over it.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 9:18 pm

mindschemez wrote:LOVED this episode. Lots of NYC is always great, and the Lima parts were fun too. Though, Becky is getting a bit much for me. I think that character makes more of a comedic impact when she's not too overs used.

Kurtana: Loved the gift exchange scene. I just about died at "dildo island" and Kurt's reaction Razz . Why yes, Glee can still make my jaw drop. So good!

Hummelpezberry: Ugh, just a great combination. They play so well together…feel free to keep this NYC dynamic as long as possible!

Kurt and Hot Santa: WOW, just wow! Loved seeing Kurt as this flirty, sexual being. And while the concept of the episode went over sooooo many people's heads (judging by hate comments), this would've been just the perfect episode that was needed in this timeline post "tbu." Some POV and reaction to having been cheated on…you know, just being like 'eff it' and screw the world (or hot santa). lol. I aint mad.

The hate is unfortunate, though it got me thinking that the extra raunchiness may soften the blow for whatever happens with Kurt/Starchild. I personally don't know what to make of them, but i know people are up in arms over it.
Probably why they are keeping the spoilers to their chest.

I know these fans are not happy that the band is not splitting up, that maybe Adam has asked to be on the show longer.

I like that the Klainers anguish is being talked down by lots of ones that loved the interaction between Kurt and Cody and have been tweeting their love for the episode to Ryan, the one that wrote the show and the director, as well as giving their love to Chris and Bryce.

They did really piss off the director as he tweeted back to one that haters can die.

I blocked and reported a list of them.

Didn't know more turned up. :angry: 

If they used these accounts to vote for Darren as I do recognise a few of them and think they did use these accounts, then it is their own fault but they had to be blocked as the stuff they were tweeting to Chris and others was disgusting. :angry:
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 12/8/2013, 9:23 pm

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/8/2013, 9:32 pm

^His abs are a work of art. miamiam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 9:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^His abs are a work of art. miamiam
I like to think more went on in the bedroom before Kurt said no, but Kurt doesn't want to tell the girls. phr34r

Kurt was in his underwear, so there must have been some touching. sifflou
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/8/2013, 10:26 pm

mindschemez wrote:Bryce: Ho Ho Ho Bitches
Hot. Now I see why Kurt couldn't resisted Smile and please, of course it was consensual, since the moment Kurt saw him I'm sure he wanted to taste something of sexy santa.

And you know, klainers can complain and send hate tweets, but I've realized not only the rest of the fandom dislike them, but also writers and directors. Seriously, they believe are the owners of the show o.o, they're not.

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 12/8/2013, 10:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^His abs are a work of culinary art. miamiam
tonguue 
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 10:56 pm

The writer who wrote this episode is Ross Maxwell, and the director is Wendy Stanzler.

Can these two do the rest of the Season please?
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 12/8/2013, 11:37 pm

ColferInspired wrote:The writer who wrote this episode is Ross Maxwell, and the director is Wendy Stanzler.

THIS!!!

Incidentally, Ross Maxwell is the writer of Sadie Hawkins, the episode that introduces us to Adam and so beautifully... and hilariously cracky, with the Apples.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/9/2013, 12:20 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:The writer who wrote this episode is Ross Maxwell, and the director is Wendy Stanzler.

THIS!!!

Incidentally, Ross Maxwell is the writer of Sadie Hawkins, the episode that introduces us to Adam and so beautifully... and hilariously cracky, with the Apples.
Really? In that case, I also want him to write this season.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/9/2013, 4:31 pm

This just kills me... Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 12/9/2013, 4:45 pm

Buenos wrote:

If this is going to be Kurt's go to move to replace the shimmy, I approve.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/9/2013, 5:09 pm

I just love Kurt's confidence in his own game...LMAO.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/9/2013, 8:40 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:

If this is going to be Kurt's go to move to replace the shimmy, I approve.

On tumblr I read a comment saying Kurt should sing "Hips don't lie"  Razz 

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife on 12/9/2013, 10:24 pm

Drunk&Horny!Kurt is just about the cutest and most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Chris plays it so well.  Razz 

Oh, how I love Kurtcheltana. I sometimes have a hard time digesting the bitterness of Santana as an individual character, but I enojy her interactions with others: especially Hummelberry, Quinn and Dani. They make her more tolerable to me.

So glad that the writers gave Chris material to show off his comedic acting chops. I've forgotten how funny he can be.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 12/9/2013, 11:10 pm

it's kind of rare to see kurt all pumped up and getting some really hilarious comedy work to do. actually glee hasn't been funny for a long time. this along w/ the black and white xmas are my fav holiday episodes.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious on 12/9/2013, 11:11 pm

I enjoyed the episode very much. I remember when I was a little tired of all the "crack" episodes early in the show's life, but now I just miss them. The show has no substance really, and when they admit it, it becomes a bit more bearable. The only time it feels like real life is when Burt and Kurt got their moments, but now even Burt is used as a Blaine stan, and it has lost a bit of it's luster for me. Of course, all we need is one Papa Bear Burt moment to get me back in line, and I know it  neutre  How I wish we knew in canon, if he knew about Blaine cheating on him so shortly after Kurt leaves town, that would placate me no end. Either I can bask in him telling Blaine what for, and how he is stupid to even think that he should risk someone as great as Kurt for a random encounter, or I can just say Glee has jumped the shark, and allow Burt Hummel to put someone else before his only child.

