Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

+28
crazypumpkin
Vir Cotto
bayth
Divalicious
M&M
ColdFlame96
sjonnepon
tanita_mors
Delight
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
ladydianab
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
arina
SippyCupofLuv
Glorfindel
Georgette888
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
Lottie2303
fantastica
brisallie
Ranwing
AnneNeville
coxfire
Buenos
sheny
32 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Ireth 9/13/2013, 12:25 am

fantastica wrote:wow, blaine is so popular that all show choirs in the world (friends or foe) are willing to be subjected to his command. wtf! makes me wanna slap him even more.
ptdr 

I'm hoping this all blows up badly in Blaine's face.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 16

Post  Buenos 9/13/2013, 2:11 am

Regardless I'm happy I'm going to have Kurt on my screen looking pretty and being serenaded. I might not agree that it's the best SL resolution but I don't mind Kurt feeling happy or being flattered or being told he's special.

I find it very reasonable and logical that someone would want to woo him.

wub wub wub 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 9/13/2013, 2:38 am

Ireth wrote:
fantastica wrote:wow, blaine is so popular that all show choirs in the world (friends or foe) are willing to be subjected to his command. wtf! makes me wanna slap him even more.
ptdr 

I'm hoping this all blows up badly in Blaine's face.

Me too, I have a feeling  Kurt ia going to say yes.Evil or Very Mad  I hope I am wrong.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2013, 3:25 am

SippyCupofLuv wrote:What if as GOBr said, the song/proposal is real, not dream or fantasy... BUT the part with Rachel and Santana 'congratulating' Kurt is NOT real. What if Blaine dreams/fantasizes Kurt accepting and then reality happens and everyone's like "WTF, Blaine?! This isn't what we came here for." ... and thus begins Blaine's descent from his golden pedestal he's put himself on...

Although if there was a scene of Kurt accepting why hasn't THAT been spoiled too, when the before and apparent after (the ring)?... for that matter why hasn't there been the proposal itself (the 'asking')?

And why is Blaine defensively saying "Kurt and I WILL have a happy ending!" (in full-on invoke narrative irony douchey smugness)?
You know, that actually sounds reasonable. I can get behind this theory.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/13/2013, 5:03 am

All You Need Is Love (Glee Cast Version)

I wish they had leaked the Klaine duet insead this one sounds boring.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/13/2013, 5:18 am

I couldn't get through it. He sounds so flat and just... dull.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2013, 5:23 am

Huh, did I miss something. What leaked?!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/13/2013, 5:28 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Huh, did I miss something. What leaked?!
Right above there is a link to the recording of Blaine singing "All You Need Is Love." I have chosen not to listen.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2013, 5:31 am

Funny, I cannot see the link. I cannot listen right now anyway, but my excitement is infectious Rolling Eyes 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 9/13/2013, 5:36 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Funny, I cannot see the link. I cannot listen right now anyway, but my excitement is infectious Rolling Eyes 
here is the link

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 9/13/2013, 5:36 am

sheny wrote:All You Need Is Love (Glee Cast Version)

I wish they had leaked the Klaine duet insead this one sounds boring.
I would of rather had the Klaine duet too but I have to admit, the second I played this, I instantly felt happy. neutre I've never been into The Beatles but I find this really catchy.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 9/13/2013, 5:51 am

Well unfortunately I am very into the Beatles.  

As someone who likes some of Darren's singing, I was not wowed.  First of all there was nothing fresh or new about the arrangement, too much of a karokee cover ;  I think the vocals just seemed so uninspired.   Darren's vocals had no playfulness or swing to them, just a little too earnest or maybe the style didn't suit his voice, I dunno.

His vocal weaknesses just stood out too much.  Mind you the Beatles original is also sort of sung in the same style, talk sung, but they had  enough vocal distinctiveness to make it work.

Oh well.

Maybe they should have done the stripped down version from the movie Across the Universe, the heavy arrangement didn't really suit Darren I think.

Here is from the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLcC0os5ZR0
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/13/2013, 7:37 am

There's absolutely no emotion in AYNIL. It is very boring. Maybe that's why they needed to bring 4,000,000 show choirs to back him up. And the he loves you crap at the end is really annoying. Because if he loved Kurt, he wouldn't have slept with a random facebook dude, and he wouldn't be talking about his second husband in Blaine's time capsule.

The whole proposal thing is ridiculous, and the thought of Kurt accepting a ring from him at this point is ridiculous. Even if they have a heart to heart beforehand, Kurt would have to be an absolute idiot to accept a proposal from a boy (because Blaine is an immature boy at this point) who cheated on him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/13/2013, 7:53 am

Heard AYNIL - hate it.

