Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

+25
ColdFlame96
opals
Divalicious
SippyCupofLuv
Buenos
arina
Ireth
msjoanlucette
AnneNeville
Georgette888
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
MoviesAreLife
coxfire
Piciollina
Lottie2303
fantastica
Jellyrolls
sheny
brisallie
ColferInspired
bayth
Glorfindel
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
29 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 2:32 pm

Listen I think I like Darren's voice better than most around here so maybe that's why I can't detect that damaged tone that everyone else talks about in his singing.  fanny2 

I do think there are other factors involved though.

IN season 2 when he was introduced with the Warblers he sounded his very best, but I don't think that's a coincidence.  First of all he had gorgeous Tuft Belzebub arrangements with their backup singing, their vocals were like buttha and there was nice layering.  And a very crucial  point: Darren would actually fly back East for the recordings and they would work on his tracks exclusively for a day or two to get it right.   It was like doing an album  so it was a luxury the other  Glee performers didn't have.  I thought Darren sounded great on those Warbler songs.

Back with the rest of Glee, they would still pile in the studio  In LA and record their tracks in one day with their usual rushed schedules.

So Darren sounding far better his  first year on the show makes sense to me.  In Season 3 with his first song "It's not Unusual" I could already tell the difference.   Don't get me wrong, I still think that he  can sound good on certain songs, but I don't think the "deterioration" of his voice is anything more than he doesn't get the special treatment he got back in Season 2.  I mean it worked out for him because of the separate Dalton SL, but it does point out how in prior seasons Glee would throw money out the window with production costs.  I can't imagine Glee doing that now.

Now he's reduced to rushing in and layering a track like everyone else on the show  and his vocal limitations can't be addressed specifically like they could be in Dalton Season 2 days.  It's sad because I think show ruined his appeal by overexposure and bad song selections, his songs now on ITUNES sell ass piss poor as the rest of them.

Chris OTHOH, I think his singing has improved though the years on Glee, his range seems deeper.  I would love to hear him sing "Defying Gravity" now, and I do think Season One Kurt would have had a harder time with "Bring him Home".

Kevin and Lea remain to me (along with Matt) the strongest vocalists, though I do find some of Lea's vocal tics annoying at times (Don't kick me out of the Lea camp, people) .  Alas Amber was so strong and she's another vocalist that never sounded bad in my ears but she's gone.  Naya is hit and miss with me, when she's good she's very good, and she can sell the emotions of the right song, but I just wish the show would give her jazzy bluesy numbers.  Light  Pop songs are not her forte nor strength.

Just to emphasize how much individual attention/time can help a performer, look at Amber Riley in DWTS. I think we all knew should could move, but look what the girl is capable of dance wise outside of Glee's rushed schedule.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18 - Page 38 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 18

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 2:42 pm

Moving' Out (Glee Cast Version)

Their voices sound so alike, at some point at thought it's just one singer singing the entire song.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/18/2013, 2:47 pm

@Buenos, I'm not klaine, but I see your point. If is supposed Klaine are engaged, why don't they have real duets, or why is only Blaine the one expressing his feelings? If they want to sell them as a couple who are meant to each other, at least for me they're not doing well.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 11/18/2013, 2:53 pm

brisallie wrote:@Buenos, I'm not klaine, but I see your point. If is supposed Klaine are engaged, why don't they have real duets, or why is only Blaine the one expressing his feelings? If they want to sell them as a couple who are meant to each other, at least for me they're not doing well.
That's the thing, the show has never ever had them sing a love song to each others as a couple. EVER. A song with romantic lyrics to so speak.

It's just so weird and bizarre.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 2:59 pm

Billy Joel is a tricky performer for other performers to cover because he is both singer and storyteller. I'll never qualify Joel has having a fantastic voice, but what he has is a way of translating the emotion of the stories in his songs in a very pure and genuine manner. Whether we're talking about the delusionment of The Stranger, the heartfelt love in Just the Way You Are, the urgency of The Downeaster Alexa, Joel is the medium that his stories are channeled through. To sing his songs well, you're got to have that same emotional honesty as a performer that I just don't think Darren possesses.