Flirty Kurt was the best, it is nice to see him realize that he is a hot guy, who can score another hot guy. The booze helps, of course.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 12/9/2013, 11:15 pm

glee is best when it's about nothing, and you expect nothing. that way the show can focus on more funny stuff and we can simply laugh along, rather than nit pick every words/scenes and taking everything too seriously.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/9/2013, 11:45 pm

I prefer the old Glee with 'crack' episodes, than the one who tries to sell the 'lesson of the week'. And for those who think Glee crossed a limit with its jokes this episode, it seems they never saw season one.

@MoviesAreLife, I also loved drunk and horny Kurt lol I'm sure Chris had so much doing those scenes.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 12/13/2013, 5:52 pm

So, I finally have a few minutes to give my thoughts on the Christmas episode. I’ll get McKinley out of the way really fast. Overall, I still don’t care about McKinley and tend to zone out of it. But I have to say that I find Sam and Tina a lot less annoying when they aren’t interacting with Blaine.

The best part of the McKinley side of the storyline hands down was the “Shut Up Blaine” part. Gosh, I laughed so hard. I wish people would tell Blaine to shut up more.

Becky continues to be a horrible character, and quite frankly, it’s really reached the point where she has become an annoying and pointless character. I used to enjoy seeing her interact with Sue because there was a sweetness and an innocence to her, and it humanized Sue, but now, Becky is just so ridiculous that I feel the need to fast forward when I see her.

I don’t really have much to say about the virgin Mary storyline, and I didn’t really like “Love Child” at all. Even though we don’t get anywhere near as much of Alex as we do of Darren, I am so over Alex/Unique. I cringe every time Alex is on my screen, and it’s reached the point where I can’t even enjoy him singing because I know it will be followed by the worst acting on the show (quite possibly the worst acting on network television).

Now, onto New York. I loved every second of it. The Kurtana scene with the doll head was hysterical, and the thought of Santana sending Kurt to a place called Dildo Island would be quite the site to see if they could actually create a scene like that.

“Here Comes Santa Claus” was nicely performed vocally, and visually on the show. Chris, Lea, and Naya’s voices really blended well together—none of them overpowered the others, and the song seemed pretty equally. I don’t think I’ll ever get the image of Kurt in an elf costume playing a mini piano out of my head. Just priceless.

Santana’s Mrs. Claus was hysterical, and definitely straddled the line of being appropriate, but it was definitely season one dark funny.

Flirty Kurt enchanted by sexy shirtless Santa when they first met him was just adorable. When you think about this fitting into the timeline between the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes last season, it is nice to think that after the conversation with Blaine on Thanksgiving, Kurt was turned on by a hot sexy older man, and confident enough to flirt with him.

I still think that doing the Chipmunk Song was a waste of Chris, Lea, and Naya’s talent, but the set up and filming of the actual scene was wonderful. I loved flirty tipsy Kurt—so playful, sexy, and silly. We got lots of hip rolling, and some adorable flirty stuff (like grabbing Santa’s ass, and grinding against him). Just a really fun number to watch.

I loved the kitchen scene between Kurt and sexy Santa. Those brief kisses were hotter than any of the Klaine kisses we’ve seen on the show. Body placement alone was hotter than any interaction we’ve seen between Klaine on this show. It is amazing how much more chemistry Chris has with just about everyone than he has with Darren. Between showing Klaine as a boring couple, and then showing Kurt having oodles of chemistry with other actors, it really illustrates just how little chemistry Chris and Darren have. Considering Chris has chemistry with just about everyone (including Darren in his first year on the show), and Darren has poor chemistry with lots of actors, it’s clear where the root of the lack of chemistry problem lies.

Just as an aside, considering of how hot the Kurt/sexy Santa scenes were, it makes me think that Fox isn’t censoring the gay PDA as many people seem to think. It makes me think that the lack of Klaine PDA is one of the following:

1. RIB realizing just how horrible the chemistry between Chris and Darren is, and cutting scenes because they just aren’t good.
2. RIB punishing the Klainers by not giving them what they want.
3. Something going on behind the scenes that makes them minimize the screentime between Chris and Darren.

I agree with everyone who has said that what Sexy Santa did to Kurt was not sexual assault. Unlike Blaine in the carpark scene, Sexy Santa didn’t continue when Kurt said no. Sexy Santa didn’t tie Kurt up to take advantage of him. He tied Kurt up to keep Kurt from calling the cops while he was robbing them. It wasn’t nice, and it was definitely illegal, but in the long run, he didn’t hurt Kurt—humiliate, yes, but not hurt).

Overall, I enjoyed the episode, and agree that it reminded me of the crazy fun of season one.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 12/16/2013, 2:31 am

Some of the outrage to the episode really makes me wonder if Kurt being sexually attracted to someone other than Blaine is behind all the projected anger.

So few of these fans want to acknowledge that Kurt seemed to be having a good time prior to being tied up and robbed.

When you think about it, RIB made the flirting more palatable for them by making Santa a douche bag who stole the NY characters blind.

I can just imagine if Santa had slept with Kurt and bid Adieu with no repercussions (thus no tying up and robbed) the outrage would have been just as bad for other reasons.

The last thing is those now claiming it's not "canon"...BULLSHIT, because  it's also being used to explain why Kitty turned nicer and Santana would think of moving in later with Hummelberry.

Last edited by Buenos on 12/16/2013, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 12/16/2013, 3:14 am

yes!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down