Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

+17
Delight
Ireth
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Kurt Hummel
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
AnneNeville
arina
ColferInspired
Divalicious
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
Ranwing
tanita_mors
21 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap37%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap32%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 11:05 am

I am watching the NYC edit and I swear it is so anemic . . .

Chris sounds good on Get Back.

That's about all I can say. I can't imagine sitting through 45 or 50 minutes of this.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 11:19 am

valkeakuulas wrote:
Lottie2303 wrote:I guess I'll watch later the Kurt edit to analyse Chris facial expressions while talking about Blaine. Is it also correct that Blaine and Sam talk about surnames, and Blaine doesn't really care yet? With what I read, I actually get the impression they plan to have a doomed engagement. But this is Glee - next episode they are probably in Vegas, get married, Blaine sings 5 songs and Kurt is nodding happily along beam 
For me Chris played Kurt very, how I say it neutrally, very non-chalant, like he doesn't care one way or the other.  Kurt feels he's "playing the part..."
During the NYADA scene I felt like Chris was shaking and nodding his head a lot. It was a bit odd, honestly. It seemed like movement that didn't actually mean anything, and I don't usually feel that way when I watch Kurt.

Actually, I felt like all the acting in the NYC edit was very blah, Chris included. His voice sounded lovely on both songs, though. I was actually surprised by how limpid the whole thing seemed, aside from the vocals (I liked all the numbers in the NYC edit). Don't know *why* they all seemed so 'blah.'

Maybe I'm just so over the show that I'm not even a little impressed anymore, even by the performers I like.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/4/2013, 11:22 am

this entire episode leaves you with nothing. i watched it and felt empty, and not empty in an emotionally-draining way, but as though i just wasted 42 minutes of my time and nothing happened. to quote out poll, i was totally indifferent. whateva

that is bad for a show. that is wrose the a show having a negative reaction on the audience. because even hate makes us passionate about it. indifference leads to changing the channel forever.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/4/2013, 11:27 am

So, before they announce the ratings, how many viewers do you think the episode got last night? More, less, or about the same?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 11:35 am

Jellyrolls wrote:So, before they announce the ratings, how many viewers do you think the episode got last night?  More, less, or about the same?
About 500,000 less than the premiere.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 12:08 pm

tanita_mors wrote:this entire episode leaves you with nothing. i watched it and felt empty, and not empty in an emotionally-draining way, but as though i just wasted 42 minutes of my time and nothing happened. to quote out poll, i was totally indifferent. whateva

that is bad for a show. that is wrose the a show having a negative reaction on the audience. because even hate makes us passionate about it. indifference leads to changing the channel forever.
I voted for 'Indifferent' on the poll too. I'm only interested aymore when Chris pops up on screen, and even in this episode he was mostly prop.
'Get Back' was fun though, but all I kept thinking was "Carmen won't like the way they are using the pianos for this week's pretend-dancing-with-moving-furniture number, as that doesn't really help with the tuning of them." Razz 

Jellyrolls wrote:So, before they announce the ratings, how many viewers do you think the episode got last night?  More, less, or about the same?
Less, definitely less.

Unless Demi's fans gave them more viewers this episode, but she is not exactly getting them to tune in for the X-factor.

-ETA-
First ratings are in:

Fox capped off the night with “The X Factor” (#2: 5.2/ 9), which slipped by 27 percent from the year-ago evening, and “Glee” (#4: 3.1/ 5), which was down by 30 percent from the 4.4/ 7 in the overnights one year earlier.
-Losers (excluding repeats):
“Glee” (Fox)
 Last week Glee had a 3.4, so the number of viewers is down. coool

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Fbkoxz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 12:30 pm

• Glee S5 Ratings (Lowest to Highest):
02 - 1.6 with 4.50 million viewers (Tina in the Sky with Diamonds)

01 - 2.0 with 5.06 million viewers (Love, Love, Love)
Source: 

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/ratings-news-4th-october-2013-ratings.html?m=1
I guessed it would be about 500,000 lower . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 12:58 pm

^And they lost over 300.000 viewers in the first half hour:

9:00 p.m.
Fox – Glee Viewers: 4.71 million (#4), A18-49: 1.8/ 5 (#3)

9:30 p.m.
Fox – Glee Viewers: 4.38 million (#4), A18-49: 1.5/ 4 (#4)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 1:00 pm

Lowest rated episode EVER.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 1:06 pm

^Wow, even lower than the ones that aired on Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day.

Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing. suure

Keep sidelining your best players, Glee, and you'll end up at the bottom of the League.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 1:09 pm

Okay, finally watched the NYC edit (whoever did it, please continue!), and it was better then I expected. Nothing special or extraordinary, but it was nice.

Dantana was cute, even though that bi-comment was totally unnecessary, but they already have an expiration date. I won't even bother to care.

This vest from Kurt deserves to be burnt. It also bothered me how the camera focused the entire time on Rachel while "Get Back" whit much less focus on Kurt, while he was singing. That would never happen in reverse. But the two sounded better during the scene compared to the audio. The apartment scenes during "Let it be" were very good. I love those touches.

It is a shame the dinner dynamic is over for now, because Rachel/Santana/Kurt were killing it. But am I the only one who thought "sleazeball" about the director? That SL isn't over yet and I wonder if Rachel actually will learn a very valuable but hard lesson?!

Funnily, almost no Klaine engagement mentions. They've just got engaged and should be wanting to hump like bunnies.... nope, more to come as well. With the opening of Blaine not even thinking of names (the only MK i saw), I wonder if reality will kick in and both realize they actually are not interested yet to get married?

