Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  ColferInspired on 3/20/2014, 9:54 pm

brisallie wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:^Probably that Chris may have the voice for Broadway, but not the charisma.  Rolling Eyes 
Aka: according to her Darren is the better 'performer' of the 2.  Laughing

Thanks.

I was thinking that probably she referred to stage presence. And...hahaha, how did she say that? Chris has charisma!

Chris is charismatic, as this is what they wanted for Robodog.

This a word that has been used a lot to describe Chris for years.

Chris just isn't a show off or desperate for attention, like some are.  dryy
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/21/2014, 12:08 am

ptdr
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/21/2014, 12:18 am

lissersbuell: Remember that time I did your touch ups under the clothing rack!
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 3/21/2014, 4:40 am

Arms. Chest. May we have a full length shot, please, lady?  miamiam 
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 11:23 am

I know it's not popular around here but I can easily see Chris working with Ryan Murphy again.

If Ryan has a good tempting role that Chris likes; all bets are off.

For example, the HBO " The Normal Heart" with Mark Ruffalo, Jim Parsons, Matt Bomer, and Julia Roberts is getting alot of good buzz, so yea, in the right role Chris is back.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/21/2014, 12:08 pm

I can picture Chris working with Ryan again, maybe on a movie project on a limited basis if the right role was offered to him, but if I were Chris, I would be very wary to jumping into another series with a long term contract with Ryan. Maybe something with a year or two commitment, but I wouldn't sign a 5 or 7 year contract with a Ryan project.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 1:04 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:I can picture Chris working with Ryan again, maybe on a movie project on a limited basis if the right role was offered to him, but if I were Chris, I would be very wary to jumping into another series with a long term contract with Ryan.  Maybe something with a year or two commitment, but I wouldn't sign a 5 or 7 year contract with a Ryan project.

Jellyrolls, I would agree, though I think Chris would also be wary of signing   for any long term contract for awhile.  It was telling that Kristin of E! told him that it was only a year and a half to go on Glee, and Chris answered basically it may seem like that, but that it was a  year and a half of 80 hour work weeks, etc so wouldn't whizz by.    So I think justifiably he's a little burned out by the grind of Glee, which I'm sure he realizes by  now is not the average TV show work schedule.  I doubt he will ever get a gig, short of say a Broadway show, that is as grueling over a long period of time.

After Glee ends next year, I wouldn't be surprised if he concentrates on an extended book tour for his 4th LOS book and then takes a long vacation break.  It seems that these LOS books are selling quite well, so he has a financial cushion most actors don't have.

Of course if a dream role comes his way, goodbye long vacation!   Razz
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/21/2014, 1:38 pm

it will be up to murphy - whether he will offer chris any roles. if the role is good i can totally see chris agreeing to it - who wouldn't? i highly doubt there will be a role from murphy to chris that requires another long term commitment though.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 1:42 pm

I do like that Ryan Murphy offered Chris a writing gig. Let's face it, as much as I think RM has underutilized Chris the last few years ,I'm sure Chris views him with a lot of appreciation. I have to remind myself that Glee was Chris' first professional job in Hollywood.

If his written episode is good, I could see Ryan letting Chris write more episodes next year.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/21/2014, 2:29 pm

one thing i am pretty sure about chris' writing - that it may not have any cultural references that only people in their middle ages or older would know. Similarly, he would likely mention stuff that only his generation or younger would know. It's actually a good thing.
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 2:34 pm

fantastica wrote:one thing i am pretty sure about chris' writing - that it may not have any cultural references that only people in their middle ages or older would know. Similarly, he would likely mention stuff that only his generation or younger would know. It's actually a good thing.

It's rare someone Chris age gets to write for a TV show for his demographic, ( I have to remind myself he's still only 23) I am so curious what he will do.
He said he gets to pick the songs, maybe it's me, but I understood that  usually Ryan picks the songs and the singers so I think that was part of the "bait" that Chris snapped at.

Why do I feel Lea is going to be tapping him on the shoulder 24/7 and telling him "You do realize you're my very best friend on Glee and here is a list of my favorite songs.."   coool
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 3/21/2014, 2:51 pm

Whatever frustrations we (and maybe Chris) might have with how Glee has gone for the past few years, we have to appreciate the fact that Ryan Murphy gave this young kid who has never acted professionally before a job and when he saw just how amazingly talented he was, allowed his character to gain a lot of focus and screen time. It if wasn't for Ryan, Chris wouldn't be on my tv screen every week, I might not have enjoyed reading the books he wrote and I wouldn't be looking foward to seeing him in future projects.

Yes, Murphy is a hack and a creep, but he recognized Chris's talent and brought him to the world so for that he will always have my gratitude. And giving him this chance to write an episode is certainly an indication that he still regards Chris with a lot of respect.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 2:54 pm

Ranwing wrote:Whatever frustrations we (and maybe Chris) might have with how Glee has gone for the past few years, we have to appreciate the fact that Ryan Murphy gave this young kid who has never acted professionally before a job and when he saw just how amazingly talented he was, allowed his character to gain a lot of focus and screen time. It if wasn't for Ryan, Chris wouldn't be on my tv screen every week, I might not have enjoyed reading the books he wrote and I wouldn't be looking foward to seeing him in future projects.