Piano Man is an interesting song, because it starts off with a quiet, almost bored tone as Joel recites the list of barflies about him, all of whom are past their primes. The old man with his gin who wants to hear "a memory". The businessman doing coke, the bartender who dreams of being a movie star if he could only escape the bar, the people without wives and families who go to the bar because they have nowhere else to go. And then we get the climax where the singer recognizes that he's one of them - at the bar because opportunity has passed him by. The slow build to that painful climax is what makes this song so facinating - how the singer first tries to seperate himself from his audience and then realizes that he's actually one of them. It requires a real maturity as a performer to sing well that I just don't see Darren capable of. You hear it at the very begining of the song that Darren is resorting to his vocal tricks to lend an emotion that this song requires but isn't coming from him. It's again the difference between singing notes and really singing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 3:04 pm

Buenos wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Buenos, I'm not klaine, but I see your point. If is supposed Klaine are engaged, why don't they have real duets, or why is only Blaine the one expressing his feelings? If they want to sell them as a couple who are meant to each other, at least for me they're not doing well.
That's the thing, the show has never ever had them sing a love  song to each others as a couple.   EVER.  A song with romantic lyrics to so speak.

I have to agree with both of you. So they want the audience to suspend disbelief and see that Klaine is actually perfect for one another? Give me valid reasons to change my mind! A forced proposal won't change it. The way they are written right now won't change it. Klaine just being together without proper SL and built-up won't change my mind. Give me god damn valid reasons. Give me valid scenes where the actors actually have to act and can discuss legit problems. Let them sing together. Them being endgame just because RIB says so, are no valid reasons. Argh!

@buenos: Thank you about the production schedule for S2 in regard to Darren. I didn't know that and it is food for thoughts.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/18/2013, 3:07 pm

@Buenos, Darren definitely sounded the best when he had the Beelzebubs backing him up in season 2.  They really masked the deficiencies in Darren's vocals quite well.  

In season 3, I thought Darren sounded good when they gave him songs within his range, but take him even a tiny step out of his range, and he just doesn't sound good (think WSS songs, My Favorite Things, even Love Shake to a certain extent come to mind).

But this year, I think his voice is in great decline.  He seems to be struggling more, especially when he has to do belting/screeching (like here on Piano Man and also GTGYIML).  His voice has taken a beaten (probably in large part do to his tour this summer).  Some of his songs this year have been painful to listen to (Hey Jude was dreadful--though his stans claim it was his best performance ever, really all of his Beatles songs were pretty bad, and Piano Man is a mess).

As I said, I think he sounds OK on Just The Way You Are because he is not oversinging--trying to outdo everyone else or screeching.

ETA: And please note, I'm not saying all this to be snarky. I am shocked by the amount of damage done to his voice in the past couple of years, and if he doesn't start taking care of his voice, his singing career will be over before he turns 30. I have friends who are Broadway actors and piano players at dueling piano bars, and I know the toll singing does on their voices night after night. They take care of their voices--don't talk too much before or after the show, drink lots of tea and water, get adequate rest. Darren may want to stop going to every red carpet event he gets invited to, and spend more time resting and taking care of his voice if he wants a prolonged singing career.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/18/2013, 3:21 pm

Unfortunately I don’t have much time right now because I have to work in a few minutes, but from what I can tell now about ‘Just The Way You Are’, my thoughts are:

- Chris sounds lovely, and Kim: I think he’s sung lower, but it’s low nonetheless.
- I don’t like Lea on her solo parts (too OTT), though her harmony with Darren is good, and Darren is okay too, when he's toned down like this.
- Chord is alright.
- Naya is not bad, but she doesn’t really fit in the song’s style.
- Again Kurt is getting less than Blaine, but I like their harmony so far because although Chris is singing a higher 2nd voice as usual, he isn’t forced in his high register while doing so.

I’ll listen to and comment on the rest of the songs after my work tonight (which will be in about 3-4 hours). neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/18/2013, 3:58 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
Buenos wrote:
That's the thing, the show has never ever had them sing a love  song to each others as a couple.   EVER.  A song with romantic lyrics to so speak.

