Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

+29
TimF
JamieRulz
angelnessa
Kurt addict
CloveGlee
Porcelain
ChrisColferFan1
Delight
glimmerle
Ireth
tanita_mors
sheny
sjonnepon
Georgette888
AnneNeville
coxfire
Ranwing
fantastica
bayth
valkeakuulas
brisallie
ColdFlame96
Divalicious
Buenos
Glorfindel
SippyCupofLuv
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
33 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  brisallie 11/13/2013, 9:39 pm

After seeing you have listed all the klaine moments, or 'legendary' moments according to their fans,now I've realized why most of the scenes I remember from them are from season 2. How funny they had more scenes together as friends than as a couple, so I'm confused: Are they competing for 'best chemistry' or 'bromance'?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 5 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10

Post  Glorfindel 11/14/2013, 6:20 am

brisallie wrote:After seeing you have listed all the klaine moments, or 'legendary' moments according to their fans,now I've realized why most of the scenes I remember from them are from season 2. How funny they had more scenes together as friends than as a couple, so I'm confused: Are they competing for 'best chemistry' or 'bromance'?
'Favorite Horror Movie'.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/14/2013, 6:27 am

I saw yesterday actually a very beautiful Klaine gif-set. I was so close to reblog it, because for once it looked like what they are trying to sell Klaine as. It had loving glaces, support and of course Kurt's sheer beauty. It makes me sad what Klaine could have been and how they utterly destroyed it, just to prop one actor and punish the other one for not kissing the writers ass.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/14/2013, 10:34 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I added in the other stufff. Let me know if you think of more.
I found this gifset on Tumblr today. I think it has most of the Klaine scenes from 2x06 to 5x01.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sheny on 11/14/2013, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/14/2013, 10:42 am

Hey, a Hummelberry scene has wormed its way in there, hehe! It is like where is Waldo Smile!
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 11/14/2013, 10:52 am

why is there so much klaine on my screen ????? what the hell are you people doing ???!!!!!

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 10 - Page 5 Y7ZwbKX
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/14/2013, 10:55 am

coxfire wrote:Hey, a Hummelberry scene has wormed its way in there, hehe! It is like where is Waldo Smile!
There are a couple of Kadam scenes too Smile . The gifset was titled "The Story of Klaine" I guess it includes scenes from their individual storylines as well.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/14/2013, 11:01 am

tanita_mors wrote:why is there so much klaine on my screen ????? what the hell are you people doing ???!!!!!

Karen was doing a statistic with Klaine scenes because of their PCA nomination I think. I will hide that last set in spoiler bar.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/14/2013, 11:13 am

There are quite a few that Blaine wasn't actually involved in. I noticed the scene where Kurt met Chandler, and also the scene where Kurt finds out he didn't get into NYADA in there.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/14/2013, 2:24 pm

tanita_mors wrote:why is there so much klaine on my screen ????? what the hell are you people doing ???!!!!!

Because this is the snark n bark thread aka hell raising thread aka stay away if you don't like it thread.tonguue 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/18/2013, 8:28 am

I don't get why Kurtsies get called extra melodramatic when we talk about Kurt's pain about the engagement when the original idea of endgame is already romantic BS anyway. Is it because if we think Kurt is settling with Blaine makes him weak = feminine? What kind of assumption is that? Can't Kurt be apprehensive as a man? OK, there is a lot of excessive "mourning" done for Kurt's destiny, but somehow Blee has only given us that kind of perception.

I came up with this idea listening to Laura Marling's great song What He Wrote. Why can't we ever see Kurt's actual thoughts about men in his life? Would be so much nicer. Let Kurt have a serious triangle. Serious ponderings about who and what he wants. And Lottie, why not let Kurt cheat or run out on Blaine...be the bad guy.

Is that just for adult drama? Is Glee just not the right format for this? I mean I could see this kind of storyline happening in the atmophere they are creating for the NY parts. Just like lasts weeks Hummelberry scenes showed!

I'm buzzled and have to run to work now. I'm late because I wondered about Glee. Not going to work.moque 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/18/2013, 10:28 am

valkeakuulas wrote:I came up with this idea listening to Laura Marling's great song What He Wrote. Why can't we ever see Kurt's actual thoughts about men in his life? Would be so much nicer. Let Kurt have a serious triangle. Serious ponderings about who and what he wants. And Lottie, why not let Kurt cheat or run out on Blaine...be the bad guy.

