[ 0 ]
37% 37% 
[ 6 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 16

Re: 5x08 "Previously Unaired Christmas" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica on 12/6/2013, 9:18 pm

i love flirty kurt. i want more flirty kurt!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 12/6/2013, 10:04 pm

fantastica wrote:i love flirty kurt. i want more flirty kurt!
Same. If he has to be tied down to Blaine forever, I at least want him to flirt with hot guys. Like Elliott next week hopefully!
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 12/7/2013, 11:28 am

It was the first episode in a very, very long time that would have fit in with season one, when Glee was at his darkest and best.

In the pilot episode, Schu blackmails Finn into joining ND by planting pot in his locker. We have a teacher clearly molesting a student. Rachel flirting so hard with Finn that he could be seen from space. Rachel gets told by Emma, after confessing that she can't have bulimia because she has no gag reflex, that this will be seen as a gift at some point (because that will make her great at giving blow jobs).

In this episode, the NY threesome get robbed by a charming con artist. A bit of religious irreverence (the whole Love Child performance, which was absolutely genius).Kurt flirting so hard with SmarmyHotShirtlessSanta that it could be seen from space. Kurt being told by SmarmyHotShirtlessSanta that kissing him was sexy because he didn't look like he had teeth (implying that he had a perfect mouth for blow jobs).
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/7/2013, 12:57 pm

I wasn't expecting to say this...but I really enjoyed this episode. I haven't had so much fun with Glee in years, and as some of you have pointed, it was like going back to first season. Please who's the writer to send him flowers Smile

I don't know from where to start,oh yeah, NY :)I absolutely loved it. Kurtcheltana have such an amazing chemistry, and honestly, is hard for me to pick the best moment, because everything was so well done, delivered, funny. Santana as 'Ms. Claus' was hilarious, and personally some people could think she shouldn't have been so 'rude' to the children, but that for me was very Santana. In addition, Kurt and Rachel faces were priceless, and I cracked up when Santana saw Brittany's doppelganger, and started to talk how depressed she felt because her girlfriend dumped her, and Rachel and Kurt were like "Please stop. Too much information"Razz

And then, is Hot Santa. Since the moment this man came in, Kurt couldn't take his eyes out of him. So, this takes me to the other highlight of the episode, and is Kurt being all flirty with Santa. And I've read lots of comments, particularly from klainers, that it was wrong how Kurt was portrayed in this episode, because that not how Kurt would normally be. I personally believe that Kurt was in al his right to be flirty with any guy he wants, because he was SINGLE at the time this episode was supposed to happen. And for those who said he was 'sexually assault', I didn't see that. Ok, is true, he was drunk, but still was slightly conscious and therefore what he did was because he simply wanted to loosen it up and as he said "I'm in NY and I'm single".

As regards Lima, overall I found it boring, but I bursted out of laughing with 'Love Child',and also I know was a performance some people found offensive, but that was the purpose, because they wanted Kitty to be part of the living nativity, and this was the only way to do it, because as the christian girl she's, she clearly will find it offensive. So I think it fits well in the context, and I don't think so they actually had the intention to make christian people to feel bad.

To sum up, it was a better episode that I expected was gonna be. And for those who think Glee crossed a limit with this, it seems never saw season one.

P.S I love when Santana said "Feliz Navidad" Smile

P.S2 I reacted like Rachel when I saw Kurt making out with Hot Santa hahaha

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 12/7/2013, 6:58 pm

I just rewatched the NY parts and this 18 minutes was indeed the best of this season...and dispite what people say I will consider this episode as canon and not a AU episode.

And how fricking big/tall is this Bryce Johnson aka ShiftySanta? NY gang looks so tiny next to the guy in the chipmunks number.
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/7/2013, 7:18 pm

^I think the epsisode is canon, as it aired on tv and didn't clash (time-wise and canon-wise) with last year's Christmas episode.
And Jane Lynch never said anything about it being AU, only that it was unaired (and by airing it now it became canon).

Klainers just want this episode to be AU because Kurt got his mack on, and it had no Klaine Klismas duet. dryy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/7/2013, 8:04 pm

Glorfindel wrote:...