I have to agree with both of you. So they want the audience to suspend disbelief and see that Klaine is actually perfect for one another? Give me valid reasons to change my mind! A forced proposal won't change it. The way they are written right now won't change it. Klaine just being together without proper SL and built-up won't change my mind. Give me god damn valid reasons. Give me valid scenes where the actors actually have to act and can discuss legit problems. Let them sing together. Them being endgame just because RIB says so, are no valid reasons. Argh!

Exactly. And I'm sorry to say this, but they shouldn't have addressed in last episode Klaine don't even have sexy cyber skype, because it sounds to me there must be somethng wrong, like there's no desire between them. I might understand both of them are tired due to their regular schedule, but they're a couple who engaged a month ago according to Glee timeline, which I've no idea in what universe they're, so for me they relationship must be in the happiest and most passionate moment. They must be blissful for getting married, but so far it seems like the engagement didn't make any change, and I'm sorry, but for what I've seen in real life, couples have broken up because of this.

As a non-klainer I don't mind about it, actually is fine. But if I were a klainer, I won't like to see how my OTP is being treated.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 4:02 pm

^ they are an "old" couple. no more sparks flying. very normal.

klainers can write their own fan fics and have them hump like bunnies all day long.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 4:07 pm

Yup, really I have a very hard time believing an 19 and 18 year old, sexually active, recently reconciled and engaged, male teenagers wouldn't jump each other every chance they got even if only via the internet. I hate that Kurt always will remain a baby penguin, even though he is sexually active since years now and wouldn't still be in S2 mindset. In case they actually would cover asexuality, go for it, but I know that wasn't their intention. So basically what they are telling me the two of them have zero desire and/and or sexually chemistry with one another. And I am supposed to root for them?

So once again, Klaine is all "tell but not show". Everyone just has to suspend disbelief and go along on the ride. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of Glee in S6 only Klaine/Blaine fans are still present, with a very limited few who couldn't bear to say goodbye to other characters. The rest of the audience still watching will eventually find the point to switch off for good permanently.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 11/18/2013, 4:18 pm

fantastica wrote:^ they are an "old" couple. no more sparks flying. very normal.

klainers can write their own fan fics and have them hump like bunnies all day long.
I know that through the time the spark goes, and the interaction between the couple becomes into a routine,and also I know relationships not only rely on sex. But we're talking about a couple who were separated from months, and now they're back together, and is supposed they're full of love and desire for each other. Please they reconciled a month ago.

I'm trying to think there's not much interaction, because FOX still has issues with portraying a gay couple as any other regular couple.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 4:29 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:@Buenos, Darren definitely sounded the best when he had the Beelzebubs backing him up in season 2.  They really masked the deficiencies in Darren's vocals quite well.  
To all here who don't care for Darren's voice: Is there a particular song that stands out in your memory as the moment you realized, "Hey, this guy's pretty limited vocally."?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 4:34 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:Yup, really I have a very hard time believing an 19 and 18 year old, sexually active, recently reconciled and engaged, male teenagers wouldn't jump each other every chance they got even if only via the internet.
The thing is that it's not Kurt who's uninterested in sex with Blaine. He's often the one initiating with hints and flirtations that Blaine just doesn't respond to. Even going all the way back to TFT when he talks about them ripping one another's clothes off and Blaine responds with the masturbation line. You would almost get the sense that Blaine just isn't sexually interested in Kurt if Kurt has to keep working so hard to keep Blaine's interest. Or that Blaine is more interested in the chase than he is keeping a relationship going once he's in it. He was all about chasing Sam as much as he was getting Kurt back, but now that he's got Kurt, it's like he lost interest again.