Overall, Fanny and Klaine engagement not over yet. I foresee more troubles to come.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/4/2013, 1:12 pm

Glorfindel wrote:...
'Get Back' was fun though, but all I kept thinking was "Carmen won't like the way they are using the pianos for this week's pretend-dancing-with-moving-furniture number, as that doesn't really help with the tuning of them." Razz 

Luckily for them, Carmen wasn't around Razz. I hate myself for having these thoughts, but when I saw that amazing performance, sorry I can't be unbiased, I couldn't avoid to think that Kurt is taking bad habits from Blaine. Remember? Blaine + furniture= obsession lol

Also count me as one of those who felt mostly indifferent toward this episode, for instance "Hey Jude" moment would have been a beautiful and significant performance for me, but still I believe it was pointless what they did to Tina, I don't get why Bree would do that? I see Tina as someone who is probably unnoticed by everyone and only known as the "asian girl", but I don't see a real reason to humilliate as that cheerio did it. For me is more like they trying to sell Bree as the new "villain".

@Lottie, where did you find those NYC edits? and what is "sleazeball"?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 1:23 pm

Sleazeball: Uhm, a dishonest or immoral person.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/4/2013, 1:27 pm

Wow. I wonder how low the viewers have to go before they pull the plug.

It's really a number of things that are causing the lower viewers:

1. Mistakenly thinking that they could replace the original cast members with cheap knockoffs. As I've said, the viewers were attached to the original cast--they were the ones that made glee what it was--not Ryan's precious format. People don't want to see the old characters redone by new actors, and the old storylines retold. They want to follow the journey of the originals, not the cheap ripoffs.

2. Tough competition in the time slot. Since the switch to Thursday nights, it's faced tough competition from Gray's Anatomy, but now it's even tougher. They are opposite strong programming with well known actors on both CBS and NBC now--with the new Robin Williams, Michael J. Fox, and Sean Hayes comedies, plus Two and a Half Men moving to the 9:30 time slot. I think people are probably just tuning into the other shows, and will catch glee either on demand, on their DVR's or online.

3. Force feeding the weaker actors from their pre-season four cast. Blaine overexposure is beyond ridiculous, as is Sam overload. Tina overload can be bad at times as well. They put way too much faith in Darren, and it is pretty clear that his fanbase isn't nearly as strong as everyone thinks it is (or perhaps they were once bigger, but outgrew him and moved on to something else). They put the show on the shoulders of 2nd and 3rd stringers instead of their all stars.

4. I hate to say it, but I think the promotion of the gay storylines could have hurt the numbers as well. Unfortunately, we do still live in a country where there are a lot of people who aren't accepting of the gay people, and I also think some people just don't want to see the gay interaction/kisses even if they have no issue with people being gay. Look at the promotion for these two episodes--episode one was all about Klaine, episode 2 was all about Dantana.

I could go on, but I have to get back to work Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/4/2013, 2:02 pm

Someone on tumblr did a picture of the Spotlight diner that is completely precious!

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu46vmkCKi1r47fgho1_500

I love little cartoon Kurt!
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/4/2013, 3:05 pm

are we like the only fandom that actively rejoices when their show is bombing week after week in ratings ?
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 3:10 pm

^ Yes. Welcome to Glee, I'd say :D
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 10/4/2013, 3:11 pm

tanita_mors wrote:are we like the only fandom that actively rejoices  when their show is bombing week after week in ratings ?
Not 100% sure, but would not be surprise if true.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/4/2013, 3:25 pm

ChrisColferFan1 wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:are we like the only fandom that actively rejoices  when their show is bombing week after week in ratings ?
Not 100% sure, but would not be surprise if  true.
It shows how much they've alienated people who were previously dedicated to the show.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/4/2013, 3:26 pm

After all, it's the only glee we can get from Glee these days.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/4/2013, 3:30 pm

I said it once, and will repeat it many more times, character/NYC edits will be the death of Glee fanny2 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 4:43 pm

^Yup. It's not that we don't like part of Glee anymore. It's just that we only like a small part, the part RIB neglect all the time, and dislike the rest.
And since the bad stuff of the show takes up so much screentime and songs in comparison to the good stuff, and we simply can't bring ourselves to sit out that bad stuff while we wait for the few minutes of the good stuff, we resort to Kurt or NY edits, and stop watching the entire show on tv (those in the USA) and don't buy the dvd's anymore.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 4:47 pm

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5hs9YXNS1qmgu7zo1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5hs9YXNS1qmgu7zo2_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5hs9YXNS1qmgu7zo3_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5hs9YXNS1qmgu7zo4_250
x

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5nz76GoJ1qgrxsfo4_r1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5nz76GoJ1qgrxsfo2_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5nz76GoJ1qgrxsfo1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu5nz76GoJ1qgrxsfo3_r1_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/4/2013, 5:07 pm

Can I just say again that these blue pants rival with the gold lame pants. The colour fools into thinking they are PG13. I wonder if these were the exact pants the wardrobe dept heard the tight sqeeze comment about? Razz

BTW Tanita: The Gold Pants haven't made an apparance for a long long time! Wink
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/4/2013, 5:30 pm

^Don't unleash the beast, lol.

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo4_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo2_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo5_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo6_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo7_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo8_r1_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo10_250

5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo3_250  5x02 "Tina in the Sky with Diamonds" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mu4kgjMxnl1qcpsrlo9_250
x

They have the best chemistry. wub
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next