Is that just for adult drama? Is Glee just not the right format for this? I mean I could see this kind of storyline happening in the atmophere they are creating for the NY parts. Just like lasts weeks Hummelberry scenes showed!
Because it would be 'too gay'. In the mean time we can have many homo-erotic innuendo between bros Blam because Sam is as straight as an arrow and Blaine is the right alpha kind of gay. brikwol

I'm more than pissed that Marley got to sing a song about Jake cheating on her right after she found out about it, while Kurt got nada, zilch, nothing.
No decent POV in an entire season!!!! rentine

And another thing to really, really get pissed about, if it wasn't so sad:
Spoiler:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 11/18/2013, 10:47 am

Blaine is the right alpha kind of gay
I talked a bit about it on TWOP today, I think the show wants to sell Blaine as some "Alpha Gay" but fails at it on another level.

Blaine is supposed to "pass", appeal to girls, be buds with guys...but he is still a guy who dresses like a hipster, and seriously, his clothes DEFINITELY don't scream "Manly man" to me, a guy who like singing effin' Katy Perry, who dresses up as Gaga at school, who loves musicals, etc.

So yes, Blaine might be less effeminate than Kurt, but he is no "Alpha" in my book, not that being "Alpha" is superior to that matter. It's just that the show is delusional if they think that, in real life, Blaine would "pass" more than Kurt.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 10:58 am

Not for anything, but can you even buy that Kurt is Blaine's type when you think about the other guys he's been interested in? None of the other ones have been as effeminate as Kurt. He spent half a year when he was away from Kurt pining over a jock. And let's not forget the eye exchange with the guy in the gym class. We didn't see enough of Jeremiah to know exactly what he was like, but in the few moments we saw of him, he didn't scream gay diddy gay gay gay.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 11:18 am

Honestly, both are not each others types. Kurt seems to prefer taller, more masculine, not-even-fashion-interested guys and Blaine is into... well, pretty, athletic jocks?! No idea to be honest. Also a lot of Kurt's crushes are blonde. Blaine is anything but.

Both do not fit well together. Both want different things in life. Blaine doesn't suit Kurt, and Kurt doesn't suit Blaine. Realistically speaking, they will always hold each other back, as especially Kurt really tones down around Blaine. That is just unfair for Kurt AND Blaine and both would be so much better off being single, finding themselves and just living their lives based on their aspirations. Obviously RIB don't see and just scream 'endgame' Rolling Eyes .

Blaine is not an alpha-male. It is a typical 'tell but not show' scenario on Glee. I am totally against bullying, but how McK gets presented, no way would Blaine be seen with his fashion choices, dramatics and diva acts as 'one of the boys'. It just bothers me how RIB value Blaine's 'gayness' well above Kurt's. It is unfair, dismissive and also a form of discrimination :angry: 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/18/2013, 12:56 pm

^Basically, yes.

coxfire wrote:Blaine is supposed to "pass", appeal to girls, be buds with guys...but he is still a guy who dresses like a hipster, and seriously, his clothes DEFINITELY don't scream "Manly man" to me, a guy who like singing effin' Katy Perry, who dresses up as Gaga at school, who loves musicals, etc.

So yes, Blaine might be less effeminate than Kurt, but he is no "Alpha" in my book, not that being "Alpha" is superior to that matter. It's just that the show is delusional if they think that, in real life, Blaine would "pass" more than Kurt.
My suspicion is that after Kurt left McKinley they wanted Blaine to replace him with the fashion sense, as his outlandish clothing was part of what made Kurt stand out. But they tried to make Blaine more 'dapper' then Kurt, and I also suspect they deliberately tried to refer to Darren's Broadway role of Finch in H2$.

It's definitely a double message on Glee. They want to have the cake and eat it as well, as per usual.
They want Blaine to have the momentum and iconic position of gay posterboy Kurt, and at the same time have him be a bro, a ladykiller and generally liked by everybody.
You can't have the 'perfect' character who you blow smoke up his ass every episode to be slushied and bullied after all, and/or ridiculed or ostracized by his peers because he's gay or wears idiotic clothes, so Blaine is in this kind of untouchable bubble, which makes him even more of a bland character than he already is.