Not impressed at all.

I wish they would release the Klaine duet.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/13/2013, 7:58 am

I am not familar with the original, but the Glee version is kinda average I think, I don't love it and I don't hate it either. It's rather a boring song, Darren sounds ok, nothing really impressive but not bad either.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/13/2013, 7:59 am

Well, She Loves you... etc is in the original but, yeah, in this context, it grates. Same with the time capsule. In any other context, it would be a silly little teasing reference, a bit like a couple laughing together about their Celebrity Exceptions lists. In the context of what Blaine has done and never been held to account for, in show or in fandom, it is as douchey as one of the couple teasing about their list when they'd had an affair 6 months before. It is like the show and actor (if he had a say) have no sense of what is appropriate at all. Oh, what am I saying? This is Glee. Of course they don't.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/13/2013, 8:38 am

I don't understand why I even listened to the song. The hiatus may be getting to me, or I'm masochistic, or....

Anyway. Is it just me or has Darren sounded less and less impressive with each new season? I mean, I had enjoyed listening to some of the Blaine songs in Season 2. It couldn't be just the lack of the Beelzebub back up vocals, right? Darren just doesn't sing with as much energy or character nowadays.

Okay, I'll just stop here. I don't wish to make this thread too negative. I'll just keep a ear out for Kurt songs from here on.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 9/13/2013, 9:05 am

^ He probably doesn't try very hard anymore because he knows RIB will give him more songs no matter how bad/good he sings them. Every new song sounds more boring and emotionless. Maybe if they stop giving him 100 solos and duets in every episode things will improve and people will start enjoying his voice again. Right now even some of his fans are tired of hearing him.

Last edited by sheny on 9/13/2013, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/13/2013, 9:08 am

Georgette888 wrote:I couldn't get through it. He sounds so flat and just... dull.
My thoughts exactly. This rendition is so effing lifeless and without any energy. It's so lukewarm. Not to mention that everything (both the instruments and the choirs singing the chorus are drowning him out constantly). And what will be so bad is that I know Darren is going to be acting this out so big, like he is yelling as hard as he can and it's just going to look so ridiculous.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 9/13/2013, 9:16 am

tanita_mors wrote:
Georgette888 wrote:I couldn't get through it. He sounds so flat and just... dull.
My thoughts exactly. This rendition is so effing lifeless and without any energy. It's so lukewarm. Not to mention that everything (both the instruments and the choirs singing the chorus are drowning him out constantly). And what will be so bad is that I know Darren is going to be acting this out so big, like he is yelling as hard as he can and it's just going to look so ridiculous.
and I can already hear the stans and the TV critics payed by FOX praise his "splendid, warm and emotionnal rendition"...Blah.
coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2013, 9:18 am

Darren sounds bored. I can't think of another way to put it. Yes, his tone is flat (which is normal for him), but normally his songs at least have some energy to make up for what he lacks as a singer, but this was positively leaden.

Now I'll be honest that while I love the Beatles, this is one of my least favorite songs. It's plodding and dull when you pair it with a singer who's voice is so devoid of nuance, it's at best a dull tune. I only like Darren on uptempo numbers where his vocal shortcomings don't stand out so strongly. I would have thought that since this is the song that he's using to try to win back the love of his live (miles may vary on that) that he'd be at least a little enthusiastic. He showed far more life for his numbers with Sam. Meh.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2013, 9:18 am

I couldn't listen to it yet, but overall even some Darren fans seem to agree it is a really boring rendition. Hence, I sincerely expect the worst.

Sadly, this is the proposal song. Could they at least try to make a great cover?
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 9/13/2013, 9:36 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Sadly, this is the proposal song. Could they at least try to make a great cover?
To put it in the colorful words of a friend of mine who hates Darren "That song sucks like a prostitute on payday."

Am ever so grateful that they didn't waste any of my favorite Beatles songs on this apallingly bad storyline.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 9/13/2013, 9:40 am

tanita_mors wrote:
and with this song he's supposed to propose to his 'love of his life'. I don't know Darren, but if you have to act as Blaine that means that you also have to act as Blaine when you record a song, so a bit more enthousiasm would be good.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 9/13/2013, 9:42 am

Ranwing wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:Sadly, this is the proposal song. Could they at least try to make a great cover?
To put it in the colorful words of a friend of mine who hates Darren "That song sucks like a prostitute on payday."

Am ever so grateful that they didn't waste any of my favorite Beatles songs on this apallingly bad storyline.
ptdr I'll so remember that one for future reference!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next