Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Ranwing on 1/20/2014, 5:13 pm

bayth wrote:They could hire Blarren and then he would be away from Blee for several weeks.   Smile 

You really want the concept to fail, don't you?  tonguue 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_mxgktfFg8R1rsx0ur
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 5:15 pm

Ranwing wrote: 
Buenos wrote:Oh well, for all we know Daniel Radcliffe has aleardy signed for the role. Smile 

Doubt it, considering that he's comitted for another Broadway show - "The Cripple of Inishmaan" (which I cannot wait to see).  suspectt

While I was half joking, Daniel Radcliffe is going to do that BW play for a limited engagement, starting in April and ending in July.

If NBC is airing that live Peter Pan again in December, it's more then enough planning time if they wanted someone like Radcliffe.  Of course this is all speculation, but it just would seem odd if NBC didn't have someone big already in mind for such a "solo star" focused production.  It's basically Peter Pan, (can't recall if Captain Hook as a big role) and no on else, (unlike say "The Sound of Music" where you have 4 -5 good sized star turn roles).
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 1/20/2014, 5:33 pm

Ranwing wrote:
bayth wrote:They could hire Blarren and then he would be away from Blee for several weeks.   Smile 

You really want the concept to fail, don't you?  tonguue 

Heh. I would really love to see Chris play the role, but since I doubt that would happen getting gel head off of Glee for a few weeks is golden.  tonguue 
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 5:52 pm

Sigh, I guess there is still no news on the bio pic Chris is attached to.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/20/2014, 6:19 pm

That would be great. Then I would watched again at least until Darren /Blaine returns to Glee.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 6:36 pm

Other than "I can fly" does anyone know the songs of Peter Pan and if they are within Cris's vocal range?

I don't seem to recall too many memorable numbers from that Broadway show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/20/2014, 6:47 pm

no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give chris a break and let him play peter pan for a change. he's too good to play kurt alone. it will be great for his career. i don't want to watch glee anyway. let blarren hog the spot light there. get ma bb outta there and onto something new. i have always wanted him to play peter pan. please lord i beg you to let chris get that role somehow miraculously!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing on 1/20/2014, 6:56 pm

Buenos wrote:Other than "I can fly" does anyone know the songs of Peter Pan and if they are within Cris's vocal range?

There's not a single song for the character that's not well within Chris's comfort range to sing. And he would be amazing on songs like "I've Gotta Crow" and "I Won't Grow Up". He can pretty much do the whole show in the middle part of his range depending on what key they decide to use for the performance.

I'm really amazing that they have never used a male performer to play the part because too often, it's hard to suspend disbelief and ignore the fact that the actor is a woman playing a young boy/man. But they wrote the part to be played by a woman. Go figure.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_mxgktfFg8R1rsx0ur
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/20/2014, 8:01 pm

Ranwing wrote:
Buenos wrote:Other than "I can fly" does anyone know the songs of Peter Pan and if they are within Cris's vocal range?

There's not a single song for the character that's not well within Chris's comfort range to sing. And he would be amazing on songs like "I've Gotta Crow" and "I Won't Grow Up". He can pretty much do the whole show in the middle part of his range depending on what key they decide to use for the performance.
I concur.  fanny2 

The problem would certainly not be Chris' voice or vocal range. The problem would be if he could get his nerves under control when singing live on national tv. But if Chris thinks he's up to it than I'd also say he would be perfect for the part.

I'm really amazing that they have never used a male performer to play the part because too often, it's hard to suspend disbelief and ignore the fact that the actor is a woman playing a young boy/man. But they wrote the part to be played by a woman. Go figure.
I also never understood why they wanted to cast a woman as Peter Pan. Surely there are enough talented young men with a thin frame and a kid's face on Broadway and elsewhere in the musical theatre industry who could literally fit that part?

I get the need for a high pitched voice, as Peter never grew up and therefore his voice never changed and went lower in pitch, but there are also enough of those young men I just described with a bright (counter-) tenor voice and timbre.

Chris would be absolutely perfect as Peter Pan. And now I want it to happen. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Ab-uglycrying

Glorfindel
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/20/2014, 8:04 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzpxu0p8Ns1rp74xfo1_400
"We love Chris Colfer" is trending today.   neutre

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 8:10 pm

Well Chris sang live on the Glee tour in front large audiences so in a weird way singing live in a NBC studio just with technicians around might be easier.  saispa 

It was odd how "the Sound of Music " cast didn't have a live audience to feed off of, which I always thought was the whole point of a live performance.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/20/2014, 8:21 pm

^I didn't see the Sound of Music live, so I didn't know they had no real live audience.
That's weird, isn't it?  Shocked 

On the one hand it's just the technicians in the room where you're singing, so a singer might be more able to concentrate and be less nervous (if he 'forgets' it's still broadcasted live to millons of people). But otoh it does seem less exciting and stimulating to not have a real audience to react to you and to feed off of. What's the fun in that?
It sort of negates the whole 'live' concept, imo.  unsure