Yes, Murphy is a hack and a creep, but he recognized Chris's talent and brought him to the world so for that he will always have my gratitude. And giving him this chance to write an episode is certainly an indication that he still regards Chris with a lot of respect.

I just want Chris to do more movie or TV writing (along with acting ) and if Ryan is the "tool" in the future, so be it.  Razz I think Ryan gets distracted by other shiny toys but I never got the feeling that he ever didn't recognize what a find Chris was nor has he forgotten.

It's funny but there was a lot of rumor/buzz that Julia Roberts did not like working with him in "Eat, Pray, Love" and yet here she is working on another project with Ryan so in Hollywood I think it's "never say never" about any working combo.
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 3/21/2014, 3:14 pm

Buenos wrote:Why do I feel Lea is going to be tapping him on the shoulder 24/7 and telling him "You do realize you're my very best friend on Glee and here is a list of my favorite songs.."   coool

Darren too.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator

Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/21/2014, 3:24 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Buenos wrote:Why do I feel Lea is going to be tapping him on the shoulder 24/7 and telling him "You do realize you're my very best friend on Glee and here is a list of my favorite songs.."   coool

Darren too.

Although, it is up to him I hope Chris does not give Darren a solo.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 3:56 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

Darren too.

Probably, and don'y forget Amber and Kevin. Poor Chris, his workmates are going to be on his back 24/7 with their requests.... Razz 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 3/21/2014, 3:58 pm

I hope Chris will give himself as Solo.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 4:01 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:I hope Chris  will  give himself as Solo.

Make that one Solo, one duet with Mercedes, and one group number led by Kurt.

Oh hell, he should give himself two solos. coool 
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 3/21/2014, 4:40 pm

chris must give himself a solo, otherwise i will be so mad at him. seriously, he needs a friggin solo!
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 3/21/2014, 5:12 pm

fantastica wrote:chris must give himself a solo, otherwise i will be so mad at him. seriously, he needs a friggin solo!

Really! It's been almost a year since we've had one from him.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/21/2014, 5:17 pm

bayth wrote:
fantastica wrote:chris must give himself a solo, otherwise i will be so mad at him. seriously, he needs a friggin solo!

Really!  It's been almost a year since we've had one from him.

Seems more like:

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 3/22/2014, 1:40 am

Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 3/22/2014, 6:43 pm

Popwrapped love of Chris Colfer

March To The 100th Episode: How Glee’s Kurt Hummel Seduced The World And Stole Our Hearts
BOOKSFANDOM March 18, 2014 - 1 comment

Ben Patton
Senior Manager
@CincyBen

In 2009, the world was introduced to Chris Colfer and his beloved character, Kurt Hummel, on FOX’s ground-breaking musical smash hit, Glee. Chris played the fashionable, gay underdog to perfection, and the world instantly fell in love with the awkward and passionate, Kurt.

Oddly enough, Chris had originally auditioned for the part of Artie, who we know eventually, was portrayed by Kevin McHale. Show creator Ryan Murphy, however, was so impressed with the young Colfer that he scrapped a previous character to dream up the loveable Kurt.

And with that, a star was born.

Chris went on to win a Golden Globe, two People’s Choice awards and was nominated twice for Emmy awards for his portrayal of Kurt; who has arguably become one of TV’s most influential gay characters. Yes, we had Will & Grace, but never had a show (or character) dealt with so many current, real life issues that the youth in the LGBT face on a daily basis; head on and with no fucks given attitude.

Ryan Murphy helmed a revolution on TV using the characters in Glee to address topical, serious issues that the masses not only connected with, but learned from. This is made evident in posts similar to this one from the blog Why Glee Saved Me:

“I remember watching my first episode of Glee at my friend’s house and I fell in love with Kurt immediately. As I watched more episodes at home I realized what an amazing show Glee is and it really started to inspire me. At school people were ignoring or hating on me and at home my parents talked bad about me behind my back, that’s why I cried a lot. Glee gave me so much strength and courage, I’m so grateful this show exists. It taught me that it’s ok to be different and that everyone’s unique in their own way. Not only the characters but also the cast is extremely inspiring and they’re huge role models. They’ve changed me for the better and saved so many people’s lives. Thank you, Glee.”

Chris’s on-screen relationship with Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson) was dubbed “Klaine” by Gleeks and quickly gained a cult-following within the Glee universe. The on-screen dynamic and exploration of gay relationships pushed Glee into new territories and lezbehonest, Santana and Brittany played a part in steaming up our screens just as much, but I don’t think anyone was complaining.

Chris has had some incredibly memorable performances while on Glee; “Blackbird” being one of my personal favorites. “Rose’s Turn”, “Perfect” (with Darren Criss), “I Have Nothing” and of course “Defying Gravity.” The list could keep going…I know!

