Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Glorfindel on 1/21/2014, 6:13 am

^Wow, that's amazing!   Smile 

Maybe with enough pressure and pleading from several media and important theatre people Glee might be persuaded to give Chris some time off for Peter Pan. It would be great pubilicity for both Fox and NBC.

But regardless if somehow it's possible that Chris gets the part: the recognition that he could do it and people recommend him for it is praise enough as it is.  neutre

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Lottie2303 on 1/21/2014, 7:02 am

I know NBC is a competitor of FOX, but still, they would benefit from Chris being part of Peter Pan. In case Chris would be successful, his name would always be associated with Glee, and people would take notice of Chris. A few would at least be interested in Glee just because of Chris performance.

This really kills me, because Chris is such an obvious choice. No matter who else will be announced, I will be disappointed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 1/21/2014, 7:08 am

sheny wrote:USA Today posted a video with their suggestions for the role of Peter Pan. Guess who is the list?

Who should play NBC’s Peter Pan?:  Zac Efron, Darren Criss, Adam Lambert, Justin Timberlake and Neil Patrick Harris.

video

I don't know if I should be upset because they didn't include Chris, who would be perfect for the role or laugh at their stupid suggestions.

I don't understand why all of the suggested guys are 30, some even 40 years old. Is that the requirement for the role?

It's impossible to take this list at all seriously because she didn't pick a single performer that is at all appropriate to play the part. I love Adam Lambert, but really? He's not only much too old but looks much too old. Peter Pan is the boy that refused to grow up, so why did she pick nothing but men who very much look their ages?

Yeah... the comment about Darren having the Broadway experience...  lol! He could never handle the character and his voice is completely wrong (too dark). Nevermind the fact that he doesn't look anything close to teenager-ish.

Glorifindel wrote:But regardless if somehow it's possible that Chris gets the part: the recognition that he could do it and people recommend him for it is praise enough as it is.

The fact that it's serious media people bringing up Chris as a potential for the part is amazing. And needs to be taken seriously. This means a great deal more than a USA blogger flogging her personal favs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 Tumblr_inline_mxgktfFg8R1rsx0ur
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/21/2014, 11:07 am

sheny wrote:
bayth wrote:They could hire Blarren and then he would be away from Blee for several weeks.   Smile 

USA Today posted a video with their suggestions for the role of Peter Pan. Guess who is the list?

Who should play NBC’s Peter Pan?:  Zac Efron, Darren Criss, Adam Lambert, Justin Timberlake and Neil Patrick Harris.

video

I don't know if I should be upset because they didn't include Chris, who would be perfect for the role or laugh at their stupid suggestions.

I don't understand why all of the suggested guys are 30, some even 40 years old. Is that the requirement for the role?

This woman obviously has no clue about Peter Pan.  Neil, Justin, and Adam are much too old.  Darren looks to old.  Zac is the only one who could kind of pull it off, but even he looks a bit too old for it.  I would fully support Darren doing it if it kept him off Glee for a few months, though Wink

I agree Chris would be a much better choice than any of them because he is so young looking.

I think they are far more likely to go with someone from a boy band with a bit of a name (some one like Nick Jonas, maybe, though he may be a bit old for it too), or some ex Disney or Nick kid.

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 S2e18-69405a-31c211d
Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 Tumblr_mjd79iNp3m1qf87mzo1_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 1:22 pm

One of the band members of " One Direction" would also fit the role better physically, though again the acting question mark which was the big thing with Carrie Underwood looms. Nick Jonas seems too beefy for the role. Bruno Mars would be an interesting choice.

Justin Beiber has done a little acting but let get real, the boy is getting a rep for bizarre behavior.

Still surprised they didn't choose "Oklahoma" and commit High Jackman who has done it already on stage.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 1/21/2014, 3:09 pm

It would be so nice to see him do it. I still hold my hopes up that if del Toro ever does the Pinocchio film that has been rumoured that Chris would voice/give features to his dark Pinocchio. Peter Pan is a good close second.

Although I'm certain if these people making/directing Peter Pan have thought of Chris already. It would be such a chicken move if they stunt cast it with someone who doesn't have the real chops to do it ie. Bieber, 1D member etc. just to get the teen girls to watch it. If quality is their main importance I'm sure Broadway is full of young, tiny boys with an amazing voices. They could then focus getting the real "big name" to do Captain Hook.

This idea gets me so exited. I admit I loved the previous movie adaptation with Dustin Hoffman as Capt Hook. I'm a sucker for all the lost boys and fairies. hapitgh 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 3:16 pm

Hugh Laurie as Captain Hook!

Or Hugh Jackman, though he's probably too "big" a star for the role.

Then let's get Richard Amritage.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/21/2014, 4:42 pm

^ hay don't cross that out!  Smile 

i have my feet firmly on teh ground for chris as peter pan. no chris no pan. no pan no omlet. no omlet no breakfast. no breakfast no sanity. no sanity no pain. no pain no gain. ok i am running of words to say.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 5:25 pm

fantastica wrote:^ hay don't cross that out!  Smile 

Fantastica I don't want to jinx it.   tonguue
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/21/2014, 5:48 pm

^ Richard's nose looks pretty sinister. Smile he did play a character wearing an eye patch in the play on stage last week. but i am afraid to dream. it will be like winning a lottery for your fav to be on a particular show, and i can't imagine both of my favs to be in the same show, ever.

i only know 3 characters in this story: peter, wendy, captain hook. who else are in there?

what if we start a twitter campaign #ChrisColfer4PeterPan?  if it can trend it may get more TPTB's attention. i know the chance of chris working on a competing network is very slim but it won't hurt to try. i mean it doesn't cost a penny to start a twitter campaign right?

p.s. if DC gets the peter pan role i will join al-qaeda and blow myself up.