Kurt is showing a lot more confidence with both his body and his sexual appeal (as right he should). He should be able to get Blaine's motor running just by breathing.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 4:34 pm

^ I must say I really loved Darren's covers with the Warblers in Season 2 and also liked his voice a lot during that period. So I most certainly never hated Darren's singing. I noticed with "It's not unusual" that is voice started to sound off. However In cannot pinpoint when I noticed that I sincerely started to disliking his voice. Maybe around the time when I also noticed how favoured Darren is compared to almost all other characters on the show as I got more critical? That was "Come what may" which resulted within a very few days me to stop shipping, then liking and eventually despising Klaine. As well as the likability for Blaine decreased from my favorite, to lesser liked person, to most disliked character on the show. Mind you, it literally happened maybe within 3 - 4 days.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 11/18/2013, 4:37 pm

Ranwing wrote:Even going all the way back to TFT when he talks about them ripping one another's clothes off and Blaine responds with the masturbation line. You would almost get the sense that Blaine just isn't sexually interested in Kurt if Kurt has to keep working so hard to keep Blaine's interest. Or that Blaine is more interested in the chase than he is keeping a relationship going once he's in it. He was all about chasing Sam as much as he was getting Kurt back, but now that he's got Kurt, it's like he lost interest again.

Kurt is showing a lot more confidence with both his body and his sexual appeal (as right he should). He should be able to get Blaine's motor running just by breathing.
They should start a SL with Blaine being a serial cheater of even sex addict. Come on, it would give Blaine some much needed layers and maybe the audience would respond to him again. It would also fit Blaine's characterization.

Obviously Kurt could be teared away from Klaine and can have some sexytime with Elliott/Adam/Sebastian/all three of them.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 4:38 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:@Buenos, Darren definitely sounded the best when he had the Beelzebubs backing him up in season 2.  They really masked the deficiencies in Darren's vocals quite well.  
To all here who don't care for Darren's voice: Is there a particular song that stands out in your memory as the moment you realized, "Hey, this guy's pretty limited vocally."?
I was thinking it for a little while but so long as they kept him to light pop, his deficiencies weren't that noticable (or could be easily engineered so that he appeared better than he was). I agree with others who said that since he lost the backing of the Beelezbubs that a lot of the charm went with them. But it becomes really apparent when they give him a song that really requires a strong vocal instrument. Fighter was really the performance where his limitations were thrown into sharp relief and just couldn't be ignored.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 4:43 pm

^ suggest you guys take the analysis of dc's singing to SnB thread. neutre 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 4:44 pm

I remember being horrified by the WSS songs.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 4:52 pm

"Previously Unaired Christmas" Press Release

IT’S THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL THAT NEVER WAS (UNTIL NOW) ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, ON FOX

Sue Sylvester introduces the episode as a Christmas special that FOX did not allow to air from last year. The members of New Directions audition for roles in McKinley’s living Nativity Scene. Meanwhile in New York, Rachel, Kurt and Santana work as Santa’s elves at a mall in the all-new “Previously Unaired Christmas” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Dec. 5

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.
Guest Cast: Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste;

source
Santana was still in Louisville last Christmas. Rolling Eyes And Rachel was on a cruise with her dads.

Last edited by sheny on 11/18/2013, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 11/18/2013, 4:54 pm

^ they have amnesia. we all know that. i mean, they don't even remember when school years ends.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 4:56 pm

So, so dumb. But I knew this is what it was going to be. Why would Santana be there? Why would Rachel? And where is Brody, if Rachel is there?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 11/18/2013, 5:10 pm

"About the doctor!Blaine it was dropped out by the end of the episode so it’s all good my friends he’s back at perfomance and did the NYADA audition"

- Gi from GOB

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 11/18/2013, 5:10 pm

sheny wrote:
"Previously Unaired Christmas" Press Release

IT’S THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL THAT NEVER WAS (UNTIL NOW) ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, ON FOX

Sue Sylvester introduces the episode as a Christmas special that FOX did not allow to air from last year. The members of New Directions audition for roles in McKinley’s living Nativity Scene. Meanwhile in New York, Rachel, Kurt and Santana work as Santa’s elves at a mall in the all-new “Previously Unaired Christmas” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Dec. 5

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.
Guest Cast: Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste;

source
Santana was still in Louisville last Christmas. Rolling Eyes And Rachel was on a cruise with her dads.
Shhh... don't let little things like continuity spoil things. dryy 
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 11/18/2013, 5:11 pm

sheny wrote:
"About the doctor!Blaine it was dropped out by the end of the episode so it’s all good my friends he’s back at perfomance and did the NYADA audition"

- Gi from GOB
Why are there so many eye-roll-worthy things coming out today?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next