Klainers just want this episode to be AU because Kurt got his mack on, and it had no Klaine Klismas duet. dryy
Please, only because it was an episode it didn't have all what they wanted, it doesn't mean everybody else should believe is an AU. For me is also canon Smile

@valkeakuulas, I googled it and Bryce Johnson is 6'2 ft. Pretty tall.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/7/2013, 8:52 pm

^Wow, that's just a little shorter than Cory was (6'3). ohmy 

The casting of this guy (Bryce) was spot on. Smile

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 12/7/2013, 11:52 pm

It's interesting that when you look at the kind of guys that Kurt is generally attracted to, they tend to be tall, well muscled jock types. Finn, Sam, Adam and Cody all pretty well fit the mold. That the show decided that the love of his life be short, pot-bellied greaseball is... strange to say the least.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/7/2013, 11:59 pm

^And also Mr. Martinez and Matt Bomer (I refuse to call him Blaine's brother). vexe

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 12/8/2013, 12:24 am

^ Forgot about those two. Kurt definitely has a type that gets him steamed and Blaine is not it. And the longer this drags out, the better looking Kurt gets and the more whiney, peevish, childish and paunchy that Blaine gets, the more I wonder how long they expect us to continue suspending disbelief that Kurt would give the time of day to this lox.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/8/2013, 1:33 am

Glorfindel wrote:^And also Mr. Martinez and Matt Bomer (I refuse to call him Blaine's brother). vexe
Just call him Cooper Smile do you forgot that is his name?

And what a good observation Ranwing Smile, it makes you think why Kurt is with Blaine? The only explanation that came to my mind is he feels 'secure' with Blaine, and probably he believes he won't find someone else. But after being in a sort of relationship with Adam, I think that explanation it makes no sense, because for me Kurt realized there are other boys who're attracted to him, and appreciate just as he's.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 2:03 am

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^And also Mr. Martinez and Matt Bomer (I refuse to call him Blaine's brother). vexe
Just call him Cooper :)do you forgot that is his name?

And what a good observation Ranwing Smile, it makes you think why Kurt is with Blaine? The only explanation that came to my mind is he feels 'secure' with Blaine, and probably he believes he won't find someone else. But after being in a sort of relationship with Adam, I think that explanation it makes no sense, because for me Kurt realized there are other boys who're attracted to him, and appreciate just as he's.
I know, it doesn't make sense.

Kurt said he had temptations in TBU, so we know guys have been chasing after him, so he would know other guys find him desirable.

And now we had Cody, and I am sure if Kurt hadn't said no, we might have had a different storyline.

Though I think Cody would have still robbed the place after Kurt fell asleep.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SippyCupofLuv on 12/8/2013, 2:04 am

Ranwing wrote:It's interesting that when you look at the kind of guys that Kurt is generally attracted to, they tend to be tall, well muscled jock types. Finn, Sam, Adam and Cody all pretty well fit the mold. That the show decided that the love of his life be short, pot-bellied greaseball is... strange to say the least.
And 3 of the 4 are blond. aa54 

I still say Kurt's 'attraction' to Blaine is that when he met him, Blaine was his only viable choice and Kurt wanted a boyfriend and to feel the same teenage romance everyone else experienced.

I don't think either of them actually are 'in love' with each other. Blaine's 'in love' with Kurt's attention, and Kurt's 'in love' with the idea of love, the 'teenage dream', and the 'safety' and comfort that comes from it.

At this point it's become what's habit and the history of it all. They were each other's firsts in most things and it's hard to let go of the comfort and sentiment of that, even if it's the best and most necessary thing to do for his best interest and freedom to grow into his full potential as a person.