Favorite Chris Colfer Performances
Which Is YOUR Favorite Of Chris's Glee Performances?
Defying Gravity - ( 10 votes )
Blackbird - ( 18 votes )
Rose's Turn - ( 9 votes )
Not The Boy Next Door - ( 11 votes )
I Want To Hold Your Hand - ( 23 votes )
I Have Nothing - ( 9 votes )
Total Answers 91Total Votes 91Back To Vote

Aside from his many accomplishments on Glee, Chris has gained notoriety as a New York Times best-selling author with his book series, The Land of Stories; he has written, starred in and produced his own film called Struck by Lightning and he is set to make his voice acting debut in Robodog.

Personally, I cannot wait to see where Chris’s career takes him. I hope to see him on Broadway in the not-so-distant future, but I think the list is endless; album, more books, television and movie roles, clothing line…I really don’t think he can do any wrong, so I for one I’m anxiously awaiting to see where Chris takes us post-Glee and beyond.

Also, I think we’d make a fabulous couple…

So, to the awkward little boy we fell in love with, to the man who is already accomplished beyond his years…cheers to Chris Colfer (and Brian!); here’s to a long career of entertaining the masses and making us cry.
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight on 3/23/2014, 1:53 am

bayth wrote:Popwrapped love of Chris Colfer

March To The 100th Episode: How Glee’s Kurt Hummel Seduced The World And Stole Our Hearts
BOOKSFANDOM March 18, 2014 - 1 comment

Ben Patton
Senior Manager
@CincyBen

In 2009, the world was introduced to Chris Colfer and his beloved character, Kurt Hummel, on FOX’s ground-breaking musical smash hit, Glee. Chris played the fashionable, gay underdog to perfection, and the world instantly fell in love with the awkward and passionate, Kurt.

Oddly enough, Chris had originally auditioned for the part of Artie, who we know eventually, was portrayed by Kevin McHale. Show creator Ryan Murphy, however, was so impressed with the young Colfer that he scrapped a previous character to dream up the loveable Kurt.

And with that, a star was born.

Chris went on to win a Golden Globe, two People’s Choice awards and was nominated twice for Emmy awards for his portrayal of Kurt; who has arguably become one of TV’s most influential gay characters. Yes, we had Will & Grace, but never had a show (or character) dealt with so many current, real life issues that the youth in the LGBT face on a daily basis; head on and with no fucks given attitude.

Ryan Murphy helmed a revolution on TV using the characters in Glee to address topical, serious issues that the masses not only connected with, but learned from. This is made evident in posts similar to this one from the blog Why Glee Saved Me:

“I remember watching my first episode of Glee at my friend’s house and I fell in love with Kurt immediately. As I watched more episodes at home I realized what an amazing show Glee is and it really started to inspire me. At school people were ignoring or hating on me and at home my parents talked bad about me behind my back, that’s why I cried a lot. Glee gave me so much strength and courage, I’m so grateful this show exists. It taught me that it’s ok to be different and that everyone’s unique in their own way. Not only the characters but also the cast is extremely inspiring and they’re huge role models. They’ve changed me for the better and saved so many people’s lives. Thank you, Glee.”

Chris’s on-screen relationship with Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson) was dubbed “Klaine” by Gleeks and quickly gained a cult-following within the Glee universe. The on-screen dynamic and exploration of gay relationships pushed Glee into new territories and lezbehonest, Santana and Brittany played a part in steaming up our screens just as much, but I don’t think anyone was complaining.

Chris has had some incredibly memorable performances while on Glee; “Blackbird” being one of my personal favorites. “Rose’s Turn”, “Perfect” (with Darren Criss), “I Have Nothing” and of course “Defying Gravity.” The list could keep going…I know!

Favorite Chris Colfer Performances
Which Is YOUR Favorite Of Chris's Glee Performances?
Defying Gravity - ( 10 votes )
Blackbird - ( 18 votes )
Rose's Turn - ( 9 votes )
Not The Boy Next Door - ( 11 votes )
I Want To Hold Your Hand - ( 23 votes )
I Have Nothing - ( 9 votes )
Total Answers 91Total Votes 91Back To Vote

Aside from his many accomplishments on Glee, Chris has gained notoriety as a New York Times best-selling author with his book series, The Land of Stories; he has written, starred in and produced his own film called Struck by Lightning and he is set to make his voice acting debut in Robodog.

Personally, I cannot wait to see where Chris’s career takes him. I hope to see him on Broadway in the not-so-distant future, but I think the list is endless; album, more books, television and movie roles, clothing line…I really don’t think he can do any wrong, so I for one I’m anxiously awaiting to see where Chris takes us post-Glee and beyond.

Also, I think we’d make a fabulous couple…

So, to the awkward little boy we fell in love with, to the man who is already accomplished beyond his years…cheers to Chris Colfer (and Brian!); here’s to a long career of entertaining the masses and making us cry.

This reads like a love letter to Chris. Really won't mind seeing more of these online Smile 
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 3/23/2014, 10:37 pm

I would definitely watch it.  neutre
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down