The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The People's Choice Awards 2014 Celebration Thread! Congrats, Chris!

Post  Buenos on 11/7/2013, 9:39 pm

I don't like voting against someone, just voting for those I like.

So yes, I'm voting for Chris and Lea in the Actor categories for TV comedy, and I do happen to think Klaine at their best have very good chemistry. Smile 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/7/2013, 11:54 pm

Buenos wrote:I don't like voting against someone, just voting for those I like.

So yes, I'm voting for Chris and Lea in the Actor categories for TV comedy, and I do happen to think Klaine at their best have very good chemistry.  Smile 
This is against Fox and RIB.

Plus I am a Chris fan, so that is my other reason as well. neutre
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 11/8/2013, 1:04 am

Chord just retweeted someone's tweet voting for Blam. It has 25 retweets so far.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/8/2013, 1:23 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Chord just retweeted someone's tweet voting for Blam.  It has 25 retweets so far.
Well, a day ago one Chris tweet for comedic actor got 67 retweets. And one has tweeted 1150 times as they add numbers to their tweets. Smile

I have now since yesterday voted 3400 times. This is faster than yesterday. I think I am starting to get into a rhythm.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 11/8/2013, 5:53 am

I decided to only vote for Chris and dismiss the on-screen chemistry now. I case Klaine wins (what I predict), I want RIB to see who of the two is actually the more popular and interesting one. In case Chris loses against the other three, I'd be sad but not heartbroken. The others deserve it just as much.

Otherwise, I do not have the patience to vote against a couple for another couple I frankly dislike. I rather use my dedication and time I have to give the votes to Chris, whom I really want to see to win.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  SkyMoon on 11/8/2013, 7:03 am

I haven't ever been this dedicated to voting in the PCA! I think it's definitely the fact that he is up against Darren that is motivating me.

Sorry in advance if this has already been suggested before, but I found that the iOS People's Choice app is the fastest way to vote. Unlike the website there was no delay at all between refreshing the category/voting. Once I got into the rhythm I was doing around 50 votes a minute. I haven't tried the facebook application, but I can't imagine it's faster than that!
SkyMoon
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/8/2013, 7:09 am

Lottie2303 wrote:I decided to only vote for Chris and dismiss the on-screen chemistry now. I case Klaine wins (what I predict), I want RIB to see who of the two is actually the more popular and interesting one. In case Chris loses against the other three, I'd be sad but not heartbroken. The others deserve it just as much.

Otherwise, I do not have the patience to vote against a couple for another couple I frankly dislike. I rather use my dedication and time I have to give the votes to Chris, whom I really want to see to win.
Chris fans are posting up the voting Facebook page to prove how many votes.

One did 5026. Shocked

I did another 2000 but added another 500 as Tuesday I will be volunteering all day.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/8/2013, 7:13 am

SkyMoon wrote:I haven't ever been this dedicated to voting in the PCA! I think it's definitely the fact that he is up against Darren that is motivating me.

Sorry in advance if this has already been suggested before, but I found that the iOS People's Choice app is the fastest way to vote. Unlike the website there was no delay at all between refreshing the category/voting. Once I got into the rhythm I was doing around 50 votes a minute. I haven't tried the facebook application, but I can't imagine it's faster than that!
Hi, Skymoon. baibai

I have that app as well and using it at night after finishing my 2000 on Facebook.

And the Facebook page is okay, once I got into a rhythm, but I heard the app is a lot faster.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 11/8/2013, 7:15 am

Someome posted over 7000 votes. I am not that dediacted Razz 

@SkyMoon: No, the facebook page doesn't allow me to vote that quick at all. However I am not owner of any apple products (I-Pad, I-Phone), so I have to rely on good old facebook/Twitter.

I also totally agree with you, I never ever voted this much in my life, This is going to be a bloodbath Razz 
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/8/2013, 7:19 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Someome posted over 7000 votes. I am not that dediacted Razz 

@SkyMoon: No, the facebook page doesn't allow me to vote that quick at all. However I am not owner of any apple products (I-Pad, I-Phone), so I have to rely on good old facebook/Twitter.