SippyCupofLuv
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 12/8/2013, 3:20 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I just rewatched the NY parts and this 18 minutes was indeed the best of this season...and dispite what people say I will consider this episode as canon and not a AU episode.
The episode is canon. It was just set in the past not in another reality like Artie's dream was last Christast. They will probably never mention it again but everything that happened in it is canon. The only people who claim it is an AU are Klainers who want to pretend Kurt wasn't making out with a hot guy who isn't Blaine.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 12/8/2013, 3:38 am

Glorfindel wrote:^Wow, that's just a little shorter than Cory was (6'3). ohmy 

The casting of this guy (Bryce) was spot on. Smile
He really was. I wish things didn't end so badly and there was a chance for him to come back because they looked so good together and had great chemistry. I liked flirtly Kurt and want to see more of him.
I'm not saying this because I dislike Blaine but Klaine is such a boring old married couple. Yes they can be cute together but being cute is not enough to make me interested in their relationship. The only episode there was some passion between them since their first kiss way back in 2.16 was 4.14 when they were broken up.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 12/8/2013, 3:50 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:
Ranwing wrote:It's interesting that when you look at the kind of guys that Kurt is generally attracted to, they tend to be tall, well muscled jock types. Finn, Sam, Adam and Cody all pretty well fit the mold. That the show decided that the love of his life be short, pot-bellied greaseball is... strange to say the least.

I still say Kurt's 'attraction' to Blaine is that when he met him, Blaine was his only viable choice and Kurt wanted a boyfriend and to feel the same teenage romance everyone else experienced.

I don't think either of them actually are 'in love' with each other. Blaine's 'in love' with Kurt's attention, and Kurt's 'in love' with the idea of love, the 'teenage dream', and the 'safety' and comfort that comes from it.

At this point it's become what's habit and the history of it all. They were each other's firsts in most things and it's hard to let go of the comfort and sentiment of that, even if it's the best and most necessary thing to do for his best interest and freedom to grow into his full potential as a person.
It seems you have a thing for blonds Smile

I agree with everything you said. And you know,now I'm more convinced these boys shouldn't get married, because it seems they're not actually in love with each other, and it won't last longer. But that from a real life point of view, because in Glee World, these two are supposed to be endgame and will have their happily ever after ending.

@Colferinspired, at this moment I think Kurt is still with Blaine because of the klaine fandom. Sometimes I wonder if RIB don't want to get in trouble with them, or as klainers make so much noise, has make them believe klaine is still popular.

brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 4:16 am

brisallie wrote:
SippyCupofLuv wrote:

It seems you have a thing for blonds Smile

I agree with everything you said. And you know,now I'm more convinced these boys shouldn't get married, because it seems they're not actually in love with each other, and it won't last longer. But that from a real life point of view, because in Glee World, these two are supposed to be endgame and will have their happily ever after ending.

@Colferinspired, at this moment I think Kurt is still with Blaine because of the klaine fandom. Sometimes I wonder if RIB don't want to get in trouble with them, or as klainers make so much noise, has make them believe klaine is still popular.
But if some of the media are not convinced anymore, what with WetPaint think Kurt would be better with Elliott or the other article are Klaine still a hot couple, shouldn't this be telling them that these people are seeing what we see?

I am hoping it does and Kurt can be with someone more his type or we get single Kurt and dating.

And I am disappointed that Kurt said no to Cody as we would have got a different storyline, but Cody would have still robbed them.

Think how the K(Blainers) would have reacted to that one.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 12/8/2013, 4:36 am

There is one more thing the guys Kurt has been attracted to have in common besides being tall, muscled and sometimes blond, they are all older than him. Ricky Martin is 42 in RL, Matt Bomer 36, Bryce Johnson 36 and Oliver definitely looks at least 30 to me. We don't know how old their characters we supposed to be (except for Adam) but I'm sure the numbers are closer to (over) 30 than 20. 

Someone even made a gifset about it.

Last edited by sheny on 12/8/2013, 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 12/8/2013, 5:13 am

sheny wrote:
There is one more thing the guys Kurt has been attracted to have in common besides being tall, muscled and sometimes blond, they are all older than him. Ricky Martin is 42 in RL, Matt Bomer 36, Bryce Johnson 36 and Oliver deffinetely looks at least 30 to me. We don't know how old their characters we supposed to be (except for Adam) but I'm sure the numbers are closer to (over) 30 than 20. 

Someone even made a gifset about it.

Again it doesn't make sense why Kurt would be with Blaine.