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/20/2014, 8:41 pm

i think chris will be fine. he had sung on live stages before and he's had plenty of practices singing on glee. he wants to work on stage again in the future and this role is just perfect for him. how many adult male with a high pitched voice who can sing and act equally well and who has a slim, youthful figure? i hope the producers actively seek chris out.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 9:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^I didn't see the Sound of Music live, so I didn't know they had no real live audience.
That's weird, isn't it?  Shocked 

On the one hand it's just the technicians in the room where you're singing, so a singer might be more able to concentrate and be less nervous (if he 'forgets' it's still broadcasted live to millons of people). But otoh it does seem less exciting and stimulating to not have a real audience to react to you and to feed off of. What's the fun in that?
It sort of negates the whole 'live' concept, imo.  unsure

It's sort of being used as a gimmick for NBC I think, and while the novelty of "The Sound of Music" live had a certain appeal, and LBR, 'the Sound of Music' is probably one of the broadest family friendly shows around, I don't think it's going to be as special an event the second time and then third time around.

However considering the amount of crap the networks throw out there I'm hoping these live broadcasts continue to be successful and become a tradition.

Musicals on TV do pop up fairly often, I remember in the last 15-20  years they did "Cinderella" with Brandy, ' The Music Man' " Bye bye Birdie" " Annie" "Gypsy" among others.  

I would think that NBC would be better off throwing out a more contemporary musical such as "Mama Mia" , or else something with several leads, such as "Oklahoma" or "South Pacific"  but what do I know?
Seriously I can't think of any name actor other than Chris for Peter Pan.   Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/20/2014, 9:28 pm

i am sure the producers heard of chris. it's impossible for someone who does musicals who has not seen glee and never noticed a high voiced male who also won a golden globe and got twice nominated for an emmy and once nominated for SAG. i really hope they will seek him out. the fact that they indicate they are looking for a male to play peter is a good sign. yes i am very hopeful - someone like me who is hopeful! i need hope to live. i hate what glee has done to me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 9:51 pm

Just dressed as an elf in "Unaired Christmas Episode" should show the producers he's ideal for the role.  Razz 

There is an ethereal look to Chris which is timeless and suits Peter Pan.

On stage with some Shakespeare? believe it or not I would love to see his take on Romeo and Juliet, his Romeo would still have the bloom of youth.  neutre 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 1/20/2014, 11:10 pm

fantastica wrote:

no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give chris a break and let him play peter pan for a change. he's too good to play kurt alone. it will be great for his career. i don't want to watch glee anyway. let blarren hog the spot light there. get ma bb outta there and onto something new.  i have always wanted him to play peter pan. please lord i beg you to let chris get that role somehow miraculously!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

*note the smiley face* I was the one that originally brought the article over with the title that Chris would be perfect for Peter Pan. I would love to see it happen, but the logistics will be difficult.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/20/2014, 11:19 pm

bayth wrote:

*note the smiley face*  I was the one that originally brought the article over with the title that Chris would be perfect for Peter Pan. I would love to see it happen, but the logistics will be difficult.

He would probably need 3-4 weeks off Glee at the least, which would be missing an episode.

It's possible since last year they didn't use him for 3 entire episodes and at at least another 2 or 3 he was used for one single scene.  

They rehearsed in New York and not LA for the NBC "Sound Of Music" last year.  So there's that too.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 1/21/2014, 4:19 am

USA Today posted a video with their suggestions for the role of Peter Pan. Guess who is the list?

Who should play NBC’s Peter Pan?:  Zac Efron, Darren Criss, Adam Lambert, Justin Timberlake and Neil Patrick Harris.

video

I don't know if I should be upset because they didn't include Chris, who would be perfect for the role or laugh at their stupid suggestions.

I don't understand why all of the suggested guys are 30, some even 40 years old. Is that the requirement for the role?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 4:41 am

Please, Neil Patrick Harris is 40 years old ... Rolling Eyes 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Empty this says it all

Post  Kurt addict on 1/21/2014, 4:48 am

Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Empty oops

Post  Kurt addict on 1/21/2014, 4:48 am

Embarassed 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict on 1/21/2014, 4:49 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqd64R5me1sg9z6fo1_1280

oops try again Embarassed 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 1/21/2014, 5:14 am

Theatre/media people suggesting Chris as NBC’s Peter Pan

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro2_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro3_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro3_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro4_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro5_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 20 Tumblr_mzqr8duCRS1qh5dyro6_500
(NewNowNext)

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/21/2014, 6:07 am

NBCnewyork.com

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/the-scene/NBC-Picks-Peter-Pan-241094561.html

Executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, who also produced last year’s hit “The Sound of Music Live,” will once again return as producers. No casting has been announced yet, but Greenblatt mentioned that the role of Peter, traditionally played by a woman, would likely go to a male actor. (Calling Chris Colfer…).
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next