I also totally agree with you, I never ever voted this much in my life, This is going to be a bloodbath Razz 
It looks like the NPH fans are battling with us as well, but I adore NPH so would not be upset at all if he won. wub
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 11/8/2013, 7:26 am

It is the last season of HIMYM, so I totally believe he deserves the trophy as well. All four Emmy-nominees deserve the win. It is basically just a contest with the most dedicated fanbase, so lets see who wins. Considering Glee is divided between Chris and Darren, Neil actually has a very good chance.
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 on 11/8/2013, 10:47 am

I wouldn't mind if NPH won. It's his last season and he's a sweetheart and a good actor. However, I still want Chris to win as a way to stick it to Fox and RIB for sidelining him and turning him into a prop for Blam and the Pips.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." -Cory Monteith (May 11, 1982- July 13, 2013)
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina on 11/8/2013, 11:23 am

ColdFlame96 wrote:I wouldn't mind if NPH won. It's his last season and he's a sweetheart and a good actor. However, I still want Chris to win as a way to stick it to Fox and RIB for sidelining him and turning him into a prop for Blam and the Pips.
banzai  yes, perfectly said!
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 11/8/2013, 11:32 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Ireth wrote:Wow I didn't know about the twitter method...But I personally find the official website easy to vote on so I'm just using that neutre 
Me too. And when you get a good number of votes done, the clicking almost goes automatically.

Here's a tip that might help with the wrist fatigue: bounce 
When you vote you have to go back and forth between the categories, so this means that on a laptop or computer you have to shift your mouse quite a bit from one side of the screen to the other and back again.
You can limit that and make the space between the clicks you need smaller by making the page smaller.
You do that by clicking on "Ctrl" and "-".
If you do that a couple of times the page will shrink and the space between the buttons will be significantly smaller. neutre

This also helps if you keep a seperate tab open while doing other things on your computer (like watching a show or reading a forum or tumblr). You can make that tab really small using that method, and all you gotta do is hit the right buttons over and over again. fanny2

If you want the page bigger again: use "Ctrl" and "+".
Thanks so much for the tip bisou .

I'm fine with NPH winning, but I'm biased and want Chris to win, with the added reason of serving TPTB right for sidelining him.
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 11/8/2013, 12:11 pm

OK, honesty hour, I do find some satisfaction if Darren never wins the PCA, purely out of my own distrust for the guy. Parsons has been doing this thing for years, and probably will do a few more, he gets the real acting awards anyway being Sheldon so his fans are complacent or don't give a shit about PCA's. I have no idea if people still watch Modern Family, but because it's an ensamble cast and Mitchell is not everyone's favorite he's not going to give that many votes to Ferguson.

NPH has some serious fans and as some of you pointed out is on his last year with this show and his fans also know the rabidness of themselves and us. So unless Blarren stans don't really have the concentration and stamina it really is between Chris and NPH and I don't care if Chris loses to him. I'm silly and bitter and don't want Darren to win and "represent" the comedic acting of Glee. Because heaven knows I already have to explain why I watch Glee! And it's thousand times more difficult if he wins.

I can practically hear Darren fans rolling their eyes if they ever read what I just wrote but serves them right for coming to a thread where we discuss why we vote for Chris. Wink 
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 11/8/2013, 1:46 pm

Here's our inspiration for today. Glee tied it's lowest ratings ever last night:

Glee brought out all the big diva guns Thursday night, with New Directions covering Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, plus Adam Lambert making his debut on the cast.
And yet: Ratings fell to tie the show’s all-time low, registering only 4 million viewers and a 1.5 rating in the adult demo. Glee has previously had this rating, but it was on the night before Thanksgiving last year, which in the TV ratings universe is a quasi-holiday. So this is the first time Glee has fallen this low during a non-holiday-week telecast.
Of course, baseball has pre-empted Glee in recent weeks, so the musical comedy is returning after a break. But its last episode was the highly rated Cory Monteith tribute, so last night’s episode was down 46 percent from that.
Source:  http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/08/glee-ratings-low/

This just makes me want to vote more and harder for Chris, for Lea, and for Pezberry. I want to send a message to RIB saying that we still care enough about their best talent to give them votes. I want to sent RIB and Fox the message that NY is what we want, and what we care about and want--not McKinley and Blam.

