Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

+28
MoviesAreLife
Piciollina
sjonnepon
angelnessa
Georgette888
valkeakuulas
Delight
M&M
Divalicious
Ireth
ColdFlame96
SippyCupofLuv
coxfire
Lottie2303
sheny
opals
arina
fantastica
bayth
AnneNeville
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
brisallie
tanita_mors
Buenos
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
32 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 12:47 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:
I do believe working with him is a real nightmare. Having a small Stalin running the show, never knowing when he's going to throw you to the wolves. Even a "big" episode like the next one doesn't reign in his tongue. And we have all these spoilers and ads pushed about The Quarterback when nothing disrespectful was supposed to happen. Someone's scared about the ratings.
Let's be real, they were never going to be "respectful" about 5x3. Never. I'm working so hard not to say anything about my concerns and doubts about that episode, since I know that some people don't want any critiques about how it's being handled.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 17

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 12:49 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Another recycled storyline. Rolling Eyes 

Remember the uproar with "Toxic", well they are doing a scene with the school board and towns people, parents in episode 5.

Let me guess they do twerking for a performance at assembly. dryy
OMG, you're probably right. Except it'll be Blaine doing "Blurred Lines."

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 12:51 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
fantastica wrote:He is telling the truth but it's not a duet. Its a quartet. We already knew.
Maybe there is also a duet in the episode. I girl can dream. Pretty please :( 
After seeing the song list for the next episodes, I'm not so excited. Yes, I hope Kurt gets a good song. I'd love him to sing something like Piano Man, which always makes me cry, when he's closing up the diner.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 12:54 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:^ It is basically a song condemning rape culture and objectifying woman. It has a disgusting video, a parody with swapped genders got banned on YT because of the objectification of males (no kidding), and got banned in several night clubs in the UK. It has started a big controversy and by Glee using it, they most surely make a very misogynistic statement. It is plain disgusting and stupid they use this song.
Except instead of "condemning" rape culture, it glorifies it. It says that women don't mean "No" when they say no. That there are 'blurred lines' about consent, and that the singer "knows you want it" even if you say you don't.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 1:03 pm

AnneNeville wrote:Let's be real, they were never going to be "respectful" about 5x3. Never. I'm working so hard not to say anything about my concerns and doubts about that episode, since I know that some people don't want any critiques about how it's being handled.

Feel free to PM me. I am also holding back some thoughts that will not be welcomed.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 1:04 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:^ It is basically a song condemning rape culture and objectifying woman. It has a disgusting video, a parody with swapped genders got banned on YT because of the objectification of males (no kidding), and got banned in several night clubs in the UK. It has started a big controversy and by Glee using it, they most surely make a very misogynistic statement. It is plain disgusting and stupid they use this song.
Except instead of "condemning" rape culture, it glorifies it. It says that women don't mean "No" when they say no. That there are 'blurred lines' about consent, and that the singer "knows you want it" even if you say you don't.
Shit, I totally used the wrong word. This happens when I write while being tired. Yes, I wanted to use 'glorify' or something similar. You are totally correct.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/8/2013, 1:09 pm

I don't know what's ticking me off more - the fact that Glee is touching both twerking and "Blurred Lines", or the fact that all of this stuff hits the public consciousness during the summer. Long after the school year that RM insisted on stretching out from last season was supposed to end!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 1:19 pm

^ In this case, I'm going to put the disgust that their making money off a reprehensible song before my dislike of the bad timeline. I mean, there is a part of me that thinks 'if they use Blurred Lines to point out that Blaine is not respectful of consent,' then at least it is *useful* plot-wise. But even if they did finally acknowledge Blaine's assault of Kurt, the PTB are still going to be trying to make money off of the song. Ick.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/8/2013, 1:28 pm

^ That was my first though, they will address the car park scene and find some stupid apology! Maybe Kurt will even defend Blaine... I can totally see that. Especially because the car park scene is the main argument for everyone why Klaine is unhealthy. They already kicked Kurtsies/Kadamers in the guts during the first episode. I bet they'll continue to do it by using Blurring Lines.

Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2013, 1:37 pm

They won't be using Blurred Lines to address the carpark thing. That happened two years ago now, and obviously they don't think it was an issue then, and they probably have long since forgotten about it anyways.

If Blaine sings it, it's going to be like "Last Friday Night." Just a random song that Blainey boy likes and wants to sing.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/8/2013, 1:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:They won't be using Blurred Lines to address the carpark thing. That happened two years ago now, and obviously they don't think it was an issue then, and they probably have long since forgotten about it anyways.

If Blaine sings it, it's going to be like "Last Friday Night." Just a random song that Blainey boy likes and wants to sing.
I agree, because they would have to talk about sex and gay sex of all! They will never get a permit to even talk about rape or the fact that even guys can get raped. It's once again Glee trying or pretending to talk about controversial issues. And besides IMO with Blaine, alcohol and sex are very murky waters and talkng about those would tarnish the golden boy too much.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/8/2013, 1:53 pm

You know, since they are saying that Marley is singing Wrecking Ball, maybe they are having Jake sing Blurred Lines (in continuity of Jake singing songs/wanting to sing songs by Chris Brown and Bobby Brown). And maybe they'll redo the Robin/Miley thing at the VMA's with Jake and Marley or something like that.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 5:19 pm

^That's possible, but OTOH Darren said that he wanted to sing 'Blurred Lines' on Glee, and we all know that Darren always gets what he wants.

Lottie2303 wrote:
AnneNeville wrote:Let's be real, they were never going to be "respectful" about 5x3. Never. I'm working so hard not to say anything about my concerns and doubts about that episode, since I know that some people don't want any critiques about how it's being handled.
Feel free to PM me. I am also holding back some thoughts that will not be welcomed.
Please, if you put them behind spoiler bars in here, with maybe a warning that it will be complaints/critiques/doubts, I think it's fine, and I'm interested to hear them.
I also have some concerns about the episode, although I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, so no raging yet, just concerns.

AnneNeville wrote:^ In this case, I'm going to put the disgust that their making money off a reprehensible song before my dislike of the bad timeline. I mean, there is a part of me that thinks 'if they use Blurred Lines to point out that Blaine is not respectful of consent,' then at least it is *useful* plot-wise. But even if they did finally acknowledge Blaine's assault of Kurt, the PTB are still going to be trying to make money off of the song. Ick.
banzai  This. It's a perfect way to not condone with the song's content but still having it on the show.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 5:25 pm

Episode 5 is titled “The End of Twerk” and airs on November 14. Here’s what we know about the episode so far, according to spoilers. A casting call went out for a tattoo artist. At least one NYC Gleekster is getting some ink. Also, a new bully is being cast to terrorize the kids at McKinley.

The End of Twerk - Song Spoilers

“You are Woman, I am Man” from Funny Girl
“Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke
“If I Were A Boy” by Beyonce
“Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus
“On Our Way” Not sure, but it could be THIS (or maybe an original song?)

Episode 6 looks to be a Billy Joel tribute! The title is “Movin Out.” Spoilers report that current high school seniors, Blaine and Sam, will be making their post-graduation plans, with Blaine and Kurt reuniting in NYC.

“Movin’ Out” – Song Spoilers

“Movin’ Out”
“Piano Man”
“My Life”
“Honesty”
“An Innocent Man”
“Just The Way You Are”
x
I bet one of the Billy Joel songs will be another Klaine duet. vomir
Or they skip Klaine all together and let Blaine sing a duet with Rachel only.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/8/2013, 5:42 pm

Billy Joel's lyrics are so poignant in most cases and then they will probably give them to Blaine. If Blaine sings Innocent Man...I.don't.know.what.the.hell... "To find out where the heartache began" They are going to mess it up aren't they?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 6:28 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:
fantastica wrote:He is telling the truth but it's not a duet. Its a quartet. We already knew.
Maybe there is also a duet in the episode. I girl can dream. Pretty please :( 
After seeing the song list for the next episodes, I'm not so excited. Yes, I hope Kurt gets a good song. I'd love him to sing something like Piano  Man, which always makes me cry, when he's closing up the diner.
I'd love that too. But sometimes I forgot that is not good to put high hopes on Glee anymore, because are destroyed.