Last edited by fantastica on 1/21/2014, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 5:49 pm

fantastica wrote:what if we start a twitter campaign #ChrisColfer4PeterPan?  if it can trend it may get more TPTB's attention. i know the chance of chris working on a competing network is very slim but it won't hurt to try. i mean it doesn't cost a penny to start a twitter campaign right?

i only know 3 characters in this story: peter, wendy, captain hook. who else are in there?

Tinker bell is just a flash right if I recall.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/21/2014, 5:55 pm

oh yeah i forgot about her. but i don't remmeber much about her. she is like a fairy or something right?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 1/21/2014, 6:00 pm

fantastica wrote:oh yeah i forgot about her. but i don't remmeber much about her. she is like a fairy or something right?

"I'm like Tinkerbell, I need applause to LIVE!" -Rachel Berry.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 1/21/2014, 6:04 pm

There are like a bunch of people they have to cast: Wendy Darling (who I wanted to be as a kid) and her two brothers John aaaand Mike? (blanking out now), Tinkerbell the small fairy, a group of Lost Boys that end up in Neverland if no one misses them after they go missing. (That consept is a bit flawed though.) Neverland itself is filled with interesting characters and things.

And of course Captain Hook and his crew, especially Mr.Smee, who would also be a good name-casting opprtunity for comedy gold.

I'm over thirty and I now want to read the book again! Smile 
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/21/2014, 6:21 pm

chris' xmas elf custume looks so much like peter fan's in the cartoon - in fact it's exactly the same except peter's cloth is a solid green and not stripped green.

chris has been wanting to "fly" and do some acrobatic stunts on a set for a long time. it would be a dream role for him.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 on 1/21/2014, 8:37 pm

Yeah, the boys are John and Michael. Then there are Mr and Mrs Darling. And Nana, the Newfoundland nurse, of course! lol
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 8:46 pm

Blink and you miss Gwyneth Paltrow as Wendy in the "Hook" movie.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  mindschemez on 1/22/2014, 4:27 am

Ugh, so i really really want Chris as Peter Pan now! The recent Glee BTS Twitter/Instagram photos, and Kalen's Benjamin Buttoning comments aren't helping. And I'm loving that industry folks are thinking Chris too. Hopefully..1.)the producers are listening, and 2.) the powers that be can work something out should it come to it.

mindschemez
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 1/22/2014, 4:37 am

mindschemez wrote:Ugh, so i really really want Chris as Peter Pan now! The recent Glee BTS Twitter/Instagram photos, and Kalen's Benjamin Buttoning comments aren't helping. And I'm loving that industry folks are thinking Chris too. Hopefully..1.)the producers are listening, and 2.) the powers that be can work something out should it come to it.

As Peter Pan never grew up those comments may help! You don't know who is lurking on twitter
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/22/2014, 4:49 am

We need a campaign going!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/22/2014, 6:10 am

^I think it's already well on its way, with all the tweeting and tumblr posts I've seen about it.

The Colfer army strikes again!  Razz

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 1/22/2014, 6:30 am

Yeah, but also a Darren and Chris fan war happened.  Shocked 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/22/2014, 6:59 am

^That is sort of par of the course these days, alas.   Rolling Eyes 

But what counts for me is that media and professional theatre people have suggested Chris for Peter Pan. That is quite a vote of confidence in Chris' talents, imo, plus 'proof' of his name being well-known in the business, and a promise for future career options.

And on a more personal level: with what happened on tumblr last night (last night for me, that is) I'm glad the "Chris hates singing" debate got settled and firlmy rebuted.
(Although it probably won't be enough to stop that rumor from resurfacing ad nauseum again and again anyway.  dryy)

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas on 1/22/2014, 7:29 am

I do think both Darren and Chris fans sometimes suffer from the same syndrome where we just want to see the guys in something because we just want and need it so badly.

I do think there is a difference in the fact that where we, as Chris fans, think Chris will suit in already. I don't think a lot of Chris fans seriously thought he'd be eligable for example Christian Grey in 50 Shades or any other part actors like Channing Tatum or Matt Bomer get cast in. Good ideas and fun to ponder over but seriously get excited over that kind of crossover is just silly.

That is why I think saying Darren cannot play Peter Pan vs. Chris probably could shoudn't be seen as a declaration of wars. It's just a question of reality...IF they are doing the traditional Peter Pan.

In Hook Robin Williams played Peter, so I guess it depends what their take is. Is Peter white, is the original setting British, how old will they make Wendy's casting choice etc.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 1/22/2014, 5:24 pm

I'm not saying this because I'm a Chris fan, but objectively he will fits more into the Peter Pan archetype. For his age, Chris still looks like a teen, and I personally see Peter Pan more tall and lean. But putting aside physical features, I see him playing a character all funny and adventorous. But as someone said, everything depends on what's going to be the focus, it could an story with a young Peter Pan or something along the lines of Hook.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 21 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next