So Blaine's the alpha male, with all the benefits that come with it (being a bro and superior to the effeminate gay), and yet not the alpha male, because his behaviour and clothing is completely off.

Now maybe someone who's a much better actor than Darren (which isn't so hard, lol) could have these 2 conflicting characterisations melt together and make a coherent character, like I think Chris did with Kurt and e.g. Jane with Sue, but Darren's mediocrity only makes the differences even worse. Mad 

Jellyrolls wrote:Not for anything, but can you even buy that Kurt is Blaine's type when you think about the other guys he's been interested in?  None of the other ones have been as effeminate as Kurt.  He spent half a year when he was away from Kurt pining over a jock.  And let's not forget the eye exchange with the guy in the gym class.  We didn't see enough of Jeremiah to know exactly what he was like, but in the few moments we saw of him, he didn't scream gay diddy gay gay gay.  
Blaine is not Kurt's type either.
Kurt fell in love with or was attracted to Finn, Sam, Ricky Martin's and Matt Bomer's characters, and Adam (and Starchild, hee). He even appreciated Brody when he first saw him at the loft. All jocks or muscular types, aka alpha males.

Blaine is such a weak child in comparison to them, and his body is a soft beanbag in comparison to their chiseled bodies. moque 

And though Kurt was enchanted by Chandler's  (the only other gay who can be identified as not alpha) text messages, he clearly stated he was not attracted to him at all.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 2:44 pm

I just find the characters in NY, Kurt, RAchel and Santana as young adults who've been through the fire in different ways and are on interesting journeys. Just the fact that Finn's death affects them shows the difference in the narratives, there's a depth of genuine emotion in what they do. Chris and Lea and Naya's chemistry together is fucking amazing and I curse at them for not letting me completely cut off this show...LOL.

McKinley is just so infantilized, and it's worse because to accommodate that they've "dumbed down" Tina, Blaine and Sam who are in their 4th and 5th years onscreen in  high school.   Artie, ironically because they've used him less has IMO been spared the worst of the characterizations.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 3:42 pm

Buenos wrote:McKinley is just so infantilized, and it's worse because to accommodate that they've "dumbed down" Tina, Blaine and Sam who are in their 4th and 5th years onscreen in  high school.   Artie, ironically because they've used him less has IMO been spared the worst of the characterizations.
This sums it up really well. It's not just that the McKinley storyline is the younger one (compared to the more mature issues that the NY-based characters are dealing with). It's that they really stripped all of the intelligence out of the storytelling and it's all superficial and very juvenille. There are a few exceptions. You have Unique's story which can be compelling and has it's moments when I'm really engaged. Artie has escaped the worst of the dumbing down and he's got a mature relationship with Kitty (who would have thunk it?) and had to deal with facing leaving home hand having to navagate a big city with his handicap. The rest though? It's like grade school.

Blaine is supposed to be engaged and contempating an adult life with Kurt, but do we get any of that? Do we have any of the serious graduations stories that we had with Rachel, Kurt, Finn and Puck? You wouldn't even know that half the group is set to graduate in a few months. It's talked about in passing (like Tina having no real options open to her) but not developed into a coherent storyline. So it's no suprise that it comes across as being so lacking in depth when you compare it to the storylines of the NY characters.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 3:54 pm

I think part of it is that because if you do have SL's about actually moving on with the next phase of their lives after Graduation then there is nothing left but to actually SHOW the Graduation occurring.

It's better just to have filler after filler about the looming epic Nationals competition. They've blown so much smoke up the ass of their preparing for Nationals when there is absolutely nothing at stake for New Directions.

After next week they would have given post graduation SL arcs to everyone but Tina, if they( laughably at this point) do give one to her, it's because they literally ran out of filler stuff. But most likely, it's to highlight other characters as opposed to giving Tina genuine focus.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 4:49 pm

she's got quite a number of songs coming up, so how do you know she won't get a focus?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 4:58 pm

fantastica wrote:she's got quite a number of songs coming up, so how do you know she won't get a focus?
Could be she is finally getting post HS focus plans, however the point is then if everyone of the Graduates has gotten their graduation focus, why are they still dragging out the School year.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 5:10 pm

maybe they have to give matt and jane certain number of episodes? and/or the noobies are now regulars they have to appear on most episodes if not all? or that glee won't be glee w/o the glee club? or that RIB doesn't want to be told by audiences/fans that they should dump their central theme which is the high school?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 6:56 pm

fantastica wrote:maybe they have to give matt and jane certain number of episodes? and/or the noobies are now regulars they have to appear on most episodes if not all? or that glee won't be glee w/o the glee club? or that RIB doesn't want to be told by audiences/fans that they should dump their central theme which is the high school?
Santana was a regular in Season 4 and she was missing for practically half the season.  How many episodes did Matt miss last season, or Jayma did as a regular in Season 3 ?