And I love it that some in the media are seeing this, that Blaine is too much of a child (deranged one at that) when it looks like Kurt wants a real man.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Songs

Post  Kurt addict on 12/8/2013, 5:27 am

Not seen the episode yet just some of the scenes. And the songs, I love flirty Kurt, so confident and sexy!wub 
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Songs

Post  Kurt addict on 12/8/2013, 5:41 am

I also really liked the songs, Chris sounded great on all of them but his voice on away in a manger was so clear and distinctive I just melted and this version was not one I know, and can we just mention how handsome he looked in the window scene:hola: hola 
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 12/8/2013, 9:21 am

brisallie wrote:
Just call him Cooper :)do you forgot that is his name?
Yes, I did for a moment yesterday evening, lol. Smile blushh 

ColferInspired wrote:Kurt said he had temptations in TBU, so we know guys have been chasing after him, so he would know other guys find him desirable.
Chase from Vogue! fanny2
I've turned from an anti-shipper into a mass multi-shipper, lol. vexe 

And now we had Cody, and I am sure if Kurt hadn't said no, we might have had a different storyline.

Though I think Cody would have still robbed the place after Kurt fell asleep.
Kurt could have told the girls the next day: "Well, at least I got some good sex out of it, so it was worth my collection of playbills." Smile 

SippyCupofLuv wrote:I still say Kurt's 'attraction' to Blaine is that when he met him, Blaine was his only viable choice and Kurt wanted a boyfriend and to feel the same teenage romance everyone else experienced.

banzai  This.

ColferInspired wrote:But if some of the media are not convinced anymore, what with WetPaint think Kurt would be better with Elliott or the other article are Klaine still a hot couple, shouldn't this be telling them that these people are seeing what we see?

I am hoping it does and Kurt can be with someone more his type or we get single Kurt and dating.

And I am disappointed that Kurt said no to Cody as we would have got a different storyline, but Cody would have still robbed them.

Think how the K(Blainers) would have reacted to that one.
Really, they're already throwing an enormous spoiled tantrum with how it played out as it is. I doubt the crazy Klainers could act even more obnoxious if Kurt and sexy Santa had gone all te way. Evil or Very Mad
Besides the many foaming at the mouth posts of Klainers screaming "date rape", "worst Christmas episode ever", "the writers hate Klaine fans" and "Kurt is a slut" :angry: , the twitter mentions of Ryan Murphy, Chris, Bryce, Ross Maxwell (the writer) and W. Stanzler (director) are vicious and absolutely horrible.

And I can't believe that anyone attached to Glee who gets so much shit and hate about this now still wants to pander to the Klainers. pauly

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 12/8/2013, 9:30 am

Glorfindel wrote:I've turned from an anti-shipper into a mass multi-shipper, lol. vexe 
Welcome to my world.

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 12/8/2013, 10:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:I doubt the crazy Klainers could act even more obnoxious if Kurt and sexy Santa had gone all te way. Evil or Very Mad
Besides the many foaming at the mouth posts of Klainers screaming "date rape", "worst Christmas episode ever", "the writers hate Klaine fans" and "Kurt is a slut" :angry: , the twitter mentions of Ryan Murphy, Chris, Bryce, Ross Maxwell (the writer) and W. Stanzler (director) are vicious and absolutely horrible.

And I can't believe that anyone attached to Glee who gets so much shit and hate about this now still wants to pander to the Klainers. pauly
Sending hate to Chris and Bryce is disgusting. What fault do the actors have? They're just doing what the script says and following the director's orders.

Sending hate to Murphy is plain stupid. Don't they realize what power that man has over their ship? If he wants he can destroy Klaine for good in a second. I won't be surprised if he plans to separate them in the series finale, when no tweets or threats will be able to help because Glee will be over.

After seeing what RIB/FOX allowed Kurt to do with Cody last episode I think that the lack of real intimacy/kisses between Klaine may be Ryan's way of punishing fans for their awful behavior towards him. I just don't see Ryan as someone who will pander people who threaten his life or call him horrible names. His ego is too big for that. IMO he just wanted to make a political statement with the engagement storyline and now that it's done he is keeping the boys as far away from each other as possible and even when they are together they act more like brothers than fiances.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top