For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina on 11/8/2013, 2:19 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Here's our inspiration for today.  Glee tied it's lowest ratings ever last night:

Glee brought out all the big diva guns Thursday night, with New Directions covering Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, plus Adam Lambert making his debut on the cast.
And yet: Ratings fell to tie the show’s all-time low, registering only 4 million viewers and a 1.5 rating in the adult demo. Glee has previously had this rating, but it was on the night before Thanksgiving last year, which in the TV ratings universe is a quasi-holiday. So this is the first time Glee has fallen this low during a non-holiday-week telecast.
Of course, baseball has pre-empted Glee in recent weeks, so the musical comedy is returning after a break. But its last episode was the highly rated Cory Monteith tribute, so last night’s episode was down 46 percent from that.
Source:  http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/08/glee-ratings-low/

This just makes me want to vote more and harder for Chris, for Lea, and for Pezberry.  I want to send a message to RIB saying that we still care enough about their best talent to give them votes.  I want to sent RIB and Fox the message that NY is what we want, and what we care about and want--not McKinley and Blam.
YES, this is exactly what I'm doing and I'll do, go vote, vote and vote more!
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/8/2013, 5:53 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:I decided to only vote for Chris and dismiss the on-screen chemistry now. I case Klaine wins (what I predict), I want RIB to see who of the two is actually the more popular and interesting one. In case Chris loses against the other three, I'd be sad but not heartbroken. The others deserve it just as much.
Same here. I decided to stop worrying about Klaine and concentrate on Chris instead. Because if Klaine wins (and there's a big chance they will) and then Chris also wins, it will send a clear signal.

If NPH wins I wouldn't mind either.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/9/2013, 8:20 am

I am still voting but I am not putting up how much I have reached in case there are spies.

My arm is really sore.

Others on tumblr seem be doing likewise not posting the amount they have reached.

I don't want to encourage a certain fandom in any way shape or form.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina on 11/9/2013, 8:46 am

I have kind of confession to make, while Chris is my favorite I did not put that much effort in the PCA voting last few years because this category has been usually only full of people I like and really enjoy in their roles, be it Neil, Jim Parsons, Jesse Ferguson or Cory two years ago... and winning of every one of them would not make me mad, they all are great. But this year.... while I like Darren as a person, I tremendously hate Blaine's character and also don't see Darrens's acting as anything special and really don't want Fox and Glee writers to have reason to give him even more screentime and songs (even though the win for Lea and Chris did not have any influence last year) ....
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/9/2013, 8:54 am

arina wrote:I have kind of confession to make, while Chris is my favorite I did not put that much effort in the PCA voting last few years because this category has been usually only full of people I like and really enjoy in their roles, be it Neil, Jim Parsons, Jesse Ferguson or Cory two years ago... and winning of every one of them would not make me mad, they all are great. But this year.... while I like Darren as a person, I tremendously hate Blaine's character and also don't see Darrens's acting as anything special and really don't want Fox and Glee writers to have reason to give him even more screentime and songs (even though the win for Lea and Chris did not have any influence last year) ....
When Corey was nominated as well I just could not vote. NPH won that year so I was happy. Smile
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 11/9/2013, 10:18 am

I've found a new tactic of voting that won't hurt my wrist too much because of the repetitive motion for longer periods of time:
Instead of putting in a couple of hundred votes at one time, I've conditioned myself to put in 50 votes every time I:
- change forums/tabs while I'm on my computer,
- after I for some reason step away from my laptop and come back (bathroom breaks!),
- everytime I see something negative about Glee, like a Blam spoiler. Smile

I vote while I'm eating or drinking something, when I'm listening to a song for my work or my reviews (which happens a lot on a normal day), and (along with voting simultaneously but slower when watching a show) during a commercial break on tv.

'Attaching' voting for a short but intense time to little, recurring moments during the day provides my body (and mind, 'cause voting is boring) with variety.
It sure beats voting hundreds of time in a row, as I'm just too restless to do that without wanting to scream or do some silly duck dance. danse3

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/10/2013, 8:11 am

Can someone tell me what 75k means as I don't know how many that is?
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 11/10/2013, 8:36 am

A k means 1000. So 75k would be 75,000.

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 11/10/2013, 8:40 am

Jellyrolls wrote:A k means 1000.  So 75k would be 75,000.
Chris votes on twitter are now 80,000.

There is a site you go to where they track how many tweets.
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top