I don't think the Noobs promoted to "Regulars" translates to  somehow the show is contractually obligated beyond 3-4 episodes to use them the entire season.  Amber,Mike, Dianna and Harry were technically still listed as Regulars in Season 4 and that meant squat.

I think it means you have to pay them a certain minimum amount for the year, but not that they have be shown on screen.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 9:50 pm

Buenos wrote:
fantastica wrote:maybe they have to give matt and jane certain number of episodes? and/or the noobies are now regulars they have to appear on most episodes if not all? or that glee won't be glee w/o the glee club? or that RIB doesn't want to be told by audiences/fans that they should dump their central theme which is the high school?
Santana was a regular in Season 4 and she was missing for practically half the season.  How many episodes did Matt miss last season, or Jayma did as a regular in Season 3 ?

I don't think the Noobs promoted to "Regulars" translates to  somehow the show is contractually obligated beyond 3-4 episodes to use them the entire season.  Amber,Mike, Dianna and Harry were technically still listed as Regulars in Season 4 and that meant squat.

I think it means you have to pay them a certain minimum amount for the year, but not that they have be shown on screen.
Regulars get paid a certain amount for every episode, whether they appear or not. It might hurt the pocketbooks of Fox to cut the Lima side after making newbies into regulars, but that ship has sailed . . . If they were sensible, they'd do whatever it takes to save the show, even if it means dumping characters whose actors they still have to pay.

However, I don't think there is even a tiny bit of hope for this show. There is nothing inherently good about the NY setting. The three actors there are stronger, and the fact that they get 10 out of 40 minutes per episode means they aren't getting the lionshare of bad writing. As soon as the writers focus on NY--even if they *don't* bring Blam to NYC--it will go down the tubes.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 10:08 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Buenos wrote:

Regulars get paid a certain amount for every episode, whether they appear or not. It might hurt the pocketbooks of Fox to cut the Lima side after making newbies into regulars, but that ship has sailed . . . If they were sensible, they'd do whatever it takes to save the show, even if it means dumping characters whose actors they still have to pay.

I'm aware of that. For example, if they are paying an actor $10,000 per episode it means they will get paid $ 220,000 for the year regardless. That doesn't mean he/she can't just come out in 4 or 5 episodes. I was just keeping in mind that in the past , Regulars who more than likely got paid a lot more then the Noobs first year as Regulars had limited episode outputs even though they were Regulars and were getting paid per episode. These Noobs are probably their least expensive payroll item so if they get cut more, it actually impacts the bottom line less, than say, the NY characters who probably get paid 75-100 K per episode. IF not using Regulars who got paid more in the past didn't stop them I just don't buy the argument that suddenly they can't limit their use because it's too expensive.
t

However, I don't think there is even a tiny bit of hope for this show. There is nothing inherently good about the NY setting. The three actors there are stronger, and the fact that they get 10 out of 40 minutes per episode means they aren't getting the lionshare of bad writing. As soon as the writers focus on NY--even if they *don't* bring Blam to NYC--it will go down the tubes.
I'm also aware that the writing will never be good on Glee. However, if we're talking about the actors for now in McKinley with SL's as opposed to the actors in NY, even in the overall hellhole of poor shitty writing there is no comparison. The show is lost, but even if the writers just focus on Rachel/Kurt/Santana as bad as their SL's will probably be, it will be infinitely better than the shitfest we get with the Blam/Noob fest currently. I never thought I would miss the salad days of Season 3 but that year looks like Nirvana now. I just hope for a smoother fall off the tracks and getting some nuggets along the way.

However even now, they have a far better grasp of the characters in NY with the writing , it's almost jarring the contrast. Plus I thought that the "Finn Tribute" had some decent writing, flawed as it was but it showed what the writers can pull out of their ass with well defined characters.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next