@Marie, also count me as someone who want to give Glee the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the 5x03 episode. I'd reserve my rage or shocking impression because they actually will be able to handle this episode as it should be...hahaha...I'm sorry but I can't believe what I'm saying. Anyway, as I said before, I prefer to wait until Thursday.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/8/2013, 7:08 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 10/8/2013, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler tag)
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 7:33 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:Billy Joel's lyrics are so poignant in most cases and then they will probably give them to Blaine. If Blaine sings Innocent Man...I.don't.know.what.the.hell... "To find out where the heartache began" They are going to mess it up aren't they?
Yup, 99,9% chance.

Almost all Billy Joel songs have amazing, deep lyrics, you can't just incorporate them in Glee when they are supposed to have a meaning in the canon. 'Innocent Man', 'Honesty', 'Just The Way You Are'..... it would be highly improper for Blaine to sing them (and yet I'm sure he will sing at least one of them).
I can't believe they are wasting Billy Joel on a Blam episode, blegh.

Gosh, how I wish 'Honesty' will be sung by Kurt. But it probably won't. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  opals 10/8/2013, 8:15 pm

Oh, Lord. If the tattoo storyline really is about Kurt trying to shake the doldrums and live it up a bit, my personal nightmare is Blaine coming to NY to set poor, misguided Kurt straight, then singing "Just the Way You Are" while Kurt sits and looks on adoringly.

opals
opals
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/8/2013, 8:17 pm

opals wrote:Oh, Lord. If the tattoo storyline really is about Kurt trying to shake the doldrums and live it up a bit, my personal nightmare is Blaine coming to NY to set poor, misguided Kurt straight, then singing "Just the Way You Are" while Kurt sits and looks on adoringly.

Different episodes, though, right? I don't think that by Episode 6 they'll remember the tattoo.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/9/2013, 1:17 am

Interview with Lea about Cory and the tribute episode. I couldn't read the whole article but there are some spoilers in it so I'm posting it here.

Spoiler:

Last edited by sheny on 10/9/2013, 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about the spoiler bar)

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/9/2013, 1:25 am

I doubt that anyone on this show always gets what she/he wants, it used to be said often about Chris and I always thought fans egaggerate his influence on the writers and I think the same about Darren as well.

And I certainly hope there wont be other Klaine duet again. Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by arina on 10/9/2013, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 10/9/2013, 1:28 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I bet one of the Billy Joel songs will be another Klaine duet. vomir
Or they skip Klaine all together and let Blaine sing a duet with Rachel only.
I hate hate hate Blaine and Rachel's duets not because Lea and Darren sound bad together or anything but because 3 of their 4 duets meant something bad for Kurt. Their first duet was when they kissed in front of Kurt and later went on a date both knowing that Kurt has some feelings for Blaine. And that "Who cares about you?" line always pops up in my head and revives my dislike for Rachel. They sang 2 duets when Kurt lost Tony to Blaine and we had to watch and listen how Rachel and Blaine sing love songs to each other.
I don't want to think what will happen to Kurt when they sing their 5th duet. Maybe he will lose his job at Vogue, get kicked from NYADA or Blaine will confess another cheating.

Last edited by sheny on 10/9/2013, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 10/9/2013, 1:30 am

If that did not mean anything bad for Kurt I am ok with Blaine and Rachel duet as soon as Kurt finally gets allowed to sing with someone else too, give me Kartie duet or Kurtana duet and duet with Adam Lambert!!! But who am I kidding, Blaine will sing with the whole cast again and Kurt is stuck with Blaine, Blaine, Blaine, Rachel, Blaine, Blaine.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/9/2013, 4:46 am

Please tell me they didn't do yet another press conference, with Lea being presented as a hero yet again and Ryan clapping his own shoulders how great the episode turned out to be??! I am so disgusted, I really cannot put it properly in words.

However, dear Ryan Murphy: focus on the rest of the show that is currently a trainwreck and stop promoting the one episode EVERYONE will watch anyway. And shut up, really, shut up!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next